Medal of Honor Warfighter
NBA 2K13 [OOS]
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Nike+ Kinect Training ($49.99)
Resident Evil 6

Each of the games listed are available with the offer. They include:

•$10 gift card for future orders at MicrosoftStore.com
•1600 Microsoft Points

*Offer valid from September 4, 2012 through close of business on November 19, 2012. Other conditions with respect to preorder may apply. Gift card (in-store purchases) or Promo Code (online purchases) and 1600 Xbox Live points will be issued upon redemption of preordered product and eligibility will be verified with receipt upon redemption. No photocopies or facsimiles of receipt will be accepted. Neither Gift Card nor Promo Code may be used toward the purchase of preordered product and neither may be transferred or redeemed for cash. Other conditions on use of gift card may apply. Limit one per customer.

*A credit card is required for pre-order, but your card will not be charged until your order is shipped (or the product is made available for download).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kelo360']Still not sure this is a great deal. Shipping takes 3-7 days. I wonder if that's business days. Still too long to wait for an extra ten dollar bonus compared to best buy or new egg deals in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I think Black Ops 2 and Borderlands 2 I'll buy at Best Buy, but other games I'll get through this deal.

Those 2 games, I'm going to be annoyed if I'm not playing them day one when everyone on my friends list is. Games like Assassins Creed 3, I can wait a week to play it.

I just tried to buy a bunch of games, but my shopping cart kept hanging. Not sure if it can't handle all the stuff in the cart or if too many CAGs are on there right now shopping.

[quote name='gepet0']What about the special edition versions are they offering them with the deals like the halo 4 or assassins creed?[/QUOTE]

No, Halo 4 is only for the regular to get the $25. Same with Assassin's Creed III.

Any idea how long the preorder bonuses will last? I ordered Borderlands 2 through the MS store, but haven't really looked into preordering through Best Buy. I'd be nice if I could use my Borderlands $10 off and roll that into another preorder.

I would love to see Hitman on this list. I am sure that game has a built in base but without some deal it gets pushed to 2013 without a sale for me. Too many good games with $20-30 back to pay $60 outright.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']AS IF RE6 is gonna drop to $40 in 60 days. This ain't Raccoon City. Best Buy also has one of the most complicated and user unfriendly pre-order and promotion systems on Earth. Most of which require you to show up in store and deal with idiot customer service. NO THANKS.[/QUOTE]

This is what happened to me. No joke.

Me: I would like to sign up for the Best Buy Reward Zone Program the Unlocked version for $15 a year with the @Gamer Magazine and Coupons.

Her: Ok I will get you on this register here. (Supervisor stands beside her.)
Can I have your information please?

Me: I give her the info. She gets everything wrong. Not once but twice.

Her: Ok I think I have it now please confirm by pressing accept on the screen.

Me: You spelled everything wrong and thats not even my address. She entered everything wrong and used a different address.

Her Supervisor: What's wrong with you? He has stood here and spelled everything out for you and you still get it wrong! Why?

Her: I partied to hard last night.

Her supervisor: You are 19.

Her. So what? I don't care. (Got a little bit cocky here. Starting playing with her hair and pulled her cell phone out to text.)

Her supervisor: Do you want wrote up on your first week on the job. This gentleman has stood here for a good 10 minutes. Finish the transaction or I am writing you up.

Her: Oh I think the computer stopped working. (She unplugged something. Supervisor looks at her and she plugs it back in.) Oh look it came back on. (She logs out.) She says I can't help you the computer logged me out.

Her supervisor: Log back in. This is your last warning.

Her: Logs back in and finishes the transaction. Forgets to give me my card. (This was the last straw for the supervisor.) He pulls her aside has a little chat with her (she is about to cry) and he hands me the card. (I think she either got warned, wrote up, or fired because after that they put a now hiring sign up.)

AND if you think thats bad becuase I wanted to switch from Digital to an actual Magazine (I like to read the magazines. (Is there a problem with that? Best Buy says YES!) I get my account suspended for 2 months. So I miss out on 2 months of coupons and magazines. I call them they fix my account and extend my subscription 2 months. I asked them if they would honor the coupons since they screwed up and this black woman on the phone told me this.

