The Official Craigslist Finds Thread Vol. 2

WHOA, so as part of the email where I told them what it was worth, I told them I'd give them $250 tops as a last ditch attempt. They said they liked my honesty and that they just want to sell the thing, so they took it. Still about 5 hours till we're supposed to meet up, so anything could happen, but I'm back in there :)

I'll post pics if it works out.

Wow, that's pretty crazy man, hope they keep their word this time for ya lol. $250 is still a really good deal, since Guy alone I think is usually in the $150 range, even more sometimes. I just sold one a few weeks ago for $160 but I did see a cart only go for like $230 as well, so you never know. Like I said, still a very good deal and looking forward to the pics.

yeah, the variance is a bit crazy on that one. cart only is like $175 to $240 for the last bunch of cart only auctions. I really hate the SNES market right now.

I'll probably stick to playing this batch of games for a year before I start buying again, hopefully things will level out. Now PS1...that's a fun system to collect :)

uh...the address they gave is in a remote area and a bit sketchy neighborhood. I'm out, i don't even risk it a little on CL. nm, sorry for the rollercoaster :lol:

Yeah, I don't blame you. I always make sure to meet up at like a Wal-Mart or something, somewhere public. Can't trust a lot of people out there, that's for sure.

So, I spoke too soon about nothing going wrong through Craigslist and only meeting fine, upstanding citizens. Here's my story:

Was in talks with a guy from Wilkes-Barre, PA for an assortment of games. WB is about a little over an hour away from me, so pretty decent drive, wanna make sure the trip is worth it. At first we were gonna meet half way, but in the end I agreed to come all the way for a cheaper price and he accepted. So, for $150 I received:

- Mega Man 3 & Zelda II: Adventures Of Link (NES) (cart & dust sleeve)

- Zelda Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Ocarina Of Time/Master Quest, Mega Man X Collection, Mega Man X Command Mission, Mario Kart Double Dash, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door & Super Smash Bros. Melee (Gamecube) (all complete except X Collection, missing manual)

- .hack//Outbreak Part 3 (PS2, complete)

Very good deal, I thought, and everything is in great shape. In fact, the guy was even willing to show up a little earlier than planned, since I got there early. Now, here's where shit goes south. After I made this deal, which was on Tuesday or Wednesday, I figured I should keep an eye on more deals on the Scranton craigslist. Figured, might as well make the most of this trip and set up a few deals if possible. Got in touch with a guy selling 2 NES consoles, with a total of 17 games, hookups for both consoles, zapper, power pad, cleaner. He had it split into 2 bundles, 65 each. But I talked him down to everything for $100. Was looking pretty good....

We agree to meet at 9:30, before I was to meet the other guy. I was 20 minutes away, gave him a call, no answer, left a message. Got to the meeting spot, gave him a call, no answer, left a message. So I text the other guy, met him and got the deal done, and then the NES guy gives me a text, "sry available now". I said, ok, no problem, I'll be there. He says, ok I'm in a black mustang. I'm thinking, oh ok, big shot I guess. Wait there a minute, in comes an old rusted out black mustang. Me and my brother look at each other like, oh boy. The guy gets out and let's just say, he's not a good model of hygiene. So right away he says, "Hey I'm really sorry man, I had my 7 kids last night and was up til 3:30!" I'm just like, jesus man are you kidding me right now. So he hands me a box, I skim through there's about 7 games, power pad, system, controllers & hookups. Then he hands me a bag and says yeah here man, here's the rest. So, stupidly, I just take the box and bag, give him the bread and he drives away. I decide to open the bag and go through it. There's no gun, 6 games (so only a total of 13 games), some of the ones I got he didn't even have pictured! So I called him back right away, he says so sorry thought everything was there, I ask if he can come back with the games and gun, so he says I'll call you back. He did end up texting me, but of course said he couldn't find the stuff. At that point, I'm just like, screw it I'm going home. Get home and go through it even further and notice there's only 1 set of hookups lol. Icing on the cake. Also, most of this stuff could definitely use some tlc.

Sorry for the wall of text, just wanted to share my story. I just trust people way too much I guess.

tl;dr When buying off of craigslist, check your shit before you or him leave!

