Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

• Please log in to reply
2457 replies to this topic

#871 MICHAE2414

MICHAE2414

We'll get there soon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

Just placed an order, second-guessed my purchase (AKA more for the backlog) and immediately cancelled it. I think I'm done thinking about this deal, more power to the rest of you taking advantage of it; these are great prices so don't pass it up like I'm doing, lol.
Posted Image

#872 Ryan_gf

Ryan_gf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

Grabbed Ico/SotC for myself and Jak Collection for a friend. Thank you for hooking us up with the online code! I swore there were going to be riots once the scant nature of the coupon started to show itself last night around this time...

#873 gibbyva

gibbyva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

Tip if you want to get the $10 games and still use SAVER.

I just added 4 cheap PS2 games I needed since the B2G2 sale on them stack with SAVER & SONY50 and my total came to $14.94 for the 5 games. Technically it's subbing 4 games for the shipping cost but it's a win IMO.

Order Contents: Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection 1 $19.99 Posted Image
Speed Kings 1 $1.49 Posted Image
Gundam: Journey to Jaburo - Used 1 $1.99 Posted Image
4x4 Evolution 1 $1.99 Posted Image
Mercury Meltdown Remix - Used 1 $1.99

Ship this package to:

Shipping Method:
Value - $0.00 Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted ImagePUR Member Receive 50% off 1 select Sony Title with coupon. Expires 11/14/2012. Posted Image -$10.00 Posted Image
Discount Posted Image -$0.15 Posted Image
Buy 2 Get 2 Free on Pre-Owned PS2 games $3.99 and under. Not valid with other offers. Expires 12/31/2012. Posted Image -$1.34 Posted Image
Discount Posted Image -$0.20 Posted Image
Buy 2 Get 2 Free on Pre-Owned PS2 games $3.99 and under. Not valid with other offers. Expires 12/31/2012. Posted Image -$1.79 Posted Image
Subtotal: Posted Image $13.57 Posted Image
Estimated Tax: Posted Image $1.37 Posted Image
Handling: Posted Image $0.00 Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Total: Posted Image $14.94

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#874 Wheeliedude

Wheeliedude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:09 AM

Does anyone think that Amazon will price-match?

#875 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:15 AM

ordered Journey online. don't feel like adding filler to get the Jak and Daxter. I'll try instore

#876 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:17 AM

If you want the $10 games and don't want to pay for shipping, just buy something cheap to get it up to $15, then return it in-store.

#877 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:19 AM

If you want the $10 games and don't want to pay for shipping, just buy something cheap to get it up to $15, then return it in-store.

Someone also mentioned adding a $5 gift card.

#878 Tdog987

Tdog987

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:21 AM

Tell me your secrets.

You have to buy each game separately...I also live in Oregon (No sales tax)

You also have a power up rewards card (not sure if requires a pro or just the free basic)...I bought a pro today for $15/yr...comes with a sub for Game Informer too.

For Journey CE I used the SONY50 code to get it to $14.99 and the SAVER code for Free shipping

For Jack and Daxter I used the SONY50 code to get it to $9.99 + $3.49 shipping...SAVER doesn't work

For Ico/Shadow I did the same as Jak and Dexter.

You have to put in your power up rewards card or the codes don't work.

#879 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:27 AM

For the gift cards, do I get a code for it and can I use it immediately to apply to the other deals?

#880 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:40 AM

I see $10 min for gift cards

#881 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

For the gift cards, do I get a code for it and can I use it immediately to apply to the other deals?

I tested it and it looks like they send you an actual gift card so no to your question unfortunately.

I see $10 min for gift cards

In the other box, even though it says (min $10) it will let you add a $5.

#882 yruluis

yruluis

Группа Чи-Л

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:50 AM

Thanks for responding. Damn. Didn't realize that you just purchase the game alone if the game was 29.99 before coupon. Got Journey and ratchet and clank.

Too busy killing mosquitoes to go to sleep.

You have to buy each game separately...I also live in Oregon (No sales tax)

You also have a power up rewards card (not sure if requires a pro or just the free basic)...I bought a pro today for $15/yr...comes with a sub for Game Informer too.

For Journey CE I used the SONY50 code to get it to $14.99 and the SAVER code for Free shipping

For Jack and Daxter I used the SONY50 code to get it to $9.99 + $3.49 shipping...SAVER doesn't work

For Ico/Shadow I did the same as Jak and Dexter.

You have to put in your power up rewards card or the codes don't work.

#883 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:59 AM

Just a warning, the two Origins games in GOW Saga are download vouchers, not hard copies. Sony misled people on that one.

