Photo
- - - - -

Sync Your AMEX with Your X360/Gamertag, Get $10 - Beat Halo 4, Get +$25 + Other Deals

• Please log in to reply
568 replies to this topic

#211 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:26 AM

Sorry for my ignorance, why is everyone mentioning Spartan Ops? Are the requirements for 25$ and $50 to finish "Operation Completion" and "wake up John" achievements?

Did you not read the OP?

#212 foreinter

foreinter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:29 AM

Did you not read the OP?

Sorry, I am an idiot. I just misread the OP. Thank for your help.

#213 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:49 AM

I know I'm not in the majority but this game just isn't my cup of tea. I actually prefer Call of Duty if we're talking shooters here. I'm just powering through this game to get my Best Buy credits. 1/3rd of the way through so far. Loading up on Pepsi and chips tonight to blaze through this game. Breaktime = CAG :)

Now playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Titanfall

#214 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:21 AM

I know I'm not in the majority but this game just isn't my cup of tea. I actually prefer Call of Duty if we're talking shooters here. I'm just powering through this game to get my Best Buy credits. 1/3rd of the way through so far. Loading up on Pepsi and chips tonight to blaze through this game. Breaktime = CAG :)

For me it was mostly the Prometheans not being really fun to kill. They are like bullet sponges.

#215 John187

John187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

So yes i have obtained Spartan Ops today, do I now just go to BB and buy a Gift Card for 100$ then my Amex card will get credited for 50$ eventually?

Anyways, gotta love the 35$ credit :))

#216 io

io

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

A few days ago I just had my son blaze through a Spartan Ops mission. It took him like 10 minutes tops. I got the achievement and haven't gotten anything yet. John187 - I think you have to wait for the offer and accept it before buying anything. I'm all set to get my son an iPad Mini for his birthday (early Dec) so I'm waiting on the offer before I do that. I also have about $100 in RZ credits (mostly from My Coke Rewards). So all that will make it nice and cheap. (And before anyone says it, yeah, I'd much rather only spend $330 than $500 for the better iPad since this will be for my kids for the most part).

#217 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

So yes i have obtained Spartan Ops today, do I now just go to BB and buy a Gift Card for 100$ then my Amex card will get credited for 50$ eventually?

Anyways, gotta love the 35$ credit :))

Wait for your confirmation email before buying anything.

#218 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

Well I ran through the campaign on Normal today. It took me about 8 hours (3 hours,break, then 5 hours) I never played Halo 2 + 3. I started with Reach, ODST and then played Halo CE Anniversary, but that game while technically great just is too long. I plan on playing Halo 3 eventually but since the story is not the best I am not sure when. Halo 4 campaign was fun but again the halo games suffer from a lot of repeating. The game is gorgeous though. I am surprised they were able to make a game that looks that good on the 360. New weapons are fun and new enemies were fine but again they just got old after awhile. Overall the campaign was an 8/10 for me. I thought the story was really good in this though and the CG cut scenes were tops. The set pieces were pretty spectacular also.

I like the multiplayer of Halo 4 a ton. It is a lot better than Reach. Normally I suck but for some reason this MP comes more natural to me. Too many vehicles on maps but still a 9.5/10 for MP.

Now hopefully the $25 credit comes and I get the email for the $50 at BBY. So the game cost me $63 in trade credit, I am getting $20 in RZ, $23 for my DLC, and $85 from Amex. So in the end I get $61 and I get to kee or trade the game. Awesome.

#219 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

Sorry if it's a repeat guys, I read through the OP and a couple pages and didn't see it. If I already go the achievement, am I still eligible? Doesn't matter which achievement, just in general. Thanks guys!

#220 golfing7861

golfing7861

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:05 AM

Sorry if it's a repeat guys, I read through the OP and a couple pages and didn't see it. If I already go the achievement, am I still eligible? Doesn't matter which achievement, just in general. Thanks guys!

You have till 12/31 to get any or all achievements.

#221 cthomer5000

cthomer5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

I don't think anyone knows the answer to this. You should just sync your card and hope for the best.

#222 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

I don't see any $10 credit for syncing on the 360. I got confirm email that my card synced on Nov 8.
Also anyone know how to check the offer on the 360 again? I want to make sure that the Halo offers were added.

Not related but I just synced on facebook as well and added the Costco offer. Going to order a GC

#223 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

Think I can buy $100 in Amazon GC at Best Buy for the $50 off credit through AMEX or will that nix that one?

#224 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:52 AM

Has anyone already got the $10 credit by sync the Amex card and xbox live?

Synced on the 7th n posted it on the 8th.

#225 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

Think I can buy $100 in Amazon GC at Best Buy for the $50 off credit through AMEX or will that nix that one?

