Forza Horizon

• Please log in to reply
306 replies to this topic

#271 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

Would love to see a sale on both season passes... Anyhow, I got mine, but I loaded mine up soon after you told me. A day or two at most. (Though to be honest. I think that stuff sits for a very long time. I was a VIP in Forza 3 too and stopped playing and came back to it more than a year later and gifted me like 10 cars on the spot.

It seems that only people who have raced online got the car in Forza 4. I just started up Forza 3 UC for the very first time and I had six Turn 10 messages with gift cars so they definitely changed how they gift cars between 3 and 4.

Finally tried the online. Pretty good, but I wish when you are sitting waiting for a race to finish (when you first join), that it would let you watch the race. Move the camera about and such. That would kill time much better then just staring at a lap count.

Wish you could watch races while waiting and after finishing.

Yeah, it gives you a lap count for circuits. On street races you're left twiddling your thumbs wondering how much longer though. I really like the online, apart from the few jerks I've come across that cuss up a storm if anyone even comes close to bumping them!

That's better than the room I was in where everyone was taking eachother down burnout style. Every time I had the lead someone would wreck me on purpose instead of just passing. Very frustrating.

The Honda pack doesn't seem to include a track. It just mentions the 3 cars. I'll take it, though. You do wonder, though, why you have to pay anything at all for any car. It's all advertising, in effect. They should be paying us! :)

No track for this, just three cars. The track was voted for on the dashboard and it will be red rocks. Should be raceable under the monthly rivals.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#272 pyoobez

pyoobez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

That's better than the room I was in where everyone was taking eachother down burnout style. Every time I had the lead someone would wreck me on purpose instead of just passing. Very frustrating.

Eh, it's frustrating and haven't played the online part but I have a feeling it'll be better than the closest game to this, TDU2. There were so many obvious modders in that game and Atari did nothing. People had the highest level without achievements needed to get there and you'd see cars that had the max tuned level listed that shouldn't have had levels listed as they weren't tune-able.
Posted Image

#273 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

it's really sad that there are people that feel the need to cheat in order to feed their sad egos...

#274 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

That type of game is some of the more fun ones I've played! If everyone wants to bump 'n grind I go right along with it. But it's when everyone's respectful and you get one or two guys that do that that I get PO'd.

#275 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

I am now afraid to play online... because I tend to bump into other cars, not out of spite, but because I'm a bad driver. LOL!
Posted Image

#276 Phased

Phased

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

Is anyone able to invite people to the CAG car club?

#277 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

That type of game is some of the more fun ones I've played! If everyone wants to bump 'n grind I go right along with it. But it's when everyone's respectful and you get one or two guys that do that that I get PO'd.

I was testing a car with great acceleration and lower speed and kept taking the lead only to be purposefully crashed when they could have just passed me which made catching up that much harder. It was a burnout race to them...

I am now afraid to play online... because I tend to bump into other cars, not out of spite, but because I'm a bad driver. LOL!

People realize stuff happens but continuously wiping out other cars is frowned on. I have totally taken someone out on accident, recovered first, then waited for them to drive off first because I felt bad.

Is anyone able to invite people to the CAG car club?

Look for inmateofarkham.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#278 WickedBlackTrauma

WickedBlackTrauma

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

There are quite a few people wanting to join the club and as it was (still is?) full up maybe its time to set a restriction? Gotta have Purple, Gold or Finalist? just putting it out there!

#279 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

Hit level 50 on a friend's account and was disappointed the rewards stopped. They should throw a lottery pick in at least every now and then once you hit green!

#280 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

There are quite a few people wanting to join the club and as it was (still is?) full up maybe its time to set a restriction? Gotta have Purple, Gold or Finalist? just putting it out there!

Seems like there will be enough for a second club.

Hit level 50 on a friend's account and was disappointed the rewards stopped. They should throw a lottery pick in at least every now and then once you hit green!

Or a big prize for hitting a new color. Disappointing the way it is. Once I hit 50 I'll probably lose more interest. At least then I won't be afraid to buy cars because I may win them leveling up.

Can't believe only 3 of us tried the community bounty. I just beat Johniwanna's time who isn't going to try anymore. Looks like a Ferrari Dino will be coming my way!
Posted Image
Now playing:

#281 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

Can't believe only 3 of us tried the community bounty. I just beat Johniwanna's time who isn't going to try anymore. Looks like a Ferrari Dino will be coming my way!

What did I miss out on?

Car Club; Truth be told... I have no way to know who's active and whose not without jumping through some serious hoops so its not likely you will see any new members added to the club.

