LEGO Deals 3

• Please log in to reply
6272 replies to this topic

#1801 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

The Targets were built to be a certain size, and that size worked. Now however instead of making the stores bigger, or into Super Targets, they are adding food to stores that can't fit it, and the food isn't cheap and isn't needed. One of the stores was just built within the last 5-6 years and they added food now. If they wanted food, they should have made the store bigger when they built it. The one I normally go to will have food in a few weeks, but the new setup has already happened and there isn't enough room for two people to walk by, never mind carts. I can't wait to see Christmas time now with this stupid setup they have.

These Targets never had deals and it never bugged me too much, but now it's just a pain to get into the store to check if they have deals or polybags.

In LEGO news...

The best-selling product lines of 2012 were 1) City, 2) Star Wars, 3) Ninjago, and 4) Friends.

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#1802 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

I guess I never really noticed the grocery invasion at target, I thought they always had it but now that I look back on it I do remember a time when they did not sell food. I only used to go there around christmas time and now that I am back into legos I frequent the stores much more just to look for deals.

I stopped by another target today and found a bunch of friends polys but they all rang up at 3.99 but had a return price of 1.19. Wondering if they took them off clearance. While there I checked out the video game clearance and picked up a 360 media remote for 9.98.

I also stopped by TRU today and felt my way to a chicken man and the knight. Does anybody know if the BOGO 50% at TRU applies to only one item or multiple items? Now that I am looking at the sheet with all the series 9 figures, I sort of want to go back and get another chicken man, the waiter, the two faced guy, the judge, the police officer, and the plumber. They did cost 3.50 though, so I would really only want to go back if I can take advantage of the sale on all of them. It took me about 5 minutes and 10 different bags to find the chicken man today, along the way I found 3 police officers and two of the knights, nothing else interested me so I went with the knight.

While at TRU I browsed through the video game section and picked up two wii twilight remote skins for my girlfriend for a dollar and a disney epic mickey controller charger for 5 bucks, both on clearance.

Edited by golfer, 21 February 2013 - 10:46 PM.

#1803 GoAztecs

GoAztecs

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

Checked out the local Target, and I found one of the Chima bags. It went back to the $3.99 price, and there are a bunch of the Friends Ice Cream bags, but are also listed at $3.99. Good thing the five of each I picked up last week were still $1.19

I picked up four of Lego Bucket Set 6161 at Toys R Us for $12 on clearance.

#1804 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

The Targets were built to be a certain size, and that size worked. Now however instead of making the stores bigger, or into Super Targets, they are adding food to stores that can't fit it, and the food isn't cheap and isn't needed. One of the stores was just built within the last 5-6 years and they added food now. If they wanted food, they should have made the store bigger when they built it. The one I normally go to will have food in a few weeks, but the new setup has already happened and there isn't enough room for two people to walk by, never mind carts. I can't wait to see Christmas time now with this stupid setup they have.

These Targets never had deals and it never bugged me too much, but now it's just a pain to get into the store to check if they have deals or polybags.

In LEGO news...

The best-selling product lines of 2012 were 1) City, 2) Star Wars, 3) Ninjago, and 4) Friends.

No idea what you are talking about... the prices on groceries at Target easily beat out the traditional grocery stores around here.
FadeToOne.png

#1805 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

You can get ground beef here $3-$4 a pound, at Target it's $5.xx. Keep cuts of steaks were twice as much as I can find elsewhere. They had pears and oranges for some crazy prices like $1.19 a piece for a small pear. This was back in the fall, I just ignore the food section now. I usually go to Stop and Shop (which is a local thing, and used to be decent) and Aldi, no one beats Aldi's prices for chicken, and it's name brand chicken, not horse meat chicken. :lol:

The TRU sale seems to only be for one of an item online, however instore you can buy a whole box of series 9 if you like. I need to go there tomorrow to feel them up, I hope the sidewalks are somewhat clear.

I added 20 mini-figures to my cart on TRU.com. The total is 54.20. It seems to only give me 6 at 50% off. TRU can't even figure out basic math.

20 times $3.19 is 63.8. $63.8 times 75% is $47.85, not $54.20. *smh* :lol:

#1806 teknikalei

teknikalei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

I picked up four of Lego Bucket Set 6161 at Toys R Us for $12 on clearance.

Wow that's a great deal - I hope my local store has some of those, but I'm not holding my breath.

Would you be willing to sell one if I can't find them?

#1807 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:31 AM

Where do you guys find Legos on clearance at TRU? I walked around all the isles around the lego section and did not find anything on clearance. Does that mean its nonexistent?