Woman: Well sir the coupons are expired we cant and we wont honor the coupons because they are expired.

Me: I never got my magazines so how could I use the coupons. Do I at least get anything to compensate for mty lose because I was going to use those coupons to get a few games.

Woman: Well we could load the coupon value on your RZ Card and you go buy the games but you would probably screw us and buy a laptop and get a free console. We cant and we wont do this for you even though we are at fault.

Me: Can I speak to your supervisor I have been on the phone for an hour I have been disconnected, hung up, called a liar and a thief.

Woman: No he left for the day. (I called 5 times in 1 day.)

Me: Is there a manager or something I can talk to? Somebody with more seniority.

Woman: No I'm the oldest one here. (She sounded 30.)

Me: Thats not what I meant. Is there a manager, a supervisor, a senior customer representtive I can speak with.

Woman: I told you no.

Me: Ok, Do you have any magazines I missed out on just so I can read them because I would like to read them.

Woman: No because you'll just go to your local Best Buy and try to get a managers overide.

(Best Buy is 50 miles away.)

Me: Best Buy is 50 miles away. Why would I go there if I cant use the coupons I just want to read the magazine.

Woman: Why would you want to read the magazine when its obvious you cant read anyway because you called wanting use to fix something expired. Its your fault you didnt use them im not sending them out.

Me; Its your companys fault I didnt get my magazines or my coupons. I just want to read the magazines.

Woman: No I dont care im not sending you anything its 5PM I am hanging up and going home. Have a nice day. CLICK!

The next day I call back and tell a man what happened. He said dont worry I'm her manager and I listened to your conversation you had with her and I can assure you she no longer works here.

I guess she forget that all calls are monitored and recorded for quality assurance. Lol. Sory for the long post.

Each retailer gets a certain amount of copies to sell and they have to keep X amount for online sales and Y amount for retail stores -- they can request more copies from the distributor but they have to wait for a confirmation that they'll get more stock in

Another thing is that most websites are designed to cut off sales after they sell an X amount of each item -- its mostly designed to prevent loss from price mistakes or coupon abuse

The BL2 preorder has been going in and out of stock for a few days now so just keep checking the website

COD Black Ops 2 does not have the deal.

Too bad BL2 was OOS, I would have done it. Currently Amazon has only given me a few bucks off since I preordered in 2005.

I did Medal of Honor, Nike+ Kinect, and Dance Central 3. Almost did Fable Journey! SORRY HATERS

It is true, I'm not totally sure where the $30 in coupons will go, perhaps if Fable Journey gets over '70' metacritic, I can buy that. And then hell froze over.

[quote name='JaTaN']Each retailer gets a certain amount of copies to sell and they have to keep X amount for online sales and Y amount for retail stores -- they can request more copies from the distributor but they have to wait for a confirmation that they'll get more stock in

Another thing is that most websites are designed to cut off sales after they sell an X amount of each item -- its mostly designed to prevent loss from price mistakes or coupon abuse

The BL2 preorder has been going in and out of stock for a few days now so just keep checking the website[/QUOTE]

Thank you for that, it was very insightful. I'll keep checking the Microsoft Store's website to see if Borderlands 2 comes back.

[quote name='ychanus']I just preorder some games and they charged my credit card right away. :([/QUOTE]
Its just a temp preauthorization hold -- it'll drop off after few days

I just ordered a ton of games through NewEgg's sale, but Microsoft including the 1600 points cards + 10 bucks seems like a really good deal...especially since all of the games they are giving them with WILL have DLC, like most of the games coming out from this point on.

I love how gaming is dead like a drought through most of the summer and when fall/winter comes around, they release everything right around the same time + you have Black Friday deals, so gamers are really taking a gamble this year pre-ordering anything (that they don't want immediately). Good thing deals like this make it all seem worthwhile...

The only catch for these are no pre-order DLC included with order (aside from Halo 4) unless specifically listed on product page.

NBA 2k13 Out of stock :(
Does it come with the Pre-Order Bonus if you order it on Microsoft (All-Star bonus content)

Weird, it won't process my order and keeps complaining that there is something wrong with my credit card (MasterCard with that damn secure code thing). Do you have to have enough funds available to place the preorder even though you're not supposed to be charged until the game ships?

