Forza Horizon

I believe I've done everything necessary to unlock the custom Gone Gold Viper from the demo. I completed the demo about two weeks ago (around Nov. 13) while logged into Xbox Live (w/ Gold), and received the message that I had unlocked the Viper in the full game if I played the full game on or before Nov. 30. I then put in the full game for the first time yesterday (Nov. 28 - again while logged into Xbox Live w/ Gold), completed the first 4-5 races, and did receive anything in my File Depot under my Messages (but I did receive a pile of in-game rivalry suggestions).

I've also rebooted multiple times, cleared my Xbox 360 system cache, and logged out/in of Xbox live.

Anybody have any ideas?

[quote name='nwaugh']I believe I've done everything necessary to unlock the custom Gone Gold Viper from the demo. I completed the demo about two weeks ago (around Nov. 13) while logged into Xbox Live (w/ Gold), and received the message that I had unlocked the Viper in the full game if I played the full game on or before Nov. 30. I then put in the full game for the first time yesterday (Nov. 28 - again while logged into Xbox Live w/ Gold), completed the first 4-5 races, and did receive anything in my File Depot under my Messages (but I did receive a pile of in-game rivalry suggestions).

I've also rebooted multiple times, cleared my Xbox 360 system cache, and logged out/in of Xbox live.

Anybody have any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Gold viper? Can I get that still? My MS store copy just arrived here yesterday.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Gold viper? Can I get that still? My MS store copy just arrived here yesterday.[/QUOTE]
In theory it's available until Nov. 30 (and the Viper is called "Gone Gold" but is actually white) - you d/l the demo, play it until it pops up a message saying the Viper is unlocked, and then play the full game afterwards until you have access to the Message Center. It should be there, however, there are some folks (including me) that haven't gotten it. You need an Xbox Live Gold account and need to be logged in for both the demo and full game.

forza%20horizon%20srt%20viper.jpg

[quote name='nwaugh']In theory it's available until Nov. 30 (and the Viper is called "Gone Gold" but is actually white) - you d/l the demo, play it until it pops up a message saying the Viper is unlocked, and then play the full game afterwards until you have access to the Message Center. It should be there, however, there are some folks (including me) that haven't gotten it. You need an Xbox Live Gold account and need to be logged in for both the demo and full game.

[/QUOTE]
Did you get your yellow band? Maybe you get it then when you also get your loyalty cars for playing Forza 4. It's been so long I can't remember for sure. If that doesn't help check the forums at forzamotorsport.net as this has been a problem for others. Maybe you can reach Turn10 that way to get help.

[quote name='nwaugh']In theory it's available until Nov. 30 (and the Viper is called "Gone Gold" but is actually white) - you d/l the demo, play it until it pops up a message saying the Viper is unlocked, and then play the full game afterwards until you have access to the Message Center. It should be there, however, there are some folks (including me) that haven't gotten it. You need an Xbox Live Gold account and need to be logged in for both the demo and full game.

[/QUOTE]

is there a time minimum for playing the demo? I can d/l it tonight but dont know if I'll have much time to play.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Did you get your yellow band? Maybe you get it then when you also get your loyalty cars for playing Forza 4. It's been so long I can't remember for sure. If that doesn't help check the forums at forzamotorsport.net as this has been a problem for others. Maybe you can reach Turn10 that way to get help.[/QUOTE]

Yeah - I'm up to green and no joy. I'm in contact with one of the community managers so hopefully that'll get things resolved. Great game regardless.

I'm going to try playing the demo again tomorrow myself. Neither the Viper nor the Forza loyalty cars unlocked for me. Also gonna try moving my saves to my HDD instead of USB drive and see if that helps.

[quote name='woodcan']I'm going to try playing the demo again tomorrow myself. Neither the Viper nor the Forza loyalty cars unlocked for me. Also gonna try moving my saves to my HDD instead of USB drive and see if that helps.[/QUOTE]
It does. I had to restart the game for the loyalty gifts and that ended up being my issue.

Played the demo again for the 4th time. I tried a suggestion I read online to get it to work (move your saves to the cloud). Then when I started the game it did this whole "synching save locally from cloud" and did the whole damn game intro again for the 3rd time until I got my Yellow Wristband and still no damn Loyalty cars OR car for playing the demo! I know it's small potatoes compared to the overall game experience but damn does something that should be a no-brainer really take the wind out of my sails for playing the game.

I'm still unsure if I want to buy the season pass. $50 seems like alot even if I did pickup $300 of MS points when they were ringing up $10 at Target.