BTW, here's what was in the bundle:
- 2 NES consoles w/ 1 adapter & RF switch
- Power Pad w/ booklet
- 5 Controllers (4 Nintendo, 1 3rd Party)
- NES Cleaner
- Castlevania, Bionic Commando, Duck Tales, Super Mario Bros. 3 (X2), Mickey Mouscapade, Tetris, Hogan's Alley, Top Gun, California Games, Win Lose & Draw, Mario Bros./Duck Hunt, Mario Bros./Duck Hunt, World Class Track Meet

The first deal is pretty good!

The second deal ended up being a bit overpriced, but not completely terrible. You can always fix up the NES systems. It's good you had someone with you though, that dude sounds sketchy.

yeah, i looked up the address yesterday and it was at a gas station, but in the middle of this pretty desolate industrial area. nope.jpg
fwiw, I usually bring a knife to craigslist deals. Not like, flashing it around but accessible :lol:

Yeah, IMO, if you're going to do a deal through craigslist, you should always have either someone with you or some kind of protection. Lots of crazies out there. My brother always insists on coming with me, along with my killer shih tzu.

I figured I should still be able to at least make a couple of bucks on the nes lot, it just pissed me off that quite a bit of stuff was missing and I drove all the way out there for it. But, you live and you learn. Now I know to always check everything.

Jesus, that's a TON of games! Has a decent amount of rare ones, but I don't know if it would justify a 5k price tag IMO. Just skimming through the list, I don't know if I'd go much more than 2500 tops.

[quote name='zlatour']What do you guys think this is worth? He says in the ad 5k is the lowest he will go, but what you guys think I should offer him?

http://capecod.craigslist.org/vgm/3774841934.html[/QUOTE]

These kind of bundle deals are most often a collector trying to up the value of a bunch of common low value garbage by selling in a huge volume lot.

Logic would dictate that for people to go in on 650 nintendo games, you would have to lower the price since the amount of people who would buy ALL of them in one go is far less than the amount of different people who would buy them from you bit by bit in smaller lots.

Basically, it's lazy and greedy.

I dunno, at $5000, those 650 games are $7 each.

Think of it as paying $7 for Little Sampson, but you also have to pay $7 for 100 other copies of super common games that go for much less. The same way for every other high value game in the lot.

Got two Craigslist finds today:

Zelda Collector's Edition CIB
Super Smash Bros. Melee CIB
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4
Call of Duty Finest Hour

$40
I had to purchase all 4, and I felt like a douchebag if I didn't buy something else besides Zelda and SSB.

Zelda Windwaker CIB
Paper Mario CIB
Super Paper Mario CIB
Eternal Darkness CIB
Bioshock Infinite CIB

$105.

Best news? All of the games were in great condition. I've been finding some Gamecube bundles where the discs look like they've been through a sandpaper factory...in the rough part of town...adjacent to a desert.

Well, I got that amazing gamecube craigslist lot. All for $60:

The main reason I wanted it so desperately. This will go great with the HD Tube TV i recently got at a yard sale. Already tested out F-Zero GX in 480p on my HDTV and it looks really great. I see why people go crazy trying to get these.

WP_20130508_003_zps0ba6509b.jpg

Then the games - These are all the crap ones that I'll probably sell to half price books or something.
WP_20130508_002_zps84db64a2.jpg

And these are the ones I might actually play/ are halfway decent. The games in the lot really weren't very good, but there were a ton of them.

WP_20130508_001_zps272ed8b3.jpg

Also there was this little case with the action replay:
WP_20130508_004_zps72c964c2.jpg

And a typical Black GameCube. It came with one shitty 3rd party controller that i'll also take to some place to get a quarter for it or something.

WP_20130508_005_zps46682425.jpg

Included a Game Boy Player. I heard these look phenomenal with the Component cables. Game Boy and GBA games are very sharp and colorful.
WP_20130508_008_zps9a3f20c6.jpg

And this was a surprise - it wasn't even listed in the craigslist post, but when I was looking at the system I noticed this strange port and..
WP_20130508_007_zps12d5fd54.jpg

I have no idea what i'd ever do with a gamecube broadband adapter, but now I have one.

Also included were two very fun GBA games. I have both so i'll probably sell them.
WP_20130508_009_zpsee8b9440.jpg

[quote name='jer7583']Well, I got that amazing gamecube craigslist lot. All for $60:

Then the games - These are all the crap ones that I'll probably sell to half price books or something.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know man, but Star Wars Rogue Leader and Star Wars Bounty Hunter were pretty fun to play in my book. Especially Bounty Hunter; it's very underrated imo. It takes a while to get used to, but it might grow on you if you give it a chance. Capcom vs SNK 2 EO isn't crap, it's pretty fun to play, but you might not be a Fighting Game Fan. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jer7583']Well, I got that amazing gamecube craigslist lot. All for $60:

The main reason I wanted it so desperately. This will go great with the HD Tube TV i recently got at a yard sale. Already tested out F-Zero GX in 480p on my HDTV and it looks really great. I see why people go crazy trying to get these.

