Photo
- - - - -

Sync Your AMEX with Your X360/Gamertag, Get $10 - Beat Halo 4, Get +$25 + Other Deals

• Please log in to reply
568 replies to this topic

#91 gutter2d

gutter2d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

Do you guys think it would be too late to sign up for an AMEX card and get in on this deal? Assuming I have good enough credit that is. If not what is the best or fastest way to sign up?

I don't know if it is too late to signup and participate in the promotion, but I doubt it. You should definitely signup ASAP. IIRC they call you a couple of minutes after you apply to tell you whether you are going to be approved or not, and you'll get your card within the week. Also, you get at least $100 cashback after you spend your first $1,000 using the card (you have like 3 months to spend the $1000).

I use 3 cashback credit cards, the AMEX Blue Cash, Discover More, and Chase Freedom. Both the Discover and Chase have rotating 5% cashback categories, so I always use those before AMEX for the eligible purchases. AMEX is great the rest of the year for gas and groceries, when Chase and Discover aren't offering 5% cashback for those categories. The other card I could get to earn even more cashback would be the Capital One Cash Rewards MasterCard that Jimmy Fallon advertises. You get 1.5% cashback on all purchases using that card rather than the base 1.0% cashback Discover, Chase, and AMEX offer.

#92 nas6034

nas6034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

signed up. What is the best way to get the best bang for the buck? Will BBY be having a B2G1 free within the next 2 ad cycles?

#93 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

This is the real Xbox rewards program.

#94 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

Maybe we should add to the OP that after syncing the AMEX card to your Gamertag that users still need to activate and load the offers on the dashboard options?

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3, The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 5

#95 XF Gator

XF Gator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

Between the 20 dollar pre-order credit from Best Buy, and this -- there's a lot of incentive to buy Halo 4.

My thoughts exactly, I pre-ordered Halo 4 yesterday and Besy Buy already shipped the game. Delivery estimate is 11/8. Pretty legit deal.

#96 Xiemos

Xiemos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

Can the first 2 achievements be done in co-op and still get the Amex Reward?

#97 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

lol halo

What's funny?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#98 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

Wish Serve worked. :(
Posted ImagePosted Image

#99 pbnate88

pbnate88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

I probably missed this, but is there a time frame to spend $100 after beating halo? Thinking of buying halo/cod together to get the $100 spend and then beating halo

#100 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

I probably missed this, but is there a time frame to spend $100 after beating halo? Thinking of buying halo/cod together to get the $100 spend and then beating halo

https://sync.america...XBox/OfferTerms

You can only spend $100 after you activate the offer

#101 pbnate88

pbnate88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:14 AM

https://sync.america...XBox/OfferTerms

You can only spend $100 after you activate the offer

Thank you sir, shouldve had read through them all

#102 sasuke543

sasuke543

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

Do you have to be a gold live member to participate in this?

700303.png

9.gif

#103 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

Do you have to be a gold live member to participate in this?

Nope, I was able to sign up as Silver. As mentioned the offer is hiding on the Games blade (whatever they're called now), not in the main Dash areas.

#104 tigerpants

tigerpants

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:43 AM

I keep getting that the server is unable to verify my card. It's not over is it?

#105 Diatribal Deity

Diatribal Deity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:13 AM

Thanks OP. Signed up for this after I realized I had a Macy's Amex card I never use and would finally come in handy. As a side note I got a phishing email the next day saying my Amex account had been compromised and frozen and had a link to a form asking for all sorts of personal info. Bravo on the timing...:applause:

#106 cheapbrokegamer

cheapbrokegamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

I keep getting that the server is unable to verify my card. It's not over is it?

Same happened to me right now on my iPhone. I'll try again tomorrow
8-) Head BrokeAss

#107 io

io

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:21 AM

Can the first 2 achievements be done in co-op and still get the Amex Reward?

Good question - I hope so. I mean, I assume getting the achievements qualifies you for the promo no matter how you got them (legitimately that is). But the question is can you get those particular achievements in coop? I would only ever play Halo coop with my son so I'm kind of counting on it - at least the one for completing the game.

#108 Okatha

Okatha

Not a bumblebee.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

I wonder if you have multiple cards if you can get away with getting the achievements on alternate profiles. I know you can do the twitter sync promos with separate cards.

#109 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

Same happened to me right now on my iPhone. I'll try again tomorrow

FWIW, I got that error on my ineligible AMEX cards; site worked fine when I put in my eligible ones.
[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#110 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

Used my Costco Amex to sign up. Awesome deal. I can't wait to get the best buy one. I was going to buy Office 2010 today but now I'll wait.

seanr1221.png

#111 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

Anyone think if you buy a $100 giftcard at BBY it should work? The twitter deal they had last year allowed it. I just figured it was the safest way to do this since any items you buy with the gc could be price matched or returned without worrying about dipping below the $100 threshold.

