Reward Zone Silver Black Friday Early Access 11/19/12 LIST IN OP

sninh

Banned
i saw this on the reward zone website and didn't see it posted anywhere

Black Friday Early Access Event Monday, 11/19
As a Premier Silver member, you get first access to select Black Friday deals. Preview the deals on 11/18 and then shop online or by phone on 11/19, beginning at 11 a.m. ET.

Here's how it works:

• Preview: Sunday 11/18, check your inbox or MyRewardZone.com for a look at select deals.
  • Shop: Monday 11/19, the Premier Silver Black Friday Early Access event begins at 11 a.m. ET. For one day only, shop online or by phone. Quantities are limited.
  • Prepare: Today, add your Reward Zone member number to your BestBuy.com account if you haven't already to ensure quick, easy access to this exclusive event.
Stay tuned for more details about the Premier Silver Black Friday Early Access event. It's just another way of saying thanks to our most loyal customers.

link at all the deals: http://www.bestbuy.com/preview20121118

Controllers
PS3 Dualshock 3- $34.99
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller- $34.99

$29.99
:wii: Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
:360::ps3: Medal of Honor: Warfighter
:360::ps3: Darksiders II
:360::ps3: Battlefield 3 Premium Edition
:360::ps3: The Amazing Spider-Man
:360::ps3: Need for Speed: Most Wanted

:psp: Vita Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified Limited Edition PS Vita Wi-Fi Bundle $199.99

$34.99:
:360::ps3: Assassin's Creed III
:360::ps3: Madden NFL 13
:360: Forza Horizon
:360::ps3: Borderlands 2
:360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 13
:pc: Diablo III
:ps3: Sony Dualshock 3 Controller
:ps3: Turtle Beach - Ear Force P11 Amplified Stereo Gaming Headset for PlayStation 3
:360: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - Black
:360: Turtle Beach - Ear Force X12 Gaming Headset for Xbox 360

$24.99 (Note all are Kinect only):
:360: Wipeout 3
:360: Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth
:360: Dance Central 3: Best Buy Exclusive Edition with 2 Bonus Tracks
:360: Kinect Sports: Ultimate Collection
:360: Dragon Ball Z for Kinect
:360: Just Dance 4

$14.99:
:360::ps3: Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition
:360: Halo: Reach
:3ds: Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
:360::ps3: Sniper Elite V2
:360::ps3: UFC Undisputed 3
:psp: Mortal Kombat Vita

$7.99:
:360::ps3: Dead Island Game of the Year
:360::ps3: Call of Juarez: The Cartel
:wii: Just Dance 3
:360: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
:360::ps3: Grand Slam Tennis 2
:pc: The Sims 3

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JaylisJayP']Doing it for the experience is fucking stupid.[/QUOTE]

If you have time to kill, it can be fun. I've only done this whole Black Friday thing twice and just lined up with a few of my friends. We got some hot chocolate, brought some playing cards and just had some good laughs at 3 in the morning. We didn't actually buy any big items. We were just there to goof around and have a good time.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Doing it for the experience is fucking stupid.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

If you have friends to go with you and want a few laughs and memories out of waiting on a BF, I see no harm in it.

Life is all about shits and giggles. If you don't want any, you're missing out.

[quote name='Kendro']Stupid question but to the people that legitimately reached Silver status, what did you buy to get up to $2500? Even if I bought an iPad, a console, and an HDTV, I'd crack maybe $1500 and even then, you still got $1000 more to go.[/QUOTE]

I bought a ton of games and crap but mostly it's the two mbps that got me over the hump this year.

[quote name='Kendro']Stupid question but to the people that legitimately reached Silver status, what did you buy to get up to $2500? Even if I bought an iPad, a console, and an HDTV, I'd crack maybe $1500 and even then, you still got $1000 more to go.[/QUOTE]

My game trade-ins have been counting towards the 2500.

And there was that smartphone promotion, 2-year plan activation would take you straight to Silver status regardless of how much you've spent.

My parents bought a $500 TV with my account. I also bought the Sony PS monitor a kindle touch and a bluray player. That was all with credit, but random amounts can still count. The rest is games and trade in. What really helps is adding trade credit to my pitch-in card.

