The Official Craigslist Finds Thread Vol. 2

• Please log in to reply
727 replies to this topic

#571 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:29 PM

Good find today. All of this for $40. System has RROD. Everything else works.

EDIT: HOLY **** the console does work!!!! I used a different power cable because the one that came with this bundle has a red light.

01010_b86K9buD6rl_600x450.jpg

00C0C_hcqssauJ1Pg_600x450.jpg

#572 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:30 PM

Also bought this today.

iPhone 3G for $15. Seems to be working. Small thin crack on the screen but it won't bother me. I will probably occasionally use it as an iPod. I like collecting old Apple stuff :)

#573 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:08 PM

Wellity wellity, someone near me is selling a CiB copy of Earthbound. Once again I'm feeling justified in keeping all my old SNES games. :)

http://baltimore.cra...4433150028.html

"Prices are based on Ebay sold items"................"yet Im too lazy to actually sell them on Ebay and think I can get those prices on Craigslist". You can tell who the people who have never used Ebay are, they have no clue about all the Ebay/Paypal/shipping fees and think all that money is actually going to the seller!

http://mbsy.co/lootcrate/8401525 Loot Crate (Get boxes of tech/gamer/nerd stuff delievered every month)

http://www.ebates.co...TvZAODnfHwJLg== Earn Cash Back on shopping sites

http://sensor2.suite...S=1&RPID=282220 Tango Giftcards for running an app

Earn giftcards for Amazon and other places by clicking the referral links. Help a brother out while youre at it :)

#574 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:21 AM

"Prices are based on Ebay sold items"................"yet Im too lazy to actually sell them on Ebay and think I can get those prices on Craigslist". You can tell who the people who have never used Ebay are, they have no clue about all the Ebay/Paypal/shipping fees and think all that money is actually going to the seller!

Not to mention that most of those prices are double (or more) the actual value...

76561197996844513.png

#575 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:41 PM

Hooray - a C-list pick up. Hadn't had one for quite a while.

$90

Black wii complete in box, 2 racing wheels in boxes, 2 extra controllers, nunchucks, and 17 games.

Games have some good ones - Smash Bros, Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, Mario Sluggers, Zelda TP, Zelda SS, etc.

I guess I need to keep an eye out for one of those high amazon tiv's

#576 commandercody83

commandercody83

SAMURAI!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:27 PM

Dokstarr, I thought you got robbed then I read "17 games."

Nice find!

#577 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:18 PM

Two in a row - who would've thought.

Another decent find. Not awesome, but you take what you can get.

For $80

pink dsi in the box and 10 games

Animal Crossing

Mario 64

Kirby Squeak Squad

Trauma Center

Cooking Mama 3

2x Pokemon Pearl

3x Pokemon Diamond

5 pokemon games seemed like a pretty good pick up. There were a bunch more games but they seemed like junk. I pretty much got Cooking Mama and Trauma Center for the gf.

Edit:

It appears that all the games and systems from today and yesterday have their Nintendo coins. I think I'm going to wait until July to redeem them just so I can get the instant platinum. I've already hit platinum like 4x over this year from yardsales and craigslist. I just have to make sure not to forget. Last July I forgot and had the whole years worth of points sitting in my desk.

#578 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:40 PM

Goddammit I feel ****ing horrible right now. I was doing errands and completely forgot I had to meet someone to sell a Xbox controller! 

Not sure if I should bother responding now :/ 

I took off the ad just now. 

#579 RPGamer246

RPGamer246

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:13 AM

Picked up a new Xbox one console only, nothing else for $150, it had to be a replacement/refurb cause it was in its own bubble wrapped bag in a box sealed and it was shipped from MS according to the seller. it works perfectly, scored a controller from my friend for free and ordered an AC adapter and kinect 2.0 off eBay for $90 so I'm looking at a fully functional pristine Xbox one for $240 :D

#580 Equistina

Equistina

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:48 AM

it had to be a replacement/refurb cause it was in its own bubble wrapped bag in a box sealed and it was shipped from MS according to the seller. D

Aka stolen? This is what apparently my new neighbors boyfriend does. I heard her telling her friend that came over that she got her game thing for free because they jack the company. Real quality people there :/ (I'm on mobile and can't do yellow font, but the last part was sarcasm in case someone can't tell)

Equistina.png

#581 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

I hate Craigslist so fucking much sometimes. Someone posted a DSi, 2 GBA SPs, LOZ: phantom hourglass and Oracle of Seasons, Pokemon Yellow and Final Fantasy IV all for $55. I emailed them 6 minutes after posting and they are two streets over from me. They respond saying they will meet me at noon.

