DJMAX Technika Tune VITA LIMITED EDITION preorder, only 750 total $100

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.technikatune.com/
482920_415571475171124_1956579389_n.jpg

Just announced on the DJ Max facebook. DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE Limited Edition pre-orders start on Monday, September 24th. Limited to 750 pieces, the preorder includes all of the following:

-DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE PS®Vita game
-2 Disc Original Soundtrack for DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE
-DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE VISUAL BOOK featuring artwork from the game
-DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE Hand Strap
-DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE Screen Cleaner
-DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE branded armored PS®Vita game case
-DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE PS®Vita Pouch

The Limited Edition will be sold for $100 and is available for purchase exclusively on www.technikatune.com

The normal edition comes out in October 26th for $49.99 as well.

http://www.bemanistyle.com/forum/co...o-the-US-on-October-26th-Preorders-begin-9-24

Anyone interested in how it plays...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLTlzfWSLIM

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa.

Okay, so I got a question. From what I've seen about these games, apparently they have a huge cult fan base and stuff like this will probably sell out on Monday. As someone who has never bought a DJ Max game but is interested in playing one (I've been looking at DJ Max Portable 3 forever), should I get this? The bonuses seem awesome.

Because this is so limited and I heard it is a popular game series, I guarantee this limited edition will probably sell out quick and have lots of people selling it for ridiculas prices on eBay. I might get one myself for collectors sake, who knows.

I like this game but I don't think I'm hardcore enough to buy this. Won't stop me from going to Round One though :D

These LEs don't sell as much as you'd think or as fast as you'd think. It took them a month to "sell out" their last LE release and that was at a quantity of 1,000.

I'm going in for one because I want to expand my Vita collection ASAP since the thing's dusty, but temper your expectations for resellability of this stuff because even the imported LEs don't sell for very much.

[quote name='masterkyo']i don't care the bonuses. Just gimme the game for $20-ish.[/quote]

full retail price game =x

[quote name='Jiggaloj']Does this version have button layouts for songs instead of the touchscreen?[/QUOTE]

No, only the touchscreen
you can turn rear touchscreen option

[quote name='Kstyle']No, only the touchscreen
you can turn rear touchscreen option[/QUOTE]

Bummer. Hope they release a version using the buttons in the future.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']These LEs don't sell as much as you'd think or as fast as you'd think. It took them a month to "sell out" their last LE release and that was at a quantity of 1,000.

I'm going in for one because I want to expand my Vita collection ASAP since the thing's dusty, but temper your expectations for resellability of this stuff because even the imported LEs don't sell for very much.[/QUOTE]

Yep, even before the last LE, they had another edition or two that were even more limited (a few hundred copies each) and those took a while to sell and resale on Ebay was barely higher than MSRP even a year or two later. Personally, I like the earlier games and will probably pick this up because I have the previous CE, but anyone hoping to flip these for tons of profit is in for a bumpy ride. This is a niche version of an already super niche game. Heck, even the regular edition of the prior game was limited to 5000 copies and those are still widely available for below MSRP of $40.

Might as well. Got DJ Max Fever & Portable 3 (though not the LE), and I've been waiting for some time for them to confirm a release date along as to when they'd be doing pre-orders for this. Slightly overpriced, but still decent overall. I just hope I don't have to grind as much in the past games to level up....

BTW, the official release date is Oct. 26th. & from what I remember, the visual book is about 124 pages, OST is 72 songs, and the game itself has about 67 songs, though there'll be DLC later on.

I will buy this but given some of what I'd heard about the Ez2DJ team coming over why can't they buy all the song rights and release a version of DJMax Portable with all of those songs?
Mario Bolden is supposedly an employee at Verizon but I have no idea of his location.

[quote name='Jiggaloj']Bummer. Hope they release a version using the buttons in the future.[/QUOTE]

It is meant to be played with the touch screen just like the arcade versions. They won't add buttons to it

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Okay, maybe I'll pass on this game and just get DJ Max Portable 3, it looks confusing as fuck.[/QUOTE]
Just a warning: Portable 3 is by far the worst DJ Max game.

[quote name='BJownes']Just a warning: Portable 3 is by far the worst DJ Max game.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, really? Why you say that?

And for people who are familiar with the way this game works, is it easy to pick up? It seems like with the touch screen controls and my fingers covering up the screen, it will be hard to do well especially with it going forward across the top and reverse across the bottom.

I also don't know exactly how good they are with actual rhythm. I downloaded Groove Coaster and a lot of the songs had you hitting beats that were completely off beat and it drove me nuts.

The cover and pouch go well with the upcoming white AC Vita... I sort of like how the game is played, it looks like fun :) But alas, $100 is too much. I skipped the Namco's No Ni Kuni bundle and that comes with a lot more stuff.

