Forza Horizon

[quote name='Monsta Mack']How big is this game in terms of size compared to TDU2? Is it free roam like TDU2 or is it just invite free roam only?[/QUOTE]Just did a Street Race where it was pretty much from corner to corner of the map. (SW to NE)

It took about 9:30 in an S class car.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Alot is ripped right from Dirt 2 & 3. Just played mp for the first time and it has three party modes including Infected (Outbreak) and Cat and Mouse (Cat and Mouse!) which are just like Dirt 3. Still fun as always though. Even stole a song from Dirt 2.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow really lol.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I'm pleased and satisfied with this game, it has met my expectations for what they said it would be. Only annoying bit is when you hit a car head on it just bounces off. I would've liked a little more damage and/or realism for that.[/QUOTE]Agreed, there should be more of a penalty for crashing into traffic. This isn't nfs or burnout.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Doesn't have the DiRT menus though.[/QUOTE]Fixed. Although the race recap screen is pretty reminiscent of Dirt.

frsb.jpg

Vip, that's sweet looking! :applause: (I'll see if I cannot figure out how to get some pictures of my own designs up.)

Single player... I just finished it, or well, I finished the "story" as I still have a ton of events (both bracelet, street, and I think one or two showcase events) left but my thoughts on the game after quite bit of time in SP.

All and all the game is quite amazing... My complaints are, really, really, minor and many of them are just nitpicking.

Single Player
Content; There certainly isn't a lack of it... but it does seem a bit lite compared to a Forza Motorsport title... Then again FM repeats so many events with just a simple change (Change in class, etc.) that its not a real fair comparison... I guess what it really comes down to I enjoyed Horizon so much that I wouldn't be upset if it had more.

Traffic; It almost seems without fail to be lined up against me... and not the CPU racers. Though, it does make it quite funny when they are taken out. Like others I think the punishment for hitting them is a bit lite and I think an option should have been included for something more punishing for while racing but not for just driving around... I think if it was more punishing in free mode it would likely just add frustration and not fun. (Then again I got pretty much consumed the last few days with getting from Race A to Race B as quick as possible... and my popularity rank shows it. I'm still forty something.

Cutscenes; After the heavy use of cutscenes in the beginning I was rather surprised by the lack of them toward the end of the game... (This isn't really a complaint... Just an observation.)

Vinyl/Car Painting; If I have my radio turned off why am I forced to listen to the same three songs while designing stuff?

Car Painting Part 2; Why can I not paint the Forza Wing when using it?

Driver Avatar; Your character never speaks, I'm pretty close to certain that his gender is never mentioned, so why isn't their an option for a female driver?

Manufacture Races; Ferrari, Ford, Aston Martin, Chevrolet, Lamborghini, all of them and then some should have races that are restricted to their makes only... but why is there one for Bentley when everyone is forced to drive the same thing...? (The Bentley Continental.)

Roads; This sort of goes with the above mentioned “Content” section but as many roads as there is I'm sort of disappointed by the lack of real mountain passes.... There's not one switchback in the game after all. \

Anyhow, like I said... Real nitpicking and none of it really takes away from the game or my enjoyment of it...

I will say I hope the next Horizon has weather to go along with its night driving... (and I hope the next FM has both.)

Question for anyone who has finished the campaign.

Did Flynt finish the pink slip race when you beat him? Somehow he only completed 65% of the race for me... I even left it at the race results screen for 5-10 minutes while I was away and came back to no change.

Horizon recognizes your Forza 3 and 4 saves and gives you cars based on that, right? How do you know if it found your old saves?

Last edited by a moderator:
When you earn your way into the Horizons event and get the yellow bracelet you receive a message that your loyalty cars are in the garage. Go there to check them out.

