Reward Zone Silver Black Friday Early Access 11/19/12 LIST IN OP

• Please log in to reply
1291 replies to this topic

#1021 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

The pickins are getting mighty slim. I went back and picked up Dead Island and AC: Rev couple for my bro-in-law, but none of the movies I was interested in remain - and it appears a lot of stuff is sold out..

#1022 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

Got dead island thanks for tip it went back in stock!

#1023 NonShalant

NonShalant

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

Thanks for everyone who said Dead Island was back in stock. I was bummed when I didn't get it earlier. Now I'm tap dancing

#1024 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

decided to bite on dead island for the ps3, i guess some more copies magically popped up in their warehouse

#1025 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

decided to bite on dead island for the ps3, i guess some more copies magically popped up in their warehouse

Or some canceled orders and decided not to buy.
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#1026 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

That was pretty dumb so I had everything I wanted and when I check out all of the stuff disappeared. Guess I get to brave the store on Friday for the 3 movies I want.

Kamagii.png

#1027 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

That was pretty dumb so I had everything I wanted and when I check out all of the stuff disappeared. Guess I get to brave the store on Friday for the 3 movies I want.

Same happened to me earlier. I had four items in my cart (Fringe season 4, Big Bang Theory season 5, Dead Island GOTY, and GTAIV Complete), as soon as I go to check out, they all "disappear" from my cart and say sold out. :cry:
Posted Image

#1028 Ace69

Ace69

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

Does anyone know if that 100 dollar was restocked but sold out again?

#1029 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

All you CAGs buying Dead Island...better be playing with some of you.

#1030 henhowc

henhowc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

Weird stuff happening with the site. Tax calculator wasn't working and shipping only listed Standard as an option. Also, the e-mail invoice and online order status listed a $6 shipping charge. Placed a different order later on in the day and Expedited was now an option.

I called in and the CSR could not find the extra shipping charge. No big deal as it wasn't actually included in the final total. They also couldn't change my shipping type from Standard to Expedited. Oh well...

#1031 atlantis

atlantis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

Weird stuff happening with the site. Tax calculator wasn't working and shipping only listed Standard as an option. Also, the e-mail invoice and online order status listed a $6 shipping charge. Placed a different order later on in the day and Expedited was now an option.

I called in and the CSR could not find the extra shipping charge. No big deal as it wasn't actually included in the final total. They also couldn't change my shipping type from Standard to Expedited. Oh well...

It's okay dude. I got screwed too on shipping.

#1032 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

Suffering from the Flu today and had to sit through their goddamn "blizzard" of bullshit. Finally about noon I was able to use my 115 in reward certs to get 3 seasons of Family Guy, Project X on Blu, Need For Speed, Darksiders 2, Sniper Elite and UFC 3. Gladly I will not have to leave my house on Friday, but I sure as shit hope I feel better by Weds cause I gotta drive 3 hours to drop my daughter off at her moms for the holiday. Back on topic though, How the shit does BB not know they are going to get slammed on a day like today after this is their 3rd year? I am not gonna do the rage post which was so prevalent during the 11-12 oclock timframe on here, but in all honesty, it is shit like this that costs them repeat customers. Hell, if it wasn't for the fact I had all those reward zone certs I would have given up myself.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#1033 Miada

Miada

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

It didn't really resonate with me until just now but...

I bought that Black Ops Vita bundle.

That was something I wasn't even planning on getting, but I guess I just couldn't help myself. I've been missing having a portable system. My OG PSP broke from a ledge fall and I never got the 3000 or the Go even though I really wanted one. I have an iPhone but I really don't like playing games on it. It's just not the same. I was hesitant with the Vita at first (cost, memory card cost, the fact that there isn't internal memory), but I think it does have some good games that can help my boredom whilst at work. I played Wipeout 2048 at Best Buy today (the 2nd time ever playing it. First time I played the Uncharted demo but it was very short), and it was a lot of fun.

