Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

• Please log in to reply
2457 replies to this topic

#1771 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:10 AM

Cry about it?

It's stupid to be sure but it's not like you're entitled to a coupon.

Well said. I rarely dive into these debates. Even less often do I find myself in the middle. But on this particular topic I do think everyone is a correct.

Beginning with the "entitled" comment. Perhaps he was entitled because he is a PUR pro member. He never would have known that he was not entitled unless he emailed to ask. That's gamestop/pur's fault for not preemptively articulating that this was a random thing. Telling people after the fact makes things harder to swallow/believe.

In response to his inquiry (which I made as well) he was told he didn't meet the criteria. As a pro member he may (as I did) find that to be a bit disloyal. Why should anyone pay for your pro membership when he/she don't get benefits that non-pro members receive?

That said, GS is entitled to create their own random criteria. That criteria can favor non-pro over pro members. I have no issue with that so long as gamestop has no issue with the possibility that pro members may not want to renew.

#1772 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

Alright, I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings. I am a PUR PRO member. I realize that I DO feel and sound entitled but after I've given a store THOUSANDS of dollars in sales I expect to get a coupon that they have given to people that have only ever made a purchase or two there. If they were only going to give the coupon to certain people, I have no problem. It is when they advertise it as a sale for PUR members and I don't get an opportunity to buy something on sale that I get mad.

#1773 Nostalgic Wind

Nostalgic Wind

Capcom Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:33 AM

Sorry if this was mentioned, but is GoW Origins Collection really part of the deal? I went today and the employee told me it only counted for God of War Saga. Does the coupon actually work for Origins Collection?

#1774 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:36 AM

Sorry if this was mentioned, but is GoW Origins Collection really part of the deal? I went today and the employee told me it only counted for God of War Saga. Does the coupon actually work for Origins Collection?

http://www.gamestop....D4NMM_eS0t_axlA

#1775 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:38 AM

I emailed Gamestop about this deal. Here's the vague, unhelpful reply I got today. Thanks, Gamestop...

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting PowerUpRewards.com.

“Unfortunately this was an offer that was not available for all customers. It was made available to a selection of customers who met the sample criteria, and we do not have extra coupons to offer. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused; however, we encourage you to keep an eye out for future offers that will be made available.”

If you have any additional questions, you can respond to this email; or if you prefer to speak to someone directly, you can reach us 7 days a week 8am to 8pm at 800-883-8895.

A form letter response. Matches exactly the email I got earlier today word for word.

#1776 lutz

lutz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:41 AM

Ah yes, it's the $200 PS3 coupon all over again lol

#1777 electricsleep

electricsleep

Prof. Hinsley

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:54 AM

I'm glad Target lets you do partial returns on their B2G1 deal. I picked up God of War, Ratchet and the Jak collections on two separate purchases early last week thinking that would be the best deal I'd get on them. Luckily I got the coupon Saturday and picked them all up at GS and returned the other ones to Target. Ended up saving $16 on the three.

To the people who didn't get the coupon. I'm assuming a lot of CAG's have both PS3's and 360's. Its possible this coupon was targeted to PUR members who buy mostly PS3 games. So if you buy most of your multi platform releases on the 360, I could see you not being included on the deal. Regardless, its bush league that not everyone got the coupon. The only time I shop at Gamestop is when they have a good deal like this or if I'm gonna make a flip to BB. I'd much rather spend my money on games at BB, amazon or newegg.

#1778 Qrusher14242

Qrusher14242

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

Tried best buy, no go, they said something like it might be a manufacturer's coupon and wouldn't do it.

At gamestop i signed up for a free membership and asked him about the coupon but he said it only went to people with a lot of rewards points. I had called earlier and the lady said i needed to be PRO member to get it.

At target they said they don't pricematch those kind of sales. But i called another Gamestop and the guy on the phone said he would honor it, but they had closed by the time i called so i'll try tomorrow.

#1779 angrynoisefly

angrynoisefly

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:09 AM

But i called another Gamestop and the guy on the phone said he would honor it, but they had closed by the time i called so i'll try tomorrow.

make sure when you go you talk to the same guy. i called one of the gamestops before going and the girl said she would make it work, but then the other guy who was working there cut in and didn't let me get it.

sorry best buy didn't work for ya. i guess all best buys are different... either the workers are explained the price matching differently or some just don't care. just depends who you get i guess. the two people at my best buy seemed really laid back and cool about it.

#1780 valenor the bored

valenor the bored

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

I got the coupon yesterday.

I went to the local gamestop and got Ico and the Jak collection. They only had one copy of the Ratchet collection but there was no manual to go with it, so I didn't get it. Was there supposed to be a manual in there?

In any case, I'm pretty happy with my purchases.

