NHL 2012-2013 Season- Let's do this. Games start January 19

• Please log in to reply
884 replies to this topic

#421 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

Hee hee. I can't remember the Preds ever having a legitimate goal scorer. Like the best you guys had for the last 5 years or so was Erat and JP Dumont, Fischer perhaps (I may be totally forgetting somebody)? Oh wait Radulov but that didn't work out and Foresberg was destroyed by injuries when he showed up for a few games. Shame. He's my favorite player and I was excited when he played against us but those ankles man...
Seriously has Nashville ever had a 40 goal scorer on their roster?

Oh looks like people have stormed back into the thread. My post was intended for n8rockerasu.

P.S.
That Backes phantom hit to the head was baffling. As a Wings fan I felt a little off after knowing it contributed to that game.

Nope...never had a 40 goal scorer. Most was Steve Sullivan, with 33 in 2008-2009. Yeah, that Forsberg trade didn't work so well. They gave up a lot to get him too. They had Paul Kariya for a few years too. They've had a lot of good players, just either not the right guy...or not at the right time.

Radulov is just a dick. I think he sees himself as an Ovechkin...without actually having to earn it. What the team is left with is a bunch of blue collar, two way players who work hard, but just don't put up a lot of goals. I'm still happy to have a team full of hard workers, but somebody has to step up and be "the guy". I'm hoping Hornqvist could be that guy if they can keep him healthy. He's been right around 30 a couple times...in less than 82 games.

#422 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:19 AM

Carcillo... really... ? REALLY... ?

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#423 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:30 AM

I agree. I saw they called up a goalie. It's a mix of poor goal tending and soft D. How Stamkos turned over that puck still makes me scratch my head from last night. I say rebuild the team as well. Keep Stammer, Pouliot, Vinny, St. Louis and Conacher. Honestly, Conacher can hang with the big boys and I see him and Stamkos being the future of the team. Maybe they also need a new goalie coach as well. Just rebuild the whole organization. Vinick has the cash to do it.

A lot of fans seem to think that this goalie coach that they have is awful and frankly it wouldn't surprise me. When old man was playing goalie for us the past two years, he attributed his struggles to the goalie coaches suggestions. He said that once he stopped listening to the coach his play improved. I mean honestly, we worked how many years on Mike Smith? Then he goes to PHX and succeeds. Seems to happen to us. I also think part of the problem is that we have an offensive minded team but our system is geared more towards defense. I love Boucher but it may be time for him to go as well

Formerly known as slickkill77

#424 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

They should've never ended the lockout... That's all I'll say...

Trade List

#425 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

Have to laugh at the Sabres breakdown in the third. Nice juicy rebound on the tying goal by Elias. Then Miller gets the worst of it in the shootout.

#426 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:06 AM

Thank fucking god... Now Chicago can stfu with their damn win streak...

Trade List

#427 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:17 AM

Thank fucking god... Now Chicago can stfu with their damn win streak...

Hoping it starts a 10 game losing streak for them.

#428 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:18 AM

Why stop at 10...?

Trade List

#429 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

I really, REALLY enjoyed last night's game, lol.

#430 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:51 AM

As an Av's fan, I am quite pleased we were able to snap their streak. That said, we need to start winning some fucking games, damn!

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#431 HardcoreGamer360

HardcoreGamer360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

Hoping it starts a 10 game losing streak for them.

Nash Preds - 26 pts - Currently: 11th seed - -7 diff.

AND your hoping another team has a losing streak :applause::applause:

#432 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:29 AM

Nash Preds - 26 pts - Currently: 11th seed - -7 diff.

AND your hoping another team has a losing streak :applause::applause:

LMAO...who the Fuck are you? 2 points separates the #4 seed and the #11 seed. You act like they're just getting bombed out. As for hoping Chicago starts a 10 game losing streak, it would put the conference back into balance. And personally, it would just be funny after the start they had. If that bothers you, I've got some salty nuts you can suck on.

#433 HardcoreGamer360

HardcoreGamer360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:45 AM

LMAO...who the Fuck are you? 2 points separates the #4 seed and the #11 seed. You act like they're just getting bombed out. As for hoping Chicago starts a 10 game losing streak, it would put the conference back into balance. And personally, it would just be funny after the start they had. If that bothers you, I've got some salty nuts you can suck on.