I go and wait and wait for half an hour and no one shows up. Tried emailing a few times and no response and finally go to check the Craigslist post to see if there was a phone number and they deleted the post.

So obviously someone else offered them more and they didn't have the decency to email me to let me know before I went and wasted my time.

#582 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:49 PM

Aka stolen? This is what apparently my new neighbors boyfriend does. I heard her telling her friend that came over that she got her game thing for free because they jack the company. Real quality people there :/ (I'm on mobile and can't do yellow font, but the last part was sarcasm in case someone can't tell)

fixed :D

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#583 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:22 AM

I hate Craigslist so fucking much sometimes. Someone posted a DSi, 2 GBA SPs, LOZ: phantom hourglass and Oracle of Seasons, Pokemon Yellow and Final Fantasy IV all for $55. I emailed them 6 minutes after posting and they are two streets over from me. They respond saying they will meet me at noon.

I go and wait and wait for half an hour and no one shows up. Tried emailing a few times and no response and finally go to check the Craigslist post to see if there was a phone number and they deleted the post.

So obviously someone else offered them more and they didn't have the decency to email me to let me know before I went and wasted my time.

I usually ask for people's numbers before meeting them. Also, I check with them a hour before if were still good. If no response, I don't go.

#584 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:34 PM

This would be a find if I lived in Seattle atm (I move there in 3 weeks)

Would love a Wii U at that price...

https://seattle.crai...4448799917.html

(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#585 ShoeGamer19

ShoeGamer19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:59 PM

Those are fake ads. It's happened to me more than once in my CL lol. I forgot but once you e-mail them they say "Sorry, the item has sold, but I can show you where I bought it." Then they insert a link....it got all my hopes up /;

sig.gif

Free Wii U Conga Line!

http://www.cheapassg...ash-conga-line/

#586 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:17 PM

When you see contact ******@gmail.com in the description it's a fake. I've seen so many lately.

#587 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:53 PM

When you see contact ******@gmail.com in the description it's a fake. I've seen so many lately.

Oh really? Would have never guessed. :/

(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#588 Equistina

Equistina

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:13 PM

Is gmail the new scammer email now or something? 

Equistina.png

#589 jbroush99

jbroush99

Old Tickle Feathers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:56 PM

I finally dug back out the the 3DS I bought off craigslist back in March to download the Mario Golf demo a co-worker recommended.  After

getting my Nintendo online account all set up, it shows I have $9.09 left to spend in the eshop.  BONUS!!!

#590 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:09 AM

With the wii bundle I got last week. I was surprised the two games I thought were junk were some of the most valuable. Madden 13 and Fifa 13. I was assuming junk but they go for like 30 each on ebay.

#591 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:11 AM

With the wii bundle I got last week. I was surprised the two games I thought were junk were some of the most valuable. Madden 13 and Fifa 13. I was assuming junk but they go for like 30 each on ebay.

Something about being the last of each series on Wii.

#592 strawyleader997

strawyleader997

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:38 PM

I met a guy in my city and bought all of these for $75.

Super Smash Bros Melee(2 copies)
Super Mario Sunshine
Mario Golf Toadstool Tour

I felt it was a good deal since I don't own smash bros.

#593 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:49 AM

I met a guy in my city and bought all of these for $75.

Super Smash Bros Melee(2 copies)
Super Mario Sunshine
Mario Golf Toadstool Tour

I felt it was a good deal since I don't own smash bros.

if they work (and have original cases) thats not bad, you can sell Melee for $50ish.  I bought a GC bundle about 6 weeks back for $65 and it came with a complete copy of Melee but the disc was pretty scratched and wont play an MP match.  

Garrus_Lannister.png

#594 strawyleader997

strawyleader997

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:48 AM

http://minneapolis.c...4456230045.html

This is going to sound crazy but I'm in a scavenger hunt and need to collect as many video game cases for Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3, and Playstation 4 as I can from different titles. The part where I look crazy is in how much money I'm willing to devote.

I will pay you:

-$10 per case OR
-The price listed on the sticker for the game
WHICHEVER IS HIGHER!

