LEGO Deals 3

• Please log in to reply
6662 replies to this topic

#2461 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

I found a prisoner transport for $5.98 at Target earlier. Also went to the TRU minibuild for Jek's fighter. Searched for Mr Gold at both stores and of course came up empty. I'd like to say that I am giving up but I know every time I see S10 I'll probably be checking. Oh yeah my wife found of the Friends horse trailer sets for $4.99 at Target. Earlier in the week I went to the Lego SW minibuild and got the holocron droid.

#2462 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:17 AM

I picked up another B-Wing at the Lego Store, I couldn't help it. There were was a pretty big group before opening, I would say at least 20 people. The girl said they only had 90 sets and went through half in about an hour. Not to single out anybody but the Asians were in full force, I saw one guy buy 10 sets.

lol, I wasn't at mine =P

elessar123.png

#2463 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:31 AM

Whoa! Just got home and heard about the B-Wing. Shop at home had for sale -- I don't really care how long it takes to get here. Free shipping, free minifigure, and $15 off from VIP rewards. That's awesome!

I have had my eye on this set for awhile now. If you've seen it built in the store, it's really quite something. Glad I waited, and glad they let you order it even if it's not in stock.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#2464 crowbb

crowbb

Watch out for snakes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:14 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I went and grabbed one after missing out this morning.

Whoa! Just got home and heard about the B-Wing. Shop at home had for sale -- I don't really care how long it takes to get here. Free shipping, free minifigure, and $15 off from VIP rewards. That's awesome!

I have had my eye on this set for awhile now. If you've seen it built in the store, it's really quite something. Glad I waited, and glad they let you order it even if it's not in stock.

#2465 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

AWD Ninjago Samurai Mech for $26.77. It's been 29.99 before, but this is a good price + free shipping and possibly no tax.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#2466 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

AWD Ninjago Samurai Mech for $26.77. It's been 29.99 before, but this is a good price + free shipping and possibly no tax.

It's been in the $26-$28 range about 5 times now. It's a great sale. And the golden minifigures is better than Mr Gold.

#2467 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:51 AM

I found a prisoner transport for $5.98 at Target earlier. Also went to the TRU minibuild for Jek's fighter. Searched for Mr Gold at both stores and of course came up empty. I'd like to say that I am giving up but I know every time I see S10 I'll probably be checking. Oh yeah my wife found of the Friends horse trailer sets for $4.99 at Target. Earlier in the week I went to the Lego SW minibuild and got the holocron droid.

I took my son to the TRU build on Saturday also, they let us both build! My piece came from Lego- the one missing from the minecraft set.
Smile

#2468 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:25 AM

1700 minifigure Helm's Deep...

elessar123.png

#2469 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

Daaaayyyyyyuuuuuummmmm!
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#2470 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

I placed my order for the B-Wing at 12:02 AM on May 4th. Now I get an e-mail saying it won't ship for a while.

Not real happy about it, because my order should have been one of the first in the system. Oh well, not much I can do about it I guess.

#2471 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

Damn impressive. Good lord, where do people get the money to acquire that many figs and pieces?

#2472 WiiNet

WiiNet

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

Does it have to be the Iron Man from the Quinjet set? Is that one different/special for some reason? Because if you just want Iron Man, between the IM3 sets and the Loki Escape you can get it much cheaper.

Doesn't have to be that particular Iron Man, I just know a bunch of people were picked up the Quinjet cheap. I think I may just grab one of the IM3 sets. Target knocked a few bucks off (at least online) from a few super hero sets, if anyone cares.

#2473 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

Doesn't have to be that particular Iron Man, I just know a bunch of people were picked up the Quinjet cheap. I think I may just grab one of the IM3 sets. Target knocked a few bucks off (at least online) from a few super hero sets, if anyone cares.

Yeah the "Extremis boat attack" set is $18, my buddy demonchylde picked it up and it's pretty damn nice, not to mention Iron Man PLUS War Machine, talk about a win. And the Extremis guy can pass for a zombie so there's that...

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#2474 Believeland

Believeland

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

The giveaway Iron Man that comes with the drone is Mark VII which is in the Loki's Escape set. The Quinjet one is Mark VI. VI has the circle on the chest while VII has the triangle. I have little interest in the Quinjet but it is the only way to get Mark VI and Black Widow. Hopefully I find it on clearance.

#2475 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

You could save money and just buy the minifigs by themselves via ebay, amazon, bricklink, etc. Or buy the quinjet set, keep the figures and sell everything else online.

#2476 crowbb

crowbb

Watch out for snakes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

Wow, that is impressive. I can't imagine the expense to build that monster!

#2477 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

The giveaway Iron Man that comes with the drone is Mark VII which is in the Loki's Escape set. The Quinjet one is Mark VI. VI has the circle on the chest while VII has the triangle. I have little interest in the Quinjet but it is the only way to get Mark VI and Black Widow. Hopefully I find it on clearance.