Yeah I was about to go back into the store and tell them they forgot to give me that disc until I realized it.

#884 redmangoose

redmangoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:00 AM

Hey, so I'm too lazy to look through the thread. Here's my question:
Can I use the coupon for multiple items assuming each item is a different transaction?

And what would you guys recommend getting? I'm playing GOW I+II HD and it's pretty fun, so I could go for the GOW saga but I'm hoping it and the controller bundle go on sale. Already have UC 1+2 and Killzone trilogy.

#885 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:05 AM

Hey, so I'm too lazy to look through the thread. Here's my question:
Can I use the coupon for multiple items assuming each item is a different transaction?

And what would you guys recommend getting? I'm playing GOW I+II HD and it's pretty fun, so I could go for the GOW saga but I'm hoping it and the controller bundle go on sale. Already have UC 1+2 and Killzone trilogy.

Yes you can and should use the coupon for multiple transactions. As for the collections, you should get all of them. Literally, they are all well worth the money and all great games.

#886 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:07 AM

Thanks but SAVER wouldn't apply. Even tried $6 gc to be safe

#887 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

Thanks but SAVER wouldn't apply. Even tried $6 gc to be safe

You're using a physical address and not a PO Box right? I know someone said they had that problem with the SAVER code.

#888 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

After reading through all the experiences going into Gamestop in this thread, I can clearly see why people prefer to shop online. I am always shocked when ANY B/M store actually knows about their own promotions. I am always the one telling them about it, then they have to go look it up, etc. If a B/M store really wants to compete, they should train their damn employees and keep them abreast of all relevant current promotions.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#889 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

Genius! I decided to pick up Shadow Collossus / The Ico with $5 gift card with Saver and Sony50.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#890 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:18 AM

Damnit, and I thought I was done with ordering.. in for one order of R&C, and another order of J&D with a gift card. That's it, I swear.

#891 Fors78

Fors78

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:24 AM

How do you get a $5 gift card? I only see $10

#892 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:25 AM

After reading through all the experiences going into Gamestop in this thread, I can clearly see why people prefer to shop online. I am always shocked when ANY B/M store actually knows about their own promotions. I am always the one telling them about it, then they have to go look it up, etc. If a B/M store really wants to compete, they should train their damn employees and keep them abreast of all relevant current promotions.

To be fair, I think this was a Fuck up at the corporate/website level, and the promotion really wasn't supposed to happen, at least not until Monday many of us were told. So the employees in-store were never supposed to know about it.

#893 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

Genius! I decided to pick up Shadow Collossus / The Ico with $5 gift card with Saver and Sony50.

Nice! I was contemplating a gift card, but I found a $4.99 used game that made SAVER work on Jak & Daxter, thought might as well try to see if it comes complete.

I better not wake up tomorrow with GS cancel emails and this thread growing 40 more pages of rage.

#894 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:30 AM

I actually didn't get a PUR card until recently as I don't usually shop there and didn't know they were free. I am actually surprised no one has ever asked me to sign up for the PUR card at the store.

:shock:Not sure if serious

#895 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:35 AM

Hmm, so even if I pay all with credit online they still charge tax? I was going to add R&C to the Jak, Ico and GOW Saga I already got in-store, but I think I'll just wait to see if I do get a coupon on Monday. I'd rather not pay tax if I can avoid it.

#896 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

Nice! I was contemplating a gift card, but I found a $4.99 used game that made SAVER work on Jak & Daxter, thought might as well try to see if it comes complete.

I better not wake up tomorrow with GS cancel emails and this thread growing 40 more pages of rage.

Hey what do you think of Jax & Daxter? I was wondering about picking that one up as well and Rachet and Clank. Someone please convince me since I have no knowledge of Playstation games.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#897 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:13 AM

people who are cognizant of deals, especially something like this that was poorly advertised to the public, make up a very small proportion of the market base of those who purchase games in general. deals are ran specifically for the segment of the population that's highly (relatively) elastic to prices and thus they require price reductions to enter transactions. if anything, this is perfect--people who know of deals will always explain them to employees, anyway, because they want that price differences and consider it to be more beneficial than the time wasted (and frustration) of explaining is costly. those who do not know likely don't care, and the store is better off entering into transactions with those people without coupons.

#898 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

Never played ICO/Shadow so I am getting in on this.
Posted Image

#899 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

code doesn't seem to be working with Uncharted dual pack!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#900 ssjChris

ssjChris

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:22 AM

Thanks to the online code, I got Journey and a used copy of Gungrave on PS2 for $20.62 (my current copy randomly disappeared a few months back). Saver worked once I dropped in Gungrave.