Forza Horizon

[quote name='Chedeng88']I would love to join the club too. Can you add me up? GT is C55V8.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you got in or not... we sort of have a problem. There is a limit on the number of members in a club. 100.

So congrats on us getting to 100... Its far more than I thought we would ever get.

That said, its also a bad thing.

I won't remove anyone outright but is there anyone who is done with the game and who no longer needs/wants club access? If so drop a note so I can the club fresh with new blood. :)

I'd start with the people that are in the club but haven't played the game. Seems like a lot of lowly ranked gamers who signed up but felt the game wasn't for them. If they're not playing at least within the next month, drop them.

Or you could move them to a second tier CAG club. Like the varsity and the JV. :p

[quote name='dirtyvu']I'd start with the people that are in the club but haven't played the game. Seems like a lot of lowly ranked gamers who signed up but felt the game wasn't for them. If they're not playing at least within the next month, drop them.

Or you could move them to a second tier CAG club. Like the varsity and the JV. :p[/QUOTE]

You're only able to actually join the club on-game so having not played the game isn't an issue. As far as low online ranks are concerned, it could be a number of things. Myself, I tend to prefer playing through the single player before starting the multiplayer, but that's for any game I play.

Although, if we arranged a game night...

[quote name='dirtyvu']I'd start with the people that are in the club but haven't played the game. Seems like a lot of lowly ranked gamers who signed up but felt the game wasn't for them. [/QUOTE]You only level up via the online MP, which isn't for everyone, but you can still be a fully functioning member of the club by competing against other club members' times so that doesn't really work out.

I'll leave it as is for now... See if I get any replies. (If that doesn't happen I'll look at again.)

Yeah, I'm one of those trying to finish the game first before I dive into multiplayer. Don't remove me from the club please, I'll be checking in soon! :bouncy:

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Not sure if you got in or not... we sort of have a problem. There is a limit on the number of members in a club. 100.

So congrats on us getting to 100... Its far more than I thought we would ever get.

That said, its also a bad thing.

I won't remove anyone outright but is there anyone who is done with the game and who no longer needs/wants club access? If so drop a note so I can the club fresh with new blood. :)[/QUOTE]

I would like to get on whatever waiting list there is to join the club...I'm mostly a single player kind of gamer but I'm really digging this Forza and I'm digging the MP too...so if there's room my GT is olddog9000

I am liking this game a lot more than I did Forza 4. There's lots to do in this game. Very entertaining single player. I haven't tried MP yet.

Unfortunately my save got trashed when I tried to move it off of cloud storage (it would not let me copy, I had to move it, and something went awry!) so I had to start over, but that's perhaps a testament to the game, because I am enjoying it even though having to start over. I wasn't that far, so that helped.

Since the Forza 4 thread is dead I'll ask here: I got the non-VIP Xmas gift in Horizon. Just got around to checking Forza 4 and I had no cars waiting for me (not VIP there either). Did this happen to anyone else? I haven't raced online in FMS4 yet and only played a handful of career races. Since discovering unicorns I've been waiting to see if there would be a Forza sale soon and maybe I'd get the Forza 3 VIP pack to go with my recently acquired FMS3 Ultimate and then restart Forza 4 with a loyalty transfer of several cars and two unicorns I really want. I put off checking for the xmas gift car cause of this thinking we had 30 days to collect it and I was hoping for a xmas sale on forza.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Since the Forza 4 thread is dead I'll ask here: I got the non-VIP Xmas gift in Horizon. Just got around to checking Forza 4 and I had no cars waiting for me (not VIP there either). Did this happen to anyone else? I haven't raced online in FMS4 yet and only played a handful of career races. Since discovering unicorns I've been waiting to see if there would be a Forza sale soon and maybe I'd get the Forza 3 VIP pack to go with my recently acquired FMS3 Ultimate and then restart Forza 4 with a loyalty transfer of several cars and two unicorns I really want. I put off checking for the xmas gift car cause of this thinking we had 30 days to collect it and I was hoping for a xmas sale on forza.[/QUOTE]

Would love to see a sale on both season passes... Anyhow, I got mine, but I loaded mine up soon after you told me. A day or two at most. (Though to be honest. I think that stuff sits for a very long time. I was a VIP in Forza 3 too and stopped playing and came back to it more than a year later and gifted me like 10 cars on the spot.

So on the 15th the Honda Challenge car pack will be released for free.

It includes the 2013 Honda Civic Si Coupe, the HPD Rally Fit, and the 1986 Honda Civic Si Coupe. There's also a track pack as well that I think just serves a contest where you can meet some race driver if you beat his time and also a special photo contest for the 2013 Civic Si where you can win a limited edition 360.

I'm not really a fan of imports, but it's nice to see one of the car companies stepping up and handing out free DLC.

[quote name='pyoobez']So on the 15th the Honda Challenge car pack will be released for free.