I mainly got this game because it was hard to pass up for $15 and picked up the steering wheel at Best Buy for $20.00

[quote name='Cephiros']I'm still unsure if I want to buy the season pass. $50 seems like alot even if I did pickup $300 of MS points when they were ringing up $10 at Target. [/quote]

I want it, I really want it since they dropped in a new McLaren into this month's car pack but 50 seems a bit much considering this time of year... I'll have to give it some more thought if it doesn't go on sale during the holidays.

The CAG Car Club is up to date again. We had a recorded setting day as like 10 people joined and we now have over 50 members. (Which is rather impressive if you ask me.)

I finally cracked open my copy from the Microsoft Store sale last night. This game is fantastic! Me and 3 friends spent some time in free roam doing some of the challenges to build up credits. Really addictive way to get you to just drive around shooting the shit for hours. Then we played a few of the mini games. Infected is fun as hell, especially when you start mixing fast cars with a small map, haha.

I also sent a join request to the CAG club last night. Not sure if I was in the group that was just added, but my gamertag is n8rocker82.

Club is current again! (Unless someone snuck in in the last 20 minutes or so.)

Had another great day! Picked up another 6 members! (Guessing everyone's Black Friday orders are coming in now.)

[quote name='GamerDude316']I'll be opening my MS copy tonight as well, my GT is Cydoniac would love to join the car club![/QUOTE]

Invites cannot be sent to people haven't played the game yet... So its much appreciated that you send requests to join the club. (Search for "CAG" and it should pop up.)

I'll jump on shortly and take care of any backlogs that have formed.

Edit: We are current. The last three thread request all got invites too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be joining tomorrow the game is a blast and it's the first racing game I've played since NFS Most Wanted on Gamecube.

I submitted a request to join myself. I love the series and this one is unique but fun, sometimes though I wish to skip the cutscenes.

[quote name='LlamaNinja']I submitted a request to join myself. I love the series and this one is unique but fun, sometimes though I wish to skip the cutscenes.[/QUOTE]They are only in the beginning so there's not much to endure.

[quote name='soliddragon']Man, i didnt realize we had one, i just put my request in![/QUOTE]

Club should be current in 10 minutes or so...

[quote name='impostor71']Thanks for the acceptance ! Great game. Fun stuff. Can we do online races against each other?[/QUOTE]

No problem, more the marrier if you as me.

Racing together, yes its very possible but its also sort of a pain as the only way to know who is online is in the car club menu which is only in the single player.

(Though you can send a blanket request for all club members to join your party in MP.)

[quote name='MSUHitman']Car pack is up, the 1972 whatever car is the free one.[/QUOTE]

1971 AMC Javelin.

Full Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EPZxTinO9oE

While I appreciate them helping to level the number of European cars vs American I don't really think this was the pack to do it with... I want that McLaren! :D

I'm really, really, hoping that the season pass goes on sale during the Xmas sale... I bought the collector's edition, so while I don't think I overspent do to the amount of enjoyment its given me and the fact that the CE hasn't been on sale anywhere, I do want to get a nice deal on the season pass do to the massive sale the base game has seen.

So besides the 1971 AMC Javelin, the 2012 Jeep Rubicon, and the 75 Bel Aire... Are there any other free cars? I am going through and downloading them from the site on my brother's account and didn't know if I missed any.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']1971 AMC Javelin.

Full Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EPZxTinO9oE

While I appreciate them helping to level the number of European cars vs American I don't really think this was the pack to do it with... I want that McLaren! :D

I'm really, really, hoping that the season pass goes on sale during the Xmas sale... I bought the collector's edition, so while I don't think I overspent do to the amount of enjoyment its given me and the fact that the CE hasn't been on sale anywhere, I do want to get a nice deal on the season pass do to the massive sale the base game has seen.[/QUOTE]

Isn't the season pass just the 7 or 8 monthly car packs & the upcoming rally expansion? Maybe they will have a 1-day sale but all the stuff will be on sale a la carte eventually, Oct. car pack was on sale Black Friday for like $3.

No Thunderbolt/Fairlane in this one huh? Gonna have to pick up Forza 4 and get the muscle car pack so I can drive my 64 Fairlane... Cant wait to play this though.

Added the venom and the car that the design was stolen from, the lotus exige to the club garage. Love how many people are in the club and thoroughly enjoying the game.

I'm obviously an idiot. I had never touched multiplayer until last night but couldn't for the life of me figure out how to request to join the CAG league. Can someone advise what I'm sure this very simple process is? lol

Drive over to the Horizon central and one of the tents is for Car Club. Go in there and search for "CAG" and request to join.

