The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:32 AM

The DeLorean is live on Lego.com:

http://shop.lego.com...e-machine-21103

Sold out!

Nah, I'm just fucking with everyone.  :lol:

Buy now if you want the set with a spelling mistake, it might be worth more later.

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#3033 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

Also on Amazon now with free shipping.  

#3034 mat43

mat43

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

Confirmed for final Target markdown day, best score was TLR Train $29.98 and 3x Cavalry Builder $3.98.

#3035 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

Hmm, I have $30 in VIP points so I'm debating whether I should get the BttF set.  There's nothing else I really want right now, and if this turns out to be really limited, then I will miss out.  I'm not too fond of the DeLorean, but at $5 out of pocket, I would be very happy with it.

fs_overall.png

#3036 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

My closest target is never going to freaking mark down their legos...

The lego sets haven't been marked down in weeks...

#3037 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

Eurobricks has a review of the next series of minifigures.

The island warrior, german woman, grandma, diner woman, jazz guy and scarecrow are only two in a box.  Pisses me off because I like the scarecrow and the islander, and the box has 6 yetis and 6 welders.  People will want the islanders, I'd like a few, that should have been a 6 in a box guy.  Who needs more than one yeti or welder?

#3038 cakefoo

cakefoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

Delorean is sold out at Amazon and ships in a month from Lego.com.

Still in stock at Toys R Us.

#3039 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

If you have a Lego store near you just head down there to get the Delorean. When I was there on Tuesday they had it along with the new Minecraft sets and SW sets.

#3040 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:36 PM

Sold out!

Nah, I'm just fucking with everyone.   :lol:

Buy now if you want the set with a spelling mistake, it might be worth more later.

What's the spelling mistake?

#3041 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:41 PM

Sheild your eyes from the light.

https://legocuusoo.u...uture-set-flux-

#3042 sydra

sydra

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:48 PM

Local Target here also dropped almost everything to 70% off today.  Was just creator and monster fighters that dropped only to 50% off.  In the system anyways.  Nothing other than Galaxy Squad still on the shelves. 

Posted Image

#3043 fujishig

fujishig

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:17 PM

If you have a Lego store near you just head down there to get the Delorean. When I was there on Tuesday they had it along with the new Minecraft sets and SW sets.

Really? It was sold out at the closest Lego stores here, the same morning they put them out. Maybe they're getting more stock?

#3044 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

Wow, that was fast.  If you order it from a physical Lego store, you don't pay shipping right?  I might go that route.

fs_overall.png

#3045 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:35 PM

No shipping cost if you order at the Lego store, no.

So I head to TRU at lunch looking for MP Soundwave. I know its not likely they’ll have him but I have nothing better to do on my break so I head down there anyways. I was just at the store last weekend but the first thing I notice was that the front of the store has been reconfigured and rearranged. Not like they swap the front of the store for whatever is current movies or toy wise but just generally altered. Lego section is where it has always been but reconfigured. Walked by the little CMF box and notice one series four pack amongst all the gold series 10. The package is scuffed to hell and I have a complete set of series four but I pick it up anyways because, who knows, just doesn’t happen everyday. Turns out it’s a Frankenstein, scanned $3.49. Up for trade if anyone needs it. I continue to scour the Lego section to see if any other odds and ends turned up, maybe something is marked clearance now. They have had a Whitecap bay there forever that refuses to be marked down so I was looking for that  (didn’t find it) and whatever else and on an end cap, all by its lonesome I see a box just beat to hell and it turns out to be – 4841 Hogwarts Express! Due to the store remodel none of the scanners are working but as I check out it comes up full TRU price - $109.99, which is the only lame part of the story. But I was just telling my wife last weekend how I wish I had picked it up when it was originally released and ebay prices aren’t too crazy but not what I wanted to spend right now. Turns out I paid about the price you would pay for an opened set. I realize this was long winded story but I was just excited. Always hear about other people having luck like this (cheaper price would’ve been even luckier) but I am overall pretty psyched with this early birthday present to myself!

#3046 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:15 PM

No shipping cost if you order at the Lego store, no.

So I head to TRU at lunch looking for MP Soundwave. I know its not likely they’ll have him but I have nothing better to do on my break so I head down there anyways. I was just at the store last weekend but the first thing I notice was that the front of the store has been reconfigured and rearranged. Not like they swap the front of the store for whatever is current movies or toy wise but just generally altered. Lego section is where it has always been but reconfigured. Walked by the little CMF box and notice one series four pack amongst all the gold series 10. The package is scuffed to hell and I have a complete set of series four but I pick it up anyways because, who knows, just doesn’t happen everyday. Turns out it’s a Frankenstein, scanned $3.49. Up for trade if anyone needs it. I continue to scour the Lego section to see if any other odds and ends turned up, maybe something is marked clearance now. They have had a Whitecap bay there forever that refuses to be marked down so I was looking for that  (didn’t find it) and whatever else and on an end cap, all by its lonesome I see a box just beat to hell and it turns out to be – 4841 Hogwarts Express! Due to the store remodel none of the scanners are working but as I check out it comes up full TRU price - $109.99, which is the only lame part of the story. But I was just telling my wife last weekend how I wish I had picked it up when it was originally released and ebay prices aren’t too crazy but not what I wanted to spend right now. Turns out I paid about the price you would pay for an opened set. I realize this was long winded story but I was just excited. Always hear about other people having luck like this (cheaper price would’ve been even luckier) but I am overall pretty psyched with this early birthday present to myself!

