LEGO Deals 3

• Please log in to reply
5978 replies to this topic

#3811 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:55 AM

You can check online through out the night to see if the set goes on sale at night, if you get there when the store opens at least in my area it's going to take you a few hours just to get in the store. I have no idea how this year is going to be since a lot of stores are opening early Thanksgiving day.

#3812 bellenoire2005

bellenoire2005

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:10 AM

You can check online through out the night to see if the set goes on sale at night, if you get there when the store opens at least in my area it's going to take you a few hours just to get in the store. I have no idea how this year is going to be since a lot of stores are opening early Thanksgiving day.

Says in store only :( It wouldn't hurt to check, though, there is one TRU that everyone avoids in my area. I've found door busters there at 1 pm Friday after a 9 pm Thanksgiving opening.

#3813 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:16 AM

The TRU near me was full today and if you get there at 5am Friday there will not be anything left in the store, everything was already bought and stolen.  There was a line one year that started at 6:30am and you would checkout at 10:30am.  When I was there the line was only 45 minutes.

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#3814 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:22 AM

I noticed TRU's sale on the Town Square, and that it started at 5 am. Is it reasonable to believe that I could get there about 5 and get the set, or is it people's experience that they go fast?

Base on previous years, the system will actually put the item on sale before the 5AM start time., maybe an half hour to an hour prior.  With this sale staring a good 12 hours after the store opens, and that they are limiting one per person, it's a good possibility.

#3815 brock Samson

brock Samson

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:33 AM

I've never had issues at multiple TRU and Target locations on BF.  People often put things in their cart and never end up buying them.  I remember the year TRU had the MTT for $50 and Target had the Star Destroyer for $60.  I didn't leave the house till 10am.  I bought the last few SD's at Target and they were happy to get rid of the BF specials that had limits in one shot.  TRU didn't limit me and I was glad since Lego said they'll never make it again.  $400 each now!  In more recent years the specials haven't been that attractive and I've seen everything last through the end of the day into the next.  

#3816 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:23 PM

I've never had issues at multiple TRU and Target locations on BF.  People often put things in their cart and never end up buying them.  I remember the year TRU had the MTT for $50 and TRU had the Star Destroyer for $60.  I didn't leave the house till 10am.  I bought the last few SD's at Target and they were happy to get rid of the BF specials that had limits in one shot.  TRU didn't limit me and I was glad since Lego said they'll never make it again.  $400 each now!  In more recent years the specials haven't been that attractive and I've seen everything last through the end of the day into the next.  

I think that was the last year that had Black Friday Lego deals I really wanted, and that was five years ago. I usually save my Lego money for post Christmas clearance, although those can be really hit or miss lately.

[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#3817 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:33 AM

I was close to picking up another LR Train today...$65 is a really good price as you can use the money you save to motorize it.  But then I get the feeling that LR sets are going to universally clearanced like the Prince of Persia sets, and I bet I could get it for $50 or less.

Posted Image

#3818 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:20 AM

Thanks to everyone pointing out the TRU sale. I had given up on finding really good deals at TRU, but the combo of the sale and a $10 off $100 purchase coupon I got in the mail made it pretty sweet. Finally got a TMNT set.

[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#3819 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:27 AM

Thanks to everyone pointing out the TRU sale. I had given up on finding really good deals at TRU, but the combo of the sale and a $10 off $100 purchase coupon I got in the mail made it pretty sweet. Finally got a TMNT set.

What else did you get, I'm tempted to go back and get the castle sets, their almost 50% off.

#3820 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:47 AM

What else did you get, I'm tempted to go back and get the castle sets, their almost 50% off.

I got the Hoth set mentioned here earlier plus the stage coach and Colby City Showdown sets. The castle gold getaway set at $10.98 is almost an actual 50% off MSRP. I picked up the last one.

#3821 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:55 AM

Yeah I need to go back sometime to get the Caste Gold Getaway.  $11 is just too good!  Hope they have some left along with some trees.

#3822 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:11 AM

Yeah I need to go back sometime to get the Caste Gold Getaway.  $11 is just too good!  Hope they have some left along with some trees.

I need to go back too, I just received an e-gift card from some promo they were doing.

#3823 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:13 AM

The $5 coupon?

#3824 guaglio

guaglio

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:07 AM

I got the Castle Gold Getaway for the nice price of $11, but I didn't think to scan any other Castle sets. Is anyone finding more Castle deals?

#3825 Meow mix

Meow mix

10 million hours!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:15 AM

I had about $10.xx of Amazon credit, and the UFO Alien Conquest was up for $23.xx for a good version on Amazon Warehouse Deals. Needless to say I was stoked to get that set for $12.xx out of pocket.

But something incredibly strange happened.

One of the new Hobbit sets was up on AWD. It was the Gol Dur set with Beorn for $20.00. It came up on AWD for like new for $17.xx. It went to purchase it and it was a like new set. But it said preorder this set for $17.xx. I pulled the trigger, interested more than anything to see what will actually happen.

I preordered a like new set that they aren't even selling yet. It says the anticipated delivery is December 4th. Has anyone else done this before?

