Forza Horizon

XCOM is great. If you can snag it for $25 that's super awesome. But you'll have to brave Walmart. I'd just wait for it to drop to $40 at amazon and call it a day. LOL. Or really I think it's nearly worth full price. I say nearly because I don't think any game is worth $60 no matter how good. Games should be $50 tops.

[quote name='krashhole']I really wanted to hold out until BF to pick up this game. Oh well, I don't have any regrets paying full price. It's a lot of fun.

MSU, looking at your gamer card I see you play XCOM. I tried the demo when it first hit the dashboard, but I couldn't get past the whole moving each player to a certain spot. I been thinking of giving it another shot because the game really looks good.[/QUOTE]

I like strategy games, and two of my all-time favorites are turn-based ones: Heroes of Might & Magic 3 & Valkryia Chronicles 1, which has influences on XCom. Also really enjoyed the Advance War games, and liked FF Tactics well enough.

It's not a misprint on Horizon being $15 at WM on BF, if you look at the ad, you can see Horizon's pink spine easily.

My XCom play was from a free rental from Family Video so it'll be awhile before I play again.

[quote name='MSUHitman']It's not a misprint on Horizon being $15 at WM on BF, if you look at the ad, you can see Horizon's pink spine easily.[/QUOTE]Oh, its clearly the cover art for Forza Horizon, no doubt about it, but let me put it this way... If people show up for Black Friday to be greeted by Forza 4 being on sale and employees who can only shrug powerless at the mistake... I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

Access [quote name='MSUHitman']Sent a request to the CAG group while I had the game rented.[/QUOTE]

I made the mistake of promoting krashhole to club leader instead of just adding him to the leaders... This removed me from the leaders and I can no longer add people to the club. He's suppose to promote/add me to the leaders again.

Anyhow, I logged in today to try and add you but he has not add me so I can not help out you or anyone else... Hopefully, he be online today to take care of it.

How are more people not playing this? And why is it so damn hard to get into a game. They also should have a separate section to show what club members are online.

Am I the only one with zero interest to play halo? I bought halo3 again because my son wanted it and I tried to play a little and was completely turned off.

I played some Horizon today and sent an application to the CAG club. I'll admit I'm also playing Halo 4 but once Black Ops II comes out on Tuesday that's where most of my time will be spent :whistle2:o but I'll still play some Horizon for my racing fix.

Also, how do you get the bonus cars for playing the demo?

[quote name='Malik112099']Am I the only one with zero interest to play halo? I bought halo3 again because my son wanted it and I tried to play a little and was completely turned off.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Horizon is my main game. I haven't been online yet but maybe I'll jump on tonight.

[quote name='woodcan']I played some Horizon today and sent an application to the CAG club. I'll admit I'm also playing Halo 4 but once Black Ops II comes out on Tuesday that's where most of my time will be spent :whistle2:o but I'll still play some Horizon for my racing fix.

Also, how do you get the bonus cars for playing the demo?[/QUOTE]

Once you've played the demo you will get a message in horizon where you can get the car.

[quote name='Malik112099']Am I the only one with zero interest to play halo? I bought halo3 again because my son wanted it and I tried to play a little and was completely turned off.[/QUOTE]

halo 4 is a lot better than halo 3 in every way. I wasn't a fan of 3 either.

[quote name='krashhole']Sorry fellas. Been super busy today. Inmate, I will log on and take care of that now bro.[/QUOTE]

Its cool. :) I see that you did what I did and demoted yourself right off the leader list... Honestly, I'm not sure what they where think with that one click demotion thing, you should not be able to accidentally remove yourself from group leader and a co-leader all in one click... That issue, when clicking on the wrong member could outright kill a club's ability to add any members if the newly promoted member never boots the game up again.

Anyhow, I got you added to the leadership group which gives us four now... I'm not sure how active the other two are but the two of us should be able to cover stuff in the here and now. :)

No you're certainly not the only one... I know many of friends with no interest in playing the game/series... but I honestly feel that people should give it a try if at all possible. Its been a real amazing experience so far and one that while Halo does feel evolved.

