Photo
- - - - -

[DEAD] FREE Game from Origin - Dragon Age: Origins, BF:BC2, Spore - Check your email!

• Please log in to reply
251 replies to this topic

#121 Bryce3333

Bryce3333

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

Thanks OP! In ye olde spam folder

#122 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

Meh, own all three. Would have rather they sent out discount codes.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#123 jlg6184

jlg6184

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:05 PM

I didn't get anything either, never seem to either.

#124 Usarocker

Usarocker

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

Has anyone else run into the problem I had with redeeming the promo code. My code always says its invalid, and ea wont give me a new one since its a promo. Anyone else have this issue? or just me and my bad luck lol.

#125 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:16 PM

Has anyone else run into the problem I had with redeeming the promo code. My code always says its invalid, and ea wont give me a new one since its a promo. Anyone else have this issue? or just me and my bad luck lol.

did you do it through the origin client and not the site.

#126 bfett9

bfett9

Stop Looking at Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:20 PM

Has anyone contacted EA for a code if they didn't get one???
Posted Image

#127 Usarocker

Usarocker

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

did you do it through the origin client and not the site.

Yup, already talked about this on post #84 - #86 on this chain. Did everything correct and how i was suppose to, but never works for me. So just seeing if its my dumb luck that it doesnt work.

#128 Foxconn Worker

Foxconn Worker

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

darn checked spam and everythang i couldn't find it. I guess i didn't check da portion 4 dem 2 send promo email i uncheck it 2day see if they send it

#129 fastitocalon

fastitocalon

I am red cyclone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:51 PM

Has anyone contacted EA for a code if they didn't get one???

Someone either here or at SD got told to Shaq-Fu when they contacted support.

fs.png

Twitter #kelkeen

#130 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:35 PM

This might be kind of a DUH thing, but be sure you are adding the BASIC editions of these games to your cart and not the repackaged editions with DLC add-ons and what not.

steam_sig.png

#131 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

I've been receiving all sorts of junk emails from EA all the time but no free game email from Origin. WTH!
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#132 danh920

danh920

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

no game, super lame

#133 AlphaHunter

AlphaHunter

Would You Kindly...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

Thanks OP! I would have missed this one in my inbox!

#134 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:11 PM

So I go to my Origin program (to make sure e-mails are turned on) and open it up. It's telling me I need to update so I press update. It downloads the update and then doesn't do anything else. It's like it downloads the update and just stops the application :lol:. Next time I launch it it says you need to update and downloads the update again and does the same thing.

Nice EA
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#135 DK745

DK745

Streets Ahead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

Here's a little horror story for you. On Origin, the promo bar didn't show up for me, apparently you have to "pay" using a credit card and not PayPal so I accidentally bought Dragon Age Origins. Long story short, I'm supposedly being issued a refund but Dragon Age Origins is still in my list of games.

Makes me wonder if it will disappear or if I should get another copy as I already own BFBC2 and that I don't want Spore at all.

That's odd. Worked out fine for me (the option to pay went away after I entered the promo code, just had to enter my address still.) My problem was trying it on Origin's site rather than reading the instructions and seeing it had to be done in the desktop client.

#136 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:13 PM

The difference is that EA isn't doing a deep discount for ALL; they're giving a bonus to some of their existing customers.

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#137 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

But you acknowledge that it was just a joke on louiedog's part, right?

#138 cobolatrix

cobolatrix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

Pls go EA.

(inb4 this is not a joke.)

(Still haven't got my email, sucks.)

#139 mad_taffer

mad_taffer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:43 PM

Nothing for me yet, and I checked spam and even logged in to make sure that g-mail is what I used to make the account. :(
We have Dragon's Age on PS3, but I would not mind having the PC version at all.

#140 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

Well this sucks, I didn't get one and I've been an Origin member since it started and I own a good number of games for it.

Thanks, EA. You jerks!

#141 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:48 PM

I asked my friend if he got anything and he didn't, so they're clearly rewarding those with larger junk, ifyouknowwhutImean.

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#142 mad_taffer

mad_taffer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:51 PM

I didn't have it checked to send me promo stuff, that's probably why I didn't get it. I just unchecked it, but probably too late now. :(

#143 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:00 PM

I didn't have it checked to send me promo stuff, that's probably why I didn't get it. I just unchecked it, but probably too late now. :(

Yeah I just looked at my account and I had it unchecked also, so I got punished for not liking EA's spam in my inbox. YAY!

#144 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:02 PM

I've been on EA account for years now (since BFBC2 release), but I just used the Origin client today to dl a game...are my chances slim on getting an email for a free game?

#145 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:23 PM

I got the email (thanks for telling me to check my spam folder, fellow CAGs) but the promo code is coming up as invalid.

Keep it classy, EA.

Edit: The code was invalid on the website, but it worked in the client. I'm clearly spoiled by Steam, where a storefront is a storefront is a storefront.

Edited by mokmoof, 22 June 2012 - 03:06 PM.

#146 phantom4

phantom4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:29 PM

I just checked my email, didn't get one.

#147 jlg6184

jlg6184

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:07 PM

Contacted EA Live Support. They indicated that the codes were given out completely at random. They also stated that they couldn't (likely meant wouldn't) do anything about those members who did not receive a code.

#148 Argive

Argive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:22 PM

No code for me. I changed my email preference, but it's probably too late, if it even would have made a difference. Ho hum.
Posted Image

#149 DK745

DK745

Streets Ahead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

I got the email (thanks for telling me to check my spam folder, fellow CAGs) but the promo code is coming up as invalid.

Keep it classy, EA.

Were you using it on their site or in the desktop client? Can't be on their site (was doing it for me too); has to be in the actual Origin client itself.

I never bought anything from there before, but get e-mails all the time from EA, so that's probably why I got the code. Only games I had on there were Dragon Age 1, 2, and Mass Effect 2, and I bought those off of Amazon.

#150 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

Haha, totally in my spam folder. Anyways, the only one I didn't have was Spore, so... eh. wtf.

I'm sure this is EA's way of getting me comfortable with actually buying something from their store rather than just inputting codes from boxed copies of games, amazon-bought copies, and steam codes (the ones that work).