Medal of Honor Warfighter
NBA 2K13 [OOS]
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Nike+ Kinect Training ($49.99)
Resident Evil 6

Each of the games listed are available with the offer. They include:

•$10 gift card for future orders at MicrosoftStore.com
•1600 Microsoft Points

*Offer valid from September 4, 2012 through close of business on November 19, 2012. Other conditions with respect to preorder may apply. Gift card (in-store purchases) or Promo Code (online purchases) and 1600 Xbox Live points will be issued upon redemption of preordered product and eligibility will be verified with receipt upon redemption. No photocopies or facsimiles of receipt will be accepted. Neither Gift Card nor Promo Code may be used toward the purchase of preordered product and neither may be transferred or redeemed for cash. Other conditions on use of gift card may apply. Limit one per customer.

*A credit card is required for pre-order, but your card will not be charged until your order is shipped (or the product is made available for download).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Saix_XIII']IMO Best Buy does. You get some pre-order DLC worth at most $5, $20 back as rewards, and 30 (normal)/60 (premiere silver) days to price match to a lower price. So if the game drops to $40 within 30 or 60 days you get the $20 back. Making the game essentially $20.

The $10 at the MS store is worthless to me since they very rarely have deals and add in shipping it usually negates the savings.

But if it's a deal for you, go for it.[/QUOTE]

That's YOU assuming the game will drop at any store by $20.00 on Black Friday, BUT that's if it drops that much...while Microsoft IT'S A NOW type of deal, BY $30.00. oh by the way who spends now days so much money at bestbuy to reach SILVER PREMIER status having sites like AMAZON and NEWEGG around....certainly not me, I like to save my money.

It's a good deal if you need the points. I still have two 4000pt cards from the last sale (paid either $35 or 38 for them, iirc). Otherwise, I might jump on this deal.

This is more than likely a dumb question, but I'm just wanting to be sure.
I'm wanting Borderlands 2 and Resident Evil 6. I'm wondering if I can put a preorder for just Borderlands 2, then when it ships and I get the codes, I preorder Resident Evil 6 for $50 and still get additional MSP and another $10 code.

[quote name='john718']That's YOU assuming the game will drop at any store by $20.00 on Black Friday, BUT that's if it drops that much...while Microsoft IT'S A NOW type of deal, BY $30.00. oh by the way who spends now days so much money at bestbuy to reach SILVER PREMIER status having sites like AMAZON and NEWEGG around....certainly not me, I like to save my money.[/QUOTE]

And YOU are assume the game will NOT drop at any store by $20 in 30 or 60 days. 80% of all games drop in price or go on sale within the first 1-2 months. It is not that uncommon. The only thing you get in this deal has over BB is $10 to use on another item they sell, which isn't terrible. You are acting like I said this is a horrible deal, not once did I say that, all I said was it wasn't the best deal out there for some.

Meanwhile many people have credit due to trading in at Best Buy thus making another option better due to less cost out of pocket. All I am doing is providing information to people. Choose MS, choose BB, choose GS or WM for all I care. It's your money use it how you want. Stop defending a company who doesn't give two craps about who you are.

You say you prefer to save money but act like Best Buy is a horrible company or something. I go where I can save money, I don't care what name is on the building. I have spent more money at Amazon than I have at Best Buy over the last 3 years, I go to where the deals are.

Also, I barely spent any money at BB last year, in fact I was $2,300 or something away from getting premiere silver but they upgraded me for free. Who is the one making assumptions now?

This is a great deal. I preordered Dance Central 3 and Sesame Street for $87 after tax. Here's how I figure it:

• 1600 points card can be had for $15 on buy.com via ebay every once in a while. ($30)
  • $10 coupon are of course $10 since MS store has some good deals every once in a while. Expiration for voucher is important, though. ($20)
  • Dance Central 3 could probably be had for $20-30 by the holidays. Let's say 25.
  • Sesame Street can probably be sold for $10-15. Let's say 12
87-30-20-25-12 = 0.