#282 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Beat johniwanna, a 1:48.3 something, in the monthly rivals Stampede. Its on the far right. Do it before 8 am pst today. I suggest going to the Forza community event thread for this and finding prime barricade or satniteeduardo's builds to maximize speed. I won with prime's gt500, basically fully upgraded engine, transmission parts, wider tires. And rewind is your friend.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#283 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

The Honda competition is going on too if you registered. He posted a seriously hard time. Not sure when that one ends.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#284 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Beat johniwanna, a 1:48.3 something, in the monthly rivals Stampede. Its on the far right. Do it before 8 am pst today. I suggest going to the Forza community event thread for this and finding prime barricade or satniteeduardo's builds to maximize speed. I won with prime's gt500, basically fully upgraded engine, transmission parts, wider tires. And rewind is your friend.

Really have no chance on this one... Found out with less than an hour and all the cars I could use blow something serious.

Impressive run. I tried to follow in your "footsteps" but I was pretty much out of it after the first set of turns every time.

#285 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

Really have no chance on this one... Found out with less than an hour and all the cars I could use blow something serious.

Impressive run. I tried to follow in your "footsteps" but I was pretty much out of it after the first set of turns every time.

The key for me was finding a ghost to follow/use to see better lines which means lots of cuts off road, counter intuitive to typical Forza racing, and using rewind to death. One race probably took fifteen minutes! Kinda wish they disabled rewind for it. I bet the leaderboards would look much different.

The first five turns and the big right are the difference makers in several seconds.

#286 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

I just found out about it last night and spent a couple hours trying to put together a build to beat him. I wish I had known about that thread, because I didn't even come close to beating him. I think I had another 8 seconds to shave off. The cars they put in your way are diabolical! Not to mention those two turns in the middle... :bomb:

I'll try the Honda, I didn't know about that one, thanks!

#287 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

Nevermind about the Honda event, apparently you had to preregister, which really sucks. Alot of people missed that fact and are pissed.

#288 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

EASY UNICORN OPPORTUNITY: Facebook Challenge #3.
All you have to do is go to race central and enter monthly rivals. Post a time in the Facebook Challenge #3 event. If you do that much before 5pm EST Thursday 1-31 you get the unicorn with the most votes. Or go here :

http://forums.forzam...ad/5975266.aspx

and vote and then you get the unicorn you vote for.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#289 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:11 AM

The key for me was finding a ghost to follow/use to see better lines which means lots of cuts off road, counter intuitive to typical Forza racing, and using rewind to death. One race probably took fifteen minutes! Kinda wish they disabled rewind for it. I bet the leaderboards would look much different.

The first five turns and the big right are the difference makers in several seconds.

there's no penalty in any way for using rewind? i've never used it before.

#290 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:26 AM

there's no penalty in any way for using rewind? i've never used it before.

I don't see any penalty for the rewind at all and it's pretty much unlimited as far as number of uses. You can only go back so far though. If you aren't going to use it, turn it off and you'll get more cash for racing on a higher difficulty. I liked Dirt better where you had a limited number of rewinds and had to strategize whether or not to use it. Plus, if you used it you wouldn't have your time put to the leaderboard while in Horizon it does go to the leaderboard.

I think I got my unicorn for the facebook challenge already even though they said Monday would be the day they were gifted. I got two though as I've been posting in threads on the forza forums as well and they'll reward that with unicorns as well. Got the Fiesta Zetec and Miata Superlight which has no windshield?!!!
Posted Image
Now playing:

#291 ffman

ffman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

Is it still possible to join the CAG car club?

I got Horizon for Christmas (picked it up when it was on sale for $15 on Black Friday).

#292 winterlane

winterlane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

A little bit OT, but does anyone know if the US version has a Spanish subtitles option?

#293 pyoobez

pyoobez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

Ford County Squire + Shelby GT500 engine + some other mods to get it to A500 = tons of fun. The fishtailing is just enough to help on turns while still being easily correctable for straight stretches.
Posted Image

#294 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

Ford County Squire + Shelby GT500 engine + some other mods to get it to A500 = tons of fun. The fishtailing is just enough to help on turns while still being easily correctable for straight stretches.

Yeah, I gotta say, doing the engine conversions on some of the older cars is one of the more fun things in this game. It's pretty hilarious hearing these little unassuming cars just roaring with power.

#295 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Heads up for the Game with Devs tonight. Anyone else going to try to get on with them?

#296 WickedBlackTrauma

WickedBlackTrauma

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

what time?

#297 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

It was 9 EST to midnight last night.

#298 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

Hmmm. Watch the state of the union or play Forza? Easy choice no matter who the president is. I tried it but couldn't get in a race. They had people post gamer tags and unicorn choice at the end and said they would award randomly.

Today at 10 (EST or pst, can't remember) am there is a facebook challenge, but as long as you post a time in the facebook challenge rivals event within 24 hours you'll get a unicorn. Vote for your choice in the Forza forums to choose a specific unicorn. Not sure if this is a horizon or Forza 4 event.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#299 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

I see the CAG club is full. Is there anyone interested in starting another one?

#300 Only One Haze

Only One Haze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

Who has tried the Rally Expansion? Fun? Worth it? Finally completed the game a couple days ago, so much fun.