Sweet! Thanks op! this will be my first year doing this, anyone got any good/bad story or experience about this? does the early access apply to everything in the black Friday ad or just some selection?

My current total is somewhere above $5000 right now, my MacBook is what sent me into silver. Game trade ins are what have brought me this high.

No clue how I've spent that much though

Edit: $5,926 lol

[quote name='confoosious']So doorbusters aren't gonna be available but everything on page two and beyond will? Or is it random.[/QUOTE]

Last year they had some of the doorbusters. I remember it specifically because they had the really cheap small TV (not the $400 42", but it was 24-30" for like $150 or something) on there. I debated on getting it because we
Need a spare tv

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Total ymmv. Plus it always drives me crazy how people would rather wait in like for 30 hours to get $200 off something instead of working those 30 hours and purchasing a superior product at a more expensive price[/QUOTE]

Well. I can see some aspects. One, not all jobs can you work 30 hours at will; along with many that don't work on Thursday.

Two, I know I've justified buying games because they were just so cheap. Basically, when they were $50-$60 I wouldn't buy them because it was too much money even though I wanted them. When they have that $20 sale I can say "well I ONLY spent $20 on it" even though it sits in my backlog. Same thing with these people. They wouldn't dream of spending $800 on the TV they really want, but they can justify it when they only have to spend $400 on it.

I feel that way about fast food. I can't bring myself to paying more than $5 at virtually any fast food resteruant. Any more and I might as well go to a sit down place or buy a medium steak and cook it at home. Each person has their comfort zone.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Total ymmv. Plus it always drives me crazy how people would rather wait in like for 30 hours to get $200 off something instead of working those 30 hours and purchasing a superior product at a more expensive price[/QUOTE]

But then we wouldn't be CAGs now, would we?

id be happy if they offered the cheap games/movies in their ad . Worth it to me to spend a little bit extra now if it means avoiding heache on black friday itself

[quote name='strife01104']id be happy if they offered the cheap games/movies in their ad . Worth it to me to spend a little bit extra now if it means avoiding heache on black friday itself[/QUOTE]

I think you will be ok then. I remember doing this last year and got every game I wanted and some blurays. I even picked up a cheap bluray player for the parents.
They didn't have the big doorbuster last year, I think it was a 40in TV for around $200 so I would expect the biggest items that draw attention to not be available.

I got lucky last year because I was up late and the system glitched. I saw a post on here that it was live and I got everything I wanted at a crazy time like 3am. So I didn't have to mess around the next day when the system was crashing. If I could only be so lucky this year....

I'm not Silver (yet), but in terms of the games I want, BB has been beaten by Walmart and GameStop (Diablo 3) this year.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I'm up for this.

Count me as one of those CAGs that got randomly elevated to silver until February 2014.[/QUOTE]
Same here, didn't buy a phone and spent about $1300.

Did any of you "randoms" open a new Best Buy credit card or something?

I did not spend $2,500 yet, but for some reason I am Silver until 2/2014, and I have been almost all year. I bought a $1500 laptop in February, and opened a new Best Buy card to pay it off with 0% interest. I wonder if that's what made me Premier Silver?

A month later, I signed up for @Gamer/Unlocked, but I doubt that affected anything.

I was bumped up to Silver without spending over $2500 this year, but it is only until 02/2013, but I was Silver by spending the money a few years ago.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I'm up for this.

Count me as one of those CAGs that got randomly elevated to silver until February 2014.[/QUOTE]

I'm crossing my fingers for a second year of silver w/o $2500 in purchases, nothing yet. Officially, I'm barely over $500 although between all of my trade in and other transactions, I should be close to hitting that number.

Two of my accounts are silver, one with phone upgrade and the other one i have no clue. I'm not too psych about this silver membership except for expedite shipping. Other than that, I don't see any appealing benefit unless I'm missing something big.

[quote name='coolrust']Two of my accounts are silver, one with phone upgrade and the other one i have no clue. I'm not too psych about this silver membership except for expedite shipping. Other than that, I don't see any appealing benefit unless I'm missing something big.[/QUOTE]
You get 60 days vs 30 days for returns/price matching. It's useful to get those $30-$40 games and still keep your $20 reward zone certificate if you have gamers unlocked for game pre-orders.