[quote name='pjarvi']Weird, it won't process my order and keeps complaining that there is something wrong with my credit card (MasterCard with that damn secure code thing). Do you have to have enough funds available to place the preorder even though you're not supposed to be charged until the game ships?[/QUOTE]

There is talk of a temp preauthorization hold or temporary charge...so if you don't have enough funds in there, it's possible.

I would do the live chat/e-mail support option and speak to someone. They are pretty knowledgeable in that regard. You could even call in the order and speak to someone directly which may be a better option.

[quote name='d726']NBA 2k13 Out of stock :(
Does it come with the Pre-Order Bonus if you order it on Microsoft (All-Star bonus content)[/QUOTE]

Unless they list it on their site, I would say no.

So if I want to get RE 6 and AC 3, is it best to pre-order RE 6 now and then wait till that comes out and I get my $10 coupon and use that towards pre-ordering AC3 ?

[quote name='Curufinwe']So if I want to get RE 6 and AC 3, is it best to pre-order RE 6 now and then wait till that comes out and I get my $10 coupon and use that towards pre-ordering AC3 ?[/QUOTE]

Thats the problem I was having...They say that you could get the code when the game arrives, or up to a number of days after if you order it online. On the off chance that your code doesn't come in time, you wouldn't be able to apply it to AC3 after the fact. It threw me off entirely which made me go for the NewEgg deals that came up recently.

But my example was more for AC3 and Halo 4 which come out days apart from each other....I believe RE6 comes out plenty of time before AC3.

I also noticed that Black Ops 2 had a 1600 points + 10 credit off that is no longer available. They appear to be selling these deals out real fast...hopefully its temporary as Black Ops 2 being sold out isn't a surprise.

10 $ + 1600 Xbox Live points will be issued upon redemption of preordered product and eligibility will be verified with receipt upon redemption. No photocopies or facsimiles of receipt will be accepted

am i the only one reading this as you have to wait to get your receipt from your shipment and then send them back your receipt to be verified ala some kinda mail in rebate type offer.

if so then its really not a good deal for anyone wanting to flip

[quote name='pjarvi']Weird, it won't process my order and keeps complaining that there is something wrong with my credit card (MasterCard with that damn secure code thing). Do you have to have enough funds available to place the preorder even though you're not supposed to be charged until the game ships?[/QUOTE]
Yes, you'll need the funds to be available. They'll do a temp preauthorization for the full amount which will drop off after a few business days -- once the game ships, they'll process the charge fully

I preordered last Wed and the temp charge was gone when I checked my CC on Monday
[quote name='KrayzieKMF']damn discover is back to 5% cb instead of 10%[/QUOTE]
Yea that sucks -- it was part of their back to school bonus cash, but I was hoping it would stay til the end of Sept

[quote name='teknobeavr']10 $ + 1600 Xbox Live points will be issued upon redemption of preordered product and eligibility will be verified with receipt upon redemption. No photocopies or facsimiles of receipt will be accepted

am i the only one reading this as you have to wait to get your receipt from your shipment and then send them back your receipt to be verified ala some kinda mail in rebate type offer.

if so then its really not a good deal for anyone wanting to flip[/QUOTE]
Here's what my BL2 confirmation email shows:

Xbox LIVE 1600 pts Coupon - Coupon code will be sent to email address associated with purchase after game is shipped.

How to redeem your promo code:
To get up to your free Xbox LIVE 1600 pts from Microsoft Store online, just return to the store, place the Xbox LIVE 1600 pts product in your cart, hit the “Checkout” button. You’ll see a place to enter your promo code, just enter the coupon code we will email to you after the game is shipped and hit “Apply.” Your discount will then be applied to your order. Valid for single use only. Does not apply to value of any taxes, shipping and handling. Only valid online at the US Microsoft Store website: www.microsoftstore.com. Cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or combined with any other offer or promotion. Expires 12/31/2012.

$10 coupon for your next Microsoft Store online purchase - Coupon code will be sent to email address associated with purchase after game is shipped.

