The Official Craigslist Finds Thread Vol. 2

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']^ Well it actually has some yellowing to it..... and everything smells like tobacco -___-[/QUOTE]

yellowing is normal for the nes.

[quote name='aptanor']That's okay, I was supposed to meet a woman to pick up a Wii with 8 games, 2 controllers battery packs and charging cradles for $30 yesterday. We arrange to meet at 5 when I get of work. She texts me at 3 and says 'i just sold it'. When I tell her that you don't make arrangements to meet up then sell the item she goes 'sorry niqqa bye!'. So obnoxious.[/QUOTE]haha. i was supposed to meet up with a guy last week for a wii with like 5 games for 50 bucks. we talked on the phone and he said he'd call the next morning to work out a specific time to meet. i wait until the afternoon and call him, he claims that he tried calling me numerous times. i didn't have any notifications but he actually sounded sincere and said he was busy at the moment but would text/call me back later that night.

wait until the next day and send him a text asking if he tried calling again. and he responds with 'sorry sold it' lol i just don't understand people sometimes.

Yeah but the sad part is i'm getting hit with $200 in ebay fees in two weeks, and got other things I need my cash for, as well as the things I bought to flip aren't arriving for a few days *shudder* i'd jump on that like a fat guy on a cupcake if it were listed next week but alas...

Picked up a great looking silver GameCube earlier with all the cords.

Came with GAMEBOY player and 2 startup discs for it, a rocket fish wireless controller, memory card, and some games.

The only notable games were RE 0, 1, 2, & 4. Shame three wasn't in there. Paid $60.

350v6ut.jpg

Picked up the other day. $30 for all games.

I scored earthbound and chrono trigger in the boxes mint with all manuals for $105 3 months ago. He listed them for $30 each.

Today I picked up Sega Genesis (2nd model) with 8 games, NES with 4 games, and an Atari 2600 with 53 games, and a few extras for $100. I only wanted the NES, but the guy wanted to get rid of everything together.

Gonna try to get rid of the sega and Atari and try to break even on it. Don't know much about Atari though, so we shall see.

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']
10emxr7.jpg

for $30
NES with 2 controllers
METAL STORM
Schwarzenegger Predator
Skate or Die
NInja Gaiden
Double Dragon
Excitebike
Top gun[/QUOTE]

This guy sent me a text asking me to buy these. lol

Managed to find a copy of Ruby for $5. 84 Bad Eggs, Celebi, Mew, Jirachi, and Deoxys are all on the cartridge. I thought I might get it to try to trade for other oldies (since I already have a copy), but now I think I'll keep it.

About 6 months ago I was looking for a Wii just for the hell of it. I saw a like mint condition red one posted for $65. I waited a few days and since the ad was still up I offered the guy $40. I wasn't being insulting and I really didn't need one and I am a real CAG. He emailed me back that since he just reposted the Ad for $45 that'd he'd take $40 for it. It was exactly as posted. Mint Red Wii w/all hook ups and one wimote and Nunchuk. Pretty happy with the deal.:D

Landed this lot yesterday:

Nintendo Lot by ChuckT2012, on Flickr

$80 total for everything. Woman had the 64 listed with games for $70, but I saw the NES in the background and had her toss everything else in (The NES, the DS, and the games) for an extra $10. A little more than I would like to pay for a lot this size, but I needed the 64 controllers for my extra consoles. NES works like a charm, too, which was a nice bonus.

[quote name='lude21']WE haave about a dozen we picked up earlier today in a clean out. Open to offers ...sorry no trading....Games are complete but untested.
Secret of Evermore
Contra III
Super street fighter 2
Earth bound
Brain Lord
Act Raiser 2
Super Mario all stars
Mountain bike rally
Legend of zelda link to the past
Mega man x
Aero fighters
All in original boxes with inserts

OMFG!!! She said she got a offer of $800 when I emailed her. Wow, just wow![/QUOTE]

Well if there's a complete Earthbound, that's worth it alone. Not to mention all of the other higher value games particularly when complete. Mountain Bike Rally, if it's the combo one, is worth huge money. But given the list, I'd bet this listing is bullshit. Are there any pics of the lot in the ad?

I scored some a sweet trade today. Pics and story up soon.

Found some NES rares that I had never heard of.