[quote name='usagi']You get 60 days vs 30 days for returns/price matching. It's useful to get those $30-$40 games and still keep your $20 reward zone certificate if you have gamers unlocked for game pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

oh yeah, i forgot about that. that's a big plus on being silver member.

I spent maybe $700 total all last year, but they upgraded me to silver this year, only big thing I purchased last year was iPad 3.

Silver membership is a great perk, the 60 day extended price match is ridiculous, After $20 bonus cert for preordering and then usually a $15-$20 price adjustment on each game, so any new game is about $20-$30 on day one of release.

One example

Buy/preorder Resident Evil 6 and get $20 gift certificate
Beat RE6, traded back to BB for $42(after 100% bonus)
Then price match/adjusted RE6 to 39.99 with gamestops ad

Paid $40 cash for RE6 and got a $20 cert+$44 bestbuy GC, so bestbuy essentially paid me $24 to play RE6 on day one. I will miss bestbuy when their gone.

[quote name='Poor2More'] so bestbuy essentially paid me $24 to play RE6 on day one. I will miss bestbuy when their gone.[/QUOTE]

That might be one of the reasons right there why they be going away.

I'm silver because I bought my iPhone 5 at BB. It'll come in handy because I'm trying to pick up the PS3 super slim bundle for a friend. Hope it's available on Monday!

No B&M again. I'd use a gift card anyway.

So far no one I know has premier silver. Wouldn't I just need the RZ member ID?

Its my first BF as a Silver member. How do i shop via the phone? Do they hold it in the store for me or must i pay everything through the phone? Also if i order it online can i pick it up in store the next day or do i have to wait till bf to pick em up? Also do you guys think games like nfs:mw and kh:3d will sell out fast? Also will the iPad sell out fast? Those are the stuff i'm looking for this year.

I took advantage of this last year and it was awesome! Took about a half hour, and I got everything I wanted from BB's BF ad, and in some cases, items were delivered on Wednesday before Thanksgiving.

... and I did it all from my Xyboard while I was sitting in a meeting at work. :)

[quote name='darrenaw9']Its my first BF as a Silver member. How do i shop via the phone? Do they hold it in the store for me or must i pay everything through the phone? Also if i order it online can i pick it up in store the next day or do i have to wait till bf to pick em up? Also do you guys think games like nfs:mw and kh:3d will sell out fast? Also will the iPad sell out fast? Those are the stuff i'm looking for this year.[/QUOTE]
If I remember correctly, I think it was shipping only last year ... in-store pickup was not an option.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

I got my first silver offer out of nowhere, no phone purchase or anything, and I'm currently on my second free year.

[quote name='Poor2More']I will miss bestbuy when their gone.[/QUOTE]

As someone who calls Best Buy their place of employment, I can safely say, don't count count your eggs before they hatch.

I'm close to $2500, but not quite there. I'll just use my grandparents' RZ Premier account to browse around.

I've spent around $3700 so far this year at Best Buy. I've done a lot of flipping games back to Ebay to build up RZ Certificates through the Gamers Club Unlocked $20 promos, and I seriously built the hell out of my PS3 and 360 libraries mostly through BB during all their crazy B2G1 sales, etc.

Here's a crazy story for you. I didn't know if or where to share it, but I figure this is as appropriate of a place as any.

I had $135 in RZ certificates but it was spread across 9 certificates, and I wanted them to be consolidated into 1-2 certificates to help with the Black Friday sale, or this early access sale. So, I called Best Buy Customer Service to get that done. After two calls and about 30 minutes, I went from having 9 certificates to 7 at $105, to 0 at $0. Then, suddenly I had 9 again, for a total of $255, and so far it has stayed like that. Yeah, I'm not calling them back about it.

Here's hoping they at least have the PS3 super slim. I think it's supposed to be $199.99, so I'll only be able to use $195 in RZ certificates. Still, it'll be nice to pay $5 + tax for a PS3. I already have Uncharted 1 & 2 and Infamous 1 & 2, so guess I'll sell those.

I've also still got about $50 more worth of points pending, so I might possibly end up buying a PS Vita, maybe.