I also bought ACIII without ever playing any of the other AC games in the series. I guess I'm going to have to get those now too. Well, I can get AC and then the Ezio Trilogy.
Forever stuck in Backlog Hell...

http://www.cheapassg...s-backlog-blog/

:ps3: Currently Playing : GTA Online, Jeopardy! Ultimate Edition (Digital), Resident Evil 6, Saints Row 2
:ps4: Currently Playing : Outlast, Resogun, Flower, Call Of Duty : Ghosts

#1034 jayntampa

jayntampa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

Dead Island was a great game - even with the little nitpicky parts. I played it through the first time alone. Highest tension zombie game I've ever played -- you constantly have to balance the desire to explore (my favorite thing in games) and the fear of running into a horde. Loved it. Hope the sequel plays as well solo ...

But, the multi is fun, too! If anyone is on the fence about it, at $7.99 it's a no-brainer.

#1035 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

I spent maybe $700 total all last year, but they upgraded me to silver this year, only big thing I purchased last year was iPad 3.

I'm jealous. I spent about $1100 this year, but no free upgrade.

#1036 ProAnon

ProAnon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

So is this access only for today, or can we shop the deals up till Thursday/Friday?

#1037 jayntampa

jayntampa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

I also bought ACIII without ever playing any of the other AC games in the series. I guess I'm going to have to get those now too. Well, I can get AC and then the Ezio Trilogy.

Do you have a PS3? Look for the Assassin's Creed Revelations that comes with the original AC on disc. That way you only have to buy the ACII series.

#1038 Miada

Miada

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

Do you have a PS3? Look for the Assassin's Creed Revelations that comes with the original AC on disc. That way you only have to buy the ACII series.

Yes I do! I'll look for that; thanks!

By the way, are the games in chronological order (I.E. I know they all take place in different time periods, but should I play them in the order the were originally released), or in a particular order?

:ps3: Currently Playing : GTA Online, Jeopardy! Ultimate Edition (Digital), Resident Evil 6, Saints Row 2

#1039 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

By the way, are the games in chronological order (I.E. I know they all take place in different time periods, but should I play them in the order the were originally released), or in a particular order?

Play in order of release. (AC1,AC2,ACB,ACR,AC3)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#1040 jayntampa

jayntampa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

Play them in the order they were released -- it's better for the overarching story.

#1041 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:36 PM

XBOX Gamertag is JaylisJayP. Add me.

My game shipped already, too!

#1042 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

Play them in chronological order, but honestly if you want you can skip AC1 and jump stright to ACII

Some people enjoyed ACI, personally? I hated it.

#1043 Miada

Miada

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Play in order of release. (AC1,AC2,ACB,ACR,AC3)

Play them in the order they were released -- it's better for the overarching story.

Thank you both! Well, once I get the other AC titles in the series, and hopefully Dishonored, I'll be all done for this Black Friday. I've already spent way too much today lol...

#1044 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Yay my order has already shipped.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#1045 cigaro

cigaro

Constants and Variables

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

My need for speed and always sunny season 5 blu ray have their payment validated and are about to ship.

I was going to get need for speed at walmart, but it was only 5 dollars cheaper. Now the only thing I want to go out for is forza horizon on thursday night....

Then I wil head out and see what scraps are left as far as blu rays are concerned and what not in the morning

#1046 Macburgel

Macburgel

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

Games processed and shipped already now to play the waiting game aka halo and asassins creed 1

#1047 Gore

Gore

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

What time does the "early access" end?

#1048 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

So people have had success ordering multiple copies?

#1049 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

Just got an email saying Iron Man 2 Blu-ray was backordered.

Also decided to buy NFS Most Wanted, I know it'll be cheaper eventually, but hopefully I still have 60 days to price match and it goes on sale for $20 somewhere...If not oh well.

All in all I bought:
PS3 Bundle
2x Iron Man 2
2x Dead Island GotY
AC3
The Amazing Spider-Man
Blue PS3 Controller
Need for Speed Most Wanted

Total side question, the Toshiba laptop that will be online only on Black Friday at Best Buy, what is everyones opinion of Toshiba laptops?

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#1050 WalkinPneumonia

WalkinPneumonia

Professional Cheap @$$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

Had my friend order KH:DDD for me. :)
Posted Image