Photo
- - - - -

Shadow of the Damned (PS3) for $10 @ Best Buy (YMMV)

• Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

#271 erdmanski1341

erdmanski1341

On Wisconsin!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:33 PM

yo just a heads up man picked up my order which was originally 19.99 and the price changed to 9.99 when i picked it up so its a go

same here. had a PS3 copy waiting for store pickup and finally got to BB on saturday. just told her i saw it for $9.99 and wanted to PM. she said no problem, canceled the online order and rescanned for the $9.99.
Posted Image

#272 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

same here. had a PS3 copy waiting for store pickup and finally got to BB on saturday. just told her i saw it for $9.99 and wanted to PM. she said no problem, canceled the online order and rescanned for the $9.99.

Nice. If I don't check out with my store pick up for 9.99, then I will ask for the PM.

Good approach.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#273 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

I just picked up a copy today at the Cumberland store in Smyrna Georgia. There is still one left and it is tagged at $9.99. They also had a LOTR Collector's edition for $39.99. and Saint's Row CE for $49.99 if anyone is interested.

If they cut those 2 CE prices in half, I'm all over each of them.

Posted Image

#274 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:16 PM

Got the "almost ready for pick up" email today.

I'm stoked for this game. Sorry to express my joy.

I checked a couple more stores today, and of course no stock.

Got the same email today! WOOP! I will be sure to make sure it's $9.99 when I go pick it up.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#275 narec

narec

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:29 PM

hoping i don't have to cancel the instore pu order and rebuy. accumulating my instore pu orders to get the $10 coupon after $50 instore pu online ordering.

#276 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:49 PM

hoping i don't have to cancel the instore pu order and rebuy. accumulating my instore pu orders to get the $10 coupon after $50 instore pu online ordering.

It must be "A" $50 or more purchase. Just making sure you don't think you can buy $10 here, $20 there.

Free $10 Savings Code

Spend $50 or more on movies, music or video game software, choose store pickup, and get a $10 savings code.

• Place a movie, music or video game software order of $50 or more between Sunday, June 17, and Friday, August 31 — and use store pickup.
  • The savings code will be e-mailed up to 5 days after you pick up your order.
  • Redeem your savings code in store or online.
  • Note: Not all products are available for store pickup. Valid on individual online purchases made between 6/17/12 and 8/31/12. Excludes purchases of PC and pre-owned games, video game accessories, video game hardware, and Xbox LIVE, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Plus, CinemaNow, iTunes® and online game cards. Eligible pre-orders must be placed and fulfilled during promotion. Savings Codes expire as follows: For June in-store pickups — 7/31; July in-store pickups — 8/31; and August in-store pickups — 9/30.
Posted Image

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#277 narec

narec

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:44 PM

oh dang, yes i did think it was cumulative. thanks for the clarification. sucks though.

#278 cagfansub

cagfansub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:59 AM

Just got my PS3 copy.. Ordered to store at 19.99 on Sunday.. it auto price-adjusted to 9.99 during pick up and check out.

#279 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:41 AM

Just got my PS3 copy.. Ordered to store at 19.99 on Sunday.. it auto price-adjusted to 9.99 during pick up and check out.

This is some good reoccurring evidence right ChunLiBarbie? :applause:
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:

#280 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:11 AM

This is some good reoccurring evidence right ChunLiBarbie? :applause:

Lol! It'll be even better when I get the pick up email AND have the game in my hands...in addition to the $9.99 price!:)

#281 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:51 PM

Can anybody confirm the Xbox version is auto price adjusting down to 9.99 if you do ship to store?

Posted Image

#282 DomLando

DomLando

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

Can anybody confirm the Xbox version is auto price adjusting down to 9.99 if you do ship to store?

I am wondering the same thing.

#283 marineal

marineal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

I took the bullet and ordered yesterday. Just received and e-mail stating that it's on the way to the store.
One of the fine prints on the e-mail was this.

Low Price Guarantee
If your product is available at a lower price in the store at the time of pickup, your credit card and/or gift card will automatically be adjusted to reflect the lowest price available.

