The Official Craigslist Finds Thread Vol. 2

Managed to get a pretty good deal yesterday. Rockband 3 disc only, Rockband wired drumset, Rockband Wireless Stratocaster Guitar, and wireless guitar dongle. $35 cash

The game alone sells for $40-$55 on ebay.

LOL so along with all that Zune stuff I posted a few days ago, today I traded my $10 PS2 slim with one controller and one game for a Zune HD 16GB player!!!! The HD one is so awesome, definitely keeping it.

[quote name='Pyloric']Contacted a guy yesterday about a Dreamcast with 14 games (MvC1 and 2, Power Stone, Sonic Adv, Shemune) for $60. At first I was the only one interested in the package. Before we could meet up, someone must have told him the games are worth more than that. He said he will piece it out, or sell to the highest bidder, currently at $80. I said I'll pay your original $60.

I'm tired of people like this on Craigslist. Everytime.[/QUOTE]

Some people will try to pull bait and switch too; often the best thing you can do is express your disinterest and walk away when they try and pull that crap.

Found a rare prototype Xbox controller. It's a prototype of the Duke controller, called the Dakota.
img0486evq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vantheman']^ How much for those?[/QUOTE]

Many hours of searching but I managed to snag both for a grand total of $150.

Anyone else notice there's now a second active Craigslist post? I just posted in the other one but this seems to be the active one so copying my post over:

"Just had a pretty good score:
DSCF5019_zpsbaccfb37.jpg

Bioshock 2, Arkham Asylum GOTY, Arkham City, Black Ops II, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Portal 2, God of War Collection, God of War Origins Collection, Uncharted 2 GOTY, Uncharted 3, Splinter Cell Trilogy, Rage, Tekken Hybrid, Sly Collection, Mass Effect 2, Assassin's Creed Revelations, LA Noire, Midnight Club LA Complete, Resident Evil 5, Fallout 3 GOTY, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 3, Skate 3, Jak and Daxter Collection and Assassin's Creed III.

All complete and mint except for Assassin's Creed III. The lot was $200."

[quote name='Danil ACE']Found a rare prototype Xbox controller. It's a prototype of the Duke controller, called the Dakota.
img0486evq.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I didn't even know those existed, how much do they go for? Can't seem to find anything on eBay

I can never find anything on Craigslist as everyone in my area seems to list things so high, and whenever I post something for sale I get lowballed like Hell. I'm doing something wrong. D:

I'm glad you guys are interested in the controller, but the xboxes in the photo are far more interesting. ;) Just the clear one is worth about $400 right now and the green one is around $200, so getting them both for just $150 was a great deal.

Check out this YouTube video that some guy recorded about his. Lots of info if you can tolerate the boring bits.

http://youtu.be/MMV6AuPwsdk

[quote name='Danil ACE']I'm glad you guys are interested in the controller, but the xboxes in the photo are far more interesting. ;) Just the clear one is worth about $400 right now and the green one is around $200, so getting them both for just $150 was a great deal.

Check out this YouTube video that some guy recorded about his. Lots of info if you can tolerate the boring bits.

http://youtu.be/MMV6AuPwsdk[/QUOTE]

Yeah i've been searching for those as well, for a reasonable price. Just never knew about the controller :lol: Nice finds.

Anyone ever had any luck buying gift cards on CL? Trying to figure out the best way to go about it.

Only reason I ask is a person is selling a Best Buy gc for $75 obo (worth $108). Thinking I could go $65 since it's been up a few days and their ad stated that they "need money".

Last edited by a moderator:
I would only do it if they met you at the store and stayed until you completed your purchase.

Otherwise, I'd assume it was a scam (sell you the card, immediately use it on an online order, pocket your cash and you're left with nothing).

Well I just had a decent find yesterday. But also a really terrible CL experience. Creeped me out actually.

$70 for gamecube bundle with 2 official controllers and a gamestop brand wavebird, and offbrand memory card.
Included luigis mansion, smash bros, digimon world 4, zoids battle legends, paper mario, and a trash game.

