Photo
- - - - -

Shadow of the Damned (PS3) for $10 @ Best Buy (YMMV)

• Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

#211 narec

narec

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

But, ya, here's shadows of the damned: http://m.bestbuy.com...p?skuId=2480074

i've been to my local store a few times and all they had is preowned but the above search tool said there was some available at the store anyways. so I submitted my order online and I just got an email saying the game is shipping to the store. my online order was for the old $20 price but i'm hoping it will be adjusted to $10 when i p/u.

#212 cagfansub

cagfansub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:30 AM

I have one set up for in-store pickup, but won't be able to get it until Saturday, but good to know you didn't have any issues. Since it's being clearanced out, I don't assume anyone should have issues getting the $9.99 price if they do ship to store and do a return/rebuy in a few days

Hmm.. interesting idea. Since the online price is 19.99, just order it, pay it ahead of time. Then, pick up at store, the return/rebuy, get $10 back.

#213 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:13 AM

I knew the store by me had one copy of this for the 360 and it was still there when I stopped by after work. All in all, today I spent $35 at Best Buy and got SotD, NFS The Run, + the new Hellyeah and Tremonti albums. That's a good haul for $35!
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#214 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:39 AM

My local store is still showing in stock for this game. Luckily I'm headed that way tomorrow so I can snag a copy, since I missed out on the NFS: The Run deal cuz all three local stores showed unavailable.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#215 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:25 AM

My local store is still showing in stock for this game. Luckily I'm headed that way tomorrow so I can snag a copy, since I missed out on the NFS: The Run deal cuz all three local stores showed unavailable.

DC had three Sunday, two when I left.

#216 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:41 AM

Cool. Good to know. Thanks.

Posted Image

#217 Remoe

Remoe

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:23 AM

Been wanting to buy this ever since I rented it but $25+ was too much. Thanks!

#218 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

DC had three Sunday, two when I left.

I picked up the second to last copy and left behind the last one for whoever wants it. I also noticed Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon(2-3 copies) for $10 and I don't know if it was a lone copy of El Shaddai behind it or not, but there was another $10 clearance title behind that game.

The gaming supervisor verified for me that there IS going to be some sort of gaming clearance starting on the 22nd or so too.:D I really wish we'd get an advance list of some sort.

Posted Image

#219 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

I picked up the second to last copy and left behind the last one for whoever wants it. I also noticed Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon(2-3 copies) for $10 and I don't know if it was a lone copy of El Shaddai behind it or not, but there was another $10 clearance title behind that game.

The gaming supervisor verified for me that there IS going to be some sort of gaming clearance starting on the 22nd or so too.:D I really wish we'd get an advance list of some sort.

Did you go today? I assume you talked to David. I'll verify later if there is a clearance soon and see if so what's going on.

#220 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

Yeah. I think that's who I talked to. I only know two of the reps by name really and I've kinda forgotten the girls' name who works there.:lol:

Posted Image

#221 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:18 PM

Damn it. Went to the Fordham store in the Bronx, and they had one... USED.

$17.99?!?!?! I almost used my $5 @Gamer coupon on it... but decided not to. Just on principle. I cannot pay more for a used copy when the new one is cheaper. Just can't.

So the hunt continues for this game... I've hit all the Manhattan stores for this, and no dice.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#222 Y2JerichoHALic55

Y2JerichoHALic55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:41 PM

Damn it. Went to the Fordham store in the Bronx, and they had one... USED.

$17.99?!?!?! I almost used my $5 @Gamer coupon on it... but decided not to. Just on principle. I cannot pay more for a used copy when the new one is cheaper. Just can't.

So the hunt continues for this game... I've hit all the Manhattan stores for this, and no dice.

Checked all the stores in the Queens area as well as Yonkers, Hartsdale, and Mt. Vernon. No luck at all :-(

#223 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

Checked all the stores in the Queens area as well as Yonkers, Hartsdale, and Mt. Vernon. No luck at all :-(

Thank you kind sir for that update. I'm assuming you physically went to all those stores to check? I only ask because you cannot trust the online stock data. That is why I actually went to all those locations. Today it was 98 in the Fordham area!