How to redeem your promo code:
To get up to $10 off your next purchase from Microsoft Store online, just return to the store, shop for the items you want to buy and put them in your cart. Once they’re in your cart, hit the “Checkout” button. You’ll see a place to enter your promo code, just enter the coupon code we will email to you after the game is shipped and hit “Apply.” Your $10 discount will then be applied to your order. Valid for single use only. If value of purchase is less than the value of the promo code, unused balance will be forfeited. Does not apply to value of any taxes, shipping and handling. Only valid online at the US Microsoft Store website: www.microsoftstore.com. Cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or combined with any other offer or promotion. Expires 12/31/2012.

Anyone know if we'll be able to use multiple online credits on a single future order? I alrdy preordered BL2 but I'm thinking of also grabbing Sesame St if I can use both $10 credits on a single game. Both BL2 and Sesame St release on the 18th so I wont be able to wait for the BL2 credit to use on Sesame St

OP states that you can not use the $10 GC towards any preorders

[quote name='liljrSanchez']

*Offer valid from September 4, 2012 through close of business on November 19, 2012. Other conditions with respect to preorder may apply. Gift card (in-store purchases) or Promo Code (online purchases) and 1600 Xbox Live points will be issued upon redemption of preordered product and eligibility will be verified with receipt upon redemption. No photocopies or facsimiles of receipt will be accepted. Neither Gift Card nor Promo Code may be used toward the purchase of preordered product and neither may be transferred or redeemed for cash. Other conditions on use of gift card may apply. Limit one per customer.

[/QUOTE]

Would have been nice to get an extra $10 off a game

It says you can't use the $10 code towards preordered product. I read that as you can't get the code, apply it to the game you got it for, and get $10 off

[quote name='ZerotypeX']OP states that you can not use the $10 GC towards any preorders

Would have been nice to get an extra $10 off a game[/QUOTE]

I read that as meaning you can't apply it to the same game you got the coupon for and get $10 off, it doesn't say you can't use it towards ANOTHER preorder

Wow, I already placed some preorders but boy... get a few of them games ordered and that's a lot points.

A couple of things you guys should know about this deal:

1) The $10/$25 "Coupon" is NOT a gift card. In other words, it gives you a maximum $10 discount (or $25 for Halo 4) on your next order. You can not combine these to get, say, a free game, or any other thing of that nature. I had actually planned to use these towards a Surface when it comes out, but I confirmed with two reps and a supervisor at the call center that this would not work. OP may want to change the wording. (Edit: The thread title reads "Coupon" -- but the post on the front page says gift card!) Also, the coupons EXPIRE on 12/31/12 -- to get the most from your money you will need to order a game, let it ship, get your coupon, then order another with the coupon. Dont order a bunch of games now unless you have alot of shopping to do with MS prior to New Years.

2) THEY PLACE AN IMMEDIATE FUNDS HOLD ON YOUR CARD. If you are using an actual credit card, this isnt a big deal, but I was a dummy and preordered like 5 games on my debit card, planning to have the money available as each game release came up. The charge hit me immediately. Of course the actual finalization doesnt come up until the shipping, but that does nothing to comfort the $250 hole in my account.

3) The only way to cancel an order is to call and deal with some ridiculous non-English speaking call center. This isnt a big deal for some people, but I had planned to evaluate each game as the release came up and just cancel if I decided I didnt want it or if I had found a better deal elsewhere. As is this process is a pain in the ass!

I mean it still is a good deal and I'm gonna use it for Borderlands (placed my order a week ago) -- but buyer beware here. The $10 credit is not as useful as it should be. You cant even combine two of them to get a free points card.

I had placed several orders in anticipation of maybe some of them selling out. Now I'm just gonna try and chain them individually since I cant stack the $10 coupon. Once Borderlands ships I'll order RE6 with the coupon, and maybe move to Halo 4 from there. And so on. Prodividing they dont sell out.