[quote name='krashhole']I have NEVER been a fan of Halo MP, only the SP campaign. But with Halo 4, the MP is awesome.[/QUOTE]

I'm old enough to remember playing split screen MP Halo: CE and loving it... but not really loving the rest of the series minus Reach's MP... but truth be told I mostly played SWAT or Anniversary so its likely more of an engine I liked and not so much the normal MP experience.

[quote name='Malik112099']Once you've played the demo you will get a message in horizon where you can get the car.[/QUOTE]

But I went to the garage and it wasn't there. I got my Forza 2/3 loyalty car.

[quote name='MSUHitman']But I went to the garage and it wasn't there. I got my Forza 2/3 loyalty car.[/QUOTE]

It's not in your garage. It is in your in game messages.

[quote name='Malik112099']Once you've played the demo you will get a message in horizon where you can get the car.[/QUOTE]

I played the demo when it first came out. Now to figure out where to check for in-game messages. Also, I guess I'm one of the people screwed out of the "May the Forza Be With You" achievement. Got my yellow wristband but no in-game message and nothing in my garage despite having my Forza 3 gamesave.

[quote name='woodcan']I played the demo when it first came out. Now to figure out where to check for in-game messages. Also, I guess I'm one of the people screwed out of the "May the Forza Be With You" achievement. Got my yellow wristband but no in-game message and nothing in my garage despite having my Forza 3 gamesave.[/QUOTE]

Press start during the game. Scroll down to messages.

I've got teh Zonda R and... can I just say, IT fuckING FLYS! xD

flyingy.jpg

I'm not far enough into the game to know.... but how the heck are people getting their cars so high into the air?

[quote name='dirtyvu']I'm not far enough into the game to know.... but how the heck are people getting their cars so high into the air?[/QUOTE]

Its not to hard to do really. There's a sponsor challenge for getting air so you'll see it soon enough.

Krashhole will have to back me up as I didn't take a picture of it, not sure if I could anyways as I was in MP free roam, but I got either a Koenigsegg or a Aventador about 60 to 75 feet in the air the other day... :lol:

[quote name='jdawgg76']My favorite is landing on top of another racer in multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

I've not done that yet... :lol: but judging about how much I get slammed around online I got a feeling its happened to me.

Malik112099, awesome photo! :lol: I'll have to try to go to photo mode next time... I wish you could save replays like you can in Halo as I would have saved that one I mentioned for sure.

Honestly, I cam down like a like an upside down yard dart.

Unless Walmart posted the wrong picture in the ad and MS is just matching what they see from competitors. Last year the Microsoft Store matched nearly every price on newer releases and then had a few big deals of their own. Sad thing is they only advertised their prices on their facebook page, no ad in the paper. I walked in the empty store at 6am, collected up about ten games for me and friends and walked out in less than ten minutes. They didn't even know games were on sale and they opened at midnight.

What new surfaces do you guys think will be in the rally expansion? Seems like most surfaces are represented already and it seems as if the whole map was utilized in the core game. I'm guessing and hoping for snow, ice, and mud and a new map area opened up at the snowcapped mountains in the northeast corner of the map. Better be a lot for $20.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Unless Walmart posted the wrong picture in the ad and MS is just matching what they see from competitors. Last year the Microsoft Store matched nearly every price on newer releases and then had a few big deals of their own. Sad thing is they only advertised their prices on their facebook page, no ad in the paper. I walked in the empty store at 6am, collected up about ten games for me and friends and walked out in less than ten minutes. They didn't even know games were on sale and they opened at midnight.[/quote]

Do you know if their website normally does the same deals? (I really have no store that's really close to me.)

[quote name='jdawgg76']What new surfaces do you guys think will be in the rally expansion? Seems like most surfaces are represented already and it seems as if the whole map was utilized in the core game. I'm guessing and hoping for snow, ice, and mud and a new map area opened up at the snowcapped mountains in the northeast corner of the map. Better be a lot for $20.[/QUOTE]
Good question... Truth be told Pike's Peak, likely the most famous mountain in the state, is know for a rally race (Hill Climb) and I'll almost have to consider the pack a failure if its not included in the rally expansion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y3OFf0ArU

I think the website had its own deals last year, but there have been sales that were on both like really cheap Syndicate and Neverdead a few months ago. Seems like a few deals were on both last year like their console and kinect deals. I don't have time to find the threads here at work, but there was one for the site and one for the store last year and they were short.

