Microsoft Store Pre-Orders = $10 MS Coupon + 1600 MSP + FREE Shipping -- $59.99

• Please log in to reply
1119 replies to this topic

#511 BriankLizard93

BriankLizard93

Hindsight is 20-20

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

I wonder if MS will refund people who had multiple orders?

Edited by BriankLizard93, 09 October 2012 - 12:15 AM.

#512 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:56 PM

Due to a system error, your order was mistakenly and temporarily cancelled, and you probably got an email from us telling you that. The good news is that we were able to fix it, and your order is now back in our system and on its way to you. The even better news is that, to apologize for the confusion, we're going to send your order to you for free, at no charge to you.

Not only will you get your order free, you'll still get $10 off your next order and 1600 free Xbox LIVE points that you already had coming to you.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF?!?!?!

WOW!!!

Congrats to all those that got this!!

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#513 jernau

jernau

Player of Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:58 PM

Nice! Got an email for one of my two orders, although not the other yet, so hopefully that's working itself through as well. Well handled.

#514 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

It's so bittersweet for me. I wish I would've ordered a game I actually wanted. Instead I ordered Just Dance 4 because it was the cheapest and I only wanted the points. :(

I wondered how they went about people that ordered multiple games? I sincerely doubt they'd let someone walk away with hundreds of dollars in free games and MSP.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#515 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

I wonder how many people got the Halo 4 L.E. for free?

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#516 Fadikun

Fadikun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:02 AM

Wow way to go Microsoft! Way to TOTALLY redeem yourself by giving us our game for free!! :-D. Or, actually, giving us $30 worth of stuff on top of that!!

#517 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:06 AM

Well, since I re pre ordered from best buy, I'll just return one of the sealed copies to WalMart or something and get the money back while keeping the preorder bonus from best buy. SHWEEEET POINTS AND A LAMP AND A DLC! :D

That's return fraud and discussions of that type are not welcome here.

#518 Oboogie188

Oboogie188

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:07 AM

$90 worth or free stuff from Microsoft!! Who can top that?

#519 jernau

jernau

Player of Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:14 AM

I wondered how they went about people that ordered multiple games? I sincerely doubt they'd let someone walk away with hundreds of dollars in free games and MSP.

Well, it seems to have only affected games coming out this week from what folks are reporting, so it's not like every preorder is being comped.

I also can't tell from the notification if it is talking about a particular one of my two orders, or both in general, since no other details are included.

#520 BriankLizard93

BriankLizard93

Hindsight is 20-20

• CAGiversary!

That's return fraud and discussions of that type are not welcome here.

My bad. Just excited is all. Will remove the post. In all honesty I'll probably just sell it to a friend. XD Going to a store is too much of a hassle.

Edited by BriankLizard93, 09 October 2012 - 12:18 AM.
My bad.

#521 ShinHwaSM

ShinHwaSM

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

It's so bittersweet for me. I wish I would've ordered a game I actually wanted. Instead I ordered Just Dance 4 because it was the cheapest and I only wanted the points. :(

That sucks bro...

I am one of the people that have preordered two games from them (Dishonored and Fable). Both got "canceled" I talked to one of the representative online and she said that I will be getting these games for free. So we shall see...

I also got an email about this as well, but only one email for now.

#522 Machikunas

Machikunas

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:16 AM

Give it some time....

Also, don't be surprised if the points/$10 come a bit late.

I still haven't gotten my goodies from Borderlands 2
It sounds like they are still working on the issue.

Sweet. It looks like mine was never cancelled. Congrats to those that are getting it for free. Wish I'd seen the deal earlier and could have gotten in on that. But I'm still glad to be getting it with the pre-order bonuses.

