Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

• Please log in to reply
2457 replies to this topic

#1861 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

I just wanted Ico and GoW Saga but I'm not PUR and the code doesn't work. Hulk sad.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#1862 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

Thanks for the update. I checked all my emails from Gamestop, no coupon :(.

Also I guess I'm not a rewards zone member? It won't let me sign in with my name/password, and is telling me I need to enter the information on a card that I never recieved to "activate" my membership. So I guess I've just been getting spam from when I was stupid enough to give an employee my real email. That said, it's saying I have a balance of 500 points in several esummary emails, so I have no idea what's going on. I don't think I've even bought anything from Gamestop all year except for Xenoblade Chronicles.

They wernt sent out on emails. They are only in your gamestop powerup rewards account under active offers if you got one. A lot of people didn't get one. You also needed to activate your account and it sounds like you never got around to doing that.

#1863 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

So does uncharted bundle work?

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#1864 mewman13

mewman13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

Here is both the banner and the coupon
Spoiler

#1865 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

Thats the only thing I went in for and apperntly they took it of the list of games it will work for. It wasn't on my coupon when I went to go get the deal so the cashier refused to sell the game to me with 50% off.

Some people got lucky and got nice clerks that where willing to discount it anyway. So if you want to try your luck go for it but expect the worst so you arn't dessapointed if it happens.

#1866 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

No it does not even though it was originally advertised.

#1867 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

ok so i went to gamestop with my coupon and gave the employee the 4 games i wanted and the coupon i checked out and then went home and then i wanted to go play my new games so i take them out of the bag there was only 3 games not 4 like i gave him the guy forgot the zillzone trilogy the game i really wanted

games where
Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
Jak and Daxter Collection
Ratchet and Clank Collection
Killzone Trilogy

this is 3rd time something happened when i shopped at gamestop

first time-the guy forgot the game disc went home then had to go back again

socond time-samething happen again

now the 3rd time guy forgot to get the game that i wanted

all three was at three diffent gamestop store's

so now i dont have the killzone game and now the sony50 code is'nt working

#1868 blazenumb1

blazenumb1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

Thanks for posting OP, picked up R&C HD and God of War Saga. Wish they would have included MGS HD with this, only HD collection I want yet.

#1869 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

ok so i went to gamestop with my coupon and gave the employee the 4 games i wanted and the coupon i checked out and then went home and then i wanted to go play my new games so i take them out of the bag there was only 3 games not 4 like i gave him the guy forgot the zillzone trilogy the game i really wanted

games where
Killzone Trilogy

Maybe you should start checking everything before you leave the store?

#1870 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

games where
Killzone Trilogy

u didnt bother watching him putting games in the bag?

#1871 AukeySeven

AukeySeven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

I always check when I get to my car. Sometimes they forget the game but most of the time they give me a more expensive game, eg. when I bought batman AA, they game me AC and when I bought HDN, they gave me HDN MK2.

This is why their system is all jacked up when checking stock online.

#1872 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

u didnt bother watching him putting games in the bag?

No :-( he went to get the games

#1873 angrynoisefly

angrynoisefly

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

do you still have the receipt? if you do, go back to the store and say it never got put in the bag. it's very possible the guy who rang you up and bagged your order realized this and set it aside thinking you'd call or come back. worth a shot. i've worked retail before and forgotten to put stuff in people's bags and always set it aside for them, and even when i wasn't the one who forgot and a customer came in with the receipt claiming it was never in the bag i would always give them a replacement.

#1874 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

do you still have the receipt? if you do, go back to the store and say it never got put in the bag. it's very possible the guy who rang you up and bagged your order realized this and set it aside thinking you'd call or come back. worth a shot. i've worked retail before and forgotten to put stuff in people's bags and always set it aside for them, and even when i wasn't the one who forgot and a customer came in with the receipt claiming it was never in the bag i would always give them a replacement.

he didnt forget to put the game in the bag i gave him 4 games to buy but he only ringed 3 not 4 and i use the coupon

#1875 shiveringmelody

shiveringmelody

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

I was lucky enough to access my power up account via my pre-paid android phone. With the code I got GoW saga. Sadly most copies had been gutted, but everything was in intact and got the best case available. Now I got something to tide me over until the Wii-U.
Posted Image

#1876 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

he didnt forget to put the game in the bag i gave him 4 games to buy but he only ringed 3 not 4 and i use the coupon

damn that sucks...
here's your best chance: look on the receipt to see the name of the person who rang you out. ask for this person when you go back to GameStop and try to explain the situation. Maybe they will do a manual override for you.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#1877 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

Got the coupon today too. Already ordered from site last week, so i'll have to think if I want to get Journey CE or not(already own Flow/Flower)

So you didn't notice not having the game or the total being $10 less than it should have been? ;)

#1878 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

I picked up Killzone Trilogy, God of War Saga, and Ico and the Shadow of the Colossus. Of course this was the only Gamestop to have a copy of all of them, and the only one not gutted was Ico and the Shadow of the Colossus which has no codes that could be used. Killzone voucher was fine, waiting for Killzone HD to install to the hard drive and then I'll make sure God of War code works.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#1879 SMBScooby

SMBScooby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

This sucks. No code and I have been a member for years. I have banked 20,000 points so far so you know I always buy stuff there.