[quote name='Captain Wrong']Horizon recognizes your Forza 3 and 4 saves and gives you cars based on that, right? How do you know if it found your old saves?[/QUOTE]

Speaking of this... I have a few cars on one save file I need to get to my primary save file. (I had to start the game over again to trigger the Forza achievement)

Is there anyone with a CE that wouldn't be off put by gifting cars back to me after I gift them to you? (Most of the cars are the liveries cars you get on day one.)

Well, with the impending release of Halo 4 I plan to open up the club to anyone and not have it be invite only...

Honestly, I've thought about it before now but we've seem to be doing a good job on keeping up on membership but I know this game won't likely be the main game for everyone here soon. Maybe even already with AC3 coming out.

Also, I've never looked to verify anyone's CAG's membership so really I'm not sure why I've kept it close outside of the first few invites do to them getting leadership rights.

Anyhow, any objects let them be known soon... :)

In other news, minus one showcase race which I just unlocked, and a Barn Find that seems to be slow to drop for everyone I've finished off all the single player stuff and will likely take myself to MP in the morning. (Hopefully, the learning curve isn't too painful.)

I'm Loving the open world...its fun just to randomly drive around. Going to try some multiplayer later. i'll join the club the next time I play.

[quote name='shotgunshine']I'm Loving the open world...its fun just to randomly drive around. Going to try some multiplayer later. I’ll join the club the next time I play.[/QUOTE]

I gotcha added. :)

Club News, I looked around for a way to make it so that its open to all without approval but the only option is invites only (very closed, I would have to send invites out) or what we have now... So what we have now will have to stay.

THIS MEANS IF YOU ARE READING THIS AND HALO 4 IS OUT AND YOU WISH TO JOIN... PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF IT IN THIS THREAD!

Also...

We have room for one more leader who can do approvals... Is there anyone who thinks this will be their end all be all game for the forthcoming timeframe? If so post and I'll get you promoted. :)

Multiplayer, Holy Cow its fun! I've goofed around in Forza 3 with a friend in online play but never really spent anytime playing it... but this is seriously fun. The slot machine at the end is almost as good as the slot machine in Borderlands 2.

My tips, I think I said it earlier but a car with a quick launch is better than a car with more power/top speed. If you can get off the line you can avoid most of the trouble as there is whole bunch of people online who are aggressive... Not so much in wrecking you, though that does happen, as much as just not taking a more conservative, yet more than likely, faster approach.

Breaking. Its a good thing.

Second, learn the tracks and learn your cars... Find two or three cars you really like for each class and try to stick with them.

Third... Ah, make sure you have those cars setup for the classes you want to run them in... They do you no good in your garage at max level.

(With that said... Tomorrow, I'll get my favorite cars added to the garage at the level I like to run them at.)

is there a place that list what tracks are most used in multiplayer? or do I have to learn all of them? I still haven't finished the single player campaign (too many games I'm trying to play).

every multiplayer experience has been nerve-racking with all the demolition derby and I'm just terrible at it. And once you get behind, there's little to help you catch up. using Burnout as an example (and not saying Burnout is better), but they have traffic and nitro so that even if you fall into last place, you still have a shot at getting first place.

the only thing I've been able to do is get on the inside of another car in a turn and ride that car so that I don't lose control and exit the turn faster.

[quote name='dirtyvu']is there a place that list what tracks are most used in multiplayer? or do I have to learn all of them? I still haven't finished the single player campaign (too many games I'm trying to play). [/quote]

I haven't seen it... but I imagine if you go to a custom game and set one up yourself you will likely see them all. (Steal glances at the mini map in the straightaways... and don't hesitate to use the assist that shows you the proper path, or like I do, just the proper breaks points.)

[quote name='dirtyvu']every multiplayer experience has been nerve-racking with all the demolition derby and I'm just terrible at it. And once you get behind, there's little to help you catch up. using Burnout as an example (and not saying Burnout is better), but they have traffic and nitro so that even if you fall into last place, you still have a shot at getting first place.[/quote]

Not necessary true... You can get back into the race even when far behind but unlike a few other racers you're not completely in control of your own fate... All you can do is run a cleaner race than your fellow drivers and hope for them to make mistakes... Yeah, you might not outright win it but placing is nearly as good and its been a rare run where I've seen three other drivers run a perfectly clean race.