My math may seem odd so work on it how you like, but as I see it, I don't have to pay anything extra to get a combination of various deals that will happen to the items being sold. They will get cheaper, but even accounting the eventual sale prices for the holidays, I don't have to pay anything extra to get the same "deal" and I still get the game near release, rather than having to wait for a sale. Hope that helps you guys figure out what to get. I recommend looking at titles not eligible for the BB $20 Gamer promo.

[quote name='Stri26']Will pre-orders of borderlands 2 include the future class unlock?[/QUOTE]

Unless it says so on the item page I doubt it. I keep seeing 2k and gearbox call it a retailer specific bonus. So I think Amazon, BestBuy, Gamestop, maybe a few others. I would double check though.

Also saw this
ALL SALES ARE FINAL. In the case of a manufacturer defect, you must notify us within 30 days of purchase. In that case, the item will be replaced with the same product or, if that item is no longer available, a merchandise credit will be issued within 30 days.

In store as well?

Looking at the confirmation email, this is what it says:

Xbox LIVE 1600 pts Coupon - Coupon code will be sent to email address associated with purchase after game is shipped.

How to redeem your promo code: To get up to your free Xbox LIVE 1600 pts from Microsoft Store online, just return to the store, place the Xbox LIVE 1600 pts product in your cart, hit the “Checkout” button. You’ll see a place to enter your promo code, just enter the coupon code we will email to you after the game is shipped and hit “Apply.” Your discount will then be applied to your order. Valid for single use only. Does not apply to value of any taxes, shipping and handling. Only valid online at the US Microsoft Store website: www.microsoftstore.com. Cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or combined with any other offer or promotion. Expires 12/31/2012.

$10 coupon for your next Microsoft Store online purchase - Coupon code will be sent to email address associated with purchase after game is shipped.

How to redeem your promo code: To get up to $10 off your next purchase from Microsoft Store online, just return to the store, shop for the items you want to buy and put them in your cart. Once they’re in your cart, hit the “Checkout” button. You’ll see a place to enter your promo code, just enter the coupon code we will email to you after the game is shipped and hit “Apply.” Your $10 discount will then be applied to your order. Valid for single use only. If value of purchase is less than the value of the promo code, unused balance will be forfeited. Does not apply to value of any taxes, shipping and handling. Only valid online at the US Microsoft Store website: www.microsoftstore.com. Cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or combined with any other offer or promotion. Expires 12/31/2012.

tl;dr

You get a code that will discount 1600 points at the MS online store after the game is shipped. You get a code for $10 off your next MS online purchase after the game is shipped. Both codes expire 12/31/12.

For Borderlands 2, not entirely sold on it since you don't get Premiere Club, which includes the new class that's going to be 800MSP when it's eventually released, so that brings it down to a $20 savings. Then the Premiere Club also has a few other in-game bonus items (golden guns to start out with and a special item that's supposed to help you find good loot), which I'll value for at least $5-$10. Then that leaves the extra $10, which you can easily get at Amazon (with zero tax). $20 for those with Best Buy unlocked already.

I would love to get RE6, but I actually want the Archives version too, so wouldn't be entirely worth it for me, since I don't currently own RE5 (anymore) and the two download titles (RE4 & CV). So Archives would still be best for me, especially after it's dropped some after release, if it's still available.