WP_20130508_003_zps0ba6509b.jpg

And these are the ones I might actually play/ are halfway decent. The games in the lot really weren't very good, but there were a ton of them.

WP_20130508_001_zps272ed8b3.jpg

Also there was this little case with the action replay:
WP_20130508_004_zps72c964c2.jpg

And a typical Black GameCube. It came with one shitty 3rd party controller that i'll also take to some place to get a quarter for it or something.

WP_20130508_005_zps46682425.jpg

Included a Game Boy Player. I heard these look phenomenal with the Component cables. Game Boy and GBA games are very sharp and colorful.
WP_20130508_008_zps9a3f20c6.jpg

And this was a surprise - it wasn't even listed in the craigslist post, but when I was looking at the system I noticed this strange port and..
WP_20130508_007_zps12d5fd54.jpg

I have no idea what i'd ever do with a gamecube broadband adapter, but now I have one.

Also included were two very fun GBA games. I have both so i'll probably sell them.
WP_20130508_009_zpsee8b9440.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Great find. the cable and player alone was worth it.

[quote name='Olengie']I don't know man, but Star Wars Rogue Leader and Star Wars Bounty Hunter were pretty fun to play in my book. Especially Bounty Hunter; it's very underrated imo. It takes a while to get used to, but it might grow on you if you give it a chance. Capcom vs SNK 2 EO isn't crap, it's pretty fun to play, but you might not be a Fighting Game Fan. :lol:[/QUOTE]

oh sorry those were stacked behind the shit games, i guess its hard to tell. Yeah, i'm keeping those you mentioned.

Really makes me want to finish out a good gamecube library. Been really enjoying F-Zero GX in 480p widescreen the last few days.

Apparently that action replay is what I need to do this trick too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XexCNEpGdpY

And people are paying a lot for them now, $30-$50. What a great lot.

I posted in the stupidity thread initially, because trying to sell my Virtua Cop 2 machine dealt me a load of idiots. But I finally unloaded it and came out (in my eyes) ahead.

The VC2 machine was a bit rough and needed some work, but was overall decent working condition. I wanted it gone primarily it was too big to fit in my house, it wouldn't even fit in any doorway. I tried for over a year to sell it for a steal price of $250. I got offers that blew me off and unbelievable lowballs ($50?!?!).

Finally, two weeks ago I got an email from someone who owns a small game store near Pittsburgh. We email back and forth and I verified that the person was legit. She offered in trade a Street Fighter 2 cabinet, in very good condition, complete with monitor. She also threw in a Red Game Box (2008 editiion, 400-in-one, I believe) and offered transport both ways. She came out and checked the machine I had and I went to her place and checked out her machine and it was a done deal.

That night she had a couple people come out to swap machines and that was that. I still haven't completely wired up the machine, I should be able to get that done this weekend.

Now the funny part about it all is I originally paid only $75 for the VC2 machine, so I definitely made out like a bandit.

The new machine:

The "white" on the side is just the sun shining on it

And what I traded for it:

@sp00ge - Good to hear you got something better for your machine. Dealing with arcade machines always makes me nervous. So much more that can possibly go wrong. That is why I haven't even entertained the thought of picking up a pinball machine. haha

I had a decent pick up from Craigslist on a person who was having a pre-garage sale sale. Got everything for $10. Everything besides Battle Clash, Titanic (kinda looks like a Trace Memory game), and Seven Samurai are going back up for trade/sale on Craigslist sooner or later.

Those SNES games have everything! I may keep the baggies and cardboard trays to make my other games more complete.

Picked up a good condition purple Gamecube, CIB Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Kart for SNES, and TMNT Tournament Fighters for $20.

@sp00ge

I saw that post for the VC2 machine about 3 weeks ago, and forwarded it to my friend who lives in greensburg. can't believe someone offered 50 fucking dollars for it.

that is a great trade, I would loooooove a SF2 cabinet. what store did she work for? Penn Hills Gaming?

