Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

• Please log in to reply
2457 replies to this topic

#1711 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

I went down with my cell. Everything was going fine expect that he refused to sell me the Uncharted Dual pack. Which is the only thing I wanted. He was fine with other games but he said that the coupon did not mention Uncharted dual pack. I told him to check his emails and he said he didn't get anything on such a deal. So I spent 20 minutes in the store for nothing.

I don't like to bash/rant so this is where my post ends.

#1712 aramsey1986

aramsey1986

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

I went down with my cell. Everything was going fine expect that he refused to sell me the Uncharted Dual pack. Which is the only thing I wanted. He was fine with other games but he said that the coupon did not mention Uncharted dual pack. I told him to check his emails and he said he didn't get anything on such a deal. So I spent 20 minutes in the store for nothing.

I don't like to bash/rant so this is where my post ends.

It says it right in the email, Sorry you got a jerk GS rep :( Call the 1-800 on them and maybe they will work something out for you :)
Posted Image

#1713 ghostsong

ghostsong

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

Someone offered to pdf the code on the last page. There is nothing wrong with asking if someone offers. People who rag on folks who ask for help on deals or complain about not getting a deal are more annoying to me.

Don't crap on someone because you got a deal and they didn't.

#1714 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

It says it right in the email, Sorry you got a jerk GS rep :( Call the 1-800 on them and maybe they will work something out for you :)

It's okay ill just wait for BB to have a sell on it. Which I know they will sooner or later.

Also my biggest issue is that GS is often uneducated on their own deals. When he said he checked the email he just glanced at his computer for a little while im pretty sure he didn't even bother to look.

Could have walked out with other games but I had my heart set on the Uncharted Dual pack plus I don't want to buy from them when they refuse to honor their own deals.

#1715 thane_of_the_shadow

thane_of_the_shadow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Okay, went to my usual Gamestop and picked up ICO & Shadow of the Colossus, Infamous Bundle and... Uncharted Dual Pack! All for half off. The girl there asked if I needed help and I showed her the coupon and explained about Uncharted being on the website listing for half off Sony games (I searched for "selectsonycollections", which, incidentally, no longer works after I just checked). She didn't fight or even hesitate and said she'd discount it to half if I really wanted it, which I really did. So, all that for ~$42. Obviously very YMMV. Good luck to anyone else wanting Uncharted. There is some hope!

#1716 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

Yup! You missed your chance to get it online on Friday. Maybe they'll open that back up.

But you had to enter your (or anyone) PUR member number to get the online code to work.

To the person in Alaska, maybe just call that GS store that is 200 miles away, explain your situation of not being close to a GS but want to order online, maybe they'll sign you up for the free membership over the phone? Then you'll take that member number and activated it on www.poweruprewards.com

#1717 style_unseen

style_unseen

Crooked Smile

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

I would've preferred a B2G1 coupon instead of this one. Anyone want to trade?

The only thing I would've gotten is Ico and GoW Saga.

#1718 jr8rulz

jr8rulz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

Well my code finally surprisingly showed up and my son and I went and got Jak, Ratchet, Journey, and Infamous for 58 and change. Couldnt beat it.

#1719 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

I would've preferred a B2G1 coupon instead of this one. Anyone want to trade?

The only thing I would've gotten is Ico and GoW Saga.

Sent you a PM.

#1720 aramsey1986

aramsey1986

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

Someone offered to pdf the code on the last page. There is nothing wrong with asking if someone offers. People who rag on folks who ask for help on deals or complain about not getting a deal are more annoying to me.

Don't crap on someone because you got a deal and they didn't.

If someone offers then PM them, hence why we have the option.
Posted Image

#1721 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

If the coupon doesnt come by Monday then GS can suck it and Ill take my business to BB (where its been for quite some time now). Ill just pm the sale and use the GC I got from preordering games from them.

#1722 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

No offer for me yet

WHY DO THESE TEARS COME AT NIGHT

#1723 fgnbtz

fgnbtz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

Just stopped by my local store, the 50% bonus DOES take effect. I traded in GoW Collection and GoW III and got $16 (base value was 5, 2.50 from the 50% and .50 from PUR) and paid $4.27 out of pocket for GoW Saga. Not a bad deal

#1724 jjjbadboy32

jjjbadboy32

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

No offer for me yet

WHY DO THESE TEARS COME AT NIGHT

I guess you are not so LUCKY .
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1725 thisisthetito4

thisisthetito4

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

That's weird my code just came up today.i went to pic up JAD,RAC, and KZ bundles.i was lucky because all my gamestop are low in stock or Oos.was lucky to find one with all 3 I wanted.47$

#1726 WTFD4V1D

WTFD4V1D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

I was able to use my coupon and my friends one on my account.

