Medal of Honor Warfighter
NBA 2K13 [OOS]
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Nike+ Kinect Training ($49.99)
Resident Evil 6

Each of the games listed are available with the offer. They include:

•$10 gift card for future orders at MicrosoftStore.com
•1600 Microsoft Points

*Offer valid from September 4, 2012 through close of business on November 19, 2012. Other conditions with respect to preorder may apply. Gift card (in-store purchases) or Promo Code (online purchases) and 1600 Xbox Live points will be issued upon redemption of preordered product and eligibility will be verified with receipt upon redemption. No photocopies or facsimiles of receipt will be accepted. Neither Gift Card nor Promo Code may be used toward the purchase of preordered product and neither may be transferred or redeemed for cash. Other conditions on use of gift card may apply. Limit one per customer.

*A credit card is required for pre-order, but your card will not be charged until your order is shipped (or the product is made available for download).

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, I picked up Sesame Street. Basically for free if you figure in the free $10 credit and 1600 points (something I needed anyhow). And I can either resell the game or give it to one of my nieces/nephews for Christmas.

I ordered from them before, I think they put a "hold" on your card for the amount, like many other online retailers do. Actual full processing doesn't happen until game is released. At least in my experience.

[quote name='TheSingingBard']Awesome, I picked up Sesame Street. Basically for free if you figure in the free $10 credit and 1600 points (something I needed anyhow). And I can either resell the game or give it to one of my nieces/nephews for Christmas.

I ordered from them before, I think they put a "hold" on your card for the amount, like many other online retailers do. Actual full processing doesn't happen until game is released. At least in my experience.[/QUOTE]

Well then that's good to hear. Papa Furry has to but Tekken next week.

[quote name='TheSingingBard']
I ordered from them before, I think they put a "hold" on your card for the amount, like many other online retailers do. Actual full processing doesn't happen until game is released. At least in my experience.[/QUOTE]

Correct. It's pending authorization, then will complete when Microsoft ships the order. I know that Best Buy does the same thing.

I chatted with 'Tom' at Microsoft Store. No "Borderlands 2 Premiere Club" content with this preorder.

Kyle: I am considering pre-ordering Borderlands 2 through the Microsoft Store because of the pre-order bonus offers of 1600 MS Points card and $10 off a future order. Tell me, does it also come with the "Borderlands 2 Premiere Club" content in the game? (gold guns, token, additional Class)
Kyle: That is a pre-order bonus offered by several retailers
Tom: I am very sorry but we are currently out of stock on this product.
Kyle: Oh I know. I plan on checking back later
Tom: Just a moment while I look into that for you.
Kyle: if, of course, the "Borderlands 2 Premiere Club" content comes with it.
Tom: I am very sorry but it does not.

[quote name='loomis1975']I ordered sesame street tv 5 hours ago or so, maybe longer, and no confirmation email yet here either.[/QUOTE]

hey just got the confirmation.. Now does anyone want to buy sesame street off me? LOL

How exactly does the free MS points work, the language about it seems like a bit of a hassle. No copies of the receipt, verification... all for something I really don't want as DLC on an aging console with DRM handcuffed to it and no glimpse as to what Microsoft will do next gen with all this tied up cash makes my head hurt. Much like the specifics of the deal.

I don't know, it might be delivered two weeks after release. Never dealt with MS Store, and judging by Borderlands 2 not being available two hours after Major Nelson tweeted about the MS Store deal, I am not sure how much faith to put into it. Sitting and wondering about this and that, while what looks to be a GOTY is on my friends list being played by ten people? AND, from what another user posted, the MS Store is saying the Premiere Club isn't even part of it? Seems like I would be signing up to be part of a corporate adventure while they fondle my money.

I think Amazon's ten buck credit is actually looking sweeter, even though seven of it has to be paid for release date delivery!!

Again, the language in the MS Store deal seems like a major hassle, just to get points that I will only use because I have to.