#1880 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

Still no coupon and it doesn't seem like the SONY50 code will be coming back, contrary to what we heard earlier in the thread. Ugh.

#1881 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

Picked up the Ratchet and Clank Collection, Ico/Shadow of the Colossus and the Journey CE on Saturday. All were sealed except Journey but I've already verified all the inserts were there and unused.

While I was there the guy ringing me up managed to talk me into pre-ordering GTAV and so I walked out with a viewfinder and GTAV poster as well. In hindsight though, I'll probably end up cancelling the pre-order at GS and move it to BB which has the better deal with the pre-order promo.

#1882 Samuelc79

Samuelc79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

I picked up Killzone Trilogy, God of War Saga, and Ico and the Shadow of the Colossus. Of course this was the only Gamestop to have a copy of all of them, and the only one not gutted was Ico and the Shadow of the Colossus which has no codes that could be used. Killzone voucher was fine, waiting for Killzone HD to install to the hard drive and then I'll make sure God of War code works.

Well I went to 2 other Gamestops, both had one sealed, and 2 gutted copies of Killzone, Ico. I was disgusted to find out why Gamestop has too many open gutted copies not sealed. Before heading out to another Gamestop, i took my risk, went to Best Buy, showed them the coupon, which I was expecting they would decline. But I told them I wanted to buy from Best Buy for rewards. The lady there had to call her manager, which called district manager, and they gave a go ahead to use it. Happy I left with 3 games, Killzone, GoW, and Ico all sealed with reward points. I really hated Gamestop and their unsealed copies of the games!

#1883 Joe Molotov

Joe Molotov

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

No coupon for me. *sad*

#1884 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

I know that this sounds like a stupid theory but for the people that got the coupon, do you have a B2G1FREE coupon in your active offers?

#1885 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

Wow I'm glad I checked my account again. It wasn't there for the first few days and I hadn't checked it since before the weekend, but it was there now. Good deal!
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#1886 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

Awesome awesome deal. Late last week when this deal was first announced/active, I think last Thursday, I had managed to get the closest Gamestop to me to give me a couple of the DS3 bundles for half off since the deal was not ringing up automatically (I had the early printouts for each of the games' web pages that indicated it should take half off of them automatically at the register) for any of the games, period. I have to admit I was tempted with trying to go to all the various Gamestops, Best Buys, Target etc. and attempt to clean them out of the DS3 bundles via PM attempts with my receipt in hand and the printouts, but it would be too much of a hassle for not enough reward trying to resell them, break them up and flip/resell them, etc. Besides, given they were never supposed to be part of the deal, I was very happy Gamestop allowed me to get my couple of them at half off.

I got my official coupon on Saturday, and with the trade in bonus, a $10 off coupon with the 10K points I had, I got factory sealed copies of each game for myself as well as a bunch of extra sealed copies to give out for Christmas and birthdays for peanuts. Hell of a deal.

I know that this sounds like a stupid theory but for the people that got the coupon, do you have a B2G1FREE coupon in your active offers?

Yes, but that is because I did renew my PowerUp Rewards Pro on Thursday night, which I had allowed to lapse. Previous expiration was in March IIRC.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#1887 Krystal109

Krystal109

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

Bought Ico & Shadow on the 2nd before I knew about the coupon, so I returned it to get the discount.

#1888 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

Yes, but that is because I did renew my PowerUp Rewards Pro on Thursday night, which I had allowed to lapse. Previous expiration was in March IIRC.

I renewed last week and was wondering if that had any effect.

#1889 blakesgameroom

blakesgameroom

Collector 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

Ok so i have never pricematched at best buy before. I saw someone put up an image of the original ad, do i just print that picture out to pm or what?

#1890 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

Awesome awesome deal. Late last week when this deal was first announced/active, I think last Thursday, I had managed to get the closest Gamestop to me to give me a couple of the DS3 bundles for half off since the deal was not ringing up automatically (I had the early printouts for each of the games' web pages that indicated it should take half off of them automatically at the register) for any of the games, period. I have to admit I was tempted with trying to go to all the various Gamestops, Best Buys, Target etc. and attempt to clean them out of the DS3 bundles via PM attempts with my receipt in hand and the printouts, but it would be too much of a hassle for not enough reward trying to resell them, break them up and flip/resell them, etc. Besides, given they were never supposed to be part of the deal, I was very happy Gamestop allowed me to get my couple of them at half off.

I got my official coupon on Saturday, and with the trade in bonus, a $10 off coupon with the 10K points I had, I got factory sealed copies of each game for myself as well as a bunch of extra sealed copies to give out for Christmas and birthdays for peanuts. Hell of a deal.

So a 10 dollar power up coupon stacks with the 50% off??
Posted Image