A few more hints I thought of that might not be obvious to others...

Drafting; I think it kicks in around 65 MPH but if you travel in someone's path, right behind them and even at some distance, you car will have to use less horsepower to do. Which, leaves spare horsepower to pull out and slingshot past them. (The game does a fair job of telling you when your drifting so you should be able to become to learn the sweet spots pretty easily.)

Braking; Breaking, breaking, breaking... Proper breaking might be more important than speed in winning/placing in events so lets talk about it:

1) Breaking into a corner, not in the corner, or after the corner for that matter. If you're not on the accelerator halfway through most corners your breaking late or not nearly enough.
2) If its red you likely need to break. Not a true written in stone rule as some cars can out corner the need to break so you have to get to know your car but for the most part if the path before you is red than you need to break. It might just need a tap but it need some sort of breaking.
3) Break in a straight line... If you have to break hard for a corner try to do so while not turning the wheel. If the wheels are turned the car is more likely to lose its 'balance' and get lose. (Lose means the back ends is slipping out behind the car.)

Drifting; Yeah, it looks cool and it scores you some bonus style points but remember that a fast car depends upon traction and drifting is a sign of less than seller traction. (Note: there are times where drifting is the proper way to do it but its actually pretty rare on asphalt/tarmac so try to keep it to a minimum..)

[quote name='dirtyvu']the only thing I've been able to do is get on the inside of another car in a turn and ride that car so that I don't lose control and exit the turn faster.[/QUOTE]

See my tips for breaking... Nothing wrong with a bit of bumping for position but the Forza community frowns on using another car as your sole means of breaking... So try and make sure you're not doing that.

Also, it might be your car of choice... Though it might. Cars with low handling scores just aren't very useful in races with a bunch of turns...

And with that said... This morning I added two cars to the garage. So you might want to give them a try!

I would say the Nissan GT-R is the car that most impressed me in the game. Its styling isn't really exotic but it preforms with some of the best S class cars in the game. (If its not outright the best in class.)

I used granturismo's shared NIssan GT-R Black edition and blew away a mp race of Vipers and other "higher class" exotics at the start line. I screwed up a turn late in the race to go from second to last though. The Nissan is great.

Thanks for the tips. I haven't tried any races yet on multiplayer. I've only done infected, which is fun. I'm not to far into the single player. I just got my blue wrist band.

Hmm, have my posts disappearing again.

I'll be getting the game hopefully today. One question, is there any online pass sort of code in the box?

[quote name='jdawgg76']I used granturismo's shared NIssan GT-R Black edition and blew away a mp race of Vipers and other "higher class" exotics at the start line. I screwed up a turn late in the race to go from second to last though. The Nissan is great.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't realize we had so many in the garage till after I had already shared mine. Besides GT's and mine there is another one also. (Sorry, I cannot remember who shared it.)

Anyhow, I might play around with it at the R3 level and see if its capable of being as successful at it as we really don't need three of the same cars at the same class. (Though I'm sort of doubting that it will find success. The Aventador (lamborghini LP-700-4) features all the same perks as the GT-R plus unrelenting speed that the GT-R just doesn't have.)

[quote name='woodcan']I'll be getting the game hopefully today. One question, is there any online pass sort of code in the box?[/QUOTE]I don't think so... I got the CE so the online pass could have been rolled into it but I sort of doubt it.

Good information Inmate. Also, a lot of issues can occur depending on the type of car you are using. Examples would be Bugattis and GTR's. I have seen a plethora of these cars and it's because people want to go balls out fast. Those 2 cars are a beast off the line, but they suffer terribly at handling. For the most part, AWD cars don't handle technical tracks very well. Anyone who has ever tried to post decent times on Fujimi can attest lol.