#1727 thisisthetito4

thisisthetito4

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

I don't mean bundles I meant collections.my bad

#1728 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

I guess you are not so LUCKY .

Nope but SOMETIMES you win some, you lose some.

#1729 jjjbadboy32

jjjbadboy32

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

Nope but SOMETIMES you win some, you lose some.

:applause:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1730 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

Still nothing, was hoping to grab sly, rachet, and jak.

Ohwellsavedafewbucks

#1731 thisisthetito4

thisisthetito4

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

Hey is sly also working for this too?I thought it wasn't otherwise would of picked it up too

#1732 isofan1

isofan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

I went to best buy today to PM the GS deal.

It went pretty smoothly. I got Ratchet and Clank, That Game Company, Jak and even the DMC collection.

5 star deal.

#1733 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

Bought an opened 'New' copy of Journey, and a sealed copy of the Killzone trilogy. I was going to get the Uncharted bundle, but the manager informed me it's not part of the deal...And I took his word. Sorry for doubting you CAG, Gamestop's still managed by assholes. Thanks for the deal.

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#1734 Jerry01

Jerry01

Could have saved myself $18 if I would have checked with CAG first. Bought Sly,Jak, and Ico for 15.99 from the egg place on friday. I'm so mad at myself.

#1735 DoomPiper

DoomPiper

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Some of you are just sore that this didn't work for you.
I placed four orders (Jak + $5 GC, inFAMOUS, Journey, and God of War) and the latter three shipped (only because Chase declined the first charge... but not the second, third, or fourth?) because they thought it was fraudulent activity having so many charges placed in such a short amount of time.

I got email confirmation of the three shipments early this afternoon.
I'm sad I missed out on Jak (though I have an 80 GB PS3 and all three games on PS2) but I only wanted it 'cause it was so damn cheap.

Don't be an ass, we're saying it didn't work because it didn't. I think a YMMV tag would be appropriate because clearly not everyone is getting this deal. Enjoy your games. Glad you got in it.

#1736 Squigley

Squigley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

I emailed Gamestop about this deal. Here's the vague, unhelpful reply I got today. Thanks, Gamestop...

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting PowerUpRewards.com.

“Unfortunately this was an offer that was not available for all customers. It was made available to a selection of customers who met the sample criteria, and we do not have extra coupons to offer. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused; however, we encourage you to keep an eye out for future offers that will be made available.”

If you have any additional questions, you can respond to this email; or if you prefer to speak to someone directly, you can reach us 7 days a week 8am to 8pm at 800-883-8895.

#1737 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

I emailed Gamestop about this deal. Here's the vague, unhelpful reply I got today. Thanks, Gamestop...

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting PowerUpRewards.com.

“Unfortunately this was an offer that was not available for all customers. It was made available to a selection of customers who met the sample criteria, and we do not have extra coupons to offer. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused; however, we encourage you to keep an eye out for future offers that will be made available.”

If you have any additional questions, you can respond to this email; or if you prefer to speak to someone directly, you can reach us 7 days a week 8am to 8pm at 800-883-8895.

which is funny, because as I said, I was a free member and only have 2 things bought on my account, none of which were ps3 related and only 1 thing this year.

#1738 Furashu

Furashu

CAG Mercenary

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

Picked up God of War Saga, Journey, and ICO/SoC Collection.
Traded in my God of War 1&2 Collection for $8 and got all of the games for $40.xx
Trade on GOOZEX and get $1 trade credit + a free 100 pt game!
http://www.goozex.co...r=6111658335991

PSN : Dunkindoanuts

#1739 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

Hey is sly also working for this too?I thought it wasn't otherwise would of picked it up too

Says so on the first post, less it changed. Haven't been fallowing to closely.

#1740 cardsharkrob

cardsharkrob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

just curious as i have never price matched anything at best buy before, what should i show them or do when i go there tomorrow?