#1808 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:48 AM

Checked out the local Target, and I found one of the Chima bags. It went back to the $3.99 price, and there are a bunch of the Friends Ice Cream bags, but are also listed at $3.99. Good thing the five of each I picked up last week were still $1.19

This. My son was buying the Kreo packs that were $2.99 but on clearance for $.89. We found 3 left today but they were back to $3. Man was he pissed.

I also returned a Weathertop set 2 weeks ago that I got for $42 on clearance...it is now back to $59.99. :-s

Posted Image

#1809 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:40 AM

Where do you guys find Legos on clearance at TRU? I walked around all the isles around the lego section and did not find anything on clearance. Does that mean its nonexistent?

Mine was right in the Lego section so yours might not have any.

#1810 GoAztecs

GoAztecs

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

Wow that's a great deal - I hope my local store has some of those, but I'm not holding my breath.

Would you be willing to sell one if I can't find them?

Sorry man, I already sorted out the parts in my collection.

#1811 Angriwooki

Angriwooki

Nacho Libre

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

So the wife wants me to set up a build area and get more organized or she's cutting the lego budget for my son and I.

What are you guys doing in terms of build-space, part storage and display?

#1812 GoAztecs

GoAztecs

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

For storage of bricks and plates I use storage containers similar to these but I think the ones I buy from Target are $1
For colors that need more room I use these. I also use them to store sets like the Echo Base, and smaller vehicle sets. For bigger sets that can't fit into them, that I really don't want to have built and sitting around I put all the parts in Ziplock bags, and I write the set number and name on a sticker label, and stick it on the bag, and a copy on the container so I know where to find them

#1813 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

I use the containers the LEGOs come in...
http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=4496-1

Then show box size plastic containers, and four big 20 gallon rubbermaid containers, two for whole sets, and two four massive amounts of parts I ran out of room and time trying to organize.

#1814 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

People open them?

#1815 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

So the wife wants me to set up a build area and get more organized or she's cutting the lego budget for my son and I.

What are you guys doing in terms of build-space, part storage and display?

I'm divorcing my wife.

Posted Image

#1816 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

I have recently run out of display room. I have a very accomodating, almost enabling wife, who got an Ikea shelf just for all of the creator houses I have. Now that I am out of room I have disassembled some sets and put them in freezer bags in storage bins. I figure I'll cycle them throughout the year especially seasonal ones like winter village sets and the haunted house. Also a few sets have gathered a nice amount of dust so taking them apart is also a great reason to wash them before they're put away too. Eventually the plan is to move into a bigger place with lots of display space.

#1817 crowbb

crowbb

Watch out for snakes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

I use some white frame with clear plastic individual drawer things I buy at Walmart. I think they are made by Rubbermaid. they come in varying sizes and are stackable. They are not particularly cheap but being stackable and varying sizes make them optimal for sorting Lego colors and other things.

#1818 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

Fuck. - My reaction after coming back from TRU.

They seemed to have had series 9, but are out because I only found one bag. The place was a zoo full of the normal local trash, but all the clearance was still there. I now know why. I bought six 30231 for $16.xx after tax. Cool bug, and neat torso, but I wish he was a blue guy to match the ADU. I then bought an alien mothership and the Cars V8 Cafe. Yay for finally getting the mothership, and for only $30. However I was checking out the Cars set and it was retaped, thus the "fuck". However it seems it is only supposed to have the 4 bags and a small sticker sheet so I should be OK. I think some little *BEEP* dumbfuck opened the set up to look for mini figures... idiots. This is why I flee this area. Stay away from Springfield MA unless you want to see trash like you have never seen it. Lego really needs to knock it off with the tape and go back to gluing. Screw the weirdos that want to save the boxes perfectly, LEGO is just asking for trouble with just a small piece of tape. Of course the reason why LEGO no longer does popup boxes that show off the special pieces is because they would be stolen. Yeah, the tape is wonderful at stopping stealing. Alien Mothership seems OK.

What I don't get is the Cafe came up $19.49, 50% and the mothership is $39.99 but with a "refund price" of $30.11, but the V8 has no refund price. Good to know that If I ever want one set TRU does do the 25% off thing, but if I had to return the V8 and they have one left would I get screwed?

Can't wait to build the mothership, I finally got it for the price I wanted and I saw a YouTube review and it makes sounds when it spins! That is so awesome, still should have two more minifigures.

#1819 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

I found a bunch of Mini Hogwarts Express polybags at Five Below today for $4.99.