#284 Qwid

Qwid

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:58 PM

Still shows up for ship to store on the PS3 version. Seems it is $13.99 and I'll find out when it arrives if they price adjust it to $9.99.

Just google "best buy sku 2480074"

#285 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:37 PM

Confirmed & double confirmed that both Xbox & PS3 versions will ring up $9.99 if you do ship to store. Price auto adjusts on pickup.
So does Jurassic Park on Xbox 360

#286 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:46 PM

Confirmed & double confirmed that both Xbox & PS3 versions will ring up $9.99 if you do ship to store. Price auto adjusts on pickup.
So does Jurassic Park on Xbox 360

Great. I'm not so worried anymore.

Here is a question:
I paid with a gift card. Will I get credited back to that GC automatically? Or do they need to swipe it?
Posted Image

Now playing:

#287 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:50 PM

Great. I'm not so worried anymore.

Here is a question:
I paid with a gift card. Will I get credited back to that GC automatically? Or do they need to swipe it?

I am pretty sure they would just charge $9.99 to your GC & you will have any balance available on it after you pickup the game

#288 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:52 PM

Appears i waited too late. Not available for shipping or ship to store. Hopefully that option comes back online...

Posted Image

#289 Qwid

Qwid

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:33 AM

Appears i waited too late. Not available for shipping or ship to store. Hopefully that option comes back online...

Try this link

http://www.bestbuy.c...requestid=50884

#290 jubeininja69

jubeininja69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:45 AM

I am pretty sure they would just charge $9.99 to your GC & you will have any balance available on it after you pickup the game

don't you have to pay for the game first before they ship to store?

what about those that paid with paypal? do they refund the difference to your account?

others please free to chime in.

#291 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:55 AM

http://www.bestbuy.c...9&skuId=2480074

You're welcome.:booty:

I used the link above.

#292 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:59 AM

I ordered one. Let's see if it works. Shipping would've been a lot more convenient. What I'll do to save four fucking dollars.
Let's go O's!

#293 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

Try this link

http://www.bestbuy.c...requestid=50884

Still nada. Ship to Store is not available and no stores in my state or surrounding have it in stock. :-(

Posted Image

#294 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:41 PM

That link is showing up for me as $13.99 and working for shipping to store or to my house.
FadeToOne.png

#295 Qwid

Qwid

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

Still nada. Ship to Store is not available and no stores in my state or surrounding have it in stock. :-(

What city are you in? I can still get the link to show up by searching google for Best Buy and the sku. Chun's link above shows up as well.

#296 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:03 PM

What city are you in? I can still get the link to show up by searching google for Best Buy and the sku. Chun's link above shows up as well.

This is what I see - assuming the page loads correctly:

http://www.bestbuy.c..._requestid=9943

I should have also specified this is for the 360 version - people had confirmed it would also auto drop down to $9.99 if you used in store pickup.

Posted Image

#297 cagfansub

cagfansub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:11 PM

don't you have to pay for the game first before they ship to store?

what about those that paid with paypal? do they refund the difference to your account?

others please free to chime in.

Not sure about Giftcard or Paypal. But, I noticed my CC wasn't charged until I pick it up.

#298 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

Not sure about Giftcard or Paypal. But, I noticed my CC wasn't charged until I pick it up.

I've had a "hold" placed on my CC before for the amount of the purchase, but it doesn't show up as a transaction for me until I actually pick up the items. And, if I can only do a partial pickup - say the other items haven't been shipped to the store yet - the only transactions that show up are for the picked up items. Therefore, on my CC, it could appear as though I made multiple smaller purchases instead of one larger one. However, the hold still stayed for the entire order and the other transactions didn't appear until I actually picked up the items. Not sure how it works for Debit Cards/Gift Cards though...

Posted Image

#299 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:26 PM

I, purposely, did not use PayPal on this for easier adjustment.

#300 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:35 PM

I see my ready for pick up notice. Help these people if they try to fudge with my chit like another BB did with Tron CE(gave me a cancellation email AFTER the ready for pick up email....vultures....and this was a different store that is 20min away). I have been waiting a week or whatever.