Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

• Please log in to reply
2457 replies to this topic

#1801 Stele

Stele

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

Only solidifies how god awful gamestop is as a cooperation.

So Gamestop is like an Agricultural Production Cooperative (APC)?

#1802 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

So that copy of the Infamous collection I got today was the last copy the store had and it was gutted. Of course it didn't have the DLC voucher. I completely forgot it came with one. Crap.

Bu-bu-bu-but it's new! :roll: That sucks.

#1803 sephiroth61787

sephiroth61787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:39 AM

Bu-bu-bu-but it's new! :roll: That sucks.

I'll just try to exchange it for an actual sealed copy. Which I should've bought in the first place.

#1804 karekano126

karekano126

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:17 AM

Just to share my experience. Trading GOW3 and GOW collection towards the purchase of the collections listed gave the 50% boost automatically. The trade in and purchase were in the same transaction for those wondering. This boost came even before I handed in the coupon.

After I gave them the coupon, the guy typed it in like 3 or 4 times but the price wouldn't change. Only after I've signed that 'these are my games that are trading it.. blah blah' and hit accept, the price adjusted to half price. Hopefully this info will help somebody.

Off topic, the gamestop employee that I've talked to actually told me to stay away from the Killzone collection if I'm just buying it for Killzone 1. It was a gutted copy so I wasn't going to buy it anyway but still felt like a nice gesture instead of him trying to sell or make me preorder something. Also gave my daughter a Harvest Moon doll for free.

#1805 naucratis

naucratis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

Just got a reply from their customer support, and they said that only a select amount of people got the offer and that they "ran out" of coupon codes to offer. Total bullshit.

Only solidifies how god awful gamestop is as a cooperation.

If anyone has a code they are not going to use and want to give it away, send me a PM.

They should just print more, the Federal Reserve does it all the time.

#1806 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:54 AM

If the game doesn't have a manual, the store should have noted it on the sleeve they stored the game in. That way they could have told the customer that it didn't come with a manual. Otherwise it makes it seem like they lost the manual and are still trying to sell the game as "new". The question about reading the manual is irrelevant.

dude...its still foolish you dont take the damn game for 50 percent off because of a nonexistent manual.

#1807 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:58 AM

There's another ding against gutted copies. If it was sealed and he opened it and saw no manual, he would know it didn't come with a manual. With the gutted copy, who knows what happened?

i guess...maybe its just me but i do my research and what i do is i watch unboxing videos if ever i need to purchase something used or in "new" gutted condition.

#1808 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:14 AM

Off topic, the gamestop employee that I've talked to actually told me to stay away from the Killzone collection if I'm just buying it for Killzone 1. It was a gutted copy so I wasn't going to buy it anyway but still felt like a nice gesture instead of him trying to sell or make me preorder something. Also gave my daughter a Harvest Moon doll for free.

The code only includes the DLC maps, so it's not like it makes a huge difference, though did he explain why you shouldn't play Killzone? I know many thought it was so so, but 5 dollars more than PSN version with the ability to resell... whats to lose?

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#1809 Lienwrath

Lienwrath

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:17 AM

Bought GoW Saga, Ico+StC and Infamous Collection. Traded in GoW3 and SFxTekken towards it, tried trading in my copies of Infamous and Infamous 2, but they were still wrapped from being in the backlog since I got them and I guess Gamestop has some sort of policy against accepting new games for trades.

Anyway, whole shebang wound up being $27 after the coupon and trade-ins. I lucked out too, since all 3 were still shrink-wrapped. Might have to buy a lottery ticket next.

