• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:02 AM

that is one friggin big pic... :p

#33 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:06 AM

Last I heard the actual smartglass app is on android, but not ios. ios's my xbox live can do some smartglass type of stuff. My touchpad can't run either mbl or sg app. :(
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#34 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

that is one friggin big pic... :p

Sorry. Cell phone pic. Uploaded and posted on my phone.

Just read it was meant for an early 2013 release on android and iOS. Released early on android phones with 4.0 or above. Doesn't work on android tablets yet tho.

#35 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

Sorry about the poor video quality. My tablet takes lousy video. The green path is easy to see on the laptop screen, but the recorder kind of washed out the screen so it's hard to see.

Don't be. It showed everything that it needed to. Pretty cool btw.

i sent a request to join.

Getting you added right now, if no one else has. Sorry, about the delay but I work overnights and you caught me in a blind spot.

#36 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

How big is this game in terms of size compared to TDU2? Is it free roam like TDU2 or is it just invite free roam only?

Yes I am aware TDU2 handles like ass and had a lot of launch issues.

#37 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

So far I like the game, but my only complaint is the steering issue. Anyone else having an issue either with certain cars or at the race hub. The car will want to either jerk left or right almost like when a real car is out of balance but worse?
Kinda tempted to mess with the advanced settings and see if that will fix it. Only certain vehicles have done that so far.
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#38 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

How big is this game in terms of size compared to TDU2? Is it free roam like TDU2 or is it just invite free roam only?

Never played TDU2 though I did play the first TDU... I felt like I played TDU allot, though I'm unsure of the actual hour count, but can say I drove every road in Horizon in under ten hours... It not actually sooner than that.

That's not necessary a bad thing... TDU felt way big at times, if not all the time, while Horizon I would say feels like its a good size (Though if they had doubled it in size I wouldn't complain... The game is amazing and I would happily gobble up more roads to drive.) My only complaint in its size is only one Interstate and no real mountain passes.

The fast traveling is also more limited in Horizon if I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure you could fast travel to any road you had driven on in TDU while in Horizon its free fast travel to the festival and expensive fast travel to a handful of destinations once you've driven to them once.

Frankly, I don't mind the lack of fast travel... I really enjoy just driving around.

Also, the Free Roam is a bit more limited. No real gamers are sliced in and out of your world like they where in TDU... Its all CPU all the time. (At least in the single player part... I've not done the MP part at all so far.)

So far I like the game, but my only complaint is the steering issue. Anyone else having an issue either with certain cars or at the race hub. The car will want to either jerk left or right almost like when a real car is out of balance but worse?

Not really... But I've gotten pretty use to it. What surface type are you on and what are you driving? Lose stuff, rear wheel drive, and lots of power (especially applied quickly) don't mix well. :)

#39 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

Yes I am aware TDU2 handles like ass and had a lot of launch issues.

Posted Image

it feels huge. in fact, I hopped into the 1956 Jaguar D-Type and went cruising, just checking out the views... just beautiful...

#40 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

I've been playing almost only single player. What are the "fun" game types in multiplayer? I'll be on tonight if anyone wants to join up.

#41 teddybass

teddybass

Minor Threat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:18 AM

I also sent a request to join the CAG club today, gt Slainet, can you belong to more than one club at a time?

If you don't mind I'll send some friend requests to people here so I can have some competition on the Speed Traps and Rivals races, only 1 person on my friends list has this game.

minorthreat.png

#42 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

I also sent a request to join the CAG club today, gt Slainet, can you belong to more than one club at a time?

I think its one only... I just haven't seen an option to join a second one,

If you don't mind I'll send some friend requests to people here so I can have some competition on the Speed Traps and Rivals races, only 1 person on my friends list has this game.

Nice thing about the club is that everyone in the club gets added to your Speed Traps and whatnot... Which is cool. Its certainly kept me more invested in those than I normally would have been. :D

At a speed zone today I actually posted the 126 overall fastest time... Granted, its a speed zone and those things all pretty much suck ass.

#43 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

I'm really loving the huge open world aspect of this game. It has some amazing cars for cruising (I actually didn't navigate very much of the map because the video was already too long):

I'm cruising in the 1956 Jaguar D-Type.

0:00 A Real Hero (College ft. Electric Youth). 3:27 the Colorado sunset.
4:26 Strangers in a Car (Marc Cohn). 6:44 checking out the full moon.
7:16 Neela Drifts (Brian Tyler). 7:57 the observatory.
10:34 Blindsided (Bon Iver). 10:35 sunrise.
16:01 We Own the Sky (M83). 18:29 the beautiful wind farm.
21:04 Rez (Underworld). 24:15 one of the beautiful waterfalls. 25:49 going over the dam.
31:03 Holoscene (Bon Iver).
36:40 Every Night (Imagine Dragons).
40:16 Take Over the World (The Courteeners).
44:01 Everything'll Be Alright (Will's Lullaby) (Joshua Radin).

I barely covered the area in the game which is a testament to how huge it is. I did backtrack a few of the roads because when I was recording, I didn't know I'd be making this kind of video. It covers a full day cycle. Editing the audio for the video resulted in a lot of video compression which I apologize for.

Edited by dirtyvu, 28 October 2012 - 07:56 PM.

#44 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

it was at the game hub which was just plain ol road or tarmac depending on what area you are from. I'm familiar with torque steer, but not to that extent.
They were some of the newer muscle cars like the newer charger and challenger and the older boss 429 from the mustang vs mustang challenge.

