Microsoft Store Pre-Orders = $10 MS Coupon + 1600 MSP + FREE Shipping -- $59.99

• Please log in to reply
1119 replies to this topic

#31 an Iksar Monk

an Iksar Monk

Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:22 PM

The wording of the fine print makes me think you are actually going to have mail in the receipt and then receive the coupon and points card by mail. If so I will pass. Or is that not the case?

That's what I read into and decided to keep my existing pre-order. Good initial find though TC.

Not sure who I am more disappointed with:  Bioshock for the Mass Effect 3 ending or the current federal administration for... TLDW.

:hot:

#32 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:24 PM

I did check the site. It says free 1600 pt card and $10 card for preordering and Sesame Street is only $29.99. But it's Out of Stock. :(

It was in stock when I checked, but I assume MS pulled the listing due to it being priced wrong and/or giving away too much stuff with it due to the price.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#33 dominator

dominator

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

Hmm, that's a heck of a deal, especially for those titles that aren't eligible for 20 dollars RZ points promotion. Not sure where I'll be ordering RE6, but this isn't too bad of a problem to have. lol Thanks OP!

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#34 TheBomb69

TheBomb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

Tax kills this for me as they are charging $5.02.

#35 liljrSanchez

liljrSanchez

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

Those trying to pre-order Kinect Sesame Street TV, try again... Seems like it's available.

#36 bigb423

bigb423

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

here is what i'm probably going to do. i had planned on pre ordering both. I would really like the microsoft store to have the resident evil 6 archives edition that would be great. I am going to pre order borderlands 2, use the 10 buck coupon towards resident evil. then use that 10 coupon on points. so 4800 points essentially for like 12 bucks. because i planned on getting the games either way so i might as well do it this way. plus with me, id rather have a physical copy of resident evil 5, which is included in archives but is a code for games on demand. i prefer physical copies so i could just order it later on down the road for like 15 bucks. i dont care about code veronica so i could just use one of the 1600 points on resident evil 4 if i chose to, still on fence. only thing im really missing out on, i was hoping to get the pre order items for borderlands 2 from gamestop. anyway i still could get them somehow? lol

#37 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:48 PM

Awesome thank you. In for sesame street.

#38 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

Awesome deal, but I don't want any of those games except Borderlands 2 which I'm getting on PC. Not sure I want to go through the hassle to try and sell one and keep the points card + coupon.
Posted Image

#39 chuckwagon

chuckwagon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:15 PM

I love you OP. Canceled my RE6 pre order at BB. I come out $10 ahead on this.

#40 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

here is what i'm probably going to do. i had planned on pre ordering both. I would really like the microsoft store to have the resident evil 6 archives edition that would be great. I am going to pre order borderlands 2, use the 10 buck coupon towards resident evil. then use that 10 coupon on points. so 4800 points essentially for like 12 bucks. because i planned on getting the games either way so i might as well do it this way. plus with me, id rather have a physical copy of resident evil 5, which is included in archives but is a code for games on demand. i prefer physical copies so i could just order it later on down the road for like 15 bucks. i dont care about code veronica so i could just use one of the 1600 points on resident evil 4 if i chose to, still on fence. only thing im really missing out on, i was hoping to get the pre order items for borderlands 2 from gamestop. anyway i still could get them somehow? lol

Don't get the coupons until they ship and the deal ends today. You can forget stacking the coupons on this deal but maybe another will come later.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#41 timberwolfbobby

timberwolfbobby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:23 PM

Got my preorder in for Sesame Street after all. Should make a great christmas gift for the kids. Thanks OP

#42 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

Don't get the coupons until they ship and the deal ends today. You can forget stacking the coupons on this deal but maybe another will come later.

The T&C state otherwise:

*Offer valid from September 4, 2012 through close of business on November 19, 2012.

^ I agree you most likely won't get the coupon until the order ships though.

If I preorder say three different games and get three coupons could I then stack those together in a single order? Do they expire?

#43 Fearbeard

Fearbeard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

IMO Best Buy does. You get some pre-order DLC worth at most $5, $20 back as rewards, and 30 (normal)/60 (premiere silver) days to price match to a lower price. So if the game drops to $40 within 30 or 60 days you get the $20 back. Making the game essentially $20.

The $10 at the MS store is worthless to me since they very rarely have deals and add in shipping it usually negates the savings.