[quote name='kulaguy']Looking at the confirmation email, this is what it says:

tl;dr

You get a code that will discount 1600 points at the MS online store after the game is shipped. You get a code for $10 off your next MS online purchase after the game is shipped. Both codes expire 12/31/12.[/QUOTE]

Anyone try this in store? I have one pretty close to me. Seems like there shouldn't be any issues returning the game if all they give you is a coupon code. The fin print didn't say anything like Amazon's we'll only give you back $50 if you got a $10 gift card preorder bonus.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Anyone try this in store? I have one pretty close to me. Seems like there shouldn't be any issues returning the game if all they give you is a coupon code. The fin print didn't say anything like Amazon's we'll only give you back $50 if you got a $10 gift card preorder bonus.[/QUOTE]

Xbox 360 games and Boxed Non-Microsoft Software
•ALL SALES ARE FINAL. In the case of a manufacturer defect, you must notify us within thirty (30) days from the date of purchase. In this case, the product will be exchanged for the same product or, if that product is no longer available, we will issue a refund.

So, no, you can't attempt to commit return fraud and keep the points and coupon from the Microsoft Store.

Sucks that the only good game on the list is resident evil 6 but im getting that on ps3 for the archives edition.

Question regarding the use of these codes: In the OP it says codes cannot be used for pre-orders, but does that only apply to listed titles? I have Halo 4 preordered at the MS Store already but if possible I'd consider preordering Borderlands 2 here, and then reordering Halo 4 with the $10 off code. Could this work?

According to the e-mail, you get a $10 MS coupon the day it is released. Afterwards, it can be used for anything on the MS Store.

I managed to pre-order Halo 4 from Newegg for $40. That still on?

[quote name='GamerDude316']Question regarding the use of these codes: In the OP it says codes cannot be used for pre-orders, but does that only apply to listed titles? I have Halo 4 preordered at the MS Store already but if possible I'd consider preordering Borderlands 2 here, and then reordering Halo 4 with the $10 off code. Could this work?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='liljrSanchez']According to the e-mail, you get a $10 MS coupon the day it is released. Afterwards, it can be used for anything on the MS Store.

I managed to pre-order Halo 4 from Newegg for $40. That still on?[/QUOTE]

I put a preorder in for one of the $10 off Newegg deals recently, but the MS store one interests me more because of its $25 off next purchase coupon. Essentially $25 off a 4000 MSP card.

So if this works out I could be looking at Borderlands 2 + 1600 MSP (read, Dawnguard), and $10 off Halo 4 for $60. That's a great deal

Hmm, might do this for Borderlands 2 and then use the code for Halo 4 and then hopefully they have something else I want for the code that comes with that game.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Question regarding the use of these codes: In the OP it says codes cannot be used for pre-orders, but does that only apply to listed titles? I have Halo 4 preordered at the MS Store already but if possible I'd consider preordering Borderlands 2 here, and then reordering Halo 4 with the $10 off code. Could this work?[/QUOTE]

Shoot, didn't notice that - this is also what I'd like to do with this credit - shame you can't use it on pre-orders.

I'd be all over this.. but I still haven't opened my Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition... that I bought in November... of 2010. :oops:

[quote name='aus_nacht']Don't get the coupons until they ship and the deal ends today. You can forget stacking the coupons on this deal but maybe another will come later.[/QUOTE]

the deal started today. Doesn't end today.

[quote name='john718']That's YOU assuming the game will drop at any store by $20.00 on Black Friday, BUT that's if it drops that much...while Microsoft IT'S A NOW type of deal, BY $30.00. oh by the way who spends now days so much money at bestbuy to reach SILVER PREMIER status having sites like AMAZON and NEWEGG around....certainly not me, I like to save my money.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure that the price matching doesn't work on black friday deals anyway. It would definitely be YMMV, because it says so in most store's policies.

To Quote BB:

The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices, offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, Deal of the Day items, BestBuy.com Midnight Sale and special hour sale events, BestBuy.com Outlet Center and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving.

[quote name='StryderOmega']I am pretty sure that the price matching doesn't work on black friday deals anyway. It would definitely be YMMV, because it says so in most store's policies.

To Quote BB:

The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices, offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, Deal of the Day items, BestBuy.com Midnight Sale and special hour sale events, BestBuy.com Outlet Center and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. [/QUOTE]

He also misunderstood what I posted. Not once did I say if the price drops ON BF. I said that in within 1-2 months after RE6 comes out it will be NEAR BF/Christmas which is when the sales kick into high gear.