[quote name='Sinnbox']I scored some a sweet trade today. Pics and story up soon.

Found some NES rares that I had never heard of.[/QUOTE]

Here we go, I traded my Wii U that I rarely play on a craigslsit haul today. by far my most expensive craigslist haul, but I feel that it was worth it.... The sad thing is that he said that he had alot more games that he couldnt find that would have gone with it. Sadly there was a Dragon Warrior II Manual included, but no game. That just made me wonder what was missing... lol

It feels like the good old days... lol I havent had this good of a NES craigslist haul in 3 or so years.

NES 101 Top Loader System

NES Games:
Abadox
Adventure Island II
Bad Dudes
Bart vs. Space Mutants
Baseball Stars
Batman
Batman
Batman Returns
Batman: Return of the Joker
Battletoads
Battletoads/Double Dragon
Bill Elliot's Nascar
BlackJack
Blades of Steel
Blaster Master
Bucky o'Hare
Cabal
Captain Skyhawk
Castelian
Castlevania
Castlevania II
Castlevania II
Castlevania III
Championship bowling
Contra
Darkwing Duck
Deadly Towers
Destination: Earth-Star
Donkey Kong Classics
Double Dragon II
Double Dragon II
Duck hunt
Duck Tales
Faxanadu
Ferrari Grand Prix
Final Fantasy
Firehawk
Flying Dragon
Foot Ball
G.I. Joe Real American Hero
G.I. Joe The Atlantis Factor
Galaga
Gauntlet
Gauntlet II
Ghosts 'N Goblins
Godzilla
Golf
Graduis
Guerrilla War
High Speed
Hoops
HydLide
Iron Tank
Jeopardy
King of The Ring
Kings of the Beach
Kirby's Adventure
LOLO
Magic Darts
MagMAx
MegaMan
MegaMan 2
Metroid
Metroid
MIG 29
Monters in my Pocket
Ms. Pac=Man(tengen)
Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden II
Ninja Gaiden II
Ninja Gaiden II
Nobunaga's Ambition
Operation Wolf
Othello
Pac-Mania(tengen)
Pesterminator
Pinball Quest
R.C. Pro AM
Rad Racer
Rad Racer II
Rally Bike
RBI Baseball 3
Renegade
Rescue Rangers
Rescue Rangers
Robo Warrior
Rock N Ball(NES)
Section Z
Skate or Die
Solar Jetman
Spy Hunter
Star Force
Star Tropics
Star Wars
Strider
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros./ Duck hunt
Super Off Road
Super Spike V-Ball
Super Spy Hunter
Tag Team Wrestling
Talespin
Tecmo Bowl
Temco Bowl
Tetris
Tetris 2
The Addams Family
The Black Bass
The Blue Marlin
The Empire Strikes Back
The Legend of Zelda
Thunder & Lightning
Tiles of Fate
Tiny Toon Adventures
Tiny Toon Adventures 2
Twin Cobra
Ultimate Stuntman
Venice Beach Volleyball
Wario's Woods
Wizardry(NES)
Wrath of the Black Manta
X-Men
Dragon Warrior II - Manual Only

SNES Games:
Chrono Trigger
Megaman X
Super Street Fighter II
Killer Instinct
F-Zero
NBA Jam
PGA Europen Tour
NHL '95
Earthworm Jim
Mortal Kombat 3

N64 Game:
Super Mario 64

That is a pretty sweet haul, Wish I could find some awesome stuff on CL. All I ever see is outdated sports games and over priced PS2s and Wiis.

Tomorrow I am going to be getting a decent deal, I think. Fingers crossed it works out. Guys has:

Black GameCube with cords
3 controllers

Zelda Wind Waker (black label)
Luigi's Mansion
Paper Mario TTYD
Mario Sunshine
Zelda Collectors Edition (Generic case)

$100

Being a huge GameCube collector I am all over this.

Ha Ha! Suck it nerds! I ended up getting a PSP 3000, 3 Batteries, 5 psp disc Games
Knights in the Nightmare, Vahalla Knights 1 & 2, Silent Hill Origins, Crisis Core Final Fantasy 7, and Kingdom of Paradise
, 3 Xbox 360 games
Madden 12, Final Night Champion and Round 4
, an HDMI cord, this http://www.amazon.com/Catz-Xbox-360-Analog-Adapter-Headsets/dp/B004TEN2TO, and an Ethernet cable for 10 Dollars!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

(Also I will list the Downloaded titles that were on the PSP)

Wanna know how I did it?