That means I'm going to be paying $60 for some empty cases. Please be willing to send a picture of each case so I'm sure of what I'm getting and sure of what I owe (include pictures that show the price tag if you want more than $10 for that case!)

#595 ChuckT

ChuckT

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:03 AM

This is an odd find - part of the Vectrex lot I posted earlier this year. Don't have any games for the system, so I have yet to try it out. Looks interesting. 

14116407332_e0bd32d72b_s.jpg

#596 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:48 PM

FINALLY scored a decent craigslist deal last night after quite a drought, although that's mostly because I've been so ridiculously busy with other things.  Saw this posting for an in home "yard sale" and while the prices for most items are market price/very un-CAG worthy (anyone see anything worth picking up that I may have missed?), I noticed the mention of a "broken PS3 - no video, $50".

Spoiler

Figured it was merely the video output settings being incorrect, so I arranged to stop by.  Sure enough, it turned on fine no yellow light of death, but no picture.  I gave him $40 for it since it didn't include a controller sixaxis DS3 or otherwise - only the power cord, the official Playstation RGB Component cable set, and the console which is an OG original 60 GB backwards compatible.

Took it home, cleaned it as it was a little dusty, and plugged it in with an HDMI cable and there was the picture, just perfect. Reset it to factory specs then went through setup and gave it a test run, works perfectly.  I already have an OG 60 gig so I figure I'll sell or trade it possibly for a new or like new WiiU bundle, what are these going for nowadays?    

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#597 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Germany 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:28 AM

FINALLY scored a decent craigslist deal last night after quite a drought, although that's mostly because I've been so ridiculously busy with other things.  Saw this posting for an in home "yard sale" and while the prices for most items are market price/very un-CAG worthy (anyone see anything worth picking up that I may have missed?), I noticed the mention of a "broken PS3 - no video, $50".

Spoiler

Figured it was merely the video output settings being incorrect, so I arranged to stop by.  Sure enough, it turned on fine no yellow light of death, but no picture.  I gave him $40 for it since it didn't include a controller sixaxis DS3 or otherwise - only the power cord, the official Playstation RGB Component cable set, and the console which is an OG original 60 GB backwards compatible.

Took it home, cleaned it as it was a little dusty, and plugged it in with an HDMI cable and there was the picture, just perfect. Reset it to factory specs then went through setup and gave it a test run, works perfectly.  I already have an OG 60 gig so I figure I'll sell or trade it possibly for a new or like new WiiU bundle, what are these going for nowadays?    

nice pick up! I am still having an issue getting my PS3 (bought under the same description) to output in HDMi. component works, but hdmi gives me nothing (maybe that's why it was sold for so cheap?)

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Updated List- Come Buy My Stuff Cheap!

#598 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:47 AM

nice pick up! I am still having an issue getting my PS3 (bought under the same description) to output in HDMi. component works, but hdmi gives me nothing (maybe that's why it was sold for so cheap?)

Are you going into the settings menu on the dashboard and switching it over to the hdmi output there? And did you test both the hdmi cable and the hdmi input on the tv with say another bluray player or some other device to confirm they are both working fine?

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#599 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:47 AM

Did you do the "hold the power button until you hear 3 beeps" thing with only the hdmi cable connected?

Try a different hdmi cable.

Try a different tv.

Try a different PS3 on the same TV with the same hdmi cable (if you have an extra)

You have to eliminate everything else but the PS3 as the possible problems.

#600 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Germany 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:07 AM

Are you going into the settings menu on the dashboard and switching it over to the hdmi output there? And did you test both the hdmi cable and the hdmi input on the tv with say another bluray player or some other device to confirm they are both working fine?

Ya know, I tried the 3 button beep first. that didn't do anything, then my friend "enlightened" me to the switch via the dash. problem was that I did it at my house on my tv and it did nothing. however...

Did you do the "hold the power button until you hear 3 beeps" thing with only the hdmi cable connected?

Try a different hdmi cable.

Try a different tv.

Try a different PS3 on the same TV with the same hdmi cable (if you have an extra)

You have to eliminate everything else but the PS3 as the possible problems.

I am taking it to his house to try these other methods. Its a tv that is a year old, and the port I tried was the one my 360 goes to (used the cord from that as well). Thanks guys!

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Updated List- Come Buy My Stuff Cheap!