WOuld love to do some races or just free-roam with you guys sometime.

I'll probably request to join the CAG Car Club today. Would love to play some multiplayer and do some free roam challenges.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Isn't the season pass just the 7 or 8 monthly car packs & the upcoming rally expansion? Maybe they will have a 1-day sale but all the stuff will be on sale a la carte eventually, Oct. car pack was on sale Black Friday for like $3.[/QUOTE]

There is an extra car via the season pass... So I would really just rather get the season pass. The Forza 4 season pass has gone on sale, as has the Gears 3 season pass, so it will happen... I just hope its sooner rather than later.

I'm really confused about how to drive multiplayer in this game. In other games, the design of the game is very obvious. In Burnout, drive fast and take out cars.

in Forza Motorsport, drive clean and fast.

In Horizon, I'm not sure what it is. When I try to take the high road and drive fast/clean, I get pummeled and it's a total demolition derby. It looks crazy to see these amazing cars ramming each other and seeing pileups of cars in corners.

The design of the game makes you feel like you should drive clean. Because there's no destructive crash like Burnout with a nitro recovery. And the single player feels like an open world Forza Motorsport.

But when you play dirty, you often find yourself way out in front with nobody near you so all you have to do is drive clean lines thereafter. It doesn't seem to have that tense rubberbanding effect of other arcade racers where people in the back never really out of it.

Yes, rubberbanding was annoying but you have to admit that it keeps all races competitive.

I think since the game feels like an open world Forza Motorsport, they should do races that take advantage of that design. Make courses that travel more of the map.

And they need to patch something in the game to deal with the demolition derby aspect. Either allow for true damage or drastically shrink down the XP earned due to damage. Either way would limit what people are doing out there.

But if you're arguing that this demolition is what they're looking for, then they need to go all out and have total destruction. That would create more strategy about when to hit, what to hit, etc.

A patch needs to address what this game wants to be.

For me, it should be open world racing, Forza style.

alright, since I'm a Forza Horizon n00b, I thought a spreadsheet would help me and others.

I created a spreadsheet and it's editable by anyone that wants to make additions to it. I did my best to check for typos but if any of you see typos, please correct it and put in the notes that you corrected it. Also, since some cars are repeated, if the car is slightly different (for example, you have the default Viper and the special Forza Horizon Viper), please put both down and note it in the notes that they're 2 separate entries.

Please make sure that you do not enter a car that's already on the list. Only enter again if it's slightly different.

And if you made changes to the car, if you cannot remember the original settings, please put in the notes that you modified the car.

I'd like original numbers for the cars as much as possible.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqRIaiTCmBfMdHp4Zlh3elhEVmt1eHNLcGQtVlJZMlE

[quote name='Brak']Is the DeLorean in this one?[/QUOTE]

Not that I'm aware of. But there's a BMW M1 which looks basically the same, but has way better specs. I actually shared it to the car club all upgraded and looking like a DeLorean. It's pretty cool. There's even a design in the storefront that is done up with all the logos and "time travel effects", but I wanted more of a realistic look.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']There is an extra car via the season pass... So I would really just rather get the season pass. The Forza 4 season pass has gone on sale, as has the Gears 3 season pass, so it will happen... I just hope its sooner rather than later.[/QUOTE]What is the extra car via season pass? I've been regretting not being VIP, but so far the extra cars are just normal cars with special skins. Not a big deal to me. It seems you have more chances for unicorns with VIP, but most of the unicorns kinda suck anyways. I got the first pack half off and figure I'll just get the most interesting packs whenever they hit half off. Can't wait to get the December pack with the F12 and the F1. I sat in an F1 in a London showroom once. Very cool. I had the balls to ask the sales chick if I could get a test drive. She actually said yes if I put down a security deposit of $250,000!

[quote name='dirtyvu']I'm really confused about how to drive multiplayer in this game. In other games, the design of the game is very obvious. In Burnout, drive fast and take out cars.

in Forza Motorsport, drive clean and fast.

In Horizon, I'm not sure what it is. When I try to take the high road and drive fast/clean, I get pummeled and it's a total demolition derby. It looks crazy to see these amazing cars ramming each other and seeing pileups of cars in corners.

The design of the game makes you feel like you should drive clean. Because there's no destructive crash like Burnout with a nitro recovery. And the single player feels like an open world Forza Motorsport.

