NHL 2012-2013 Season- Let's do this. Games start January 19

• Please log in to reply
884 replies to this topic

#481 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

Looking like Jon Cooper might be the new coach for the Lightning. We'll see how things go from there.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#482 Canadian_Man

Canadian_Man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:21 AM

Hmm...

Posted Image

#483 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:59 AM

Wow Iginla to Pittsburgh. Thats huge.

Edited by Vulcan2422, 28 March 2013 - 05:39 AM.

Vulcan7905.png

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#484 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:59 AM

O.o I don't get it...

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#485 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

Wow Penguins GM Ray Shero just made the rest of the league his bitch.

Posted Image
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#486 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

Good for the Kansas City Penguins.
Posted Image

#487 Canadian_Man

Canadian_Man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

How are they managing to stay under the cap? :-s

#488 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

I think the cap is all out of whack this year because of the lockout. I think they had like 8-9 million to spend at the start of the season. So that amount gets pro-rated and goes up the closer you get to the trade deadline.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#489 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:50 PM

Good for the Pens. Secretly happy Ken Holland didn't make a play for him. By the way what do the Flames really get in those two players? I don't care about first round picks. Doesn't mean enough to me.

#490 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

It's sad when an NHL player is put down to the AHL and replaced with an AHL player. Elliott is being sent down to Peoria for some games for reconditioning. I look for St. Louis to make a lot of changes or at least try to during the off season. They will be lucky to make it to the playoffs based on the way they have been playing.
Posted Image

#491 Canadian_Man

Canadian_Man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:33 AM

By the way what do the Flames really get in those two players? I don't care about first round picks. Doesn't mean enough to me.

This year's draft is suppose to be pretty good. Even then, that 1st round pick will practically be a 2nd round based on where Pittsburgh will likely finish at the end of the playoffs.

#492 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:49 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419405

Alright. Red Wings are looking at improving the defense. It's no secret that the blue line has suffered since Lidstrom retired and some haven't performed like expected (White has had a rough season being a healthy scratch, Erricsson is well not so great). I recall myself being harsh on Quincey when he joined the squad again but he's turned out to be fine with one of the best +/- on the team. The defense has been a work in progress this shortened season so here's hoping this signing strengthens the D.

#493 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:12 AM

The two players Pittsburgh gave up are absolute nobodies, neither was one of their top 10 prospects. Only significant piece is the late 1st.

Boston's offer was much better as it had the 1st, a legit prospect, and a bubble ahl/nhl guy who could play for Calgary right now. Iginla fucked Calgary and fucked Boston by being disingenuous about his intentions, he didn't have a list of 4 teams, he had a list of one.

#494 ElwoodCuse

ElwoodCuse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:03 AM

1. they had a ton of cap room at the beginning of the season
2. the cap is calculated every day so the closer you get to the trade deadline the more space you have. and in the playoffs there's no cap or roster limit at all

The two players Pittsburgh gave up are absolute nobodies, neither was one of their top 10 prospects. Only significant piece is the late 1st.

Boston's offer was much better as it had the 1st, a legit prospect, and a bubble ahl/nhl guy who could play for Calgary right now. Iginla fucked Calgary and fucked Boston by being disingenuous about his intentions, he didn't have a list of 4 teams, he had a list of one.

boo hoo hoo a guy who got a NTC in his contract used it to go where he wanted. if that's so terrible maybe GMs shouldn't hand them out like candy
But when his drinking and lusting and his hunger for power became known to more and more people, the demands to do something about this outrageous man became louder and louder.

#495 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

I'm so torn: I haaaaate Pittsburgh with every fiber of my being. No Pens fans is worth a Fuck when 5 years ago Lemieux was partying at every Las Vegas buffet he could trying to find a new home for the team. Fair weather scum of the highest order in this town (with the peculiar exception of the Pirates, but I have nothing to say on that one).

But I also haaaate the Bruins, Boston sports fans, and Jeremy Jacobs.

One must be gleeful and one must be miserable, but they are distinctly related to each other - so while I love the misery of Bruins fans' right now (and reading the comments section on an SB Nation article on the trade, seeing excitement transition to hesitancy to outright misery to fury - bloody incredible theater), the fact that it makes Pens fans happy dulls the sensations a bit.

At least they're contenders. Me? Well, I got baseball starting tomorrow, that's how well my team's hockey season is going. That Peter Laviolette hasn't been fired yet blows my mind.
Posted Image

#496 ElwoodCuse

ElwoodCuse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:58 AM

Fair weather scum of the highest order in this town (with the peculiar exception of the Pirates, but I have nothing to say on that one).

what towns aren't? people like their teams better when they win, film at 11
But when his drinking and lusting and his hunger for power became known to more and more people, the demands to do something about this outrageous man became louder and louder.

#497 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

Never liked Don Cherry but my god does the whole Coaches Corner now piss me off with the Maple Leafs not being terrible. This is like some Dallas Cowboys or New York Yankees ball washing by ESPN.

Looking forward to watching Wings vs Blackhawks today. Chicago has been dominating us in the regular season for some time now and the games this year were close and fun (I think both were 2-1). Since Chicago has been a little more mortal since the end of their streak I'm hoping the Wings can grab 2 points.