Just a heads up.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='jyerby']A couple of things you guys should know about this deal:

1) The $10/$25 "Coupon" is NOT a gift card. In other words, it gives you a maximum $10 discount (or $25 for Halo 4) on your next order. You can not combine these to get, say, a free game, or any other thing of that nature. I had actually planned to use these towards a Surface when it comes out, but I confirmed with two reps and a supervisor at the call center that this would not work. OP may want to change the wording. (Edit: The thread title reads "Coupon" -- but the post on the front page says gift card!) Also, the coupons EXPIRE on 12/31/12 -- to get the most from your money you will need to order a game, let it ship, get your coupon, then order another with the coupon. Dont order a bunch of games now unless you have alot of shopping to do with MS prior to New Years.

2) THEY PLACE AN IMMEDIATE FUNDS HOLD ON YOUR CARD. If you are using an actual credit card, this isnt a big deal, but I was a dummy and preordered like 5 games on my debit card, planning to have the money available as each game release came up. The charge hit me immediately. Of course the actual finalization doesnt come up until the shipping, but that does nothing to comfort the $250 hole in my account.

3) The only way to cancel an order is to call and deal with some ridiculous non-English speaking call center. This isnt a big deal for some people, but I had planned to evaluate each game as the release came up and just cancel if I decided I didnt want it or if I had found a better deal elsewhere. As is this process is a pain in the ass!

I mean it still is a good deal and I'm gonna use it for Borderlands (placed my order a week ago) -- but buyer beware here. The $10 credit is not as useful as it should be. You cant even combine two of them to get a free points card.

I had placed several orders in anticipation of maybe some of them selling out. Now I'm just gonna try and chain them individually since I cant stack the $10 coupon. Once Borderlands ships I'll order RE6 with the coupon, and maybe move to Halo 4 from there. And so on. Prodividing they dont sell out.

Just a heads up.

Thanks OP![/QUOTE]
I cancelled my order this afternoon and now i'm glad I did. I was hoping to combine both $10 credit towards 1 purchase. Now that I know that wasn't allowed it makes me feel better. :bouncy:

[quote name='Rodster']I cancelled my order this afternoon and now i'm glad I did. I was hoping to combine both $10 credit towards 1 purchase. Now that I know that wasn't allowed it makes me feel better. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
Yeah it makes me feel just a little bit better for cancelling the order. I had called to cancel because I was a little ticked about the charge, but while I had the supervisor on the phone I asked him about the coupons so a little releived I guess. Worse comes to worse if I miss some of these deals I can always order on Newegg. :lol:

Looks like the deal no longer works for Black Ops 2?

I was hoping to get Halo 4 and then use the $25 code towards pre-ordering another game, but it looks like you don't get the code until the preorder ships... at that time it won't be as useful to me, meh

sadly the deal breaker is the shipping usually stick to amazon esp after capcom store mvc3 deal like a year ago that sucked

[quote name='paperchu']Does this deal apply for the physical Microsoft Store locations as well ?[/QUOTE]
The $10 + 1600pts promo is not in stores -- you can call your local store and double check

People have posted that Halo 4 does have a $25 GC in store

[quote name='shadowkast']You can pick up sleeping dogs and darksiders 2 for $30 each with TRU's deal, those games came out 3 weeks ago. I will bet any amount of money that this game will be $40 within two months of it's release. Look at the current price drops of new releases and the release window for this game (fall, biggest season for new releases).

I'm not knocking the deal, it's damn good. Just knocking your one comment. Your logic doesn't fit with a seasoned cag[/QUOTE]To his credit, Resident Evil is a pretty enormous title. Its the Resident Evil series, hell, Resident Evil 5 didn't drop in price until near a year after release -- he could be correct.

Now, about this deal. Is it for sure applicable to Black Ops 2? On the website, Blops is the only game that doesn't have the red text underneath detailing the bonuses for preordering.

This is incredibly stupid of them. Why wouldn't they just ship it a few days early so we can play it on release day? I don't want to wait a week after it comes out to play it. You'd think that microsoft of all companys would have their shit together with this. even amazon offers free same day as release shipping.

[quote name='Stri26']Any idea if the Borderlands 2 will go back in stock before Tuesday?[/QUOTE]

FYI to everyone, I was checking Borderlands 2, and it's back in stock now.

I just ordered it ten minutes ago, but haven't recieved an email confirmation yet.

bread's done
Back