Doesnt matter what you buy as long as theres a $100.00+ charge to the card -- Amex only sees the amount that you charge, they wont know what you bought

#226 grifta67

grifta67

:: kermit flail ::

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

Any ideas if you can have a friend sign in with your gamertag on their machine and collect on this, specifically "Operation Completion"? I'd love to try and get that $50 off $100 coupon in time to jump on the $20 off a 3DS XL at Best Buy, but I don't think I'll be able to find a copy of Halo to borrow in time. Heck, even getting a friend to do it for me tomorrow would be pushing it to get the coupon by Saturday.

But would it theoretically work? Is that the sort of thing that would get my XBL account flagged?

Thanks!
-Sean

#227 V4oLDbOY

V4oLDbOY

Vengeance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

Any ideas if you can have a friend sign in with your gamertag on their machine and collect on this, specifically "Operation Completion"? I'd love to try and get that $50 off $100 coupon in time to jump on the $20 off a 3DS XL at Best Buy, but I don't think I'll be able to find a copy of Halo to borrow in time. Heck, even getting a friend to do it for me tomorrow would be pushing it to get the coupon by Saturday.

But would it theoretically work? Is that the sort of thing that would get my XBL account flagged?

Thanks!
-Sean

As long as you sync your gamertag and the achievement is unlocked on that gamertag no one will ever know how you got it. So it'll be fine. What would get your account banned is if you try and hack in achievements, which is easily done, to your profile. They let you move your gamertag around. I've used mine on probably 10 different 360s by now.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#228 Calipso

Calipso

Der Metzgermeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

Renting this game at Redbox tonight just for the Operation Completion achievement ($50 off $100 BB) and maybe I'll actually play through it when I get back from vacation.

I'm glad I saw this on slickdeals before I got here when it was posted.
Currently playing:
:pc: - Red Orchestra 2
:pc: - Killing Floor
:pc: - SimCity 4
:360: - Uno
:360: - Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

#229 h2dk

h2dk

no time for games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

Still no email from Amex for the Spartan Ops achievement...

Question (not sure if anyone will know) It is a $50 credit when you spend $100 at Best Buy. It does not state that it has to be in one purchase. Can this $100 be broken up into multiple purchases to get the $50 credit?

Change is fucking good - but folding money is better.

#230 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

Question (not sure if anyone will know) It is a $50 credit when you spend $100 at Best Buy. It does not state that it has to be in one purchase. Can this $100 be broken up into multiple purchases to get the $50 credit?

With Amex Sync deals they always want a single charge (they dont add up small charges) -- if you dont have $100 in stuff to buy then grab a $100 gift card and use that whenever you like

#231 V4oLDbOY

V4oLDbOY

Vengeance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

Got the spartan ops achievement, planning on getting it again with my gf's amex card synced gamertag. $200 in gift cards for $100, not bad.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#232 sasuke543

sasuke543

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

Just completed the game on legendary solo, it looks like I have to redo mission 5. I didn't get the achievement for completing that one, does anyone know if I'll have to redo 5-8 in order to get the achievements unlocked?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#233 nas6034

nas6034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:34 AM

Got free rental from redbox. Hopefully I can complete a spartan ops mission tonight.

#234 WalkinPneumonia

WalkinPneumonia

Professional Cheap @$$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

Just completed the game on legendary solo, it looks like I have to redo mission 5. I didn't get the achievement for completing that one, does anyone know if I'll have to redo 5-8 in order to get the achievements unlocked?

You should only have to do 5.
Posted Image

#235 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:47 AM

Finally beat the game and got the Spartan Ops achievement as well. I already got the $10 syncing credit and $25 credit from Costco after I bought a $100 Costo Cash Card. Nice to know that with the Best Buy $50 and $25 for beating the game, AMEX has given me over $100.

#236 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:23 AM

Just got mine in the email. I got the achievement on Friday.

Backlog? What backlog?

Currently Playing:

Spoiler

#237 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:30 AM

I just got my email in my inbox for the Spartan Ops Achievement - $50 off $100 at Best buy.

#238 h2dk

h2dk

no time for games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:11 AM

With Amex Sync deals they always want a single charge (they dont add up small charges) -- if you dont have $100 in stuff to buy then grab a $100 gift card and use that whenever you like

Normally I'd agree with you, however this line in their terms and conditions has me thinking otherwise: "Spending that occurs before you receive a confirmation email will not count towards the $100 spend amount."

I got my confirmation email tonight regarding this achievement

Change is fucking good - but folding money is better.

#239 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:29 AM

I just got my email today for the Spartan Ops Achievement Offer. I unlocked it on 11/9.
Posted Image

#240 io

io

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:03 AM

I got my confirmation email tonight regarding this achievement

Same here. We don't have to do anything additional to "claim" this reward do we? Like for the $10 credit you had to click on something on the 360. Are we good to go once we get the email? It is not entirely clear to me.

If so, I'm all set to pick up an iPad Mini for my son's birthday present. I have about $70 in RZ certs to make it $260, a 3x points RZ coupon to use (thus essentially getting back $15), and then the AMEX purchase to get back $50. Not too shabby... Plus I'm really close to qualifying for Silver RZ for next year. This and a few Black Friday game purchases should put me over.