Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

• Please log in to reply
2457 replies to this topic

#991 Frahps

Frahps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

Unfortunately this was an offer that was not available for all customers. It was made available to a selection of customers who met the sample criteria, and we do not have extra coupons to offer.

Gamestop for the win here! I just wonder what this "criteria" was? Many people on here bought lots from GS, including tons of first party Sony games (like me), so, what else did we need to be eligible? That's what I'm the most curious about.

#992 Luriden

Luriden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

I submitted a price match request on Amazon for every one of the games on sale. Not keeping my hopes up, but maybe if a few others do the same, they'll look into it. Nudge nudge?

76561197977061647.png

#993 hobbie8046

hobbie8046

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

^thrice. Yusssss.

76561197983083270.png

#994 Lonedragon87

Lonedragon87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

I see people having lots of issues on here. I ordered last night with just a filler for two of the orders my orders are still open. Are people getting their orders cancelled?

#995 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

This is probably nitpicking, but I'm not sure if this is true for those who actually received the coupon. I was able to redeem mine in-store yesterday with zero problems.

Same here. Hell the manager at mine asked me if I wanted to wait for them to get Jak & Daxter back in (on Monday I think he said) and use the coupon then.

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#996 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

Wow 1000 replies in less than 2 days. Damn

#997 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

Went to BBY and got price matched.

So Gamestop does not honor their own promotion, but BBY will PM Gamestop's promotion. Hmm, I wonder why I wanna sodomize Gamestop. And marry BBY.

#998 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

I see people having lots of issues on here. I ordered last night with just a filler for two of the orders my orders are still open. Are people getting their orders cancelled?

Only one of my orders was cancelled, probably because it had a gift card as filler. My other orders are still in open status, and I've already been charged for them.

#999 kanamit

kanamit

Jesus Wept

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

So Gamestop does not honor their own promotion, but BBY will PM Gamestop's promotion. Hmm, I wonder why I wanna sodomize Gamestop. And marry BBY.

Don't fall in love, they both can and will stab you in the back when you least expect it.

#1000 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

Had a huge hour long hassle that worked out pretty well for me last night, just getting the deal on a couple of the games at Gamestop even with the printouts of the original game pages that had the documentation clearly indicating that all that was needed was a PowerUp Rewards membership and the discount would automatically be taken off by the register in store (no mention of a coupon necessary). Basically, the employee told me they would make a manual adjustment on a couple of the games, and as a compromise they allowed me to pick so of course I took half off of two game/DS3 bundles (GoW Saga and the InFamous bundles), pretty nice since they aren't even part of the official deal.

No real chance in hell of exploiting this on a massive scale, which is to be expected, and in fact all I wanted was one copy each on 4 or 5 of the games. I have a printout of the banner with the "Coupon Required" removed, so I will give it another shot if I don't get the coupon come Monday.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#1001 ZildjianKX

ZildjianKX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

Only one of my orders was cancelled, probably because it had a gift card as filler. My other orders are still in open status, and I've already been charged for them.

My order with a gift card just got cancelled as well, bummer. Customer support is worthless too.

#1002 Mr. Grimm

Mr. Grimm

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

Don't fall in love, they both can and will stab you in the back when you least expect it.

Amen.

#1003 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

I'll get a divorce. I already divorced Amazon (still hooking up with Amazon DVG though).

#1004 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Yeah I had the gift card one cancelled too, maybe because $5 gift cards arent supposed to exist? Might try one with a $10 gc

#1005 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

I can't get sony50 to work anymore. Is it officially dead unless u got a coupon?

#1006 k1ngster

k1ngster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

Got it to work.

#1007 Gatorsfan35

Gatorsfan35

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Did you take the screenshot from the website or the coupon?

#1008 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

I give up, for some reason I can sign in to gamestop.com fine, but when I checkout from the cart to pay, It keeps saying my email or password is wrong. Also called multiple gamestop, all of them dont know what I'm talking about.

#1009 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

I give up, for some reason I can sign in to gamestop.com fine, but when I checkout from the cart to pay, It keeps saying my email or password is wrong. Also called multiple gamestop, all of them dont know what I'm talking about.

You're calling multiple stores to take care of a website issue? That might be one reason they don't know what you're talking about. :applause:

#1010 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

You're calling multiple stores to take care of a website issue? That might be one reason they don't know what you're talking about. :applause:

Uhh no I called about the deal not my web problem. But yeah that does sound stupid in context

#1011 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

Curious as well

#1012 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

Got it to work.

You can get it to work right now?? I'm a pro member and I haven't used the code yet, but when I type in sony50, all I get is

Posted Image Oops! Please correct the errors below to continue.

• The coupon you entered is not currently valid. Please check the spelling of the code and the expiration date of the coupon.

#1013 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

After reading through all the experiences going into Gamestop in this thread, I can clearly see why people prefer to shop online. I am always shocked when ANY B/M store actually knows about their own promotions. I am always the one telling them about it, then they have to go look it up, etc. If a B/M store really wants to compete, they should train their damn employees and keep them abreast of all relevant current promotions.

Think thats bad?

I had 1 store claim it was a hoax created by Joystiq and another location tell me that they would not honor false deals (actually debated with this moron).

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#1014 jdirtybird32

jdirtybird32

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

This coupon crap is bullshit. I have NEVER! received a single coupon other then my original B2G1 Free coupon. I'm sick of missing out on deals like this because GS wants to select who can get what deals. Fuck them I'm done with GS at this point.

#1015 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

Did you take the screenshot from the website or the coupon?

I showed them on my phone, then they pulled up the GS website on their own PC's. They called over a manager and he said he would PM.

This was all while I was doing a trade in. I asked the trade in guy if they were PMing the gamestop sale, he looked it up and called a manager.

I would also recommend taking your PUR card and printing the coupon that is up on this thread. YMMV, similar to the TRU PM.

Good luck guys

#1016 I Am Legend

I Am Legend

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

Good job Gamestop. You have successfully alienated plenty of customers with crappy business practices right before your prime business season begins.

#1017 Snowglare

Snowglare

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

Any chance that a price match would work at Walmart?

They don't pricematch online or % discounts, so probably not.

#1018 Solomon87

Solomon87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

Ugh, both of my orders on gamestop are still in OPEN status, i bet i know what is going on at this point. I'm pretty sure corporate has put all of our orders on hold while debating about this, i know what is going to happen though....they will just cancel this outright.

#1019 Mcast

Mcast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

HELP!!! Does anyone have screenshots from the website showing the deal, They seem to have taken it off their site only showing a search for sony collections with no banner, my local gamestop says thell honor the deal if i go with a printout---- help very much appreciated

#1020 maguszxz

maguszxz

Vote Drake/Sully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

I can't believe this. I been to two GameStops and I get two different stories. I will just wait until I hear something or do Black Friday. I am so done with this