#1781 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

I went to the local gamestop and got Ico and the Jak collection. They only had one copy of the Ratchet collection but there was no manual to go with it, so I didn't get it. Was there supposed to be a manual in there?

I got the Jak and Ratchet collection. After popping in the Ratchet disk, I saw another option for the R&C Collection manual, so I'm assuming there isn't a hardcopy manual.

#1782 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:33 AM

As far as I know, none of the recent Sony HD Collections from this year, with the exception of Journey, have books. GoW, Infamous, and Killzone did not I know for sure. Sounds like Ratchet and Clank didn't either.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#1783 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

Okay I know my Pegasister is going to show with this comment but here goes.

Black Friday and holiday deals are not that far away. I'm sure that those deals will be just as good if not better then this one. Plus you probably won't have to deal with so much BS from GS. So being patient is the only thing you can do at a time like this. Unless you have a good friend or stranger that is willing to give you the coupon code. I'm sure patience will pay off. Because when you get mad, the person you are aggravating the most is yourself.

#1784 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:37 AM

I want to know what the selection criteria was for this coupon. I have over 110k lifetime points on my PUR Pro card. Granted most of that is for 360 but there's a significant portion on PS3 and PSP. I have PS3 listed as a system that I own and have even bought DLC for PS3.

The last coupon I remember like this was the $100 off a PS3 in spring 2011 and that was given to people w/o PS3 history on their account. That makes total sense, this does not.

I'm about ready to just say F it and try to PM at BB, WM, or Target.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#1785 FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Late Adopter (2016, baby!)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

i'd still wait for tomorrow. a couple people have speculated that the deal will go wide to everyone tomorrow.

I hope they're right. Almost all of my purchases at GS have been for 360, but that's because I just bought my PS3 slim in July (at Best Buy, haha). However, I *did* buy the ICO/SotC collection from GS at full price in July (also 19.99) and also bought Infamous (before I knew a collection was coming out). I've been a PUR Pro member for over three years, and I've accumulated about 17,000 points over that period (most of which have been redeemed). I've kept my collection and my wishlist updated at the PUR website, including most of these PS3 collections.

I'm not going to scream bloody murder if I don't get the coupon; I'll just have to keep the games on my wish list and wait until there's a sale somewhere. But yeah, when it comes time for me to renew my PUR Pro in February, I'm probably going to go into the store and tell them why I'm not renewing: (1) I've been in Best Buy's GCU for just over a year and it's not only more consistent with the coupons, but it has better deals; and (2) I've noticed that the share of my games which were purchased at GameStop has gone from about 50% a couple years ago, to about 10% this year.

They're free to do their promotions however they want. But they shouldn't expect to maintain or grow a loyal customer base if they do them like they've done this one.

402833.png FinderKeeperOSX.png

#1786 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:56 AM

lol you seriously didnt buy it cuz there was no manual? there are no manual in these....now u wont be able to get it since its a single use coupon...btw, when would you EVER read the manual?

#1787 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

I hope they're right. Almost all of my purchases at GS have been for 360, but that's because I just bought my PS3 slim in July (at Best Buy, haha). However, I *did* buy the ICO/SotC collection from GS at full price in July (also 19.99) and also bought Infamous (before I knew a collection was coming out). I've been a PUR Pro member for over three years, and I've accumulated about 17,000 points over that period (most of which have been redeemed). I've kept my collection and my wishlist updated at the PUR website, including most of these PS3 collections.

I'm not going to scream bloody murder if I don't get the coupon; I'll just have to keep the games on my wish list and wait until there's a sale somewhere. But yeah, when it comes time for me to renew my PUR Pro in February, I'm probably going to go into the store and tell them why I'm not renewing: (1) I've been in Best Buy's GCU for just over a year and it's not only more consistent with the coupons, but it has better deals; and (2) I've noticed that the share of my games which were purchased at GameStop has gone from about 50% a couple years ago, to about 10% this year.

They're free to do their promotions however they want. But they shouldn't expect to maintain or grow a loyal customer base if they do them like they've done this one.

thank you for this post, totally agree with everything you said, and you are mature enough not to bitch.

#1788 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:01 AM

So you are saying that it is acceptable for a store can simply say that you are not eligible for a sale "just cause"?

yup thats exactly what im saying, they have no obligation to you, the company is privately owned. u obviously seem like you are the type of shopper who only goes to gamestop to take advantage of them, and then goes in to an uproar if they try not to reward you for it. stop getting angry, its not even nov 5th yet, u may still get the coupon as many others have speculated.

so you tell me when bby dosent give out those holiday coupons to everyone, do they tell you what their criteria is? no they dont. get over it, its not your business if they give you a coupon or not, you probably would have never known if it wasnt for the cag forums, how many people honestly check their "active" offers.