#1810 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

it seems majority of you guys bought this online?

i skimmed through the threads and it seems that the code is for....free shipping?

and also, i tried to buy one of the HD collection but system wasnt applying. cashier told me it was probably a computer error and to check back later.
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#1811 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:33 AM

I checked my account and had the coupon so I went to GS today. They had Jak & Daxter and Killzone sealed but Journey, Ico/SOTC and God of War were all gutted display copies. I noticed Journey had a code for avatar icons, the Ico/SOTC box said it had some themes but I didn't have an insert so I hope it's on the disc and GOW had Origins as a downloadable code. I haven't gone home yet to try them but it better work because that's the only reason why I got the Saga because I already had GOW 1&2 but not 3 which came on discs. If not I'll be back there later today.

Sadly, they didn't have the Ratchet & Clank collection and I already have all the infamous and Uncharted games so not a bad haul assuming all those codes work.

#1812 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

yup thats exactly what im saying, they have no obligation to you, the company is privately owned. u obviously seem like you are the type of shopper who only goes to gamestop to take advantage of them, and then goes in to an uproar if they try not to reward you for it. stop getting angry, its not even nov 5th yet, u may still get the coupon as many others have speculated.

so you tell me when bby dosent give out those holiday coupons to everyone, do they tell you what their criteria is? no they dont. get over it, its not your business if they give you a coupon or not, you probably would have never known if it wasnt for the cag forums, how many people honestly check their "active" offers.

lol so your telling gamestop to suck it now? looks like you've already done it by taking your business to bb, "where its been for quite some time now". so you tell me why the hell would gamestop wanna give you a coupon, just so you could take advantage of them. this is probably a reason why the gamestop coupons were somewhat selective at least for the first few days. usually i want everyone to get in good deals, but ur sense of entitlement sort of sickens me lol, and hope that you dont get one.

I have no reply for this guy, but I know someone who does.

Posted Image

#1813 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

it seems majority of you guys bought this online?

i skimmed through the threads and it seems that the code is for....free shipping?

and also, i tried to buy one of the HD collection but system wasnt applying. cashier told me it was probably a computer error and to check back later.

There were two codes. SONY50, which gave the 50% off, and SAVER, which gave free shipping to all orders over $25, which counted the original price of the games, so most of the collections would work with it. The SONY50 does not work anymore. SAVER still should, though.

#1814 willywonka159

willywonka159

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:13 AM

Well, it can't hurt to say, if anyone has a coupon they are not going to use, I'd greatly appreciate it.

#1815 carl7117

carl7117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

damn i told the lady at gamestop that i didnt have a printer to print out the coupon and she said i could only use the code on one game so i got ratchet and clank for 15. then i got home and checked my active offers and the coupon wasnt there anymore :( didnt know this was a one time use

#1816 Ace69

Ace69

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

damn i told the lady at gamestop that i didnt have a printer to print out the coupon and she said i could only use the code on one game so i got ratchet and clank for 15. then i got home and checked my active offers and the coupon wasnt there anymore :( didnt know this was a one time use

I think the coupon says "1 or MORE"
Edit: Yeah it does.

#1817 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

For those that have Journey, how is it? I platyed the demo, and didnt get it, but Ive heard from others that its a poor representation of the game and the full thing is actually fun. I wouldnt waste $15 on PSN since I wasnt feeling it, but Id consider a physical copy bc I could always resell it if I still dont like it

Also Jak & Daxter collection or Ratchet? I loved Jak 1, didnt like Jak 2, but never played Jak 3. I loved the PS3 Ratchet games, but never touched the PS2 games
Posted Image

#1818 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

For those that have Journey, how is it? I platyed the demo, and didnt get it, but Ive heard from others that its a poor representation of the game and the full thing is actually fun. I wouldnt waste $15 on PSN since I wasnt feeling it, but Id consider a physical copy bc I could always resell it if I still dont like it

Also Jak & Daxter collection or Ratchet? I loved Jak 1, didnt like Jak 2, but never played Jak 3. I loved the PS3 Ratchet games, but never touched the PS2 games

all of the above. or just ratchet. its the only ps2 trilogy that really deserves its praise imo

#1819 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

What the Fuck? How in god's name do you play the newer entries and have never played the one's that started them all? #1 is good, #2 imo is the best, as for #3 its great but for some reason I always had a soft spot for the second one, might be due to the fact I only beat it once and then my disc got scrathed and I never rebought a copy. #4 is coming to psn soon, but its not part of the collection.