#112 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

That's a really good question.

seanr1221.png

#113 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

Anyone think if you buy a $100 giftcard at BBY it should work? The twitter deal they had last year allowed it. I just figured it was the safest way to do this since any items you buy with the gc could be price matched or returned without worrying about dipping below the $100 threshold.

With any Amex Sync offer they only care about the final charge that posts to your card so it doesnt matter what you buy (they dont get a list of what items you bought from the retailer, they just look at the transaction amount charged to your card)

Once you activate the $50 off $100 BBY offer -- as long as you have a $100.00+ charge on your card from BBY, you'll get the $50 credit (doesn't matter what you buy)

If you're ordering multiple items online be careful since they may ship & charge the items separately -- lets say you order 2 items for $50 + $60 = $110, if they both ship together then BBY will charge your card $110 and you're good, but if they ship separately then you'll see the $50 & $60 charges separately on your card and that won't trigger the bonus

#114 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

Stupid question but what is the catch? Obviously AMEX already has your personal details since you're their member but this just adds your GT to their database?

Nice one. Or I might just buy an Amazon gift card since that is as good as cash.

#115 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

Stupid question but what is the catch? Obviously AMEX already has your personal details since you're their member but this just adds your GT to their database?

Amex is big on social media and they're great at giving promos to their customers -- they alrdy have Sync for Twitter, FB, Foursquare and now Xbox, plus they do Small Business Saturday which is coming up and they had the Gift Chain thing last year which will hopefully return this year (they give out random prizes for purchases at specific retailers, last year I spent $400-450 buying a bunch of gift cards and got back $250-$300 in statement credits and gift cards lol)

Amex will probably make ~$5 billion in profit this year so spending tens of millions on promos isn't a big deal for them (happy customers = more they'll use the card for everyday purchases and more people will recommend them to friends/family) plus Amex has higher merchant processing fees so they make more money in transactions than Visa/Mastercard so they can offer better promos and card benefits

Discover is similar to Amex (higher merchant fees than Visa/MC), but they're not big on social media -- they give rotating 5% cash back categories and ShopDiscover has pretty good cash back offers. Discover also sends out random spend offers -- they just sent me an offer for $250 bonus cash if I spend $1500/month for 5 months (Nov-Mar). The $250 bonus will be on top of the cash back I normally get so thats a big plus (they have 5% for online shopping until Dec) plus you can redeem rewards for discounted gift cards (they have gift cards for 10-20% off) so it makes their cash back rewards worth more than face value

#116 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

Amex is big on social media and they're great at giving promos to their customers -- they alrdy have Sync for Twitter, FB, Foursquare and now Xbox, plus they do Small Business Saturday which is coming up and they had the Gift Chain thing last year which will hopefully return this year (they give out random prizes for purchases at specific retailers, last year I spent $400-450 buying a bunch of gift cards and got back $250-$300 in statement credits and gift cards lol)

Amex will probably make ~$5 billion in profit this year so spending tens of millions on promos isn't a big deal for them (happy customers = more they'll use the card for everyday purchases and more people will recommend them to friends/family) plus Amex has higher merchant processing fees so they make more money in transactions than Visa/Mastercard so they can offer better promos and card benefits

Discover is similar to Amex (higher merchant fees than Visa/MC), but they're not big on social media -- they give rotating 5% cash back categories and ShopDiscover has pretty good cash back offers. Discover also sends out random spend offers -- they just sent me an offer for $250 bonus cash if I spend $1500/month for 5 months (Nov-Mar). The $250 bonus will be on top of the cash back I normally get so thats a big plus (they have 5% for online shopping until Dec) plus you can redeem rewards for discounted gift cards (they have gift cards for 10-20% off) so it makes their cash back rewards worth more than face value

Agreed on both cards. It pays (literally) to have good credit and thus gain prime cards like AMEX and Discover.

I always sign up for Discover's 5% (along with Chase Freedom) and take part in AMEX's promos as well like the small merchants. I just thought it was odd that you had to sync up your XBL GT to the card.

#117 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

yeah it works. the past two amex best buy $20 back on $200 purchase, i have gotten my $20 back on best buy gift cards. if you sync up correctly they will send you an email with 5 minutes.

#118 golfing7861

golfing7861

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

Do you have to buy the game from BestBuy for this? Or can I get it from NewEgg with their preorder discount for $48 and still get the $35 credit for beating the game/syncing AMEX card?

#119 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

Do you have to buy the game from BestBuy for this? Or can I get it from NewEgg with their preorder discount for $48 and still get the $35 credit for beating the game/syncing AMEX card?

You can even borrow the game and beat it and it will still count. I just synced my card 5 minutes ago, unlocked the $10 sync offer, and already got an email stating I will get the $10 credit.

#120 golfing7861

golfing7861

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

You can even borrow the game and beat it and it will still count. I just synced my card 5 minutes ago, unlocked the $10 sync offer, and already got an email stating I will get the $10 credit.

This deal is soo awesome :)

I wasn't going to get Halo with all the other games coming out, but this justifies it!