I'd wait for the inevitable clearance on them at various stores. I picked them up for $23.98 each IIRC during the winter Target clearance.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#2478 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:15 AM

I'm more likely to just buy the superhero mini-figs I want from eBay at this point. I like the mini-figs, but the overall sets really don't impress me at all.

#2479 WiiNet

WiiNet

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:51 AM

I'm more likely to just buy the superhero mini-figs I want from eBay at this point. I like the mini-figs, but the overall sets really don't impress me at all.

That was my plan because I think the sets are all pretty third-rate, but I'm having issues tracking down the minis at a reasonable price.

#2480 Believeland

Believeland

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

That was my plan because I think the sets are all pretty third-rate, but I'm having issues tracking down the minis at a reasonable price.

Exactly! Maybe the figures will come down in price overtime, but right now they are so expensive it's hard not to justify just buying the sets. Hulk is going for $20 and Black Widow for $15. Hopefully a nice coupon comes along as I'd rater just buy Hulk's Breakout for $35/40 and get the additional figures then pay $20 for him by himself.

It looks like people have made some money just buying sets and breaking the pieces up.

#2481 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

I sometimes think about just buying minifigures but often it's easier to find a deal on the set where no matter how junky it is, the price is right for Lego pieces.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#2482 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

The Superhero sets I seem to actually like are the Batman vs. Bane set, the Spider-cycle set, and the Loki set with the truck. Otherwise they just don't impress me much, but if I really find them on the cheap I may grab them.

Got an email back from Lego stating that while my B-Wing is on back order, I will still receive the Han Solo mini-figure (which they are apparently shipping today or tomorrow).

#2483 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

Exactly! Maybe the figures will come down in price overtime, but right now they are so expensive it's hard not to justify just buying the sets. Hulk is going for $20 and Black Widow for $15. Hopefully a nice coupon comes along as I'd rater just buy Hulk's Breakout for $35/40 and get the additional figures then pay $20 for him by himself.

It looks like people have made some money just buying sets and breaking the pieces up.

If you are near a Fred Meyer the Hulk set is 34.99. So is the Teo Face set. Last eeek there was a 10% off coupon so I picked up the Hulk set. Saw a sign for theBatplane set with the Joker for 24.99 but there aren't any in stock at the stores by me.

#2484 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:29 AM

My B-wing from TRU arrived today... open. Anyone else who ordered one, could I ask a favor? I need a bag breakdown to see if I'm missing anything(don't want to ship back if I don't need to, and I'm not ready to put it together yet). Here's what I have and how they're labled:

Spoiler

#2485 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:59 AM

Seems right according to here

#2486 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:21 AM

Wow, thanks for the quick reply and link. Looks like I'm all set. Thanks prim!

#2487 Meow mix

Meow mix

10 million hours!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:09 AM

Yesterday I went to two separate toy stores, one TRU, one Walmart, one KMart, one Target, and NONE of them had ANY series minifigs. I'm not even so interested in series 10, I can't even find series 9!

Anyway tonight I thought I would try my luck at a separate Walmart and another Target. The Walmart didn't have squat, and the Target did have series 10. I bought 13 of them blindly, and wasn't too disappointed in what I got.

Overall though, I am not too impressed with Series 10. I also finally got the Orc Forge for the first time. I had been searching for it for a while, and was glad to get it, even at MSRP.

Completed Game Tab: 2013 , 2014

Video Game Spending: 2014

"Fire Chaos Style, Kitchen Fist uber secret move! Hot Hot Sensitive Tongue Slash! Kiiiiiaaaaahhhhh!" - Mr. Champloo Disgaea 3

#2488 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:17 PM

There is a mom and pop toy store in the mall I work at that is having a 40% off liquidation sale on everything including their big lego selection. I was about to drop some serious money in there but then I noticed the prices were marked up worse that TRU. $20 sets were $26-27. Ugh I would have bought so much otherwise. I'll have to keep my eye out for further drops.

#2489 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:00 AM

The B-Wing I ordered from Lego, which wasn't going to ship until the 16th, shipped yesterday. Sweet!

My B-wing from TRU arrived today... open.

TRU is a horrible company, but this is one of those times when they have decent customer service.

Call them or send them an email (if you don't want to talk to them). I ordered the Winter Cottage from them, and when it arrived, it looked like it had been dropped from a great height. I would have been pissed if it was a gift for someone else.

So I sent them an email. Within 2 days, I got an email promising me a 10% credit back, and this was delivered within a week.

It's worth doing, even if you don't care about the condition of the box, because it sends the message that they need to be concerned about the condition of the items they sell. Plus, I think if you get AWD quality goods, you should be paying AWD prices.

#2490 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:10 AM

I got my order placed on Saturday today. Just the vanilla x wing plus the ironman speedboat set. Got the Han and yoda poster too, but what was cool is that they threw in 3 series ten packs and the $20 Chima speedorz set for free! Way cool as I wanted to buy that for my son anyway.

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.