It includes the 2013 Honda Civic Si Coupe, the HPD Rally Fit, and the 1986 Honda Civic Si Coupe. There's also a track pack as well that I think just serves a contest where you can meet some race driver if you beat his time and also a special photo contest for the 2013 Civic Si where you can win a limited edition 360.

I'm not really a fan of imports, but it's nice to see one of the car companies stepping up and handing out free DLC.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty awesome. I'll definitely be looking forward to that. Thanks for the heads up!

Finally tried the online. Pretty good, but I wish when you are sitting waiting for a race to finish (when you first join), that it would let you watch the race. Move the camera about and such. That would kill time much better then just staring at a lap count.

Yeah, it gives you a lap count for circuits. On street races you're left twiddling your thumbs wondering how much longer though. I really like the online, apart from the few jerks I've come across that cuss up a storm if anyone even comes close to bumping them!

The Honda pack doesn't seem to include a track. It just mentions the 3 cars. I'll take it, though. You do wonder, though, why you have to pay anything at all for any car. It's all advertising, in effect. They should be paying us! :)

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Would love to see a sale on both season passes... Anyhow, I got mine, but I loaded mine up soon after you told me. A day or two at most. (Though to be honest. I think that stuff sits for a very long time. I was a VIP in Forza 3 too and stopped playing and came back to it more than a year later and gifted me like 10 cars on the spot.[/QUOTE]It seems that only people who have raced online got the car in Forza 4. I just started up Forza 3 UC for the very first time and I had six Turn 10 messages with gift cars so they definitely changed how they gift cars between 3 and 4.

[quote name='crunchewy']Finally tried the online. Pretty good, but I wish when you are sitting waiting for a race to finish (when you first join), that it would let you watch the race. Move the camera about and such. That would kill time much better then just staring at a lap count.[/QUOTE]
Wish you could watch races while waiting and after finishing.
[quote name='keithp']Yeah, it gives you a lap count for circuits. On street races you're left twiddling your thumbs wondering how much longer though. I really like the online, apart from the few jerks I've come across that cuss up a storm if anyone even comes close to bumping them![/QUOTE]That's better than the room I was in where everyone was taking eachother down burnout style. Every time I had the lead someone would wreck me on purpose instead of just passing. Very frustrating.

[quote name='crunchewy']The Honda pack doesn't seem to include a track. It just mentions the 3 cars. I'll take it, though. You do wonder, though, why you have to pay anything at all for any car. It's all advertising, in effect. They should be paying us! :)[/QUOTE]No track for this, just three cars. The track was voted for on the dashboard and it will be red rocks. Should be raceable under the monthly rivals.

[quote name='jdawgg76']That's better than the room I was in where everyone was taking eachother down burnout style. Every time I had the lead someone would wreck me on purpose instead of just passing. Very frustrating.[/QUOTE]

Eh, it's frustrating and haven't played the online part but I have a feeling it'll be better than the closest game to this, TDU2. There were so many obvious modders in that game and Atari did nothing. People had the highest level without achievements needed to get there and you'd see cars that had the max tuned level listed that shouldn't have had levels listed as they weren't tune-able.

[quote name='jdawgg76']

That's better than the room I was in where everyone was taking eachother down burnout style. Every time I had the lead someone would wreck me on purpose instead of just passing. Very frustrating.

[/QUOTE]

That type of game is some of the more fun ones I've played! If everyone wants to bump 'n grind I go right along with it. But it's when everyone's respectful and you get one or two guys that do that that I get PO'd.

[quote name='keithp']That type of game is some of the more fun ones I've played! If everyone wants to bump 'n grind I go right along with it. But it's when everyone's respectful and you get one or two guys that do that that I get PO'd.[/QUOTE]I was testing a car with great acceleration and lower speed and kept taking the lead only to be purposefully crashed when they could have just passed me which made catching up that much harder. It was a burnout race to them...

[quote name='crunchewy']I am now afraid to play online... because I tend to bump into other cars, not out of spite, but because I'm a bad driver. LOL![/QUOTE] People realize stuff happens but continuously wiping out other cars is frowned on. I have totally taken someone out on accident, recovered first, then waited for them to drive off first because I felt bad.

[quote name='Phased']Is anyone able to invite people to the CAG car club?[/QUOTE] Look for inmateofarkham.

There are quite a few people wanting to join the club and as it was (still is?) full up maybe its time to set a restriction? Gotta have Purple, Gold or Finalist? just putting it out there!

Hit level 50 on a friend's account and was disappointed the rewards stopped. They should throw a lottery pick in at least every now and then once you hit green!

[quote name='WickedBlackTrauma']There are quite a few people wanting to join the club and as it was (still is?) full up maybe its time to set a restriction? Gotta have Purple, Gold or Finalist? just putting it out there![/QUOTE]Seems like there will be enough for a second club.