But when you play dirty, you often find yourself way out in front with nobody near you so all you have to do is drive clean lines thereafter. It doesn't seem to have that tense rubberbanding effect of other arcade racers where people in the back never really out of it.

Yes, rubberbanding was annoying but you have to admit that it keeps all races competitive.

I think since the game feels like an open world Forza Motorsport, they should do races that take advantage of that design. Make courses that travel more of the map.

And they need to patch something in the game to deal with the demolition derby aspect. Either allow for true damage or drastically shrink down the XP earned due to damage. Either way would limit what people are doing out there.

But if you're arguing that this demolition is what they're looking for, then they need to go all out and have total destruction. That would create more strategy about when to hit, what to hit, etc.

A patch needs to address what this game wants to be.

For me, it should be open world racing, Forza style.[/QUOTE]Once you hit the purple races in single player, rubber banding becomes a much bigger deal. As far as multiplayer, something needs to be done/should have been done before launch about all of the dirty racing. It sucks to get out in front and then get pummeled into the wall in the first turn because you're in the lead at that point. That's why I mostly avoided multicar races in Dirt 2 and 3 and stuck to rally/trailblazer. Seems like these guys (alot of Playground Games came from Codies) haven't figured out it's a problem.

[quote name='dirtyvu']alright, since I'm a Forza Horizon n00b, I thought a spreadsheet would help me and others.

I created a spreadsheet and it's editable by anyone that wants to make additions to it. I did my best to check for typos but if any of you see typos, please correct it and put in the notes that you corrected it. Also, since some cars are repeated, if the car is slightly different (for example, you have the default Viper and the special Forza Horizon Viper), please put both down and note it in the notes that they're 2 separate entries.

Please make sure that you do not enter a car that's already on the list. Only enter again if it's slightly different.

And if you made changes to the car, if you cannot remember the original settings, please put in the notes that you modified the car.

I'd like original numbers for the cars as much as possible.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqRIaiTCmBfMdHp4Zlh3elhEVmt1eHNLcGQtVlJZMlE[/QUOTE]Admirable effort, but to save you some trouble just look on the forzamotorsport.net forums. Someone already has a filled out spreadsheet I believe.

[quote name='jdawgg76']
Admirable effort, but to save you some trouble just look on the forzamotorsport.net forums. Someone already has a filled out spreadsheet I believe.[/QUOTE]

thanks so much for this tip! unfortunately, the guy locked his spreadsheet, which diminishes many of the benefits of a spreadsheet. it doesn't even allow sorting.

here's the link for people interested in his spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av_kcTrf_YFedG1EbmVvaVB4TV9kaEJWbm9wY3NzQWc#gid=12

I think I'll grab some of those numbers and allow full flexibility of the spreadsheet. That way, someone can sort by AWD if they wanted.

If there's a way to do things with his spreadsheet besides the basic view, please let me know so I don't have to do any work! :razz:

Alright, I used many of those numbers to make a spreadsheet that anyone can sort for their needs:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqRIaiTCmBfMdHp4Zlh3elhEVmt1eHNLcGQtVlJZMlE#gid=0

I'm more interested in performance numbers that matter for gaming. So I put what I thought was important. But since I'm a n00b at racing, if you feel like there are other numbers that are important, please let me know.

[quote name='jdawgg76']What is the extra car via season pass? I've been regretting not being VIP, but so far the extra cars are just normal cars with special skins. Not a big deal to me.[/quote]

The season pass car is a 2006 Lamborghini Miura Concept. So its not a huge loss if not gotten but I would like to have all the cars.

The LE/VIP does have 5 cars unique to it:

2012 Audi R8 GT Spyder
2011 Koenigsegg Agera
2011 Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
2012 Pagani Huayra
2011 RUF Rt 12 R

[quote name='jdawgg76']I sat in an F1 in a London showroom once. Very cool. I had the balls to ask the sales chick if I could get a test drive. She actually said yes if I put down a security deposit of $250,000![/quote]

Very cool. Hard to imagine that a million dollar sports car would be a good investment but the most recent one sold went for 3.5 million pounds.

Hey, I have played the game and never knew there was a car club!! If you can send me a request I'd appreciate it as I'm going out of town after work tonight, GT sikewrdpryznr. Thanks and I'll see you guys on the open road :D

Finally got around to winning all the races in Single Player, I would appreciate it if anyone would buy my vinyl group/design for the "Wheelin' 'n Dealin'" achievement. Search using keyword "achievement please!" and look for "halp" in white letters.

Thanks to whoever bought my design!

bread's done
Back