Asked him on the phone if he had any other old games looking to sell, he brought a N64 with about 12 games and 2 controllers.
I picked out smash bros, bomberman 64, pokemon snap, and mario party 1. Along with both controllers and offered $20 and he took it immediately.

Now as for the creepiness. Was meeting in a parking lot by a petsmart. Guys showed up 20 minutes late, I was actually driving away as they called to tell me they were there.

Got there and they said they would just look for me, I told em what I looked like and my car.

Two guys approached me asking if I was looking for any stuff.. lol. I just said "No im not."
Then they said, oh what about like game stuff, for craigslist?

So then they say, okay let me see the money..lol. "No you guys are making me uncomfortable." I was thinking about just leaving.
Then they said something like well Im not showing you the games until I see the money. So then I just started walking away to my car to leave.

They say okay fine, go over there and well show you. And they pointed off.. lol. "where do you want me to go?" then they pointed again and it was a car parked 30 feet away. But under a light.

So i went over, they brought out the games, etc. They didnt bring any bags (hate that) so they helped me take stuff to my car. I had to watch them, I kept looking back.

Then they get to my car and say wow your car is really clean. Sounds like a line someone says before they rob you or something. Two guys, one kid about my age and an older guy who looked like a tweaker. They were both smoking the entire time too.

So basically creeped me out the entire time, thought of just leaving a few times but it was a good buy.

Craigslist sucks. Ive never had something like that happen before though, but now Im going to want to have someone else with me when im meeting at night.

[quote name='Artrigis']Well I just had a decent find yesterday. But also a really terrible CL experience. Creeped me out actually.

$70 for gamecube bundle with 2 official controllers and a gamestop brand wavebird, and offbrand memory card.
Included luigis mansion, smash bros, digimon world 4, zoids battle legends, paper mario, and a trash game.

Asked him on the phone if he had any other old games looking to sell, he brought a N64 with about 12 games and 2 controllers.
I picked out smash bros, bomberman 64, pokemon snap, and mario party 1. Along with both controllers and offered $20 and he took it immediately.

Now as for the creepiness. Was meeting in a parking lot by a petsmart. Guys showed up 20 minutes late, I was actually driving away as they called to tell me they were there.

Got there and they said they would just look for me, I told em what I looked like and my car.

Two guys approached me asking if I was looking for any stuff.. lol. I just said "No im not."

So then they say, okay let me see the money..lol. "No you guys are making me uncomfortable." I was thinking about just leaving.
Then they said something like well Im not showing you the games until I see the money. So then I just started walking away to my car to leave.

They say okay fine, go over there and well show you. And they pointed off.. lol. "where do you want me to go?" then they pointed again and it was a car parked 30 feet away. But under a light.

So i went over, they brought out the games, etc. They didnt bring any bags (hate that) so they helped me take stuff to my car. I had to watch them, I kept looking back.

Then they get to my car and say wow your car is really clean. Sounds like a line someone says before they rob you or something. Two guys, one kid about my age and an older guy who looked like a tweaker. They were both smoking the entire time too.

So basically creeped me out the entire time, thought of just leaving a few times but it was a good buy.

Craigslist sucks. Ive never had something like that happen before though, but now Im going to want to have someone else with me when im meeting at night.[/QUOTE]

Thats crazy. maybe they felt the same? U should done it with another person with u. lucky everything was alright.

[quote name='Artrigis']Well I just had a decent find yesterday. But also a really terrible CL experience. Creeped me out actually.

Craigslist sucks. Ive never had something like that happen before though, but now Im going to want to have someone else with me when im meeting at night.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you guys were just making it awkward for each other lol. I try and always pick stuff up during the day times, for CL, but some of the best deals happen at night. Nice pick ups

[quote name='kobun']Its been a while since i found something decent on craigslist.
3BFE9A3D-8A50-4872-BA03-FC9EE435FD0C-15485-0000041CEA813158_zpsbf369325.jpg
110 for all[/QUOTE]

Man, what happened to that SP? Previous owner put it through a blender?