[quote name='MasaTFC']@sp00ge

I saw that post for the VC2 machine about 3 weeks ago, and forwarded it to my friend who lives in greensburg. can't believe someone offered 50 fucking dollars for it.

that is a great trade, I would loooooove a SF2 cabinet. what store did she work for? Penn Hills Gaming?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, she's the owner of Penn Hills Game Exchange. Kind of a dumpy place, but soooooo much cool shit there. I never even knew it was there.

[quote name='sp00ge']Yeah, she's the owner of Penn Hills Game Exchange. Kind of a dumpy place, but soooooo much cool shit there. I never even knew it was there.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know either till about 3 weeks ago. took my gf shopping up in monroeville for a dress to wear to her grandmothers funeral, and went to the old navy by mad mex. walking back over to marshalls from ON, I see a sticker on one of the signs for Penn Hills Game Exchange. Went to the site, looks pretty sweet. actually forgot about it till i just saw your post.

have to check it out, and go play your old machine;)

man, I think i'd love to have the Virtua Cop 2 machine, myself. If it works.

[quote name='jer7583']oh sorry those were stacked behind the shit games, i guess its hard to tell. Yeah, i'm keeping those you mentioned.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry, didn't realize that either. :lol:

Not the greatest of deals, but I did snag a PS3 console. For $175 I got the following:

60GB PS3 System
Games:
- B: Arkham City
- Borderlands
- Dark Souls
- Dead Space
- Devil May Cry 4: Collectors Edition
- Dragon Age: Origins
- Fallout: New Vegas
- Fight Night Round 4
- Gran Turismo 5
- Heavenly Sword
- Madden 10
- Prince of Persia: HD Trilogy
- Super Street Fighter IV

PS3 Remote

2 Dualshocks (A little strange)
- One has a Sixaxis bottom that's white, and the top half is a black dualshock.
- The other is a regular black version, that has an 85% custom pink paint job.

^

I would buy that if I hadn't played/own most of those for 360. is it a backwards compatible one?

the pink paint job is what makes it a deal

[quote name='MasaTFC']^

I would buy that if I hadn't played/own most of those for 360. is it a backwards compatible one?

the pink paint job is what makes it a deal[/QUOTE]

Yep - it's BC. I'm really only interested in PoP, Arkham City, and maybe one or two more. The rest aren't too appealing.

The paint job is pretty spot on with the official 'candy pink' controller. The only exception is, for some reason, he did not finish the left side of it. It looks hilarious when I'm using the other controller and the 'DualShock' wording is directly above 'Sixaxis', haha.

The closest Craigslist location is about an hour and a half away but my sister lives in a CL town. Had her pick up Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon for $25 today.

Not a craigslist deal nor a pick up but a pretty sweet gamecube deal slipped through my fingers. Was on facebook and an old classmate of mine had a gamecube bundle for sale.
Purple Gamecube w/all hookups
2 memory cards
4 controllers
8 games
SSBM
Super Mario Sunshine
Luigi's Mansion
Sonic Dx
3 other meh games
LoZ Twilight Princess
He wanted 40 and of course a bunch of people were just commenting with jokes and non-serious offers. The only real offer was for 30 so I messaged him and offered 50. He accepts right away and were messaging arranging a pickup time when I noticed his friend wanted it for the original 40. He stops responding to my messages and deletes that status and the deal is dead :(. I'm more upset by the fact that he didn't even just have the balls to tell me he's selling it to someone else or whatever he ended up doing with it.

Complete super mario 64 and pilotwings 64 for $35.. About average. Hope it stays up until this weekend.

[quote name='aptanor']Need some help.
http://staugustine.craigslist.org/vgm/3803299179.html
I'm a bit pissed, he already sold SSB, Harvest Moon, and Mario Golf. Think the rest of the lot is worth $70? I'm thinking of offering him $60, selling off the consoles will be the biggest problem.[/QUOTE]

I would think that if you pick this up for $60 you could get the money back. Sell the consoles for $20+ each with 1 or 2 random games and then keep everything else for about $10 or so.

Looking for advice on a deal.

Gamecube (Black) with 2 controllers, memory card, mario kart double dash, Fairly Odd Parents Shadow showdown, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Tony Hawks American Wasteland, Barnyard, The Incredibles, Nick Toons Unite

Asking $50 but I was thinking about offering $30+

There is only 1 good game but the system seems to be in good condition

Any advice is appreciated.

[quote name='boosted02gt']Looking for advice on a deal.