[quote name='honkyjesus']How exactly does the free MS points work, the language about it seems like a bit of a hassle. No copies of the receipt, verification... all for something I really don't want as DLC on an aging console with DRM handcuffed to it and no glimpse as to what Microsoft will do next gen with all this tied up cash makes my head hurt. Much like the specifics of the deal.

I don't know, it might be delivered two weeks after release. Never dealt with MS Store, and judging by Borderlands 2 not being available two hours after Major Nelson tweeted about the MS Store deal, I am not sure how much faith to put into it. Sitting and wondering about this and that, while what looks to be a GOTY is on my friends list being played by ten people? AND, from what another user posted, the MS Store is saying the Premiere Club isn't even part of it? Seems like I would be signing up to be part of a corporate adventure while they fondle my money.

I think Amazon's ten buck credit is actually looking sweeter, even though seven of it has to be paid for release date delivery!!

Again, the language in the MS Store deal seems like a major hassle, just to get points that I will only use because I have to.[/QUOTE]
If you want borderlands 2 I'd get it through Best Buy, if you can still get it pre-ordered for store pick-up where you're at. Save your $7 in shipping. Sign up for Gamers Club unlocked for $15, get a $20 giftcard and have a year of coupons to use. You come out about the same but get BB coupons and deals for a year and will have a copy in your hands at midnight.

[quote name='Woocls']You come out about the same but get BB coupons and deals for a year and will have a copy in your hands at midnight.[/QUOTE]

So, midnight release at every location?

Borderlands 2 back in stock! Snatched one up. Not really worried about the premiere club thingie. I'll want the extra class eventually, but I'll bet they release it to everyone a bit later. Even if it costs a little extra, I doubt it will be over 800 points, so you'll still come out ahead.

Careful.

I just pre-ordered 2 copies of Borderlands 2 and the charges hit my card instantly. I called a rep and they said it was standard policy, despite what I have read elsewhere. I went ahead and cancelled mine for that very reason. It's a great deal, but I'd rather stick with my $12 off from NewEgg and have the charges hit later.

Keep that in mind if you plan on grabbing any of these deals.

Got sesame street and borderlands 2. Was going to get DC3 but I think it will drop like a rock by XMAS. If the MSRP would have been $39.99 I would have grabbed it.

[quote name='Woocls']Check this to make sure. But I know my local store is.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks for the link. Saw it in another thread but couldn't recall which.

Less awesome that the store I will pick up from ins't participating, but 9 or more hours of waiting isn't nearly as bad as it used to feel.

To keep on-topic, I received my order confirmed e-mail a couple hours after placing it and the pending charge was almost immediate.

I ordered from MS before (Holiday X360 Bundle) and don't recall being charged right away. It's probably because you are guaranteed a 1600 points card and so they are locking you in. Either way I have no problems being charged upfront.

I bet this goes as smoothly as getting points back on purchases on Xbox live. How long did it take you to get the points back? Forever. Many had to make calls. I am going to purchase elsewhere

Ordered and got the confirmation email almost instantly.

Have ordered from their website twice before. Items shipped well packaged within 24 hours and arrived only a couple days later, always with free shipping.

I got a hold for the money placed on my card but not an actual charge this time. This is the first time I pre-order from their website (have pre-ordered directly from their store a couple times before). Both in-store and online, they have been very efficient when sending the codes for special promotions. Always within 24 hours of release, only once a couple days after release.

[quote name='strangelove']I bet this goes as smoothly as getting points back on purchases on Xbox live. How long did it take you to get the points back? Forever. Many had to make calls. I am going to purchase elsewhere[/QUOTE]
You'll get the code via your email you provided on the order 24-48 hours after the item ships :bouncy:

I preordered halo 4 from MS so I could get the $25 bonus a while back. I used my debit card. They put a hold on the $60 for a couple days. Sucked for me as I didn't expect it and only had $65 in my checking account at that time. Would have waited to order if I had known. Just an FYI to those who read the "card won't be charged until game is shipped" bit.