[quote name='kobun']Its been a while since i found something decent on craigslist.
3BFE9A3D-8A50-4872-BA03-FC9EE435FD0C-15485-0000041CEA813158_zpsbf369325.jpg
110 for all[/QUOTE]

Heya. From the looks of it that pokemon emerald looks like a bootleg. It should have a shiny label not a plain matte one.

If its a bootleg it might also say odd things when you start up the game like "The game save is okay and can be loaded" I got a bootleg emerald once.

[quote name='Artrigis']Heya. From the looks of it that pokemon emerald looks like a bootleg. It should have a shiny label not a plain matte one.

If its a bootleg it might also say odd things when you start up the game like "The game save is okay and can be loaded" I got a bootleg emerald once.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's fake since it has the green transparent case on it but it's probably the angle of the photo make's the label not shine.

lol that's hilarious lmfao!!!!

I once met up with a girl to buy parasite eve from her... but 10 minutes before we met i got super high... lets just say it was an awkward moment during the transaction.. i even emailed her later on that day to tell her why i was acting so weird.. or at least i felt like i acted weird...

lol

but don't judge me! that was like 2 years ago, i no longer smoke.. :)

[quote name='Artrigis']Heya. From the looks of it that pokemon emerald looks like a bootleg. It should have a shiny label not a plain matte one.

If its a bootleg it might also say odd things when you start up the game like "The game save is okay and can be loaded" I got a bootleg emerald once.[/QUOTE]

I was a little worried too , so when i got home i opened them all up. they are all legit, with nintendo boards.

my first craiglist find its not that great but i still love it

some one posted, 1 snes console w/ 3 games, for $30 since i already had 2 snes consoles i

asked if i could buy the games instead and asked them if $5 was ok, they said sure, and went over to pick them up

these are the games
super mario world
yoshi island
donkey kong country

[quote name='boyboy1080']my first craiglist find its not that great but i still love it

some one posted, 1 snes console w/ 3 games, for $30 since i already had 2 snes consoles i

asked if i could buy the games instead and asked them if $5 was ok, they said sure, and went over to pick them up

these are the games
super mario world
yoshi island
donkey kong country[/QUOTE]

Not bad at all. Id of been happy to pay $5 for mario world alone.

Just picked up some Pokemon games.

Black 2
White 2
Platinum
Heart Gold
Soul Silver

All except gold are sealed, although silver is from the box edition without a poke walker. But I was happy for $80.

[quote name='hotpocket']Kind of OT, but I found someone giving away free bees on Craigslist.

Let me know if you guys want any.[/QUOTE]

thats whats up.:applause:

All these games are in mint condition. I got eveything for $270. They were individually priced based straight off of Video Game Price Charts (which in the end helped me out considerably. Thanks to him not checking the completed ebay searches.) Also since I bought most of his games he cut me a deal. Considering the condition and these are a few of the last PS1 RPG's I am looking for I am quite happy. Now to sell the Lunar's and make most of my money back.

Bravo on that one. I keep dreaming of a score like that. I think there is quite a few people watching my area Craig's list. Makes nice finds tough.

Today

wii Super Smash Brawl (disc only)
PS1 Crash Bandicoot (complete)
N64
Mario Party
Super Mario 64
Donkey Kong 64

all for $17

SSBB had initials in permanent marker.. tried the hand sanitizer solution found on utube... it worked!

I had picked up a copy of Zelda Skyward Sword bundle with gold wiimote (sealed) for $25 last weekend.

Auction ended today on eBay for 122.51 + shipping. fuck yeah craigslist!!!!

[quote name='Barney']lol that's hilarious lmfao!!!!

I once met up with a girl to buy parasite eve from her... but 10 minutes before we met i got super high... lets just say it was an awkward moment during the transaction.. i even emailed her later on that day to tell her why i was acting so weird.. or at least i felt like i acted weird...

lol

but don't judge me! that was like 2 years ago, i no longer smoke.. :)[/QUOTE]
Ha me and my brother sold some shoes to a guy on craigslist once and he showed up high. Made the transaction alot more enjoyable to me. Ended up selling the shoes and finding my current dealer.