#1820 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:22 AM

Picked up about 5 Series 9 mini-figs today. I got the judge, cop, gypsy, and Roman guy which were 4 I really wanted. The last one I got was the alien guy with blaster and vest, I grabbed it because I couldn't figure out which one it was. I did go through an entire display but couldn't find the girl with the bow and arrow and shield... If you have spares of that one I might be interested.

My Kmart has the Sith Infiltrators down to $52.00... I was tempted. They also marked the TIE Fighters down to $50 from $55, so I'll have to keep checking back to see if they go lower.

Overall didn't find anything today though... Went to the further out Walmart but their clearance stuff was cleaned out, and they moved the Whitecap Bay set to an endcap but still at $54. I might be more interested if I had actually seen the 4th Pirates movie. My local Walmart cleaned out their clearance stuff onto palettes and has them labeled as "Clearance/Deleted Toys."

Regarding the Chima and Friends polybags, I went through my Target today (picked up Rage Anarchy Edition for $10) and noticed in the Easter section that they had price tags out for the Chima and Friends polybags. That's probably why they went back up to full price. In the only complaint I think I've ever had about my local Target is the fact that they got rid of all their Valentine's Day stuff. I wanted to grab some of it on Clearance, but had to wait until today when I got paid. Unless they actually sold all of it.

#1821 Meow mix

Meow mix

10 million hours!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

Picked up about 5 Series 9 mini-figs today. I got the judge, cop, gypsy, and Roman guy which were 4 I really wanted. The last one I got was the alien guy with blaster and vest, I grabbed it because I couldn't figure out which one it was. I did go through an entire display but couldn't find the girl with the bow and arrow and shield... If you have spares of that one I might be interested.

My Kmart has the Sith Infiltrators down to $52.00... I was tempted. They also marked the TIE Fighters down to $50 from $55, so I'll have to keep checking back to see if they go lower.

Overall didn't find anything today though... Went to the further out Walmart but their clearance stuff was cleaned out, and they moved the Whitecap Bay set to an endcap but still at $54. I might be more interested if I had actually seen the 4th Pirates movie. My local Walmart cleaned out their clearance stuff onto palettes and has them labeled as "Clearance/Deleted Toys."

Regarding the Chima and Friends polybags, I went through my Target today (picked up Rage Anarchy Edition for $10) and noticed in the Easter section that they had price tags out for the Chima and Friends polybags. That's probably why they went back up to full price. In the only complaint I think I've ever had about my local Target is the fact that they got rid of all their Valentine's Day stuff. I wanted to grab some of it on Clearance, but had to wait until today when I got paid. Unless they actually sold all of it.

Man, I picked up the Sith Infiltrator for $27.xx at Walmart after their year end clearance. I had no idea it was as expensive as you have mentioned. The box has a small dent in it, but other than that it is brand new.

They had three and I picked up the one that was in the best shape. Kind of wishing I had got the other ones now.

Completed Game Tab: 2013 , 2014

Video Game Spending: 2014

"Fire Chaos Style, Kitchen Fist uber secret move! Hot Hot Sensitive Tongue Slash! Kiiiiiaaaaahhhhh!" - Mr. Champloo Disgaea 3

#1822 Meow mix

Meow mix

10 million hours!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

On a side note, how many UNOPENED Lego sets do you all have?

I was looking though my collection and I have....

36 unopened sets (my life seems to revolve around backlogs >.> )
22 Star Wars MTT, Tie Fighter and Star Destroyer Polys.
60+ unopened series 8 minifigs

I went a little crazy at the end of the year with the minifigs, but I see the prices the older series go for now, and I'm thinking in 5-10 years these might fetch a little more than the $1 I paid for them ;)

"Fire Chaos Style, Kitchen Fist uber secret move! Hot Hot Sensitive Tongue Slash! Kiiiiiaaaaahhhhh!" - Mr. Champloo Disgaea 3

#1823 crowbb

crowbb

Watch out for snakes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

That's a tough one. I have so many piled up and arranged every which way to minimize how much space the varying sized boxes take up, so it would be tough to count. I'd guess about 150ish boxes (Counting all sizes, even the tiny boxed things). Maybe another 100 polybags and similar things. Minifigs are one thing I don't wait around to open. I just can't resist seeing what I got (I rarely bother to feel them, just grab a bunch and go)

It's not that I don't build stuff, but I tend to buy it at a higher rate than I build it.

On a side note, how many UNOPENED Lego sets do you all have?

I was looking though my collection and I have....