Gamecube (Black) with 2 controllers, memory card, mario kart double dash, Fairly Odd Parents Shadow showdown, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Tony Hawks American Wasteland, Barnyard, The Incredibles, Nick Toons Unite

Any advice is appreciated.[/QUOTE]

If he takes $30 I'd take that deal. Mario Kart Double Dash alone would make your money back if you were to sell.

[quote name='boosted02gt']Looking for advice on a deal.

Any advice is appreciated.[/QUOTE]

IF you already have a cube (note they are not in demand right now) I would just offer to buy the one game you want (my guess is $10 would do it)....

[quote name='xenozfan2']I am making a deal with someone tomorrow for a 250 gb 360 for $90 + $75 gamestop gift card. Does that sound like an ok deal?[/QUOTE]

Seems pretty fair. I have my extra 4GB +250GB HDD on CL right now for $150 and I think I have it sold. And no, it's not me you are getting it from, wrong state. ;)

Plus, mine comes with a wired Afterglow controller, not a wireless, hence the lower price.

[quote name='sp00ge']Seems pretty fair. I have my extra 4GB +250GB HDD on CL right now for $150 and I think I have it sold. And no, it's not me you are getting it from, wrong state. ;)

Plus, mine comes with a wired Afterglow controller, not a wireless, hence the lower price.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. After I get it I plan on using my last $50 to get it flashed.

Console piracy, especially current gen console piracy is not allowed on CAG.

[quote name='jer7583']Console piracy, especially current gen console piracy is not allowed on CAG.[/QUOTE]
I don't think he's asking for advice or offering to sell/perform the flash. And flashing is a form of modding, not piracy. What if he plans to back up his games so as to not get any scratches on them and keep them in pristine condition, and not wear out the middle of the disks? That's completely legal.

[quote name='stuntman21']I don't think he's asking for advice or offering to sell/perform the flash. And flashing is a form of modding, not piracy. What if he plans to back up his games so as to not get any scratches on them and keep them in pristine condition, and not wear out the middle of the disks? That's completely legal.[/QUOTE]

This is right:D

I ended up getting the lot for $65. Most everything looks like he took a pocket knife and started whittling on the cartridges, Episode 1 Pod Racer actually has a corner completely missing. Fortunately the only games I actually wanted (Clay Fighter and Banjo Kazooie) had pretty nice looking carts. Banjo was minty but Clay Fighter had a few small nicks but nothing serious. While I was out I managed to snag, from another guy, extremely minty copies of Mario 64 and Ocarina for $10 total.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked this up from a guy on Craigslist for $125. He originally wanted $200, but I talked him down. Some of the things were a little beat up, like the NES and Zelda Carts, but others were in surprisingly good condition. After I sanitized everything, they're not sitting comfortably on my shelf. Here it is:

QV9iGC3.jpg

NES w/ about 10 carts and U-Force w/ controller, Sega Genesis w/ 4 controllers and Alladin, Mortal Kombat 1, and Mortal Kombat 2 with full boxes, Sega Arcade Stick (with beatup box)Sega Saturn w/ controller, Nintendo 64 with Majora's Mask and Super Mario 64 w/ 3 controllers, memory pack, and rumble packs, Sega Dreamcast w/ 2 VGUs and SoulCalibur (loose) w/ 1 controller, Playstation 1 w/ 3 controllers, Playstation 2 Slim w/ controller, Gamecube w/ 2 controllers, and a GameGear with no plastic clip for the batteries

Picked up a silver GameCube (no wires or controllers) Zelda windwaker disc only, bmx xxx disc only and a gameboy player without the disc all for $15, the guy actually had no clue what the gameboy player was, I didn't even know he had it, I just showed up for the cube and 2 games and he gave it to me! Now I just need to find a cheap gameboy player disc

How did I do today? Paid $40 for everything. I was pretty happy.

However if anyone has power cords for a SNES and Sega Genesis please PM me.

[quote name='xenozfan2']I am making a deal with someone tomorrow for a 250 gb 360 for $90 + $75 gamestop gift card. Does that sound like an ok deal?[/QUOTE]

Make sure you're not buying one of the EFA systems, otherwise you'll end up with a brick after a month when the seller stops paying on the contract.

continuing the trend everyone seems to be getting. Consoles. Guy wanted $40 originally. I got him to go down to $25. When I pull up to the meeting spot I see the guy sitting on a BMX bike with the consoles in a bag. Certainly one of the more interesting encounters.

Also shameless self promotion. Check out my sig.

bread's done
Back