Now I guess all that is left is to check a couple of Brooklyn stores next time I'm out there.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:

#224 Lulgasms

Lulgasms

Resident Xbone hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

Placed a site to store order for the PS3 version. Hopefully this return and rebuy dance works...

#225 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:56 PM

Thank you kind sir for that update. I'm assuming you physically went to all those stores to check? I only ask because you cannot trust the online stock data. That is why I actually went to all those locations. Today it was 98 in the Fordham area!

Now I guess all that is left is to check a couple of Brooklyn stores next time I'm out there.

The Bay Pkwy store doesn't have any in case you were thinking of heading there.

#226 lRolLlLilN

lRolLlLilN

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

Found one yesterday at my local BB. It was hidden in one of the shelves filled with games marked $19.99. All these games were sorted in no particular order so it was just pure luck lol. Not sure if they had more but online did say "in stock". This is in Valencia, CA. Thanks OP.

#227 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:04 AM

None at either asheville stores today. One did have a lone collectors edition of skyrim for $59.95 though.

#228 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:02 AM

Found one yesterday at my local BB. It was hidden in one of the shelves filled with games marked $19.99. All these games were sorted in no particular order so it was just pure luck lol. Not sure if they had more but online did say "in stock". This is in Valencia, CA. Thanks OP.

I should pay attention to that next time. The first store I went to that said it was available didn't have it in the main game aisle.

#229 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:07 AM

I should pay attention to that next time. The first store I went to that said it was available didn't have it in the main game aisle.

With these kinda sales if it says in stock you should check EVERYWHERE in gaming, including behind other games, since some folks think it's ok to hide shit in different sections.:bomb::roll:

Posted Image

#230 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:16 AM

With these kinda sales if it says in stock you should check EVERYWHERE in gaming, including behind other games, since some folks think it's ok to hide shit in different sections.:bomb::roll:

Yeah sometimes I forget about that. Maybe I should check the washers too lol :D

#231 Talgrund

Talgrund

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:50 AM

That's what I normally do. Pull out each stack and read the spines of the cases.

#232 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:29 PM

I cannot find this on xbox anywhere. I have been traveling this week and been in multiple best buys - everyone has it on ps3 (went ahead and bought one) but I can't believe there isn't a single xbox version to be found.

well, if anybody's having trouble finding a ps3 version and can get it on xbox, i'll be glad to swap with you.

Posted Image

#233 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

The Bay Pkwy store doesn't have any in case you were thinking of heading there.

Thanks dude. That was actually one of the first ones that came to mind in BK.
Posted Image

Now playing:

#234 xgamer

xgamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:50 PM

So this was tagged as a clearance item @ my local BB, picked it up for 360 for $9.99, they did not have it on PS3 though. Also picked up Agarest of War Zero Collectors Edition for $19.99, also tagged as Clearance.
:xbox: - 401
:360: - 57

#235 erdmanski1341

erdmanski1341

On Wisconsin!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

I cannot find this on xbox anywhere. I have been traveling this week and been in multiple best buys - everyone has it on ps3 (went ahead and bought one) but I can't believe there isn't a single xbox version to be found.

well, if anybody's having trouble finding a ps3 version and can get it on xbox, i'll be glad to swap with you.

if you are somehow near Racine WI, it still is available for store pickup there
Posted Image

#236 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

So this was tagged as a clearance item @ my local BB, picked it up for 360 for $9.99, they did not have it on PS3 though. Also picked up Agarest of War Zero Collectors Edition for $19.99, also tagged as Clearance.

:censored::censored::censored::censored:

if you are somehow near Racine WI, it still is available for store pickup there

That would be a little bit over a 1,500 mile drive for me. I really want a copy for xbox, but I'm not sure I want one that badly....

Posted Image

#237 KidSqueek

KidSqueek

Hero of Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:34 PM

Any luck around West Covina, CA area?

#238 CowboyBebopCrew

CowboyBebopCrew

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:29 PM

Thanks for the post. I picked the game up for 10$ and started playing it. It seems pretty decent so far. :-)

Thanks again!

-JB
Duke University | Class of 2007
Saint Louis University School of Medicine | Class of 2015

Posted Image

#239 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

Nothing at BB in manhattan.

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#240 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:00 PM

Nothing at the Bloomington, IL location.

453605.png
TheTsel.png