As for GS, I still dont have my coupon so Fuck them, Ill take my money to BB. :booty:

#1820 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

What the Fuck? How in god's name do you play the newer entries and have never played the one's that started them all? #1 is good, #2 imo is the best, as for #3 its great but for some reason I always had a soft spot for the second one, might be due to the fact I only beat it once and then my disc got scrathed and I never rebought a copy. #4 is coming to psn soon, but its not part of the collection.

As for GS, I still dont have my coupon so Fuck them, Ill take my money to BB. :booty:

Its not like Ratchet is a story driven saga like Metal Gear or Mass Effect. Previous games werent necesarry to jump into the PS3 games
Posted Image

#1821 teknomedic

teknomedic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

There are six games I'd like to get on this deal (honestly want them, haven't bought or played them, not looking to flip them)... I'm a Pro PUR and no coupon... so... if anyone who has a one would be willing to trade I do have a few things I'm willing to put towards it.

Borderlands 2 Premier Club Code (360)
Crysis 2 Limited Edition Code (360)
Batman: Cat Woman Code (PS3)
Some unused Indie Bundle Codes for various games on steam
.... some other stuff I can't think of ATM, but can get a full list to anyone that PMs once I'm home.

thanks for any consideration.

Edited by teknomedic, 05 November 2012 - 02:50 PM.

Gamers Unite... VOTE!
http://videogamevoters.org/

#1822 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

the company is privately owned

nyse:gme

#1823 kaise

kaise

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

Any good samaritan have a spare coupon code they'd like to give out? PM me.

#1824 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

The online inventory for my usual GameStop was WAY off. It said my store only had Jax & Daxter. I asked the girl behind the counter if she could look for Ratchet & Clank and GoW Saga and she managed to find copies. $45 was a steal for all three. I'm kinda curious how well the 3D effect looks. I bought one of those PS3 Monitors on clearance, but still haven't really tried the 3D (No interest at all in Motostorm so meh).

#1825 TheObject

TheObject

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

I have an in-store coupon code that I wont be using if anyone wants it. I can email you the image of it so you can display it on your phone in store.

I got in on the sony50 deal when it was active.

Let me know.

Edit: Gone to Grizbo.

Edited by TheObject, 05 November 2012 - 02:01 PM.

#1826 RUN-DvdMC

RUN-DvdMC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

i'll take it if no one has claimed it yet. my email is nikeairfiel@yaoo.com. thx i appreciate it!

#1827 Samuelc79

Samuelc79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

Hey all, well this coupon search was confusing. I was trying to use Coupons, when it isn't the correct thing. You all need to log in to the power-up website and go to following link,

https://www.powerupr...nt/ActiveOffers

that should show it! All this time for searching was finally over.

#1828 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

What is the SKU for Journey at BB? I can't seem to locate it on their website

Hey all, well this coupon search was confusing. I was trying to use Coupons, when it isn't the correct thing. You all need to log in to the power-up website and go to following link,

Dude everyone knows that. The problem was never about finding the coupon but rather that it wasn't sent out to everyone

#1829 purbeast

purbeast

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

Not everyone is getting the coupon, which is the problem. I don't have it when I click on that link.

If anyone has a spare one and doesn't want it and would like to share it, feel free to PM me as I'm looking to get a lot of these collections.

#1830 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

Not everyone is getting the coupon, which is the problem. I don't have it when I click on that link.

If anyone has a spare one and doesn't want it and would like to share it, feel free to PM me as I'm looking to get a lot of these collections.

Have you tried PMing the coupon image and offer to BB? If possible I think it would be simpler than trying to wait on GS or trying to get someone to give you their coupon. I did this yesterday with success and will try again later this week