Picking up an OG Xbox soon with OEM controller, MadCatz controller, cables, and games for $30.

Games are:

Sonic Heroes
Rocky Legends
King Kong
Madden 2005
Robots
Madagascar
Chicken Little
NHL 06
NHL 04
ESPN NHL 2K5

[quote name='trollape74']Ha me and my brother sold some shoes to a guy on craigslist once and he showed up high. Made the transaction alot more enjoyable to me. Ended up selling the shoes and finding my current dealer.[/QUOTE]
hahahaha that's awesome, lol

So, I saw an ad on craigslist where the lady stated she had over 100+ NES games, and she wanted $7 each. I emailed her, told her I would come check them out today. Turns out, her father used to own a video game store in Michigan!!! I was able to haggle with her, and paid $70 for all of these. I was overwhelmed with what she had. I'm not an expert on NES games and prices, so I had to pick out what I knew and thought would be valuable. I need to go back because I know I spotted a Tetris Tengen and a Micro Machines (and a bunch of other unliscenced games) but I didn't know if it was worth anything. She also said she had about 100-200 more back home.

Titles include Megaman 1,2,3,5 contra, death race, lolo 2,3, captain comic, CIB dr mario, TMNT arcade

2juse0.jpg

^^ Wow very nice pick up. I dont really know too many NES values either. Just know that generally mario, zelda, metroid, castlevania, mega man are worth some money. And I know a few random rare ones like panic restaurant.

I have a lead on my biggest CL buy by far today. Seller seems motivated but isnt available until the afternoon. He was available last night but since its so much money / games I wanted to wait for the next day.

Ill update later with details

Got a hold of the husband of the wife I've been talking to about the OG Xbox mentioned earlier and he said that the thing hasn't been played but a handful of times. Once the PS3 came out, they got one and the Xbox sat on a shelf. All the games mentioned above have their manuals, but that's all. Includes everything as mentioned above and the wife said her bottom dollar was $30.00. Thought about haggling, but for that price, it isn't worth it. (By the way, the whole conversation was over e-mail, not the phone or texting.)

I called him and now I'm just waiting to hear back from him.

So heres my haul. I found the ad around 9:20 last night, called and the guy wanted to meet then but I had to get up early for a test today. So we decided to meet today.

For the original stuff we agreed on $285. Original stuff was all GC games, gameboy pokemon games, and n64 games.

Met up today, and he said that he had like a hundred extra gameboy cartridge games. I told him to bring them and Id make an offer if anything interested me. I ended up buying a lot of extra stuff off of him.

Heres a pic of everything at once

Close up of GC games:

Close up of more GC games:

Close up of pokemon games:

close up of n64 games:

Now as for the extra stuff he brought:

and

Paid another $80 for the extra games, came out to around $4 a piece.

So I paid $365 for everything pictured. Very happy with my buy, shattered my old record of CL finds.

Congrats evuong and Artrigis. I am especially jealous of your Mega Man 1 & 5 pick up. I have been looking for those forever!

And here is my recent pick up from Craigslist. Nothing amazing like the guys above but I needed the Zelda's. I paid $80 for everything.

Sadly the official Wavebird's control stick nub is missing.

Game at bottom are day of Reckoning 1 & 2. All that was originally $60. I was quite surprised I was able to score this lot since several people in my area are advertising on CL that they want to buy Gamecube games specifically. What is with this sudden surge in Gamecube popularity?

Then the guy brought up his PS1 collection to see if I was interested in them. I got them all for $20. Discs are in rough shape but play fine. Going to try to quickly dump most of these at a trade shop and cherry pick the rest.

The drawer was the thing I was most interested in. The PS1 is a model 2 unit.

These are the game I will likely keep. Though depending on what I get the rest I may sell Hot Wheel and Digimon to make my money back. *stupid greatest hits*

demos

bread's done
Back