I know PM on BF is near impossible, unless you get someone who is really nice and wants to bend/break the rules to help someone.

5% cashback through Upromise (they also give 5% for bestbuy.com)

In for Sesame Street, because they're not making anything on it.

Question for anyone who has done a preorder for Resident Evil 6 (or any game)- what does your invoice say for product release date? My RE6 order says "Product release date:Tue Nov 20 00:00:00 CST 2012". I seriously hope they're not making you wait for this until then, or its a lousy deal after all.

Resident Evil 6 release date: 11/20/2012. That's the old release date. Can anyone confirm that it's the new October 2 release date that they're shipping the game?

[quote name='ripoffer']Resident Evil 6 release date: 11/20/2012. That's the old release date. Can anyone confirm that it's the new October 2 release date that they're shipping the game?[/QUOTE]

I cannot confirm it - but I would imagine somebody will tell Bob, who works in Microsoft shipping/receiving, of the new release date. Fear not, your copy will arrive next month.... unless they forget to tell Bob.

[quote name='ripoffer']Resident Evil 6 release date: 11/20/2012. That's the old release date. Can anyone confirm that it's the new October 2 release date that they're shipping the game?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they aren't going to sit on copies of the game until 11/20. Game has already been printed and is probably in a warehouse somewhere just waiting to be sent to stores.

MORE troubling however is Microsoft charging me for Resident Evil 6. Has anyone been charged already? I'm a little confused when it CLEARLY says that they will not charge you until your preorder ships and it's definitely not October 2nd.

Quick question: If I already have a pre-order for Halo 4 with them will I apply the coupon when it's shipped/charged? or will i need to cancel my pre-order and make a new one?

[quote name='litepink']Dumb question - do they charge my credit card the full amount now or when the game releases?[/QUOTE]

*A credit card is required for pre-order, but your card will not be charged until your order is shipped (or the product is made available for download).

[quote name='Woocls']Quick question: If I already have a pre-order for Halo 4 with them will I apply the coupon when it's shipped/charged? or will i need to cancel my pre-order and make a new one?[/QUOTE]

As far as I can tell, Halo 4 isn't part of this promo. Instead you just get $25 in credit a few days after the game is shipped.

[quote name='DeathDream']As far as I can tell, Halo 4 isn't part of this promo. Instead you just get $25 in credit a few days after the game is shipped.[/QUOTE]
What I'm asking is the credit from this deal automatically applied? or do I need to redo my pre-order (for the $25 deal) so it costs me $10 less and I actually get to apply the credit to something?

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']*A credit card is required for pre-order, but your card will not be charged until your order is shipped (or the product is made available for download).[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just posted that that's not true. I was charged the full amount for my RE6 preorder. If the pending charge doesn't disappear by Friday I'm yelling at Microsoft.

Grrrr. Anyone having issues with the MS store? I keep getting "Due to high traffic volumes, we are experiencing longer wait times. To speak to a sales associate please call 1-877-696-7786."

[quote name='Woocls']What I'm asking is the credit from this deal automatically applied? or do I need to redo my pre-order (for the $25 deal) so it costs me $10 less and I actually get to apply the credit to something?[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same thing.

[quote name='GamerDude316']I'm wondering the same thing.[/QUOTE]
I went ahead and got this deal. Turns out I have to re-do my order because they email you a promo code after the game ships. Then you have to input that code at the checkout step. So, after my code comes in I have to re-do my Halo 4 pre-order which will probably screw every thing up...

[quote name='FurryCurry']Yeah I just posted that that's not true. I was charged the full amount for my RE6 preorder. If the pending charge doesn't disappear by Friday I'm yelling at Microsoft.[/QUOTE]
Were you charged or did they just put a hold on your card for the purchase amount?

bread's done
Back