But if it's a deal for you, go for it.

You can always use the $10 at the MS store on another points card (no shipping)

Games Completed -  2014 - 2013 - 2012 
Game Spending List -  2014 - 2013 - 2012

#44 lvjordan238

lvjordan238

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

Why does the site say the estimated ship date for FIFA is 10/31? If they ship on release day, I'd be in for that and maybe RE6.

#45 V4oLDbOY

V4oLDbOY

Vengeance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

What happens to the 1600 msp if you return the game? I assume they take off $10 because of the GC. What if you already use the 1600 msp, do they take another $20 off the return for that too.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#46 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

Hopefully can still preorder Sesame Street on Friday.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#47 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:07 PM

The T&C state otherwise:

*Offer valid from September 4, 2012 through close of business on November 19, 2012.

^ I agree you most likely won't get the coupon until the order ships though.

If I preorder say three different games and get three coupons could I then stack those together in a single order? Do they expire?

Ya, apparently I can't read today. I have the laborless day virus.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#48 latin trident

latin trident

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:15 PM

Pre-ordered Sesame Street. I hope I can resell it for a close retail price. I don't have kinect so i really wouldn't use it.

*my son wouldn't be able to use it

Edited by latin trident, 04 September 2012 - 09:16 PM.
*correction

#49 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:27 PM

I am going to stick with my Amazon preorder of Borderlands 2 mainly cause the fine print makes no sense and I will get my preorder quicker anyway (Amazon Prime)

#50 RedWulf12

RedWulf12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:31 PM

Bl2! Ugh, but their shipping is so much slower than Zon's (3-7days)

firstworldproblems

#51 john718

john718

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:42 PM

IMO Best Buy does. You get some pre-order DLC worth at most $5, $20 back as rewards, and 30 (normal)/60 (premiere silver) days to price match to a lower price. So if the game drops to $40 within 30 or 60 days you get the $20 back. Making the game essentially $20.

The $10 at the MS store is worthless to me since they very rarely have deals and add in shipping it usually negates the savings.

But if it's a deal for you, go for it.

That's YOU assuming the game will drop at any store by $20.00 on Black Friday, BUT that's if it drops that much...while Microsoft IT'S A NOW type of deal, BY $30.00. oh by the way who spends now days so much money at bestbuy to reach SILVER PREMIER status having sites like AMAZON and NEWEGG around....certainly not me, I like to save my money.

#52 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:46 PM

It's a good deal if you need the points. I still have two 4000pt cards from the last sale (paid either $35 or 38 for them, iirc). Otherwise, I might jump on this deal.

#53 Fracas

Fracas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

This is more than likely a dumb question, but I'm just wanting to be sure.
I'm wanting Borderlands 2 and Resident Evil 6. I'm wondering if I can put a preorder for just Borderlands 2, then when it ships and I get the codes, I preorder Resident Evil 6 for $50 and still get additional MSP and another $10 code.

#54 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:56 PM

That's YOU assuming the game will drop at any store by $20.00 on Black Friday, BUT that's if it drops that much...while Microsoft IT'S A NOW type of deal, BY $30.00. oh by the way who spends now days so much money at bestbuy to reach SILVER PREMIER status having sites like AMAZON and NEWEGG around....certainly not me, I like to save my money.

And YOU are assume the game will NOT drop at any store by $20 in 30 or 60 days. 80% of all games drop in price or go on sale within the first 1-2 months. It is not that uncommon. The only thing you get in this deal has over BB is $10 to use on another item they sell, which isn't terrible. You are acting like I said this is a horrible deal, not once did I say that, all I said was it wasn't the best deal out there for some.

Meanwhile many people have credit due to trading in at Best Buy thus making another option better due to less cost out of pocket. All I am doing is providing information to people. Choose MS, choose BB, choose GS or WM for all I care. It's your money use it how you want. Stop defending a company who doesn't give two craps about who you are.

You say you prefer to save money but act like Best Buy is a horrible company or something. I go where I can save money, I don't care what name is on the building. I have spent more money at Amazon than I have at Best Buy over the last 3 years, I go to where the deals are.

Also, I barely spent any money at BB last year, in fact I was $2,300 or something away from getting premiere silver but they upgraded me for free. Who is the one making assumptions now?