[QUOTE=

Not really... But I've gotten pretty use to it. What surface type are you on and what are you driving? Lose stuff, rear wheel drive, and lots of power (especially applied quickly) don't mix well. :)[/QUOTE]
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#45 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

Played the demo, couldn't get the DiRT vibes out of my mind while playing it. Although I greatly associate Forza with the sterile racing environment, I'll definitely pick this up later down the line.

I'm absolutely in love with the soundtrack so far, Forza has always been good with bringing over drum and bass and electronic music into their games.

#46 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:53 AM

Played the demo, couldn't get the DiRT vibes out of my mind while playing it.

Yeah this was me as well, I said well I played the crap out of DiRT 3 already.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D  Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#47 koheed

koheed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:06 AM

Request to join club sent.

#48 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:18 AM

Yeah this was me as well, I said well I played the crap out of DiRT 3 already.

Alot is ripped right from Dirt 2 & 3. Just played mp for the first time and it has three party modes including Infected (Outbreak) and Cat and Mouse (Cat and Mouse!) which are just like Dirt 3. Still fun as always though. Even stole a song from Dirt 2.

#49 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:55 AM

I'm pleased and satisfied with this game, it has met my expectations for what they said it would be. Only annoying bit is when you hit a car head on it just bounces off. I would've liked a little more damage and/or realism for that.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#50 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:02 AM

Just did a Street Race where it was pretty much from corner to corner of the map. (SW to NE)

It took about 9:30 in an S class car.

#51 USB Cable

USB Cable

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

Anyone else get the CE version of the game from Amazon for $39.99 mistakenly like I did? O_o
Spoiler

#52 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

Alot is ripped right from Dirt 2 & 3. Just played mp for the first time and it has three party modes including Infected (Outbreak) and Cat and Mouse (Cat and Mouse!) which are just like Dirt 3. Still fun as always though. Even stole a song from Dirt 2.

Oh wow really lol.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D  Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#53 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:38 AM

Doesn't have the shitty DiRT menus though.

Trade List

#54 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:10 AM

I'm pleased and satisfied with this game, it has met my expectations for what they said it would be. Only annoying bit is when you hit a car head on it just bounces off. I would've liked a little more damage and/or realism for that.

Agreed, there should be more of a penalty for crashing into traffic. This isn't nfs or burnout.

Doesn't have the DiRT menus though.

Fixed. Although the race recap screen is pretty reminiscent of Dirt.

#55 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

Posted Image

Trade List

#56 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

Vip, that's sweet looking! :applause: (I'll see if I cannot figure out how to get some pictures of my own designs up.)

Single player... I just finished it, or well, I finished the "story" as I still have a ton of events (both bracelet, street, and I think one or two showcase events) left but my thoughts on the game after quite bit of time in SP.

All and all the game is quite amazing... My complaints are, really, really, minor and many of them are just nitpicking.

Single Player
Content; There certainly isn't a lack of it... but it does seem a bit lite compared to a Forza Motorsport title... Then again FM repeats so many events with just a simple change (Change in class, etc.) that its not a real fair comparison... I guess what it really comes down to I enjoyed Horizon so much that I wouldn't be upset if it had more.

Traffic; It almost seems without fail to be lined up against me... and not the CPU racers. Though, it does make it quite funny when they are taken out. Like others I think the punishment for hitting them is a bit lite and I think an option should have been included for something more punishing for while racing but not for just driving around... I think if it was more punishing in free mode it would likely just add frustration and not fun. (Then again I got pretty much consumed the last few days with getting from Race A to Race B as quick as possible... and my popularity rank shows it. I'm still forty something.

Cutscenes; After the heavy use of cutscenes in the beginning I was rather surprised by the lack of them toward the end of the game... (This isn't really a complaint... Just an observation.)

Vinyl/Car Painting; If I have my radio turned off why am I forced to listen to the same three songs while designing stuff?

Car Painting Part 2; Why can I not paint the Forza Wing when using it?

Driver Avatar; Your character never speaks, I'm pretty close to certain that his gender is never mentioned, so why isn't their an option for a female driver?

Manufacture Races; Ferrari, Ford, Aston Martin, Chevrolet, Lamborghini, all of them and then some should have races that are restricted to their makes only... but why is there one for Bentley when everyone is forced to drive the same thing...? (The Bentley Continental.)

Roads; This sort of goes with the above mentioned “Content” section but as many roads as there is I'm sort of disappointed by the lack of real mountain passes.... There's not one switchback in the game after all. \

Anyhow, like I said... Real nitpicking and none of it really takes away from the game or my enjoyment of it...

I will say I hope the next Horizon has weather to go along with its night driving... (and I hope the next FM has both.)

Question for anyone who has finished the campaign.

Spoiler

#57 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:09 AM

Thanks!

Trade List

#58 Captain Wrong

Captain Wrong

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

Horizon recognizes your Forza 3 and 4 saves and gives you cars based on that, right? How do you know if it found your old saves?

Edited by Captain Wrong, 31 October 2012 - 08:30 PM.

#59 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:47 AM

When you earn your way into the Horizons event and get the yellow bracelet you receive a message that your loyalty cars are in the garage. Go there to check them out.

#60 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

Horizon recognizes your Forza 3 and 4 saves and gives you cars based on that, right? How do you know if it found your old saves?

Speaking of this... I have a few cars on one save file I need to get to my primary save file. (I had to start the game over again to trigger the Forza achievement)

Is there anyone with a CE that wouldn't be off put by gifting cars back to me after I gift them to you? (Most of the cars are the liveries cars you get on day one.)