Medal of Honor Warfighter
NBA 2K13 [OOS]
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Nike+ Kinect Training ($49.99)
Resident Evil 6

Each of the games listed are available with the offer. They include:

•$10 gift card for future orders at MicrosoftStore.com
•1600 Microsoft Points

*Offer valid from September 4, 2012 through close of business on November 19, 2012. Other conditions with respect to preorder may apply. Gift card (in-store purchases) or Promo Code (online purchases) and 1600 Xbox Live points will be issued upon redemption of preordered product and eligibility will be verified with receipt upon redemption. No photocopies or facsimiles of receipt will be accepted. Neither Gift Card nor Promo Code may be used toward the purchase of preordered product and neither may be transferred or redeemed for cash. Other conditions on use of gift card may apply. Limit one per customer.

*A credit card is required for pre-order, but your card will not be charged until your order is shipped (or the product is made available for download).

Last edited by a moderator:
And we're certain that MS pre-orders don't include the premiere club stuff right? I'm on the verge of cancelling my amazon pre order, but can't decide.

I ordered Borlands as well. No mention of DLC though, I really doubt its included as Gamestop was printing it on the receipt. MS would need to email it and there was no mention of that.

[quote name='WindyCityGamer']FYI to everyone, I was checking Borderlands 2, and it's back in stock now.

I just ordered it ten minutes ago, but haven't recieved an email confirmation yet.[/QUOTE]

Confirmation took awhile for me. I did receive it though.

Thank you for ordering from Microsoft on 09/05/2012. The following product(s) have shipped. If you paid by credit card, your credit card has now been charged.

We sent this order to you via UPS using the tracking number(s) below.

Shipping Information
Product Name Borderlands 2 for Xbox 360
Tracking Number ____

Not sure where they shipped it from -- waiting on UPS to update the tracking info

[quote name='JaTaN']Thank you for ordering from Microsoft on 09/05/2012. The following product(s) have shipped. If you paid by credit card, your credit card has now been charged.

We sent this order to you via UPS using the tracking number(s) below.

Shipping Information
Product Name Borderlands 2 for Xbox 360
Tracking Number ____

Not sure where they shipped it from -- waiting on UPS to update the tracking info[/QUOTE]

I got the same email. Here's hoping for a smooth transaction.

[quote name='JaTaN']Looks like they shipped it by UPS Next Day Air Saver so I should get it tomorrow[/QUOTE]

Did they upgrade you to that for free? Anyone else get the same upgrade? I might have to cancel other orders from Amazon if I'm getting it same day + free MS points.

[quote name='SplinteredGore']Did they upgrade you to that for free? Anyone else get the same upgrade? I might have to cancel other orders from Amazon if I'm getting it same day + free MS points.[/QUOTE]

It certainly looks like it. I got the same UPS Next Day Air Saver®.

[quote name='GBAstar']When will we get the codes for the $10 coupon and 1600 MSP?

Also if anyone is wondering borderlands 2 is back in stock[/QUOTE]
Not sure yet -- will post as soon as I get them
[quote name='SplinteredGore']Did they upgrade you to that for free? Anyone else get the same upgrade? I might have to cancel other orders from Amazon if I'm getting it same day + free MS points.[/QUOTE]
Yes, I picked free shipping and was expecting to get it a few days later (according to their website, they ship preorders on release day), but it looks like they upgraded the shipping and shipped them out today

Everyone who preordered should have the free shipping upgrade

Edit: Game shipped from Ontario, California

[quote name='SteveDaWonder']If I preorder five games will the coupon from the first game go onto the second game and so on and so forth?[/QUOTE]

That's what I want to know. I also want to know if I Preorder two of the same game (in seperate orders) If I'll still get the bonuses.