I wish I would have picked up the $35 Hogwarts express I found too, I do have a nice minty one though.

#3047 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:41 PM

I wasn't going to stop at Target today, but they were on the way to the grocery store.

They added the Lone Ranger Mine to clearance at $53. It also looks like they recently marked down the existing clearance because none of the Forest Police Stations were left.

In the clearance aisle, I found a Spongebob Flying Dutchman for $12.98 and back in the main aisle, there was a single Vermin Vaporizer without a clearance tag. All the price scanners in the store were down.

I brought it to checkout and it was $17.98. Sold!
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#3048 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:34 AM

The target closest to my house started the forest police station off at 50% off last week so your store probably did the samething

#3049 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:12 AM

Damn.  Wish I had a Lego store nearby.  No sign of the new Minecraft sets on lego.com or amazon.

#3050 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:18 AM

They had the new minecraft sets already cool!

Smile

#3051 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:23 AM

Damn.  Wish I had a Lego store nearby.  No sign of the new Minecraft sets on lego.com or amazon.

I took my daughter to the event, when I spoke to one of the employees today they told me they haven't received the shipment. They said possibly Monday but I don't want to drive all the way there to get it. I tried to order online from the store but they said it was sold out, I just checked right now and it's in stock. Was it ever OOS? Nevermind...

#3052 Crash-Fistfight

Crash-Fistfight

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:43 AM

I went to the Wal Mart in Centerville, Utah today and picked up a Jabba's palace for $64. The had 5 more on the shelf.

#3053 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:56 PM

Damn, the target I went to yesterday wasnt done scanning at lunch time as the Lego monster fighter castle dropped to 50% and I missed it.

#3054 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:17 PM

Been busy loading up on clearance deals at Target. Return/rebuy has really paid off. With the glut of Targets around me, many of which have large supplies of various sets at MSRP or a paltry 15 or 30% off which are OOS at other locales but for 70% off in the system, this form of arbitrage has worked very well.

Nothing like getting wolvie choppers ($5.98) LR troops ($3.98) Comanche camps ($5.98) and trains ($29.98) Bat/Tumblers ($11.98) Daily Bugles ($14.98) and LOTR sets 70% off.

Still haven't found a hulk helicarrier breakout, ghost train, LOTR/hobbit shire unexpected gathering, black gate, or pirate ship on clearance at all though, unfortunately. Haven't seen the LR mine, town, or stagecoach on clearance at any target either.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#3055 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

Wow, you are lucky they let you do the return and rebuy. I am also surprised any of those sets lasted until the 70% drop.

#3056 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

Wow, you are lucky they let you do the return and rebuy. I am also surprised any of those sets lasted until the 70% drop.

He always does it, every clearance cycle. It annoys the shit out of me, because it's still return fraud.

elessar123.png

#3057 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:58 PM

It is not return fraud, it is sort of a violation of store policy. Return fraud is a legal matter, what he does is something that is purely a store policy issue. And changing payment methods is within store policy and is how he gets it to work. It is ingenious, and ballsy, though the only risk is getting banned from the store.

#3058 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:29 PM

What is and is not return fraud is a grey area.  I consider it fraud, but it's not to the leavel of buying something, making a new sticker with a higher price poitn and returning it, bu it's still return fraud.

From wiki....

Return fraud is the act of somehow defrauding a retail establishment via the return process. There are various ways in which this crime is committed. For example, the offender may return stolen merchandise to secure cash, or steal receipts and/or receipt tape to enable a falsified return. Return abuse is a form of “friendly fraud” where someone purchases products without intending to keep them. Perhaps the most well-known form of this abuse is “wardrobing” or “renting” – in which the person makes a purchase, uses the product(s), and then returns the merchandise.

#3059 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:54 PM

My target has mias bedroom and Olivias speedboat for $2.96. They weren't tagged. I am thinking it is a price drop since it doesn't end with an 8 and they are being retired.

#3060 shopsmarts

shopsmarts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:43 AM

I went to the 3 closest Targets this morning at 8:30, nothing at the closest, at the second I found LOTR Mines of Moira, Creator Highway Pickup, Quinjet, small Police ATV, Uru Kai army, Hobbit preview set and the Vampire Castle which I really wanted all at 50% off. Filled up a cart and left feeling happy. At the last Target I went to, I found the Werewolf Monsters set for 9.99 and a Galaxy Squad Bug Obliterator for 70% off (23.99) and picked up some small Mega Bloks sets at 70% off.

Ballin' on a budget