Woodcan, Forza does not use online passes.

I'd like to thank Inmate for making me a leader within the club. I have a pretty strong background in Forza, and is one of the only games I will play for a long ass time. Forza 2 still remains in my library because I personally feel it was the best out of the 4.

I sent out some friend requests last night and will send some more today.

Hope to race with you guys soon!

And remember, Burn rubber not your soul lol

[quote name='krashhole']Good information Inmate. Also, a lot of issues can occur depending on the type of car you are using. Examples would be Bugattis and GTR's. I have seen a plethora of these cars and it's because people want to go balls out fast. Those 2 cars are a beast off the line, but they suffer terribly at handling. For the most part, AWD cars don't handle technical tracks very well. Anyone who has ever tried to post decent times on Fujimi can attest lol.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I've always thought the Bugatti biggest problem was simply that it has too much speed for most of the tracks, if not all, and its just way too easy to get into trouble! :lol:

As for technical tracks and whatnot... Not really sure what a technical track is (Though, if I had to venture a guess I would say one with many turns) but I haven't really noticed any weakness with the GTR in Horizon... Granted, I've mostly done point-to-point stuff so its quite possible for me not to notice something.

[quote name='krashhole']I'd like to thank Inmate for making me a leader within the club. I have a pretty strong background in Forza, and is one of the only games I will play for a long ass time. Forza 2 still remains in my library because I personally feel it was the best out of the 4.[/QUOTE]

Glad to have you! Do us proud! :D

Yeah, Horizon doesn't really have any technical tracks because it's basically just an arcade game and not a simulator. I personally stay away from the bugattis because they are just so sloppy. They are great for straight tracks and setting some fast speed records, but that's about it.

I'd like to get some feedback from the club members regarding times and days that you guys can be on. That way we can start planning some race nights.

[quote name='woodcan']Hmm, have my posts disappearing again.

I'll be getting the game hopefully today. One question, is there any online pass sort of code in the box?[/QUOTE]

No, there is no online pass bullshit like EA does.

and no dedicated servers that get pulled after a year like EA. i still can't understand the EA fanboys that allow that behavior to happen.

Hoping to pick this up on Black Friday. Would've gotten it at Target last week but they were sold out of Dishonored and I didn't want anything else (Buy 2 get 1). Game looks pretty awesome, hoping the online portion stays alive at least through winter!

[quote name='krashhole']Yeah, Horizon doesn't really have any technical tracks because it's basically just an arcade game and not a simulator. I personally stay away from the bugattis because they are just so sloppy. They are great for straight tracks and setting some fast speed records, but that's about it.[/quote]

That's pretty much me too... I own one but even when I'm just driving around in SP doing stuff I rarely use it. I prefer the Aventador, my Koenigseggs (or if you prefer Top Gear spelling my Koenigseggisseggggnignigsegigiseggggs :lol: ), and my McLarens. :D

[quote name='krashhole']I'd like to get some feedback from the club members regarding times and days that you guys can be on. That way we can start planning some race nights.[/QUOTE]

I the keyword is Nights than its Sunday and Mondays for me only... if its in general you can add pretty much US mornings to that list too. :)

Oh! I played the 'games' today (aka this morning) and I really found Cat and Mouse to be most enjoyable... Something that seems to be the exception as the playlist was pretty damn empty. :cry: (The others were okay... but I cannot help but think they're more about good ole random luck over a bunch of skill.)