Find out in a few hours! (Because I have to go)

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']Ha Ha! Suck it nerds! I ended up getting a PSP 3000, 3 Batteries, 5 psp disc Games
Knights in the Nightmare, Vahalla Knights 1 & 2, Silent Hill Origins, Crisis Core Final Fantasy 7, and Kingdom of Paradise
, 3 Xbox 360 games
Madden 12, Final Night Champion and Round 4
, an HDMI cord, this http://www.amazon.com/Catz-Xbox-360-Analog-Adapter-Headsets/dp/B004TEN2TO, and an Ethernet cable for 10 Dollars!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

(Also I will list the Downloaded titles that were on the PSP)

Wanna know how I did it?

Find out in a few hours! (Because I have to go)[/QUOTE]

Alright!

So it came with these titles downloaded are FF7, FF9, Modnation Racers, Crash Bandicoot 1 & 2, Spyro, Brunswick Pro Bowling, SOCOM Fireteam Bravo, Pursui Force, Hot Shots Golf 2, Flying Hamster, Let's Golf, Uno, Gran Turismo and Need for Speed Most Wanted.

(All on an 8 gig stick BTW)

So what happened is that I messaged a guy off of CL to see if he would want anything in trade for his PSP, He said no, but would sell me the PSP and a 360 for 90. I agreed and borrowed 50 to pay for it. I got the psp and the games one day and handed him 70 with his promise to return the next day with the charger, 360, and 360 games. He returned, thankfully, and I gave him the other 20.

Fast forward a week, to today, and I get a message from a guy of CL asking about the 360. (I posted it the night before). We talk and agree on 75. He walks to my house, because he lives only a half mile away, and buys it!!!! I pay back the 50, keep 25, and end up only spending 10 on the psp.

HUZZAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Also the guy has $3.11 on his PSN account still)

Last edited by a moderator:
Havent stopped in here in awhile. Have a few good finds Ill summarize.

Gamecube missing AC adapter.
3 black controllers
Mario Parety 4, 5, 6, 7
SMash Bros
Mario Kart w/ Bonus Disc
Timesplitters 2
Backyard Football
Def Jam Fight for NY (lol never knew they made a game like this)
All Games CiB
Got it for $75 delivered to my house.

New super mario bros wii
House of the dead overkill (really fun game! I played beat it before Isold it)
Skyward sword w/ music CD (kept this one, and sold my regular copy)
New Super Mario Bros 2
Kid Icarus
Resident Evil Revelations
Paper mario sticker star
Super Mario 3d land
Mario Kart 7
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Everything very good condition CiB. I kept New Super Mario Bros 2, Kid Icarus, Resident Evil Revelations for myself. Sold everything else. I ended up making $5 profit and kept the 3 games for me. I paid $160

And my favorite find, which I dont remember the exact details of.
3ds with Zelda OOT, mario kart 7, and rayman 3d.
Along with a bunch of pokemon and mario DS games.
I sold all the DS games and kept 3ds / games for myself. I paid $150, but after reselling I ended up paying $18 for it.
Im getting a 3DS XL from those cowboom sales today that I paid $125 for. So going to sell the 3ds, at least $100 but Ill try for a bit more I have a few things I can add in.

Bought an N64 lot.
3 controllers, one was a limited edition green controller that I sold for $30. This is the controller: http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-64-C...r=8-7&keywords=nintendo+64+controller+limited
Red expansion pak
And a bunch of good games.. dont remember most but it had conker, majoras mask (holo label), mario kart, mario 64, and many more.
I paid $80 for this one and I think I got around $290 for it all.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/vgm/3635264408.html

This guy is selling a strange assortment of video games and consoles for $60. Including Snatcher and Lunar for the Sega CD, an N64 console (without stuff). I'm interested, but I guess I don't really want it anyway, even if the CD games are very valuable.[/QUOTE]
I'd jump on that, at least ask if he'll take less for it. Either of those CD games would be well worth it. If you can find some issue with something, the consoles not having cords or something, you can usually get a good discount.