#523 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:16 AM

i ordered 3 different games (just dance 4, dishonored, fable) but i've only got 1 email so far

but i'm honestly shocked i've never in my life seen a company give a game for free for a mistake

#524 ShinHwaSM

ShinHwaSM

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:18 AM

i ordered 3 different games (just dance 4, dishonored, fable) but i've only got 1 email so far

but i'm honestly shocked i've never in my life seen a company give a game for free for a mistake

Yeah I am actually very surprised. First time in my life that I have gotten a game for free. I honestly would have been "content" with free points and a 10 dollar promo. But hey can't complain about free games.

#525 crewj

crewj

from peru to cebu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:35 AM

awww ya. thanks microsoft for the free game!

#526 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

Well, it seems to have only affected games coming out this week from what folks are reporting, so it's not like every preorder is being comped.

Nope, that's not the case. I'm getting Just Dance 4 for free and that doesn't come out for another month.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#527 johaas

johaas

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

Well, you just earned back my money for Halo 4 (and possibly Black Ops 2). Very impressive!

#528 howard

howard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

Nope, that's not the case. I'm getting Just Dance 4 for free and that doesn't come out for another month.

It comes out tomorrow.

#529 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:54 AM

I got the email too. Dishonored, $10 future credit and 1600 MS points for free. Not a bad deal.

I will say that I went to BB today to preorder the game after getting the cancellation email this morning. I'll have to go get that $5 back.

#530 ostynb

ostynb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:13 AM

This is great news but now I don't know what to do. After I got the email this morning I called them up to ask why it was cancelled and they said they didn't know so I re-pre-ordered. Now I get it all for free, should I cancel my second pre-order? Decisions decisions.

#531 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:13 AM

It comes out tomorrow.

So it does. I was looking at the Wii U release date this whole time. :lol:

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#532 DarkPGR

DarkPGR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:20 AM

Best. Store. Ever.

Free game, $10 off code, and 1600 Microsoft Points = Amazing! :D

I wish I had pre-ordered all the games I want in one shot instead of pre-ordering one at a time.

Edited by DarkPGR, 09 October 2012 - 01:35 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#533 johaas

johaas

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:21 AM

This is great news but now I don't know what to do. After I got the email this morning I called them up to ask why it was cancelled and they said they didn't know so I re-pre-ordered. Now I get it all for free, should I cancel my second pre-order? Decisions decisions.

I did the same thing. Dishonored came back in stock, so I said "what the heck" and preordered again. I called customer service to cancel my second order and the guy said that was free. Did I just get 2 free copies of Dishonored, 3200 MS points, and $20 store credit? Only time will tell...

#534 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:37 AM

Congrats to all of you who are getting it for free + $10 cpn + 1600 pts

Sucks to be the guy at MS that must've clicked cancel preorders instead of ship lol

#535 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:42 AM

Well crap. I actually just preordered Dishonored a little bit ago myself without checking this thread. I haven't received a confirmation nor a cancellation. I'm wondering which one I'll get?

#536 SplinteredGore

SplinteredGore

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:50 AM

So has anyone actually gotten shipping confirmation? I'm glad the game is free but I would also like to play it tomorrow.

#537 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:56 AM

If I were to order now when do you guys think I would recieve the game? Maybe by the end of the week? It says UPS ground takes 3-7 days so I dont want to do this if I have to wait til sometime next Wednesday or Thursday.

#538 SplinteredGore

SplinteredGore

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:05 AM

If I were to order now when do you guys think I would recieve the game? Maybe by the end of the week? It says UPS ground takes 3-7 days so I dont want to do this if I have to wait til sometime next Wednesday or Thursday.

Do they even have it in stock anymore? If they did it wouldn't ship out to tomorrow evening. They ship out from California so it would probably take 3 or 4 days depending on where you are.

#539 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:06 AM

So has anyone actually gotten shipping confirmation? I'm glad the game is free but I would also like to play it tomorrow.

I suggest either renting it. You could always do the less than honorable thing and pick it up from Walmart and return the new/sealed copy when you get it from MS.

#540 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:07 AM

I suggest either renting it. You could always do the less than honorable thing and pick it up from Walmart and return the new/sealed copy when you get it from MS.

;)
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/