Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

• Please log in to reply
2457 replies to this topic

#1111 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

Well, since this has now turned into a "who's order has shipped" thread, my two orders have shipped, ratchet and clank and journey. Placed both orders at around 2am central. Held off on the Jak collection because I wanted to trade in the ps2 copies, damn it.

#1112 Solomon87

Solomon87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

I hope everyone who didn't order online gets a coupon next week somehow. Despite Gamestop shipping my orders(I hope there is no drama with my stuff getting here, i live in an apartment) i still will be avoiding them like i usually do going forward. I had not bought anything from them in more then two years until this deal and look what happens, a bunch of shit over a couple games.

#1113 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

Well on the positive side the 50 trade bump worked like a charm even though the manager didn't know about it.

How did you do that? Looks like anything related to this promo was removed from the website.

#1114 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

R&C hasn't been a penny less than 29.99 from any retailer since the day it came out.

Amazon has it for $28.17 and a Prime eligible 3rd party seller has it for 27.99

#1115 bmulligan

bmulligan

I am a free man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

Damn, SONY50 code still not working for me either. I've also been a PUR member for the last umpteen years. I was a member even before it was the Edge card.

Nice of them to reward loyal customers.

The Neo-Communist Manifesto: "In your mind freedom is an end in and of itself. In my mind freedom is a means of improving society and giving people a better life. Those ideas result in very different methods of running society. " - alonzomourning23

bmulligan.png<------GOOZEX ?    Goozex is dead.

#1116 pasolini

pasolini

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

Amazon has it for $28.17 and a Prime eligible 3rd party seller has it for 27.99

ok, maybe i was being too literal. A $1.82 discount is useless to me. I don't consider that a CAG-worthy deal

#1117 sticnap

sticnap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

The one thing I ordered was shipped. I'm surprised, I thought all orders would be canceled considering someone just guessed SONY50.

#1118 Calinks

Calinks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

As long as this is still going on in store, I shall make an effort to get GOW.
Follow me, @Calinks3 Twitter to talk Games, MMA, TV

#1119 yruluis

yruluis

Группа Чи-Л

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

:DItems started shipping.:D

#1120 Calinks

Calinks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

Looks like I didn't get the coupon. Lame as I didn't get the PS3 sale couple they had nearly two years ago. Luckily a CAG hooked me up. I don't know how they decided who gets what.
Follow me, @Calinks3 Twitter to talk Games, MMA, TV

#1121 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

Do I need the paid GameStop membership to get the deal (once and if it ever comes back up)?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1122 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

All my orders shipped, yay! That makes me feel better. None of the tracking info they gave me works though, is that the same for all of you?

#1123 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

I just screen capped the image from the Gamestop page (w/o it saying it needs a coupon code) and will attempt to price match at BestBuy later on tonight. Hopefully I can.

Seriously, this deal is getting really out of control but it should be all good next week or during black friday so no real worries.

#1124 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Well, since this has now turned into a "who's order has shipped" thread, my two orders have shipped, ratchet and clank and journey. Placed both orders at around 2am central. Held off on the Jak collection because I wanted to trade in the ps2 copies, damn it.

Very similar to you, my orders for Ratchet and Journey shipped. I too wanted Jak but didn't order due to shipping. Here's hoping they still plan to hold the deal in store on Monday.

Currently playing:

:3ds: Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds - :) 
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#1125 Bazz

Bazz

SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com

• CAGiversary!

My order shipped on a side note they updated my messed up tax calculation.

I need 1 more sign up if anyone could help please. http://www.yourfree360games.com/index.php?ref=244985
SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com-Do me a favor and check it out. Would love to hear your feedback;)

#1126 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

Shipped! WOOP!:D

For those of you who waited around, maybe they will add the coupons to more accounts, on the 5th, like some have mentioned. I'm PUR Pro and didn't get 1.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1127 Mcast

Mcast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

Just got back from gamestop could not get them to honor the deal, they said they could not mark down the games themselves, but i wonder if that was just because their manager was on break?

#1128 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

Just got back from gamestop could not get them to honor the deal, they said they could not mark down the games themselves, but i wonder if that was just because their manager was on break?

I got them to do it without manager (unless he was a manager, though he went in the back to talk to someone...) approval, so either that 1 guy happened to know the coupon code or they just refused.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#1129 blcklblskt

blcklblskt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

I tried to order Killzone Collection but the SAVER coupon won't work. SONY50 still works, however.

