Photo
- - - - -

Reward Zone Silver Black Friday Early Access 11/19/12 LIST IN OP

• Please log in to reply
1291 replies to this topic

#31 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

The people who are silver through 2/2014 got he smartphone promo they were doing.

Not me. Haven't bought a cell phone from them since the galaxy nexus.

All I want is the dead island and AC revelations. ACIII will be cheap everywhere and I can live without the X12.

#32 orangecrush

orangecrush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

sweet. i did well with this last year. i'm hoping that super slim PS3 bundle is in here.

That is my main want too.

#33 caMOFOg

caMOFOg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

This is the third year that I have done this and each year there where problems with website during the time. If you wait a couple of hours everything will be sold out. Last year my wife did it for me and put a TV in the cart at the start time and the website acted up. She called them up and they said to leave the item in the cart and come back. Of course, she did that than it was sold out. She called them again because she knew I wanted this and told her story to the Best Buy guy. They said it was sold out and than she said she started crying on the phone and made the Best Buy guy feel awkward so he gave her a $50 gift card for her troubles.

But in all the Silver Reward Status is getting less and less lucrative. They used to give us free Cinema Now rentals and napster downloads and now that is all gone. Not worth it now in my opinion and I do not care if I become Premiere Silver member again.

How do silver members get access early? Do they send you a direct link to the Black Friday deals?

#34 jayntampa

jayntampa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

There's a grumpy old man in every thread, so funny. You don't pay for the Silver reward level, so anything you get out of it is a bonus. It thrills me to hear you say you're not going to participate on Monday, though - less competition.

#35 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

So doorbusters aren't gonna be available but everything on page two and beyond will? Or is it random.

Had a couple folks say that "most" of the ad other than the doorbusters would be included.
I'm glad they have this. I'll buy some games from BBY and if I can get them later at walmart or somewhere for cheaper I'll just return them. Pretty sweet deal.

#36 jayntampa

jayntampa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

It's kind of hit or miss with the door busters - they have had them in the past. On Sunday, log in to your myrewardzone.com account and you should be able to access the list of items on sale Monday so that you can plan ahead.

#37 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

I got silver just for buying a 200 dollar iphone5

They have a promo that you become a silver member with a phone upgrade or if you have a bb cc and spend 2500 on it during the year.

#38 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

It's nice that we'll get to preview Sunday and that it's going live at a reasonable hour on Monday. If I can get a couple of those videogames I was eyeing, it would take a little stress out of Friday's mad rush.

#39 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

im guessing this will exclude any kind of "camp out 30 hours early" type items like last years insanely cheap tv.

I guess its just a YMMV because lastyear the people at the front of the line only showed up at like 6 pm.

#40 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

Total ymmv. Plus it always drives me crazy how people would rather wait in like for 30 hours to get $200 off something instead of working those 30 hours and purchasing a superior product at a more expensive price

#41 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

Total ymmv. Plus it always drives me crazy how people would rather wait in like for 30 hours to get $200 off something instead of working those 30 hours and purchasing a superior product at a more expensive price

Not all of us have jobs that pay ... uh ... $6.66 an hour ... uh nevermind

#42 Birbo

Birbo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

Hoping to get the Xbox 360 bundle.

#43 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

Some people do it for the experience and for laughs. Most, though, are just fucking stupid.

#44 Murderstorm

Murderstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

How exactly does it work to order by phone? Do they just set the items aside for me come black friday or do I have to pay for them over the phone?

#45 QuantumTunnelRat

QuantumTunnelRat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

I was in on this last year and it was a nightmare of server errors for bestbuy.com. I ended up getting in on most of the deals I wanted using the mobile site...m.bestbuy.com from my phone. As a head's up, you may want to try hitting m.bestbuy.com sometime before Monday and logging in to familiarize yourself with the mobile interface.

#46 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

Some people do it for the experience and for laughs. Most, though, are just fucking stupid.

Doing it for the experience is fucking stupid.

#47 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

Not stupid. Just not educated. A lot of people at my job were going but changed their mind when I told them the actual value of what they are getting. They were even more surprised that they can find half of those items through the year. You just gotta look.
Posted Image

#48 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

Stupid question but to the people that legitimately reached Silver status, what did you buy to get up to $2500? Even if I bought an iPad, a console, and an HDTV, I'd crack maybe $1500 and even then, you still got $1000 more to go.

#49 haruky

haruky

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

If you have time to kill, it can be fun. I've only done this whole Black Friday thing twice and just lined up with a few of my friends. We got some hot chocolate, brought some playing cards and just had some good laughs at 3 in the morning. We didn't actually buy any big items. We were just there to goof around and have a good time.

#50 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

:roll:

If you have friends to go with you and want a few laughs and memories out of waiting on a BF, I see no harm in it.

Life is all about shits and giggles. If you don't want any, you're missing out.

Stupid question but to the people that legitimately reached Silver status, what did you buy to get up to $2500? Even if I bought an iPad, a console, and an HDTV, I'd crack maybe $1500 and even then, you still got $1000 more to go.

I bought a ton of games and crap but mostly it's the two mbps that got me over the hump this year.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#51 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

My game trade-ins have been counting towards the 2500.

And there was that smartphone promotion, 2-year plan activation would take you straight to Silver status regardless of how much you've spent.

#52 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

My parents bought a $500 TV with my account. I also bought the Sony PS monitor a kindle touch and a bluray player. That was all with credit, but random amounts can still count. The rest is games and trade in. What really helps is adding trade credit to my pitch-in card.

#53 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Sweet! Thanks op! this will be my first year doing this, anyone got any good/bad story or experience about this? does the early access apply to everything in the black Friday ad or just some selection?

#54 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

My current total is somewhere above $5000 right now, my MacBook is what sent me into silver. Game trade ins are what have brought me this high.

No clue how I've spent that much though

Edit: $5,926 lol

#55 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

Well, some people just want an "Apple 5"
I'm sure that she is highly intelligent :roll:

#56 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

So doorbusters aren't gonna be available but everything on page two and beyond will? Or is it random.

Last year they had some of the doorbusters. I remember it specifically because they had the really cheap small TV (not the $400 42", but it was 24-30" for like $150 or something) on there. I debated on getting it because we
Need a spare tv

#57 Steggy

Steggy

Shhhhhhhhh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

Hoping I can snag Dance Central 3 and Kingdom Hearts 3Ds! Chances are it will not be included though.

#58 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

Well. I can see some aspects. One, not all jobs can you work 30 hours at will; along with many that don't work on Thursday.

Two, I know I've justified buying games because they were just so cheap. Basically, when they were $50-$60 I wouldn't buy them because it was too much money even though I wanted them. When they have that $20 sale I can say "well I ONLY spent $20 on it" even though it sits in my backlog. Same thing with these people. They wouldn't dream of spending $800 on the TV they really want, but they can justify it when they only have to spend $400 on it.

I feel that way about fast food. I can't bring myself to paying more than $5 at virtually any fast food resteruant. Any more and I might as well go to a sit down place or buy a medium steak and cook it at home. Each person has their comfort zone.

#59 SaveFarris

SaveFarris

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

But then we wouldn't be CAGs now, would we?
Posted Image

#60 strife01104

strife01104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

id be happy if they offered the cheap games/movies in their ad . Worth it to me to spend a little bit extra now if it means avoiding heache on black friday itself