[quote name='keithp']Hit level 50 on a friend's account and was disappointed the rewards stopped. They should throw a lottery pick in at least every now and then once you hit green![/QUOTE]Or a big prize for hitting a new color. Disappointing the way it is. Once I hit 50 I'll probably lose more interest. At least then I won't be afraid to buy cars because I may win them leveling up.

Can't believe only 3 of us tried the community bounty. I just beat Johniwanna's time who isn't going to try anymore. Looks like a Ferrari Dino will be coming my way!

[quote name='jdawgg76']Can't believe only 3 of us tried the community bounty. I just beat Johniwanna's time who isn't going to try anymore. Looks like a Ferrari Dino will be coming my way![/QUOTE]

What did I miss out on?

Car Club; Truth be told... I have no way to know who's active and whose not without jumping through some serious hoops so its not likely you will see any new members added to the club.

Beat johniwanna, a 1:48.3 something, in the monthly rivals Stampede. Its on the far right. Do it before 8 am pst today. I suggest going to the Forza community event thread for this and finding prime barricade or satniteeduardo's builds to maximize speed. I won with prime's gt500, basically fully upgraded engine, transmission parts, wider tires. And rewind is your friend.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Beat johniwanna, a 1:48.3 something, in the monthly rivals Stampede. Its on the far right. Do it before 8 am pst today. I suggest going to the Forza community event thread for this and finding prime barricade or satniteeduardo's builds to maximize speed. I won with prime's gt500, basically fully upgraded engine, transmission parts, wider tires. And rewind is your friend.[/QUOTE]

Really have no chance on this one... Found out with less than an hour and all the cars I could use blow something serious.

Impressive run. I tried to follow in your "footsteps" but I was pretty much out of it after the first set of turns every time.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Really have no chance on this one... Found out with less than an hour and all the cars I could use blow something serious.

Impressive run. I tried to follow in your "footsteps" but I was pretty much out of it after the first set of turns every time.[/QUOTE]
The key for me was finding a ghost to follow/use to see better lines which means lots of cuts off road, counter intuitive to typical Forza racing, and using rewind to death. One race probably took fifteen minutes! Kinda wish they disabled rewind for it. I bet the leaderboards would look much different.

The first five turns and the big right are the difference makers in several seconds.

I just found out about it last night and spent a couple hours trying to put together a build to beat him. I wish I had known about that thread, because I didn't even come close to beating him. I think I had another 8 seconds to shave off. The cars they put in your way are diabolical! Not to mention those two turns in the middle... :bomb:

I'll try the Honda, I didn't know about that one, thanks!

Nevermind about the Honda event, apparently you had to preregister, which really sucks. Alot of people missed that fact and are pissed.

[quote name='jdawgg76']The key for me was finding a ghost to follow/use to see better lines which means lots of cuts off road, counter intuitive to typical Forza racing, and using rewind to death. One race probably took fifteen minutes! Kinda wish they disabled rewind for it. I bet the leaderboards would look much different.

The first five turns and the big right are the difference makers in several seconds.[/QUOTE]

there's no penalty in any way for using rewind? i've never used it before.

[quote name='dirtyvu']there's no penalty in any way for using rewind? i've never used it before.[/QUOTE]I don't see any penalty for the rewind at all and it's pretty much unlimited as far as number of uses. You can only go back so far though. If you aren't going to use it, turn it off and you'll get more cash for racing on a higher difficulty. I liked Dirt better where you had a limited number of rewinds and had to strategize whether or not to use it. Plus, if you used it you wouldn't have your time put to the leaderboard while in Horizon it does go to the leaderboard.

I think I got my unicorn for the facebook challenge already even though they said Monday would be the day they were gifted. I got two though as I've been posting in threads on the forza forums as well and they'll reward that with unicorns as well. Got the Fiesta Zetec and Miata Superlight which has no windshield?!!!

Is it still possible to join the CAG car club?

I got Horizon for Christmas (picked it up when it was on sale for $15 on Black Friday).

Ford County Squire + Shelby GT500 engine + some other mods to get it to A500 = tons of fun. The fishtailing is just enough to help on turns while still being easily correctable for straight stretches.

[quote name='pyoobez']Ford County Squire + Shelby GT500 engine + some other mods to get it to A500 = tons of fun. The fishtailing is just enough to help on turns while still being easily correctable for straight stretches.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I gotta say, doing the engine conversions on some of the older cars is one of the more fun things in this game. It's pretty hilarious hearing these little unassuming cars just roaring with power.

Hmmm. Watch the state of the union or play Forza? Easy choice no matter who the president is. I tried it but couldn't get in a race. They had people post gamer tags and unicorn choice at the end and said they would award randomly.

Today at 10 (EST or pst, can't remember) am there is a facebook challenge, but as long as you post a time in the facebook challenge rivals event within 24 hours you'll get a unicorn. Vote for your choice in the Forza forums to choose a specific unicorn. Not sure if this is a horizon or Forza 4 event.

bread's done
Back