Completed Game Tab: 2013 , 2014

Video Game Spending: 2014

"Fire Chaos Style, Kitchen Fist uber secret move! Hot Hot Sensitive Tongue Slash! Kiiiiiaaaaahhhhh!" - Mr. Champloo Disgaea 3

#3826 Antdogg50

Antdogg50

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:05 AM

Must be a set that got damaged at the warehouse or in shipment to them from Lego

I had about $10.xx of Amazon credit, and the UFO Alien Conquest was up for $23.xx for a good version on Amazon Warehouse Deals. Needless to say I was stoked to get that set for $12.xx out of pocket.

But something incredibly strange happened.

One of the new Hobbit sets was up on AWD. It was the Gol Dur set with Beorn for $20.00. It came up on AWD for like new for $17.xx. It went to purchase it and it was a like new set. But it said preorder this set for $17.xx. I pulled the trigger, interested more than anything to see what will actually happen.

I preordered a like new set that they aren't even selling yet. It says the anticipated delivery is December 4th. Has anyone else done this before?

#3827 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:18 AM

The $5 coupon?

Something else, the header said "Your 10% Back Holiday Rewards" from purchases I made between 9/8 and 10/31, I earned $10.07 that expired in Jan.

I got the Castle Gold Getaway for the nice price of $11, but I didn't think to scan any other Castle sets. Is anyone finding more Castle deals?

The only set I'm unsure of is Kings Castle but they are all 50% off at TRU right now.

#3828 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:37 AM

I was close to picking up another LR Train today...$65 is a really good price as you can use the money you save to motorize it.  But then I get the feeling that LR sets are going to universally clearanced like the Prince of Persia sets, and I bet I could get it for $50 or less.

10.99 was a way better deal for the LR train. King's Castle too. :razz: And yeah, I really like the LR sets and am hoping to pick up some more ofter Christmas. Could use a few teepees.

But I did go in to pick up the TMNT and Hoth sets. Picked up a tree and used a 7.xx credit they sent to my email. Pretty sweet deal all and all. May go in and get another Hoth set. They also had 3 of the Hobbit sets out at my local store, but MSRP so, meh.

#3829 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:00 AM

Does anybody know where to get the Lego series 4 Star Wars planets? I found them on Amazon.FR but I'm unable to check out with them.

#3830 guaglio

guaglio

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:29 AM

The only set I'm unsure of is Kings Castle but they are all 50% off at TRU right now.

Cool, thanks! I'll check on Kings Castle tomorrow.

#3831 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:48 AM

X wings $33.xx-37.xx on awd depending on condition. Pretty nice prices

#3832 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:02 AM

X wings $33.xx-37.xx on awd depending on condition. Pretty nice prices

There was a Heartlake CIty Pool for $22.50 that I was thinking about a few hours ago but it's no long there.

#3833 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:07 AM

There was a Heartlake CIty Pool for $22.50 that I was thinking about a few hours ago but it's no long there.

I saw that on there as well. Ordered it from Amazon when they dropped the price of the new ones. It is what my daughter really wants for Christmas.

#3834 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:28 PM

At TRU the big castle and the set with the dragon didn't have markdowns tagged when I was there yesterday. I didn't scan them though. Didnt need more temptations.

#3835 yukonrye

yukonrye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

I stopped by TRU last night to pick up an online order and decided to browse the LEGO section on a whim. I didn't know about the sale and picked up the TMNT Baxter set w/ the Xmas tree poly. I didn't notice any of the Castle stuff being marked down that much. The prices online aren't near 50% either (the TMNT Baxter set is though). Is this a YMMV thing with the Castle sets?

#3836 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

No, most of the Castle and Lone Ranger sets  are on sale at most stores, but some didn't have signs.

AWD has 79011 for $17.22, I didn't even know Amazon had the Hobbit sets yet.

#3837 sydra

sydra

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:26 PM

I ended up picking up the Technic tow truck at TRU, the first technic set I've ever bought.  Funny thing is, the big technic push in the early/mid 80s kept me from getting any LEGO as a kid.  There was about a 2-3 year period where I had a box of some other brand of building blocks and I REALLY wanted more, but you just couldn't find the basic tubs of bricks in stores around here, just the ugly ugly technic sets.

Posted Image

#3838 yukonrye

yukonrye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

Went to the other, nicer, TRU in my area and it was packed with people at 11:00 am. They had every set in stock so I picked up the Technic tow truck (plus another Xmas tree poly). I've already bought my oldest son the power functions motor set for Xmas and the tow truck is ready made to work with it. Great deal! 

#3839 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:42 PM

I just see Meow Mix stole my Alien Conquest set from AWD. :lol:  I already have it but was waiting for it to hit $20-ish.

Went back to TRU. The $13 and $20 Lone Ranger both not on sale. Small Castle set 25% off which is stupid for $1.50 more you get 109 more pieces.

Big Castle I think was $75.

Think they ran out of trees, but the woman in front of me had one, so they must be in the building somewhere.

#3840 Meow mix

Meow mix

10 million hours!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:36 AM

I couldn't resist at that price ;)

Completed Game Tab: 2013 , 2014

Video Game Spending: 2014

"Fire Chaos Style, Kitchen Fist uber secret move! Hot Hot Sensitive Tongue Slash! Kiiiiiaaaaahhhhh!" - Mr. Champloo Disgaea 3