Photo
- - - - -

[DEAD] FREE Game from Origin - Dragon Age: Origins, BF:BC2, Spore - Check your email!

• Please log in to reply
251 replies to this topic

#241 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

Amy Pond

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:56 AM

Update. I contacted EA Chat Support and the rep was extremely helpful and gave me a Spore product activation key to add to my account, so give it a try, be nice, but as always YMMV.

did you contact them through the live chat in the Origin client or through a web browser? I tried through the web browser earlier today but the option is grayed out and I can't click on it. I tried through the client and there is
a 200+ minute wait just to chat with an representative, lol EA you fail once again

533740.png

#242 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:59 AM

You have a decent chance of getting one of the free games through EA's live support.. but it's always a crapshoot. I had no problems getting Crysis activated on Origin the first attempt I made contacting their support.. but my friend had to go through over 5 reps just to get Mass Effect activated. It's always going to vary, half of their support reps probably have no idea what they're doing.

#243 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:39 AM

That queue was definitely exaggerated for me. I started at 190ish minutes and about 90 minutes later I was talking to a rep. Still way longer than I'd like to wait but fortunately you don't need to babysit the chat. I explained the problem, gave my email and was asked what game I wanted. Another 10 minutes later Bad Company 2 was in my library.

#244 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:00 AM

did you contact them through the live chat in the Origin client or through a web browser? I tried through the web browser earlier today but the option is grayed out and I can't click on it. I tried through the client and there is
a 200+ minute wait just to chat with an representative, lol EA you fail once again

I did it through origin and there was only an 4 minute wait when I did it so it was pretty quick.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#245 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

Amy Pond

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:42 AM

after 2 hours I finally contacted a rep through Origin live chat, explained about the free game code not working they asked for my email and which game I wanted, five minutes later they gave me a working code for Spore

533740.png

#246 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:15 AM

I know Orgin gets a lot of crap, some deserved, but they were very helpful and easy to deal with tonight.

I'm sure they're getting flooded in customer service, which caused the long wait times. Plus, it's not too hard to surf the net for an hour while waiting for a free game I'll never play.

#247 skettel88

skettel88

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

Anyone have a code for DAO they don't plan on using?

#248 kujen

kujen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

I think the promotion is over now, codes all expired

#249 jonlubbe

jonlubbe

...For Great Justice!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:33 PM

Anyone have a code for DAO they don't plan on using?

You can buy it on amazon this week for 5 bux (or 7.50 for the ultimate edition)

#250 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:02 PM

Deal is dead now. Title edited to reflect its passing.

Glad to have been of service to my fellow CAGs!

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#251 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:18 PM

I know this is dead, but another update. The code I got yesterday just would not work (that and origin is acting up for some reason) so I had to contact them again today and the rep added Spore to my account right then and there. so I have not issues with their CS at all, love it.

As far as the client though, the CS Chatbox kept freezing on me today, very annoying, had to connect with reps three times before it did not freeze.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#252 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:54 PM

As I think I mentioned upthread, when I wanted to get my BF3 Alpha and Beta items out of my library, it took less than 10 minutes holding then IMing the Origin CSR thru the app to resolve things.

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png