Post #101 contacted Microsoft and unfortunately Premiere Club is NOT included with this deal. You can always use the 1600 MSP towards it?

[quote name='ajm1240']Borderlands 2 back in stock! Snatched one up. Not really worried about the premiere club thingie. I'll want the extra class eventually, but I'll bet they release it to everyone a bit later. Even if it costs a little extra, I doubt it will be over 800 points, so you'll still come out ahead.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Krojian']I preordered halo 4 from MS so I could get the $25 bonus a while back. I used my debit card. They put a hold on the $60 for a couple days. Sucked for me as I didn't expect it and only had $65 in my checking account at that time. Would have waited to order if I had known. Just an FYI to those who read the "card won't be charged until game is shipped" bit.[/QUOTE]

weird, I did that too and dont remember seeing a hold on my account.

[quote name='Krojian']I preordered halo 4 from MS so I could get the $25 bonus a while back. I used my debit card. They put a hold on the $60 for a couple days. Sucked for me as I didn't expect it and only had $65 in my checking account at that time. Would have waited to order if I had known. Just an FYI to those who read the "card won't be charged until game is shipped" bit.[/QUOTE]

Same here, thought they were going to wait till it shipped but I guess using a debit card puts a hold on your account.

Called up MS and cancelled as I need the money more then the game.

[quote name='KyleGamgee']I chatted with 'Tom' at Microsoft Store. No "Borderlands 2 Premiere Club" content with this preorder.

Kyle: I am considering pre-ordering Borderlands 2 through the Microsoft Store because of the pre-order bonus offers of 1600 MS Points card and $10 off a future order. Tell me, does it also come with the "Borderlands 2 Premiere Club" content in the game? (gold guns, token, additional Class)
Kyle: That is a pre-order bonus offered by several retailers
Tom: I am very sorry but we are currently out of stock on this product.
Kyle: Oh I know. I plan on checking back later
Tom: Just a moment while I look into that for you.
Kyle: if, of course, the "Borderlands 2 Premiere Club" content comes with it.
Tom: I am very sorry but it does not.[/QUOTE]

I wonder why? All pre-orders come with the Premiere Club stuff, don't see why they wouldn't include them with the copies MS gets.

Either way, there will probably be a deal near release date with a $20 GC or something. I don't need the points so I'd rather have the GC, and this will be the only time I use the MS Store so the $10 MS Coupon will be useless to me.

[quote name='Woocls']If you want borderlands 2 I'd get it through Best Buy, if you can still get it pre-ordered for store pick-up where you're at. Save your $7 in shipping. Sign up for Gamers Club unlocked for $15, get a $20 giftcard and have a year of coupons to use. You come out about the same but get BB coupons and deals for a year and will have a copy in your hands at midnight.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Best Buy looks the best by far with this. I have a twenty buck credit with Amazon right now, not sure what I'll do.

If my Best Buy store has a midnight release I would have to walk about five miles home, though. May be worth it, be part of history and part of a grand adventure.

[quote name='life.exe']I wonder why? All pre-orders come with the Premiere Club stuff, don't see why they wouldn't include them with the copies MS gets.

Either way, there will probably be a deal near release date with a $20 GC or something. I don't need the points so I'd rather have the GC, and this will be the only time I use the MS Store so the $10 MS Coupon will be useless to me.[/QUOTE]

Escapist says it does include the premier club. http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119437-Microsoft-Drops-a-Deal-on-Borderlands-2

I'd assume that Escapist was wrong but I've talked to so many useless customer reps over the years.

I emailed Microsoft regarding the confusion with showing a receipt for the promo $10 and 1600 Microsoft points card. They said that those items would be given to us 10 days after our game has been shipped. These will be codes that will be given to us through e-mail. The receipt is needed to get the promo code/ 1600 points if you pre-ordered in store.