Definitely hoping for a Pikes Peak representation. I've been missing hill climb since Dirt 1 and I've racing since RalliSport Challenge. Since Dirt 4 is still a ways away and the WRC games don't make it to the states, all my rally racing hopes ride on this expansion.

[quote name='crunchewy']If I can get that $15 price from the Microsoft Store online, I'm definitely buying. No brick-and-mortar MS stores near me.[/QUOTE]

Ditto

The two posts on their facebook page don't specify if they are good online or not, but the prices start on Thanksgiving at 3am EST not on black Friday!

I got this for 5 bucks after using my 10 dollars off MS store coupon. Now im wondering if i should get in on this 200 MS point october car pack or not. The mustang looks cool, but i had no intention on buying this game. But the more i look into it, the more im getting excited. Last racing games i really loved was Burnout Paradise and Need for Speed underground.

So are those screen shots above ones you took personally from the game?

Is the october pack worth it?

[quote name='The 7th Number']I got this for 5 bucks after using my 10 dollars off MS store coupon. Now im wondering if i should get in on this 200 MS point october car pack or not. The mustang looks cool, but i had no intention on buying this game. But the more i look into it, the more im getting excited. Last racing games i really loved was Burnout Paradise and Need for Speed underground.

So are those screen shots above ones you took personally from the game?

Is the october pack worth it?[/QUOTE]

wondering this as well. wont be getting the game til christmas but my mom picked it up last night. should I go ahead and get the car pack with the points I just scored from Target?

[quote name='The 7th Number']Last racing games i really loved was Burnout Paradise and Need for Speed underground. [/QUOTE]

So why didn't you pick up NFS: Most Wanted then, it's the game you're looking for.

[quote name='Spybreak8']So why didn't you pick up NFS: Most Wanted then, it's the game you're looking for.[/QUOTE]

Good point, probably jumped on forza ONLY because i got it for 5 dollars. Im not big into racing games, but for 5 dollars why the hell not? Might have to look into NFS most wanted later down the road.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Good point, probably jumped on forza ONLY because i got it for 5 dollars. Im not big into racing games, but for 5 dollars why the hell not? Might have to look into NFS most wanted later down the road.[/QUOTE]

Well, at 5 Dollars you can hardly go wrong... but I think you made a hell of a purchase though I would compare Horizon more in line with Test Drive Unlimited than anything else.

[quote name='DasBaldDog']I typed in CAG into the box in the game, but then it acted like I hadn't done anything.[/QUOTE]I'm pretty sure you have to hit a button to start the search... but it sounds like you're doing it right.

I'll fire it up here in a few and try to send your CAG username an invite. (Hopefully, your gamertag is the same. :) )

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I'm pretty sure you have to hit a button to start the search... but it sounds like you're doing it right.

I'll fire it up here in a few and try to send your CAG username an invite. (Hopefully, your gamertag is the same. :) )[/QUOTE]

Nope, XBL name is different.

I USED to have the same username... back in the OG Xbox days... till I decided it wasn't worth it.... now, getting my old name back isn't worth it.

My current user name is "ConfederateMajr", yeah, the "O" in Major is missing. Not enough available spaces.

And for anyone willing to comment... I have no issues with anyone because of their race. The name has to do with my political/philosophical studies of American history... As much ignorant crap that I get over it, I really should just change it.

But anyways, I went to the Car Club in the game, found the search, typed in CAG.... and found CheapAssGamers. Hit "Okay", then it flashed a box (couldn't read what it said).... then when I clicked on Car Club again, it acted like I hadn't done anything and took me to the same little box/screen that it had the first time I clicked on it.

[quote name='DasBaldDog']My current user name is "ConfederateMajr", yeah, the "O" in Major is missing. Not enough available spaces.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I saw the username last night and you should be good to go. :)

Hopefully this will still be lively come Christmas. My mom bought this for me for Black Friday, but she is a stickler and wont let me have it til Christmas... Yes, I am 28 and my Mom still willingly buys me games. And no, I don't live at home haha. Or even in the same city...

bread's done
Back