Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

• Please log in to reply
2457 replies to this topic

#631 chibamm

chibamm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

I can't get coupon to work. I'm assuming it's for only working for PUR Pro members?
Posted Image

#632 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

Wait so what is the coupon, code free shipping also? damn

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#633 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Well I was hoping to snag GoW Origins, Ratchet & Clank, and Jak & Daxter but I would have wanted to snag all three with free shipping to pull the trigger. Oh well.

GoW Origins never applied for this deal. The OP was just breaking it down for a way that you can considering the price you're paying.

You have to do it one at a time and only titles with MSRP over $24.98 will qualify for free shipping (SAVER).. so you can get Ratchet & Clank with FS, but you will have to wait on Jak & Daxter until the day the deal is suppose to go live (11/4) to get it in-store.

#634 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Wow, this thread blew up after last night, lol. Don't want to read through 30 pages so I guess just give them the code Sony50 and ill be able to get 50% off a sony collection?

#635 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I got GOW Saga, Jak and Ico/Shadow, but I'm wondering if I should've picked up Ratchet Collection, too. The only thing holding me off from that is I still have the first 2 PS3 Ratchet games I haven't really played yet. Easier to backlog Jak for $10 for a PS2 platformer than it was to get Ratchet at $15.

#636 geenlung

geenlung

I have pro and it worked

#637 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

Wait so what is the coupon, code free shipping also? damn

Looks like the 50% off code is Sony50 and the free shipping is SAVER.

#638 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Major thanks to mitch079 for figuring out the code.. forgot to post that earlier :)

Ditto. I put in an order for Journey and Ratchet. I want Jak but can't get free shipping since it costs under $25. Hopefully, this becomes active in store soon.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#639 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

They removed it from item pages now? So much for that argument in store. GS super-fail today.

#640 Tiny Gallon

Tiny Gallon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

via Gamestop site:
Coupon SONY50 - PUR Member Receive 50% off 1 select Sony Title with coupon. Expires 11/14/2012.

Coupon SAVER - Free Value Shipping on purchases of $24.99 or more. Exclused Consoles and Laptops. Other Restrictions may apply. Expires 12/31/2012.

#641 sonicsam

sonicsam

ElectroLife

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

So when I wrote my last post, I was actually in my car debating whether I should go back in, buy the game, then get a refund-rering come Monday when we're all supposed to get the coupon. I went back in and even though I didn't want to order online, I did. I did it on my phone (NOTE: coupons do not work on Mobile site!) I got all the way to the screen before you press the last button to place order and I showed both the guy and the girl the screen and coupon codes and my total which was $17.XX (CA tax). Their face wasn't happy or surprised, just kind of pissed off maybe that I was in the store again. :/ hopefully at least they learned to tell people with the same questions as me to just go online and use the two coupon codes, cause if you don't have the coupon, the game will get to your place come Monday or Tuesday (if you didn't choose the SAVER shipping) still though, not worth the time and trouble going because unless you get super chill people who know the site can't lie, they won't even care.

#642 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

Yea you can. I'm assuming you have it on your PUR card. You will need to type in the long number and use the 4 digits under the scratch off as the PIN

There is a text entry box right in the middle of the final checkout page for giftcards. You can add more than one.

coupon is working for me but one game at a time

Same for everyone else since SONY50 works on only one eligible game per order. A shame GS goofed this promo, I would have picked up J&C and maybe one or two others but shipping of $3.49 per title kills the deal a little. Killzone and R&C for half off with free econ shipping is fine by me though!

#643 Seraph830

Seraph830

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

Hmmmm not sure if I want to go through with this now. I wanted to get the ICO collection and was going to give up on it due to the coupon thing. However the SONY50 code and Saver code renewed my interest. I just walked out of GameStop after I signed up for a new rewards card and went to purchase it online, only to realize that the saver code does not work since its under $20 so after shipping and tax the total is over $15. I know it's $5 but at that point it's only $5 off retail and I can wait for some other discount.