I tested it with sesasme street for $29.99 as I figured I can dump that off or trade it in somewhere and not lose any overall value as I'm getting $29.99 in freebies

The Microsoft Store totally screwed up my Borderlands 2 preorder. I cancelled it at like 3 this afternoon, then a couple hours ago I received 3 emails on a row, telling me my order was canceled, shipped, and telling me how to get a refund. 10 minutes ago, I checked the shipping status. I'm apparently getting it tomorrow. My debit card was supposed to be charged when it shipped, according to the email. Hasn't been charged yet. Haven't gotten my 1600 MS points code yet from the promo either. WTF

I don't really get mad at stores often, but I'm a little pissed about this. I was told it was completely cancelled by CS only to get an email saying it had been shipped later.

edit: ah okay, no one else has gotten codes yet either. weird.

[quote name='monsterfracas']The Microsoft Store totally screwed up my Borderlands 2 preorder. I cancelled it at like 3 this afternoon, then a couple hours ago I received 3 emails on a row, telling me my order was canceled, shipped, and telling me how to get a refund. 10 minutes ago, I checked the shipping status. I'm apparently getting it tomorrow. My debit card was supposed to be charged when it shipped, according to the email. Hasn't been charged yet. Haven't gotten my 1600 MS points code yet from the promo either. WTF

I don't really get mad at stores often, but I'm a little pissed about this. I was told it was completely cancelled by CS only to get an email saying it had been shipped later.

edit: ah okay, no one else has gotten codes yet either. weird.[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding? You cancelled at 3:00 on the day before the game comes out and you're shocked that maybe it already shipped or was too far along to cancel in time? If you cancelled and don't want the game, what does it matter if the points show up or not?

[quote name='bojay1997']Are you kidding? You cancelled at 3:00 on the day before the game comes out and you're shocked that maybe it already shipped or was too far along to cancel in time? If you cancelled and don't want the game, what does it matter if the points show up or not?[/QUOTE]

I was upset because I was told multiple times that it was cancelled. If the rep had said "my apologies, but we can't cancel your order, it's already on the way" or something to that effect, it wouldn't be a big deal at all.

The game wasn't even shipped until a few hours ago, so it hadn't actually been shipped when I was told it had been cancelled.

Absolutely ridiculous question of the day: Just received my copy of Borderlands 2 from the MS store....without opening it, is there a way to determine if it's the premiere edition?

[quote name='grundy']Absolutely ridiculous question of the day: Just received my copy of Borderlands 2 from the MS store....without opening it, is there a way to determine if it's the premiere edition?[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, the retailers that offered it printed the code on the receipt or emailed it to you, depending on where you bought it.

edit: Found the exact quote from a Gearbox rep on NeoGAF: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42217762&postcount=2763

[quote name='GBAstar']When will we get the codes for the $10 coupon and 1600 MSP?

Also if anyone is wondering borderlands 2 is back in stock[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this as well. I just got my order from UPS, and it was just the game...no card...no coupon. You'd think MS would have preferred to give out physical items so there wouldn't be as much confusion, but I guess we'll see how this goes.

[quote name='monsterfracas']I was upset because I was told multiple times that it was cancelled. If the rep had said "my apologies, but we can't cancel your order, it's already on the way" or something to that effect, it wouldn't be a big deal at all.

The game wasn't even shipped until a few hours ago, so it hadn't actually been shipped when I was told it had been cancelled.[/QUOTE]

Just because a cancelation request is entered doesn't mean the warehouse will get it on time. For all you know that game was pulled and marked for shipping that morning and the email was sent when it was given to the post office.

Here's another ridiculous question: The case of my copy of Borderlands 2 has the title in raised (embossed?) gold letters and the "double-shooting" mutant is also raised. Are all copies like this?

I got my sesame street copy this morning at 11AM. Nothing in the package but the game and an invoice. No email with the 1600 points or $10 coupon. I ordered Borderlands 2 also but that hasn't arrived. I'm guessing maybe the next 3 days I'll get it. If i get an email, I'll post it.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I'd like to know this as well. I just got my order from UPS, and it was just the game...no card...no coupon. You'd think MS would have preferred to give out physical items so there wouldn't be as much confusion, but I guess we'll see how this goes.[/QUOTE]
If you look at the confirmation email that MS sent when you placed the order, it shows:

Xbox LIVE 1600 pts Coupon - Coupon code will be sent to email address associated with purchase after game is shipped.