[quote name='FriscoDude']I emailed Microsoft regarding the confusion with showing a receipt for the promo $10 and 1600 Microsoft points card. They said that those items would be given to us 10 days after our game has been shipped. These will be codes that will be given to us through e-mail. The receipt is needed to get the promo code/ 1600 points if you pre-ordered in store.[/QUOTE] So they are doing this in store as well? Called three stores in California yesterday and all of them had no idea.

[quote name='spauldingfan']So they are doing this in store as well? Called three stores in California yesterday and all of them had no idea.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, the Microsoft rep didn't address that in the e-mail. She just mentioned if I wanted to do this in-store then I would have to find a store location and contact them. If anything, you should contact them through email if they might have more specific information.

[quote name='FriscoDude']Sorry, the Microsoft rep didn't address that in the e-mail. She just mentioned if I wanted to do this in-store then I would have to find a store location and contact them. If anything, you should contact them through email if they might have more specific information.[/QUOTE]
Gotcha. If it is anything like the points promo they did for when I got my windows phone it will work out like this : they send you a code to go back on the website and order a PHYSICAL points card, they do not email you a points code.

[quote name='life.exe']I wonder why? All pre-orders come with the Premiere Club stuff, don't see why they wouldn't include them with the copies MS gets.

Either way, there will probably be a deal near release date with a $20 GC or something. I don't need the points so I'd rather have the GC, and this will be the only time I use the MS Store so the $10 MS Coupon will be useless to me.[/QUOTE]

According to Gearbox, it's only select retailers (Amazon, Best Buy & Gamestop), not every first day copy of the game.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=134551

I just called Microsoft Store Corporate and they told me this deal is online only and the B&Ms aren't going to be doing it. Damn shame, I know I want both BL2 and RE6 day one, so I don't know if I'll be doing this.

Went to the store today and the back of the preorder box of borderlands says it comes with Premiere Club stuff, I don't know why it would be different for the online store.

Nobody knows yet. Fine print says gift card not eligible for use on pre-orders. We'll find out in 2 weeks when those who bought borderlands 2 get there gift card.

Went ahead and ordered Sesame Street, I'm sure we'll be able to dump it for $10-15. I was planning on preordering Halo 4 from the MSStore anyways, so I'll use the credit towards that, and then use the $25 credit towards a year of XBL.

I just realized I still can't use the gift cards that I got last year with their shooter promo on an online order. I'm kind of amazed by that.

New games added:
Assassin's Creed III
Fable: The Journey ($49.99)
Dishonored
Just Dance 4 (can't find it, must be out of stock) ($39.99)
Black Ops 2 (same dilemma, can't find it)

[quote name='litepink']New games added:
Assassin's Creed III
Dishonored
Black Ops 2 (same dilemma, can't find it)[/QUOTE]

Pretty good deals for some games not part of BBY's promo, especially if you don't want to take your chances pricematching.

[quote name='litepink']New games added:
Assassin's Creed III
Dishonored
Black Ops 2 (same dilemma, can't find it)[/QUOTE]

You have to navigate through the obnoxious game lists to find Just Dance 4 and Black Ops 2 since they don't come up through search. Anyways, I preordered Just Dance 4. That brings it up to 3 preorders with this promo with Dance Central 3 and Sesame Street from a while ago. This deal is going pretty well for games not on Best Buy's preorder program.

If you have a Discover card then don't forget Shop Discover 10% cash back for MS Store

I preordered BL2 on 9/5 and it came out to $63.74 w/ tax

I just got my cash back pending email today:
You've Earned Additional Cashback Bonus Through ShopDiscov​er
Microsoft Store 09/05/2012 $6.00

Edit: looks like Shop Discover 10% is gone, they went back to 5% now

Last edited by a moderator:
Still not sure this is a great deal. Shipping takes 3-7 days. I wonder if that's business days. Still too long to wait for an extra ten dollar bonus compared to best buy or new egg deals in my opinion.

bread's done
Back