#644 AkariK

AkariK

マスタースパーク

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

Neat, Sony50 worked and I get free shipping on R&C, though as someone else mentioned I'm paying double the tax. Oh well, my extra $1.30 is the cost of the time/gas I saved trying to deal with CS and then driving to the store I suppose.

#645 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

I spent all morning trying to line up a local store that had all the games in stock and not gutted (which, BTW is impossible with Journey). (I couldn't go cause my kid was home sick.) Then when the notices went up on the items I tried online but ran into issues, so I called and would not let them off the phone until they resolved the issue. Here's that my order looks like...

Spoiler

Total with tax 106.45 though I suspect it'll be lower once they ship and the tax auto-corrects.

That wasn't too wise on their part...most likely allows one to return the full price games for full return value, and keep the free discounted ones.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#646 crimsonassassin

crimsonassassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

The X is there incase you want to remove the coupon from your order.

I just tried the coupon code and it still works. Be sure to use SAVER for free shipping.

...but it did not discount the game at all either.

#647 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Neat, Sony50 worked and I get free shipping on R&C, though as someone else mentioned I'm paying double the tax. Oh well, my extra $1.30 is the cost of the time/gas I saved trying to deal with CS and then driving to the store I suppose.

tax is applied to item before price reduction not after!

and yeah I don't see the Uncharted 1,2 pack and Infamous 1+2 pack online wtf!?!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#648 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

...but it did not discount the game at all either.

I had to enter my pur number again for some reason. It' worked for me after that.

#649 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Just a question guys. I'm paying with my power up card which i was able to use in store and not pay any tax. Yet it's asking me for tax online. Is this normal?

#650 karkyco

karkyco

Welp, printed out pages when the deal was still listed on them, went in store, and got it price adjusted.

Ratchet + God Of War for 37.

Done!

That's exactly what I did. each item's printout was 6 or 7 pages long, with the details of the offer at the bottom of the first page on most, sometimes trailing onto the second page. I know clusterfuck deals such as this always need to be printed/screencapped and hit up quickly.

Hopefully it will indeed come back for everyone without requiring a coupon, manual price adjustments/manager overrides et al though...

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#651 ZeroUnderOne

ZeroUnderOne

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Best buy price matched GOW saga over the phone for me when the bonus was listed on the site.

#652 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

GoW Origins never applied for this deal. The OP was just breaking it down for a way that you can considering the price you're paying.

You have to do it one at a time and only titles with MSRP over $24.98 will qualify for free shipping (SAVER).. so you can get Ratchet & Clank with FS, but you will have to wait on Jak & Daxter until the day the deal is suppose to go live (11/4) to get it in-store.

Well that is a bummer about Origins. Guess I'll wait till my birthday on Sunday and try to pick up the remaining two. I would like to get the Journey disc as well but, like others, I smell a PS+ freebie soon enough.

#653 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Saver isn't working for me on journey ce

#654 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Got Ratchet and Clank Collection for $17.09 after taxes (they charged taxes on the initial $29.99 price I assume). SAVER and SONY50 stacked.

Thanks OP, glad to see this deal finally came through.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#655 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

anyone know if this works with the bundles that come with the controllers

#656 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

Just a question guys. I'm paying with my power up card which i was able to use in store and not pay any tax. Yet it's asking me for tax online. Is this normal?

I guess so. I just finished an email exchange with GS about a pre-order that I noticed taxes on. They basically said GS collects taxes except for states with no sales tax, which I know isn't the case because I'm in TX and I don't get charged taxes in store when I buy something with store credit. I don't know. I tried, but it's always been this way online.

#657 snake

snake

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

do you have to be a paid member? sony50 isn't working for me. saver works though.

#658 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

Thanks guys, ordered R&C $17 w/ tax shipped, saver and sony50 worked

#659 Leftylikesgames

Leftylikesgames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

And why can't gamestop make this easy on me and allow me to sign up for the membership online? Ugh.

#660 Brawl96

Brawl96

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

Does this offer work in store on multiple games?