#1130 Guillermo_IGN

Guillermo_IGN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

Do I enter Sony50 at the promotional insert or before checkout is there a enter coupon there that Sony50 works?

#1131 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

Journey shipped:whee:
Killzone shipped :whee:
Ratchet shipped :whee:
ICO/SOTC shipped :whee: Pac-Man Stress Ball not shipped yet :-(
Jak canceled due to gift card / shipping shenanigans #-o

Reserved a sealed copy of Jak in-store. Clerk refused to take 50% off since he believed the promo will be automatic, so I bought it on the condition that I can return it for a refund of the difference when the promo goes live (if it does) or for a full refund if it doesn't. :-k

Oh well, in the end 4/5 isn't bad for a confusing and mostly broken promo.

#1132 Mcast

Mcast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

the employee did say his manager was waiting for me before going on break, he ended up calling some other manager from another store, makes me wonder if i could of walked out with those games if i just gotten there sooner? Maybe ill try again tomorrow when the manager is there

#1133 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

Do I enter Sony50 at the promotional insert or before checkout is there a enter coupon there that Sony50 works?

it expired hours ago
Posted Image

#1134 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

Just got a shipping confirmation email for every one of my online orders. I did not use gift card to get SAVER to work on Jak/Daxter Collection $10, I added a $4.99 used game instead (total was $24.99 before SONY50, but $14.99 after, so it qualified for SAVER). Already owned Ico/SotC.

Glad it worked because I brought proof in-store, and even showed them on their own website when this deal was "live" but they still wouldn't honor it. Each game had a description under it saying 50% off with PUR membership, this was before the famous banner went live on their website stating coupon req + valid in store only.

#1135 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

My Killzone shipped, woohoo. Was kind of a headache, but I came out victorious so it's all good!

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1136 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

Glad to see that most people's online orders are being fulfilled. I missed out on using the code, but luckily I was able to PM Jak and Ratchet (only two I needed) at Best Buy.

For all those attempting Best Buy PM's, it looks like there won't be any more shipments of the Jak Collection to stores. Most of the ones in my area were out of them, and I was fortunate the rep helping me knew how to OMS order a copy to be shipped to my house.

#1137 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

Perhaps to help with potential pricematches and evidence for Gamestop employees, the OP can be updated with the links to these original screen captures / scans of the individual product pages that indicate the only caveat originally was PowerUp Rewards membership (free OR pro)...no mention of a coupon was ever made originally, and given how many of these orders shipped it should be open to PowerUp Rewards member.

Edited by karkyco, 03 November 2012 - 04:36 PM.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#1138 thisisthetito4

thisisthetito4

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

This was a bs promo. i contacted them by email. and this is the response.

ME:hello.i see that there is a promotion on the website and instore for 50% off sony collections with a coupons from powerup rewards members.I have not received that coupon but i see that the promotion is active.why havent i recieved that coupons even thought im a paid member?

GS CS:Dear Tito,

Thank you for contacting PowerUp Rewards.

Unfortunately this was an offer that was not available for all customers. It was made available to a selection of customers who met the sample criteria, and we do not have extra coupons to offer. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused; however, we encourage you to keep an eye out for future offers that will be made available.?

If you have additional questions, we are here for you. You can respond to this email, or if you prefer to speak to someone directly, you can reach us 7 days a week 8am ? 8pm at 800-883-8895.

#1139 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

Perhaps to help with potential pricematches and evidence for Gamestop employees, the OP can be updated with the links to these original screen captures / scans of the individual product pages that indicate the only caveat originally was PowerUp Rewards membership (free OR pro)...no mention of a coupon was ever made originally, and given how many of these orders shipped it should be open to PowerUp Rewards member.

Thanks for those. I tried using those scans at the only local GS with a sealed Jak but they said no outright, citing that "they haven't been informed of the promo, it wasn't in the system, website might be a mistake that they can't honor, etc..." Fair enough, I suppose. Will see come Monday if GS honors it.

#1140 thisisthetito4

thisisthetito4

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

What kind of membership is this?you pay for it yet you dont quite get all the freaken benefits? Criteria? it said nothing about it.just to be a member.i see they have now taken the freaken sale down too.