36 unopened sets (my life seems to revolve around backlogs >.> )
22 Star Wars MTT, Tie Fighter and Star Destroyer Polys.
60+ unopened series 8 minifigs

I went a little crazy at the end of the year with the minifigs, but I see the prices the older series go for now, and I'm thinking in 5-10 years these might fetch a little more than the $1 I paid for them ;)

#1824 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

Went to TRU to take advantage of the last day of BOGO1/2 to finish of series 9. Picked up hollywood starlet, fortune teller, judge, battle mech, alien avenger, plumber, roller derby girl and the waiter

#1825 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:40 AM

S@H has the "spring" set that has two minifigures and a cherry tree with a whole bunch of Friends flowers for only $8. i was sure it would be $10-$13 being the wedding topper was $8 and is only two minifigures.

http://shop.lego.com...questid=2517811

And of course now Amazon has lowered the price of the Heavy Duty Police Helicopter to less than $40. I bought one from AWD for $37 because I figured it would never lower, I have been watching it for months. I bought it because it was probably going to be part of a second wave of Alien Conquest.

Edited by bigdaddy, 24 February 2013 - 06:53 AM.

#1826 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

ToysNBricks is saying that KMart has a 50% off clearance sale this week. Here was some things that sold out really quick last night...

http://www.kmart.com...D=5112601&aff=Y

And AWD had a City Police Station for $56 (44% off) and thankfully someone bought it before I could. I probably should have bought it, but $56 for the somewhat uncommon / rare garage doors and 18 widows and doors was still too much, I find it rather ugly. Plus at several times it was $50-$60. But I really like garage doors and only have two. :lol:

#1827 Meow mix

Meow mix

10 million hours!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

ToysNBricks is saying that KMart has a 50% off clearance sale this week. Here was some things that sold out really quick last night...

http://www.kmart.com...D=5112601&aff=Y

And AWD had a City Police Station for $56 (44% off) and thankfully someone bought it before I could. I probably should have bought it, but $56 for the somewhat uncommon / rare garage doors and 18 widows and doors was still too much, I find it rather ugly. Plus at several times it was $50-$60. But I really like garage doors and only have two. :lol:

That sith nightspeeder; I already have one unopened, but for $9.50 I would have easily bit on another one. I'm really aggravated about the tie fighter. I've wanted one for a while. I passed on a new one at Walmart for $35, thinking I would see it cheaper, but have not seen one that cheap since. To get one for $24 would be a steal IMO. Thats a must have for my collection!

#1828 Meow mix

Meow mix

10 million hours!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

I found a couple more Star Wars poly bags at Walmart on clearance. 5 Star destroyers. How could I say no? :D

I also saw the minifig cases (the small ones with a minifig head logo on them). I saw them at TRu and almost ordered a few of them. Glad I didn't drop the $5.xx at the time. They were $3.xx. I got one of each color. May have to get some more, they are really cool and slim, so storing them works like a glove.

#1829 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

Went back to Kmart today and got the TIE Fighter for $24.50 and the Infiltrator for $26.00. The Gungan Subs were also at the end of the Lego aisle with no actual price tag under them, but still scanned at full price.

Also of interesting note was that the two new Creator Mini sets scanned at $5.99 as opposed to their MSRP of $6.99. I've only seen this happen at my local Kmart though.

I also realized why I can't stand the new UCS X-Wing. There's basically three reasons behind it. One is the $50 upcharge, another one is that the R2-D2 mini-figure looks way too small for it, and the third is that while I know X-Wings will sell, I wanted my UCS A-Wing before another UCS X-Wing.

Edited by mweav067, 25 February 2013 - 12:11 AM.

#1830 Meow mix

Meow mix

10 million hours!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

Went back to Kmart today and got the TIE Fighter for $24.50 and the Infiltrator for $26.00. The Gungan Subs were also at the end of the Lego aisle with no actual price tag under them, but still scanned at full price.

Also of interesting note was that the two new Creator Mini sets scanned at $5.99 as opposed to their MSRP of $6.99. I've only seen this happen at my local Kmart though.

I also realized why I can't stand the new UCS X-Wing. There's basically three reasons behind it. One is the $50 upcharge, another one is that the R2-D2 mini-figure looks way too small for it, and the third is that while I know X-Wings will sell, I wanted my UCS A-Wing before another UCS X-Wing.

So it seems that the online clearance prices are also in store. Does this seem t be YMMV or can someone confirm this elsewhere?

We're the sets marked on clearance and did you have to scan them?