Microsoft Store Pre-Orders = $10 MS Coupon + 1600 MSP + FREE Shipping -- $59.99

• Please log in to reply
1119 replies to this topic

#61 Kevbo887

Kevbo887

Defensor Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:14 PM

Hows the shipping on RE6? Do they offer release date delivery? Around release date?

#62 V4oLDbOY

V4oLDbOY

Vengeance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:21 PM

Looking at the confirmation email, this is what it says:

tl;dr

You get a code that will discount 1600 points at the MS online store after the game is shipped. You get a code for $10 off your next MS online purchase after the game is shipped. Both codes expire 12/31/12.

Anyone try this in store? I have one pretty close to me. Seems like there shouldn't be any issues returning the game if all they give you is a coupon code. The fin print didn't say anything like Amazon's we'll only give you back $50 if you got a $10 gift card preorder bonus.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#63 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:33 PM

Anyone try this in store? I have one pretty close to me. Seems like there shouldn't be any issues returning the game if all they give you is a coupon code. The fin print didn't say anything like Amazon's we'll only give you back $50 if you got a $10 gift card preorder bonus.

Xbox 360 games and Boxed Non-Microsoft Software
•ALL SALES ARE FINAL. In the case of a manufacturer defect, you must notify us within thirty (30) days from the date of purchase. In this case, the product will be exchanged for the same product or, if that product is no longer available, we will issue a refund.

So, no, you can't attempt to commit return fraud and keep the points and coupon from the Microsoft Store.

#64 Murderstorm

Murderstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

Sucks that the only good game on the list is resident evil 6 but im getting that on ps3 for the archives edition.

#65 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:37 PM

Question regarding the use of these codes: In the OP it says codes cannot be used for pre-orders, but does that only apply to listed titles? I have Halo 4 preordered at the MS Store already but if possible I'd consider preordering Borderlands 2 here, and then reordering Halo 4 with the $10 off code. Could this work?

#66 liljrSanchez

liljrSanchez

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

According to the e-mail, you get a $10 MS coupon the day it is released. Afterwards, it can be used for anything on the MS Store.

I managed to pre-order Halo 4 from Newegg for $40. That still on?

Question regarding the use of these codes: In the OP it says codes cannot be used for pre-orders, but does that only apply to listed titles? I have Halo 4 preordered at the MS Store already but if possible I'd consider preordering Borderlands 2 here, and then reordering Halo 4 with the $10 off code. Could this work?

#67 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:50 PM

According to the e-mail, you get a $10 MS coupon the day it is released. Afterwards, it can be used for anything on the MS Store.

I managed to pre-order Halo 4 from Newegg for $40. That still on?

I put a preorder in for one of the $10 off Newegg deals recently, but the MS store one interests me more because of its $25 off next purchase coupon. Essentially $25 off a 4000 MSP card.

So if this works out I could be looking at Borderlands 2 + 1600 MSP (read, Dawnguard), and $10 off Halo 4 for $60. That's a great deal

#68 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:15 AM

Hmm, might do this for Borderlands 2 and then use the code for Halo 4 and then hopefully they have something else I want for the code that comes with that game.

#69 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:16 AM

Shoot, didn't notice that - this is also what I'd like to do with this credit - shame you can't use it on pre-orders.

#70 ajm1240

ajm1240

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:35 AM

Borderlands 2, out of stock? Dammit!
Posted Image

#71 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:07 AM

I had to pre-order Sesame Street just on principle of the deal (no kids, no Kinect). Thanks OP!

#72 V4oLDbOY

V4oLDbOY

Vengeance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:14 AM

Borderlands 2, out of stock? Dammit!

Wait, on a preorder 2 weeks away? Really?

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#73 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:27 AM

I'd be all over this.. but I still haven't opened my Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition... that I bought in November... of 2010. :oops:

Dill The Noise.