#498 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

Many towns are, certainly - but how many of those towns' teams actively and openly are shopping for a new city to move to because they aren't financially viable in their current town? A team angling to get the city to pay for a new stadium by threatening to move is one thing (and a very unfortunate thing, yet not the topic of conversation), but looking to move because you can't afford to stay is another. Pittsburgh is in the latter category.

So that, to me, is the distinction.
Posted Image

#499 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

That was tough to watch. All hope was gone after the quick 2nd period goals. Sure there were lots of shots on net but rarely were there any scoring chances. Abysmal way to celebrate Gordie Howe's birthday. Gustavsson didn't play well either after replacing Howard.

#500 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

Love when Tampa wins, but even when they lose we still support them and still a sold out crowd. Even with the playoff hopes gone, still a sold out stadium.

Myke, you see the picture of of Eric Lindros? Holy shit dude, talk about letting your self go.

As to what Myke said, it was really classy of Vinick to dish out his own money for the Stadium. He believes in that much of the community. Hell, with the lockout, nobody lost their job at all and even got two weeks vacation. He is probably one of the classiest owners really helping the community and not caring if he gets that money back. When the lockout was still in effect, he was still giving away 50k to a community hero for every home game. I just wish more owners were like Vinick.

Vulcan7905.png

#501 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

Myke, you see the picture of of Eric Lindros? Holy shit dude, talk about letting your self go.

I saw a photo a few weeks back at a celebrity game where he was stretching his sweater and it didn't look like he was wearing any gear underneath it. Also, extra laffs for the Dallas Stars' helmet he had on. :lol:

As to what Myke said, it was really classy of Vinick to dish out his own money for the Stadium. He believes in that much of the community. Hell, with the lockout, nobody lost their job at all and even got two weeks vacation. He is probably one of the classiest owners really helping the community and not caring if he gets that money back. When the lockout was still in effect, he was still giving away 50k to a community hero for every home game. I just wish more owners were like Vinick.

Between what you're saying here and the $200 season tickets you mentioned weeks back, that's a straight up classy owner for sure. Tampa's lucky to have that kind of dude.
Posted Image

#502 Canadian_Man

Canadian_Man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:21 AM

Heres a beauty

#503 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

Starting to feel bad for the Stars. The fans only get a few months of Jagr and the team has now given up this season. A real waste by Joe Nieuwendyk.

#504 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

Not a bad trade deadline. Columbus landing Gaborik sure caught me off guard and I wonder who will benefit the most from the Ottawa/Tampa trade (Conacher for Bishop). I know who my most hated team in the west is for the rest of the season. San Jose for acquiring Torres. Two things that made me chuckle is Redden going to the Bruins (do the Bruins really need him?) and Vancouver for not being able to solve their Luongo issue. Though for Luongo I can see him being viable after the end of the season when some team may get very desperate for a starting goaltender.

#505 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

Sad to see Marty Jr get traded. Hopefully this goalie works out for the Lightning because god knows we can't find a working goalie.

Formerly known as slickkill77

#506 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

Rumour has it Caps are about to announce a megaton. Perhaps the GM is calling a conference of his firing. :lol:

#507 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

Doubt it. His GAA isn't that far off from Lindbacks. Solve the D problem first and then work on a goalie. Honestly, the goalie coach needs to go as it was either Mike Smith or another goalie that said that once he stopped listening to the goalie coach and did his own thing, he played much better. Conacher slowed down without Vinny and getting Hall and putting him on waivers made no sense. Maybe Yzerman will be next on the chopping block. I will say, watch out for Radko Gudas, kid has a lot of potential and actually goes for the check. If they trade him I'll lose faith in this club.

Vulcan7905.png

#508 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419794

Oh my. Washington has got to be kidding for waiting this long to announce "MARTIN ERAT EVERYBODY!!!". Anyways good for Nashville getting a top of the line prospect. Nice job by Poile for fleecing the Caps.

#509 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

Doubt it. His GAA isn't that far off from Lindbacks. Solve the D problem first and then work on a goalie. Honestly, the goalie coach needs to go as it was either Mike Smith or another goalie that said that once he stopped listening to the goalie coach and did his own thing, he played much better. Conacher slowed down without Vinny and getting Hall and putting him on waivers made no sense. Maybe Yzerman will be next on the chopping block. I will say, watch out for Radko Gudas, kid has a lot of potential and actually goes for the check. If they trade him I'll lose faith in this club.

It was old man Dwayne that said that about the goalie coach last year. Bishops GAA is almost .5 lower (2.44 v 2.88) and his save percentage is much better .922 vs .902
If he doesn't look like a statue out there and give up soft goals he's automatically better than Lindback. A lot of our young guys look really good that we've been calling up lately. Hopefully they swing another deal or two for some of the older guys that they have

Looks like Marc Andre was the only other deal we made besides some minor league swap

Edited by slickkill77, 03 April 2013 - 10:57 PM.

Formerly known as slickkill77

#510 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

I'll miss Dorsett :cry: NY is getting one heck of a player! However, so long Mason and Brassard. :bouncy: Also, not giving up any of the 1st round picks = WIN!!

JD is flying to NY to pick up Gaborik right now to pick him up and take him down to Nashville to suit up tomorrow night! :D

Very excited! \\:D/

He can score and hopefully just needed a change of scenery.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image