Not sure which version I'll go for (most likely the "game only" version, but I do plan to reserve my copy of the game so that way I can have it for my birthday.

[quote name='atomicmouse']It is meant to be played with the touch screen just like the arcade versions. They won't add buttons to it[/QUOTE]

I'm used to the button versions on the PSP. Guess I'll stick to those.

I liked Technika 3 at the arcades, I will probably get the standard version when it comes out, not really into collector editions although it does have some nice stuff in it.

I guess I'll be getting the standard edition. I'm just happy that it's gonna be available to us in the States.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Somebody had to ask: do they charge now or when it ships?[/QUOTE]

Don't know, we don't even know who is doing fulfillment for them. Last time they used a private website in the US to take preorders (Bemanistyle) and I believe they used Paypal only.

[quote name='Kstyle']difficulty level 5/10

you need ALL S+ (99%)
99,999 combo ect

its not suppppper hard but it is skill oriented[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I should have added an additional question: are you a DJ Max pro? I watched a video of one of the later songs in DJ Max Portable 3 and the shit blew my mind with how fast the guy's fingers were moving. I guess it gets easier with practice like everything though.

[quote name='M3wThr33']Ordered mine weeks ago. Will go with the rest of my LEs.[/QUOTE]

How did you do that if pre-orders don't go up until Monday?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Hmmm, I should have added an additional question: are you a DJ Max pro? I watched a video of one of the later songs in DJ Max Portable 3 and the shit blew my mind with how fast the guy's fingers were moving. I guess it gets easier with practice like everything though.

How did you do that if pre-orders don't go up until Monday?[/QUOTE]

He probably ordered the Japanese version that is available through Play-Asia.

[quote name='bojay1997']He probably ordered the Japanese version that is available through Play-Asia.[/QUOTE]

Looks like we got the better Limited Edition of this game.

[quote name='Kstyle']difficulty level 5/10

you need ALL S+ (99%)
99,999 combo ect

its not suppppper hard but it is skill oriented[/QUOTE]I've have to say it's more time-consuming, especially leveling up & getting that freakin' 99,999 combo (to think I did this in BOTH Fever & Portable 3. Just glad you can save your combo after leaving Freestyle, not to mention going to the Vita menu if you broke a very high combo).

[quote name='Jack_Frost']*sees DJ Max*

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, exactly my thoughts. This is a definite preorder for sure.

And to those ppl complaining about the lack of button input, obviously you've never played the game so you don't realize how it wouldn't work (or if so it would be really boring). Imagine trying to play Elite Beat Agents on DS without the touchscreen support.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Yeah, exactly my thoughts. This is a definite preorder for sure.

And to those ppl complaining about the lack of button input, obviously you've never played the game so you don't realize how it wouldn't work (or if so it would be really boring). Imagine trying to play Elite Beat Agents on DS without the touchscreen support.[/QUOTE]

Haven't the previous three games had button input?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Haven't the previous three games had button input?[/QUOTE]

DJMAX Portable is a completely different game, more akin to beatmania. Techinka is all touch, similar to Elite Beat Agents.

Think of it more like a cross between Lumines and Elite Beat. It's amazing; we have one in an arcade in Houston and I've played it an AWFUL lot.

As someone that bought the dj max fever collectors edition (that sat on my shelf for at least a year or two), I ended up selling it for $20 less than I paid after all taxes and fees.

I'm really indecisive about this. I might just buy the regular edition and call it good.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']DJMAX Portable is a completely different game, more akin to beatmania. Techinka is all touch, similar to Elite Beat Agents.

Think of it more like a cross between Lumines and Elite Beat. It's amazing; we have one in an arcade in Houston and I've played it an AWFUL lot.[/QUOTE]

What arcade?

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']DJMAX Portable is a completely different game, more akin to beatmania. Techinka is all touch, similar to Elite Beat Agents.

Think of it more like a cross between Lumines and Elite Beat. It's amazing; we have one in an arcade in Houston and I've played it an AWFUL lot.[/QUOTE]

I've heard due to the much smaller screen of the vita compared to the arcade makes the game very difficult to play with the interface.

What do you think about these claims having played it on arcades before?

[quote name='namster1337']What arcade?[/QUOTE]

The Galleria Mall Tilt.

[quote name='Slade']I've heard due to the much smaller screen of the vita compared to the arcade makes the game very difficult to play with the interface.

What do you think about these claims having played it on arcades before?[/QUOTE]

The game.does get pretty hard at higher difficulty levels so using your thumbs to hit the notes are going to be a bit harder, but I could welcome that as long as the screen is responsive enough. At that point its all about practice.

But it could work better in theory because since the screen is smaller, you don't have to move as far to hit some of the more complex notes (particularly tracers). I guess we'll find out.

[quote name='zohar']They should really put this game on iPad..[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with that. That and Android.

bread's done
Back