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']That's pretty much me too... I own one but even when I'm just driving around in SP doing stuff I rarely use it. I prefer the Aventador, my Koenigseggs (or if you prefer Top Gear spelling my Koenigseggisseggggnignigsegigiseggggs :lol: ), and my McLarens. :D

I the keyword is Nights than its Sunday and Mondays for me only... if its in general you can add pretty much US mornings to that list too. :)

Oh! I played the 'games' today (aka this morning) and I really found Cat and Mouse to be most enjoyable... Something that seems to be the exception as the playlist was pretty damn empty. :cry: (The others were okay... but I cannot help but think they're more about good ole random luck over a bunch of skill.)[/QUOTE]Yeah, I play this most nights EST and am always down to race. The games are pretty fun. I kind of like Cat and Mouse better in Horizon than in Dirt 3 because of the car variety, but Infected is better in Dirt 3 because of the multilevel playing areas. Still fun in Forza though, especially the warehouse map.

[quote name='Malik112099']Xbox Smartglass for iOS is out. Might give it a whirl later.[/QUOTE]

Anyone knows if this thing works over WAN or is it LAN only?

My xbox is wired to a router on a diffferent LAN than my wireless, so I will be able to use it only if it works through an internet connection...

I just downloaded the smartglass app on my iphone. Pretty damn amazed at how well it works. You can pretty much do everything right from the phone.

[quote name='teddybass']Anyone knows if this thing works over WAN or is it LAN only?

My xbox is wired to a router on a diffferent LAN than my wireless, so I will be able to use it only if it works through an internet connection...[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it works via the Internet. Before It was Smartglass I was using the remote part to navigate over 3G.

Also, got the new car pack (season pass). I don't know how I feel about getting dlc then needing to work my ass off in game to use it. When I download map packs in CoD I get them immediately. I don't have to get to level 45 of my 3rd prestige or something like that before I can use it.

[quote name='krashhole']A little work never hurt anyone. Besides, this is a lot funner than that 3 letter word you mentioned.[/QUOTE]

I think it was more that I downloaded the pack and was excited to try that new mustang and went to my garage and it wasn't there. More of a sad face moment I guess. I got the car I really have been saving for last night - the Zonda.

Yeah, I know what you mean. The Zonda is pretty sweet. Hopefully santa will bring me some MS points this year so I can spring for the season pass.

[quote name='Malik112099']I think it was more that I downloaded the pack and was excited to try that new mustang and went to my garage and it wasn't there. More of a sad face moment I guess. I got the car I really have been saving for last night - the Zonda.[/QUOTE]

I do agree with you on the quick glance, you paid for it you should get to play with it when you want to, but truth be told if you had every car instantly from the car packs it would get old rather quickly. As krashhole said they're allot funnier to drive after earning them. :)

[quote name='MSUHitman']FYI for anyone on the fence, this game will be $15 at Walmart on Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

I saw that. I still think its mistake and they meant Forza 4 but either game at that price should an instant buy. :)

I really wanted to hold out until BF to pick up this game. Oh well, I don't have any regrets paying full price. It's a lot of fun.

MSU, looking at your gamer card I see you play XCOM. I tried the demo when it first hit the dashboard, but I couldn't get past the whole moving each player to a certain spot. I been thinking of giving it another shot because the game really looks good.

[quote name='krashhole']MSU, looking at your gamer card I see you play XCOM. I tried the demo when it first hit the dashboard, but I couldn't get past the whole moving each player to a certain spot. I been thinking of giving it another shot because the game really looks good.[/QUOTE]
I played the originals back in the day and they are phenomenal games, the new one is too by all accounts, and it suppose to be cheap at someone's black friday too. (Wal-Mart or Best Buy, I cannot remember which.)

There are so many games at great prices for BF. I was showing my wife the BB and WM ads last night and the first thing she said was "you're not buying any games for yourself" I was like damn woman, I haven't even got to the game pages yet LMAO.

[quote name='krashhole']There are so many games at great prices for BF. I was showing my wife the BB and WM ads last night and the first thing she said was "you're not buying any games for yourself" I was like damn woman, I haven't even got to the game pages yet LMAO.[/QUOTE]

That's when you tell her, "It needn't be me but someone better be out buying me games at those prices!" :lol:

Just checked Walmart has Xcom for 25 on BF.

bread's done
Back