Pens fan and there is no way they lose 10 straight. As for that last part, lol, what are we 12? cmon now!

#434 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:55 AM

Well they lost 2 in a row now. So 8 more and n8 has his 10 he asked for.
Posted Image

#435 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:04 AM

^Good

In related news... Another day, another period... another ga and another loss...

Trade List

#436 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:42 AM

Pens fan and there is no way they lose 10 straight. As for that last part, lol, what are we 12? cmon now!

If we're not 12, why rip on the Preds and make fun of me for hoping that the 1st place team in their division goes on a big losing streak? Seems a little personal and uncalled for...especially when you're not even a fan of said team.

#437 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

Who does VipFreak cheer for again?

Didn't realize that the Wings only won one game against the Blue Jackets this year. What the hell? We gave the Blue Jackets 4 wins. Almost half of their wins.

#438 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

Not sure why the old thread got closed...or if slickkill had any say in it, but there's definitely plenty more hockey to talk about this season. Lets start with this one

Perry given a 5 minute interference major and a game misconduct. Suspension surely to follow.

I gotta say, while the hit may not have been the most vicious ever, it was late as hell...which to me warrants any impending punishment. The timeliness of the hit is probably more dangerous, since the opposing player has let down his guard and is looking at the play going the other way.

And for those needing a refresher on Perry's head hunting history, he had a 4 game suspension for throwing an elbow on Claude Giroux back in 2009. You could probably argue that because of how hard he was coming into the corner, some contact was inevitable, but I think he saw and opportunity to light the kid up and went for it.

#439 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

The last suspension was in 09? That's a long time ago. I really don't know how to judge this one. If you watch in real time from the time the puck leaves Zucker's stick only 1 second passes by so I wouldn't consider this the latest of late hits. Could this be considered a blindside hit? Probably that. He never saw Perry coming and gets caught at a point where they are intersecting from the side. I don't know. If Zucker saw him this probably would have turned out differently. Don't envy the job of the player safety department on this one.

#440 Canadian_Man

Canadian_Man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

Wasn't all that late of a hit, he should have been looking where he was going and not at the puck he just sent backwards.

Clearly targets the head, will definitely be serving time.

#441 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

It looks like a tough one to call when it comes to the timing of the hit. However it does look like he did target the head and I'm not sure if it is just due to the impact or what, but it also looks like he came off the ice when he hit. Not as bad as the player from Phoenix during last years play offs, but it does look like he came off just a little bit. However like I said that could just be due to the impact.
Posted Image

#442 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

The thing is, Perry should have been thinking about what was going to happen as he came stalking into the corner. Either A) Zucker gets rid of the puck...in which case, he's getting there late. Or B) Zucker continues along the boards with the puck, giving Perry his back, causing a hit from behind. I just don't see how Perry thought there was legal contact to be made there...and it definitely looked like he put a little extra oomph on it. It's hard to say whether he "launched" himself because it doesn't look like his skates leave the ice until after he makes contact...but I could see an argument for him pushing off as well. If anything he timed his "launch" perfectly.

And you can say it was "only one second", but Zucker had enough time to be looking at where he was trying to pass the puck and then turn back toward the direction he was moving before the hit came. But it wasn't enough time for Perry to lower the intensity of the contact? Whether he specifically targeted the head or not, I think he saw the opportunity for a big hit, and was going to go for it regardless of where the puck was or how the player was positioned.

#443 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

Perry gets 4 games. Fine.

#444 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

That F(d)ucking tOOl deserved it...

Trade List

#445 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

New alignment approved!

Posted Image

#446 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

If I read correctly the NHL put both players at fault. Perry for the obvious reasons and Zucker because he should have been paying attention. They didn't come out and say it like that however the wording “In spite of the fact that all players need to be aware of their surroundings,..." makes me think in a way they are saying it is partly his fault.

http://prohockeytalk...r-violent-check

EDIT: Are they still going with the division names they announced the other week?
Posted Image

#447 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=328818

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#448 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

Yeah. That thread is closed. Were you up to some shenanigans that caused it?

#449 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:38 AM

Yay...my thread got merged and then this was closed again, lol. Not sure what happened there, but thank you to shrike (whom I messaged about it) or whoever took care of this. I was so confused for a little while there, haha. :lol:

#450 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:36 AM

I was trying to figure out what was going on with the hockey thread. Open, closed, new thread, closed, merged, still closed.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.