#1789 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:06 AM

If the coupon doesnt come by Monday then GS can suck it and Ill take my business to BB (where its been for quite some time now). Ill just pm the sale and use the GC I got from preordering games from them.

lol so your telling gamestop to suck it now? looks like you've already done it by taking your business to bb, "where its been for quite some time now". so you tell me why the hell would gamestop wanna give you a coupon, just so you could take advantage of them. this is probably a reason why the gamestop coupons were somewhat selective at least for the first few days. usually i want everyone to get in good deals, but ur sense of entitlement sort of sickens me lol, and hope that you dont get one.

#1790 smokeyjoey8

smokeyjoey8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

This paayter guy is so obviously a gamestop employee white knighting for his dear employer.

#1791 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

lol so your telling gamestop to suck it now? looks like you've already done it by taking your business to bb, "where its been for quite some time now". so you tell me why the hell would gamestop wanna give you a coupon, just so you could take advantage of them. this is probably a reason why the gamestop coupons were somewhat selective at least for the first few days. usually i want everyone to get in good deals, but ur sense of entitlement sort of sickens me lol, and hope that you dont get one.

Ummm to bring customers that wouldn't normally spend money in? Pretty much the same reason why any business would do so.

#1792 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:44 AM

lol you seriously didnt buy it cuz there was no manual? there are no manual in these....now u wont be able to get it since its a single use coupon...btw, when would you EVER read the manual?

If the game doesn't have a manual, the store should have noted it on the sleeve they stored the game in. That way they could have told the customer that it didn't come with a manual. Otherwise it makes it seem like they lost the manual and are still trying to sell the game as "new". The question about reading the manual is irrelevant.

#1793 jmarano7836

jmarano7836

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:48 AM

As far as I know, none of the recent Sony HD Collections from this year, with the exception of Journey, have books. GoW, Infamous, and Killzone did not I know for sure. Sounds like Ratchet and Clank didn't either.

The Jak & Daxter Collection did come with a book, unsure on when it released - but I think you are correct sir. The Infamous one just has the DLC voucher, same for Journey and GoW collections.

I finally received my coupon yesterday and was able to trade in infamous 1 & 2 (with coupon and bonuses, I got more money than the infamous collection cost!?! ended up ~20 and collection is 15) which offset the cost of trading in my GoW collection and GoW3 for the saga (got 16 and saga collection was 20). Also picked up Journey collection and Jak and Daxter. I hope they roll out more coupons for everyone else.

i believe aren't the game manuals now "inclusive and on disc"... since all they include are controls and other basic documentation nowadays anyways?
Rule#2: Double-Tap :twoguns: :
690874.png

#1794 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

There's another ding against gutted copies. If it was sealed and he opened it and saw no manual, he would know it didn't come with a manual. With the gutted copy, who knows what happened?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#1795 ShadowSx

ShadowSx

Why so serious?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

Just got a reply from their customer support, and they said that only a select amount of people got the offer and that they "ran out" of coupon codes to offer. Total bullshit.

Only solidifies how god awful gamestop is as a cooperation.

If anyone has a code they are not going to use and want to give it away, send me a PM.
Whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you.. stranger.

#1796 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:01 AM

The Jak & Daxter Collection did come with a book, unsure on when it released - but I think you are correct sir. The Infamous one just has the DLC voucher, same for Journey and GoW collections.

I finally received my coupon yesterday and was able to trade in infamous 1 & 2 (with coupon and bonuses, I got more money than the infamous collection cost!?! ended up ~20 and collection is 15) which offset the cost of trading in my GoW collection and GoW3 for the saga (got 16 and saga collection was 20). Also picked up Journey collection and Jak and Daxter. I hope they roll out more coupons for everyone else.

i believe aren't the game manuals now "inclusive and on disc"... since all they include are controls and other basic documentation nowadays anyways?

actually, sony is just a cheapass, kinda like all of us :). if anyone else is planning on trading their older copies for these new bundles, i recommend keeping your manuals. you can just put them in the new cases, and it makes them feel really weighty, like a real box set or something.

#1797 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:18 AM

Ummm to bring customers that wouldn't normally spend money in? Pretty much the same reason why any business would do so.

In business, it is a standard rule that it costs less to keep a customer through good service and minor concessions than to advertise and get more new customers. I get the feeling GS customers satisfaction base was at a net loss with this promo.

#1798 Dante Devil

Dante Devil

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:20 AM

So, the SONY50 code does not work for buying the listed games online?

dantedevil0ec6zs.jpgcagerssmall6vi5lm.gif

ach.png

#1799 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:21 AM

So, the SONY50 code does not work for buying the listed games online?

No. It did for a short time but was disabled.

#1800 sephiroth61787

sephiroth61787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

So that copy of the Infamous collection I got today was the last copy the store had and it was gutted. Of course it didn't have the DLC voucher. I completely forgot it came with one. Crap.