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#55 Stri26

Stri26

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:59 PM

Will pre-orders of borderlands 2 include the future class unlock?

#56 kulaguy

kulaguy

3rd St. Saints!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

This is a great deal. I preordered Dance Central 3 and Sesame Street for $87 after tax. Here's how I figure it:

• 1600 points card can be had for $15 on buy.com via ebay every once in a while. ($30)
  • $10 coupon are of course $10 since MS store has some good deals every once in a while. Expiration for voucher is important, though. ($20)
  • Dance Central 3 could probably be had for $20-30 by the holidays. Let's say 25.
  • Sesame Street can probably be sold for $10-15. Let's say 12
87-30-20-25-12 = 0.

My math may seem odd so work on it how you like, but as I see it, I don't have to pay anything extra to get a combination of various deals that will happen to the items being sold. They will get cheaper, but even accounting the eventual sale prices for the holidays, I don't have to pay anything extra to get the same "deal" and I still get the game near release, rather than having to wait for a sale. Hope that helps you guys figure out what to get. I recommend looking at titles not eligible for the BB $20 Gamer promo.

#57 V4oLDbOY

V4oLDbOY

Vengeance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:07 PM

Will pre-orders of borderlands 2 include the future class unlock?

Unless it says so on the item page I doubt it. I keep seeing 2k and gearbox call it a retailer specific bonus. So I think Amazon, BestBuy, Gamestop, maybe a few others. I would double check though.

Also saw this

ALL SALES ARE FINAL. In the case of a manufacturer defect, you must notify us within 30 days of purchase. In that case, the item will be replaced with the same product or, if that item is no longer available, a merchandise credit will be issued within 30 days.

In store as well?

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#58 kulaguy

kulaguy

3rd St. Saints!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:29 PM

Looking at the confirmation email, this is what it says:

Xbox LIVE 1600 pts Coupon - Coupon code will be sent to email address associated with purchase after game is shipped.

How to redeem your promo code: To get up to your free Xbox LIVE 1600 pts from Microsoft Store online, just return to the store, place the Xbox LIVE 1600 pts product in your cart, hit the “Checkout” button. You’ll see a place to enter your promo code, just enter the coupon code we will email to you after the game is shipped and hit “Apply.” Your discount will then be applied to your order. Valid for single use only. Does not apply to value of any taxes, shipping and handling. Only valid online at the US Microsoft Store website: www.microsoftstore.com. Cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or combined with any other offer or promotion. Expires 12/31/2012.

$10 coupon for your next Microsoft Store online purchase - Coupon code will be sent to email address associated with purchase after game is shipped.

How to redeem your promo code: To get up to $10 off your next purchase from Microsoft Store online, just return to the store, shop for the items you want to buy and put them in your cart. Once they’re in your cart, hit the “Checkout” button. You’ll see a place to enter your promo code, just enter the coupon code we will email to you after the game is shipped and hit “Apply.” Your $10 discount will then be applied to your order. Valid for single use only. If value of purchase is less than the value of the promo code, unused balance will be forfeited. Does not apply to value of any taxes, shipping and handling. Only valid online at the US Microsoft Store website: www.microsoftstore.com. Cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or combined with any other offer or promotion. Expires 12/31/2012.

tl;dr

You get a code that will discount 1600 points at the MS online store after the game is shipped. You get a code for $10 off your next MS online purchase after the game is shipped. Both codes expire 12/31/12.

#59 NocturneManiac

NocturneManiac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:44 PM

For Borderlands 2, not entirely sold on it since you don't get Premiere Club, which includes the new class that's going to be 800MSP when it's eventually released, so that brings it down to a $20 savings. Then the Premiere Club also has a few other in-game bonus items (golden guns to start out with and a special item that's supposed to help you find good loot), which I'll value for at least $5-$10. Then that leaves the extra $10, which you can easily get at Amazon (with zero tax). $20 for those with Best Buy unlocked already.

I would love to get RE6, but I actually want the Archives version too, so wouldn't be entirely worth it for me, since I don't currently own RE5 (anymore) and the two download titles (RE4 & CV). So Archives would still be best for me, especially after it's dropped some after release, if it's still available.

Posted Image

#60 SqueezyCrusty

SqueezyCrusty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:08 PM

If I preorder NBA 2k13 with Microsoft Store, will I get the pre-order All-Star bonuses?