$10 coupon for your next Microsoft Store online purchase - Coupon code will be sent to email address associated with purchase after game is shipped.

Not sure if it was on MS store's website or someone posted it here but it could take up to 10 days for them to send out the codes -- I don't think it'll take that long, maybe a few days at most

Going on the presumption (fact?) that everyone who pre-ordered Borderlands 2 from the Microsoft store will NOT be getting the premiere edition, will there be a way to get the stuff at a later date (I already know that the Mechromancer will be available later for x amount of MS points)?

[quote name='grundy']Going on the presumption (fact?) that everyone who pre-ordered Borderlands 2 from the Microsoft store will NOT be getting the premiere edition, will there be a way to get the stuff at a later date (I already know that the Mechromancer will be available later for x amount of MS points)?[/QUOTE]
I would assume it'll just show up as a dlc package probably including the mechromancer and all the other little things.

[quote name='grundy']Going on the presumption (fact?) that everyone who pre-ordered Borderlands 2 from the Microsoft store will NOT be getting the premiere edition, will there be a way to get the stuff at a later date (I already know that the Mechromancer will be available later for x amount of MS points)?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Woocls']I would assume it'll just show up as a dlc package probably including the mechromancer and all the other little things.[/QUOTE]

If that's the case, then I'm not that concerned. Granted it still sucks having to use MS points for it and not having it when many others have it, but I think I can still enjoy playing my copy and blowing up the ever-living hell out of crap while I wait for the DLC release

[quote name='JaTaN']If you look at the confirmation email that MS sent when you placed the order, it shows:

Xbox LIVE 1600 pts Coupon - Coupon code will be sent to email address associated with purchase after game is shipped.

$10 coupon for your next Microsoft Store online purchase - Coupon code will be sent to email address associated with purchase after game is shipped.

Not sure if it was on MS store's website or someone posted it here but it could take up to 10 days for them to send out the codes -- I don't think it'll take that long, maybe a few days at most[/QUOTE]

Ok, yeah. I must have missed that. Thanks! Hopefully they'll send it reasonably quick. Between the last couple weeks of XBLA sales and now this new Rock Band DLC sale, my points are drained, haha.

[quote name='grundy']Here's another ridiculous question: The case of my copy of Borderlands 2 has the title in raised (embossed?) gold letters and the "double-shooting" mutant is also raised. Are all copies like this?[/QUOTE]
Mine just came in and its the same as yours

Also, its confirmed that the premier edition content WILL NOT be included in the season pass. Scum move by gearbox imo. There will be a separate charge for the new Mechromancer class.

[quote name='Woocls']Hey, where are people off-loading their Sesame Street games? Who's taking them as trade-in?[/QUOTE]

I tried offloading it on Craigslist for $25. nobody has responded as of this morning. I've got to say though that it is pretty tempting to return (wink wink) it at Target without a receipt. Not saying I'm going to do it but still tempting. I think they take games back unopened without a receipt. not sure though. I think they require an ID or license.

[quote name='dyne']These two sites specifically say you get the Premiere Club AND 1600 points AND $10 voucher.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119437-Microsoft-Drops-a-Deal-on-Borderlands-2

http://www.gamezone.com/products/bo...0-xbox-live-points-for-borderlands-2-purchase

I contacted the MS Store and they said the 1600 points and $10 vouchers would take a couple days. They had no clue what I even meant about the DLC.[/QUOTE]

Those sites are wrong. No DLC from the MS store. I pre ordered thinking it was included as well and got beat.