[quote name='pwnthee']I've spent around $3700 so far this year at Best Buy. I've done a lot of flipping games back to Ebay to build up RZ Certificates through the Gamers Club Unlocked $20 promos, and I seriously built the hell out of my PS3 and 360 libraries mostly through BB during all their crazy B2G1 sales, etc.

Here's a crazy story for you. I didn't know if or where to share it, but I figure this is as appropriate of a place as any.

I had $135 in RZ certificates but it was spread across 9 certificates, and I wanted them to be consolidated into 1-2 certificates to help with the Black Friday sale, or this early access sale. So, I called Best Buy Customer Service to get that done. After two calls and about 30 minutes, I went from having 9 certificates to 7 at $105, to 0 at $0. Then, suddenly I had 9 again, for a total of $255, and so far it has stayed like that. Yeah, I'm not calling them back about it.

Here's hoping they at least have the PS3 super slim. I think it's supposed to be $199.99, so I'll only be able to use $195 in RZ certificates. Still, it'll be nice to pay $5 + tax for a PS3. I already have Uncharted 1 & 2 and Infamous 1 & 2, so guess I'll sell those.

I've also still got about $50 more worth of points pending, so I might possibly end up buying a PS Vita, maybe.[/QUOTE]

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/black-friday-13755-SonyPlayStation3250GBBundle.html

I reach Silver status no problem every year. I have the Reward Zone Mastercard so everyday purchases count towards your silver status. I use it to buy gas, groceries, etc. As long as you buy $2,500 worth of anything in the calendar year, you will get the silver status. You also get a small multiplier added to best buy purchases so really it only takes a couple months to hit Silver with their CC.

[quote name='udryguy']I reach Silver status no problem every year. I have the Reward Zone Mastercard so everyday purchases count towards your silver status. I use it to buy gas, groceries, etc. As long as you buy $2,500 worth of anything in the calendar year, you will get the silver status. You also get a small multiplier added to best buy purchases so really it only takes a couple months to hit Silver with their CC.[/QUOTE]

Aren't you paying interest on all your purchases each month though? That doesn't sound like a bad idea, but I buy everything with my debit card to avoid interest charges. That's a good plan for anyone who uses CCs on everyday purchases though.

[quote name='barrit']Aren't you paying interest on all your purchases each month though? That doesn't sound like a bad idea, but I buy everything with my debit card to avoid interest charges. That's a good plan for anyone who uses CCs on everyday purchases though.[/QUOTE]

there's no interest if you pay off your balance every month.

[quote name='confoosious']there's no interest if you pay off your balance every month.[/QUOTE]

Oh nice, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. I'll have to look into it. It's been long while since I've used CCs for everyday purchases instead of my debit card.

I keep silver without spending much money there, I bought a TV 6 years ago and got Silver. During the year and on Black Friday I just tell people I will buy stuff it for them. A couple laptops and TV's add up really quick. I put it on my BB credit card and they pay me and I get the RW certs for doing it. I don;t think I really even get much on BF except a couple games, but this year after having my daughter my pile of games is as high as its ever been I havent played so there isn't much I want

I would like to get the 40" or 46" Samsung LED 3D TV from the ads. They aren't door busters, so I hope they have them!

[quote name='barrit']Oh nice, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. I'll have to look into it. It's been long while since I've used CCs for everyday purchases instead of my debit card.[/QUOTE]

yeah if you're fiscally responsible, credit cards offer lots of perks, especially amex.

[quote name='flix1']I took advantage of this last year and it was awesome! Took about a half hour, and I got everything I wanted from BB's BF ad, and in some cases, items were delivered on Wednesday before Thanksgiving.

... and I did it all from my Xyboard while I was sitting in a meeting at work. :)[/QUOTE]

If you purchase a video game console will this be available for store pick up Monday or shipping only?

[quote name='pwnthee']Yeah, thanks.

I was aware that they have the bundle as part of the Black Friday deal, but this thread is about the Monday early access deal, and there's no confirmation yet that the PS3 Bundle will definitely be included.[/QUOTE]

All BF online deals were open to RZ early access if I remember right. In limited quantities of course

bread's done
Back