471350.png

#74 liljrSanchez

liljrSanchez

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:18 AM

Everybody best be taking advantage of this offer. Majornelson might do more if this turns out great ;)

#75 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:33 AM

That's YOU assuming the game will drop at any store by $20.00 on Black Friday, BUT that's if it drops that much...while Microsoft IT'S A NOW type of deal, BY $30.00. oh by the way who spends now days so much money at bestbuy to reach SILVER PREMIER status having sites like AMAZON and NEWEGG around....certainly not me, I like to save my money.

I am pretty sure that the price matching doesn't work on black friday deals anyway. It would definitely be YMMV, because it says so in most store's policies.

To Quote BB:

The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices, offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, Deal of the Day items, BestBuy.com Midnight Sale and special hour sale events, BestBuy.com Outlet Center and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving.

#76 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:44 AM

I am pretty sure that the price matching doesn't work on black friday deals anyway. It would definitely be YMMV, because it says so in most store's policies.

To Quote BB:

The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices, offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, Deal of the Day items, BestBuy.com Midnight Sale and special hour sale events, BestBuy.com Outlet Center and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving.

He also misunderstood what I posted. Not once did I say if the price drops ON BF. I said that in within 1-2 months after RE6 comes out it will be NEAR BF/Christmas which is when the sales kick into high gear.

I know PM on BF is near impossible, unless you get someone who is really nice and wants to bend/break the rules to help someone.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#77 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:59 AM

So they're basically giving away Kinect Sesame Street for FREE? WTF LOL!

#78 XF Gator

XF Gator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:40 AM

5% cashback through Upromise (they also give 5% for bestbuy.com)

In for Sesame Street, because they're not making anything on it.

#79 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:12 AM

In for Sesame Street. My daughter loves Cookie Monster and Once upon a monster on the Kinect, so this is a no brainer.

#80 ShinAkuma

ShinAkuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:16 AM

Question for anyone who has done a preorder for Resident Evil 6 (or any game)- what does your invoice say for product release date? My RE6 order says "Product release date:Tue Nov 20 00:00:00 CST 2012". I seriously hope they're not making you wait for this until then, or its a lousy deal after all.

#81 Pravado

Pravado

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:01 AM

Wow, so borderlands 2 is out of stock for this deal? HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE

#82 3kingdoms

3kingdoms

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:21 AM

i just ordered the sesame street tv but didn't get a confirmation email?

Did my order go through?
Posted Image

#83 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:08 AM

I ordered sesame street tv 5 hours ago or so, maybe longer, and no confirmation email yet here either.

#84 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:21 AM

It took them forever to ship me my copy of Syndicate. It'll be a while before I use the MS store again.

#85 ripoffer

ripoffer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

Resident Evil 6 release date: 11/20/2012. That's the old release date. Can anyone confirm that it's the new October 2 release date that they're shipping the game?

#86 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

Resident Evil 6 release date: 11/20/2012. That's the old release date. Can anyone confirm that it's the new October 2 release date that they're shipping the game?

I cannot confirm it - but I would imagine somebody will tell Bob, who works in Microsoft shipping/receiving, of the new release date. Fear not, your copy will arrive next month.... unless they forget to tell Bob.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png

#87 FurryCurry

FurryCurry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

I'm sure they aren't going to sit on copies of the game until 11/20. Game has already been printed and is probably in a warehouse somewhere just waiting to be sent to stores.

MORE troubling however is Microsoft charging me for Resident Evil 6. Has anyone been charged already? I'm a little confused when it CLEARLY says that they will not charge you until your preorder ships and it's definitely not October 2nd.

Buy everything! QUICK!

Posted Image

Forget the old lady! Shop! NOW!

#88 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

Dumb question - do they charge my credit card the full amount now or when the game releases?

#89 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:40 PM

Quick question: If I already have a pre-order for Halo 4 with them will I apply the coupon when it's shipped/charged? or will i need to cancel my pre-order and make a new one?

#90 xFatalFlaw

xFatalFlaw

Dango Daikazoku!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:43 PM

Dumb question - do they charge my credit card the full amount now or when the game releases?

*A credit card is required for pre-order, but your card will not be charged until your order is shipped (or the product is made available for download).