[quote name='jhferry']Those sites are wrong. No DLC from the MS store. I pre ordered thinking it was included as well and got beat.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry about it too much. The starting weapons are exactly that, starting (you get better ones before you hit level 5). The relic is okay (5% increased chance of finding magic loot). I have yet to try out the golden key but Gearbox sends you one anyways if you sign up for their "Shift" service which is free. The only thing that might be worth it is the Mechromancer class, but with how frequent the first Borderlands DLC went on sale, with all those points Microsoft is sending you that should not be a problem down the road.

If you're still wanting the Premier Access Club, I may be able to get another code when I pick up my Best Buy pre-order later on during the week. Send me a PM if interested.

To anyone that jumped on the Halo 4 preorder, does it indicate that a promotion is headed your way on the receipt or anything? I got a preorder from there as a gift, but my gf said nothing was told to her about a gc, and there's nothing on the receipt. Probably just being paranoid, but if anyone has some info that could ease/validate my worried mind...

Here's 2K's customer support # 1-866-219-9839 You can call them up saying you never received your dlc code and see what happens. Worst thing that will happen is you'll waste about 30mins (They were jam packed yesterday) on hold and they'll tell you no.

[quote name='Woocls']Hey, where are people off-loading their Sesame Street games?[/QUOTE]
My cousin, he's got three kids age 6, 3, and 1. :lol:

[quote name='latin trident']I tried offloading it on Craigslist for $25. nobody has responded as of this morning. I've got to say though that it is pretty tempting to return (wink wink) it at Target without a receipt. Not saying I'm going to do it but still tempting. I think they take games back unopened without a receipt. not sure though. I think they require an ID or license.[/QUOTE]

(cough)walmart(cough)

I don't care about the Mecromancer. I played the first Borderlands twice and played as the same class both times. If I really want to play BL2 a second time as a different class, I have 3 other classes to choose from. I'd probably play as the Gunzerker.

Just got an email from the MS Store with my preorder offer codes for Borderlands 2. Both are promo codes you have to enter at the MS Store. I hope for the 1600 MS points, they just give me a 5-by-5 code and that they aren't going to mail me a card.

Same here, just got the email with the promo codes for the MS Store. When checking out with the free 1600 points, you have the option of choosing "download" instead of the physical card. Waiting to get the email with the code inside it as we speak.

Cool, I'll get the code emailed to me.

I've got like 6 other games on preorder with the deal. I'll probably wait until I get the $10 coupon for all and pick up a $60 game.

[quote name='Thunderbolt7']Same here, just got the email with the promo codes for the MS Store. When checking out with the free 1600 points, you have the option of choosing "download" instead of the physical card. Waiting to get the email with the code inside it as we speak.[/QUOTE]

The code shows up immediately on the confirmation page.

I pre-ordered Borderlands 2 to get in on this deal. The game arrived yesterday and I checked my Wells Fargo account as I often do to check over things. In the pending transactions area, there was a withdrawal for $65.?? and then a check card reversal for the same amount, as if the money was debited back into my account.

I checked again today to see if it was still pending and the purchase altogether has vanished from my account. Not really sure if I got charged for the game or not. A buddy of mine had a pending transaction and debit like me, but I'm not sure if the purchase disappeared from his account as I haven't gotten ahold of him today.

Did anything similar happen to anyone else?

[quote name='GamerChris']The code shows up immediately on the confirmation page.[/QUOTE]

Didn't show up on the confirmation page for me. I hope they email it out. :whistle2:s

[quote name='greatdevastator']I pre-ordered Borderlands 2 to get in on this deal. The game arrived yesterday and I checked my Wells Fargo account as I often do to check over things. In the pending transactions area, there was a withdrawal for $65.?? and then a check card reversal for the same amount, as if the money was debited back into my account.

I checked again today to see if it was still pending and the purchase altogether has vanished from my account. Not really sure if I got charged for the game or not. A buddy of mine had a pending transaction and debit like me, but I'm not sure if the purchase disappeared from his account as I haven't gotten ahold of him today.

Did anything similar happen to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

I show two pending charges and one pending refund on my account. Very odd.

bread's done
Back