Everything you see in the photos below was bought from one guy for $125 total. Even delivered it to me. Lots of stuff to sell, and even more to keep. Really happy with this lot. Not pictured: a wireless Kramer Guitar Hero Guitar, and a desktop Sirius Satellite Radio. Very odd mix of items.

Decent haul of N64, SNES, and a Sega 32x Games. Also scored a game saver for the SNES. Never had one before.

Neo Geo Pocket and a DS Case.

Nintendo Pin Collection. This will end up on display, methinks.

Sega totes for Game Gear and CDx, plus a Turbo Booster and some DK Bongos.

PS1 Games. A couple are new.

XBox 360 Games. A few of these are new too.

PS2, XBox, Wii, and GameCube Games.

Some plug and play gaming keychains, a DK keychain, and ROM Cart for a Game Boy Advance, and a GameBox Advance with a ton of games installed.

Contacted a guy yesterday about a Dreamcast with 14 games (MvC1 and 2, Power Stone, Sonic Adv, Shemune) for $60. At first I was the only one interested in the package. Before we could meet up, someone must have told him the games are worth more than that. He said he will piece it out, or sell to the highest bidder, currently at $80. I said I'll pay your original $60.

I'm tired of people like this on Craigslist. Everytime.

Ive been too busy lately to scout craigslist much these days, i still need a set of retro oem controllers for nes/snes/genesis/n64/ps1, but usually you have to buy the entire set of console + games + controllers and i just dont have time to resell all the other stuff since i just need the controllers.

[quote name='Pyloric']Contacted a guy yesterday about a Dreamcast with 14 games (MvC1 and 2, Power Stone, Sonic Adv, Shemune) for $60. At first I was the only one interested in the package. Before we could meet up, someone must have told him the games are worth more than that. He said he will piece it out, or sell to the highest bidder, currently at $80. I said I'll pay your original $60.

I'm tired of people like this on Craigslist. Everytime.[/QUOTE]
Thats why with CL you have to be ready to meet up and pay quickly, or as you found out, some sore loser will ruin it for you.

This guy called me at 1AM (real sketchy) saying he needed money ASAP. He had responded to my Craigslist ad earlier, and he said if I could come pick this lot up then, he would sell it to me for $50. So I drove out there at about 2AM, and man, I am so glad I did.

Puppy decided to sneak in the picture
312tto5.jpg

a1liet.jpg

24f0a6x.jpg

6sfj94.jpg

The SNES system might be the most disgusting console i've seen so far, not even sure how it still works.. There were also a few stink bugs in the box that had all the games in it. However, I've tested everything & everything works! Definitely my best pick-up this year.
23 Games include:
Illusion of Gaia
Shadowrun
Knights of the Round
Super Bomberman 2
Final Fantasy 2
The Legend of Zelda: A link to the Past
Axelay
Mr. Do!
Contra 3
Super Empire Strikes Back
Super Mario All-stars
Clayfighter Tournament Edition
Super Punch Out
Rampart
Street Fighter 2 turbo
Gradius 3
Donkey Kong Country
Super Mario Kart
UN Squadron
NCAA Basketball
Clue
Final Fight
Mortal Kombat 2

[quote name='evuong']This guy called me at 1AM (real sketchy) saying he needed money ASAP. He had responded to my Craigslist ad earlier,
[/quote]

What is your ad? "I buy old games?"

That is a sweet buy there.

Really sweet deal , I'm relieved that you made it out alive, considering the real sketchiness of the guy. He must've been hard up for some meth.:cool:

You're going to need ALOT of rubbing alcohol.

[quote name='yantelope']What is your ad? "I buy old games?"

That is a sweet buy there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, pretty much. I usually get a few responses a month, but there's just too many people with the same ad.

@detectiveconan16 haha I know, it took me about 2 hours just cleaning the contacts of the game and making sure they worked.

So I got another hit on my craigslist ad this past week (which usually never happens).. This guy was also "strapped for cash" but 100% less sketchy. Paid $30 for all the NES & SNES stuff. NES doesn't work.. flashing purple screen, i'm guessing the pin adapter problem. It is also missing the flip cover. Decent games, nothing too rare.. most of the NES games are going in my collection

2wh4ao7.jpg

2lnh21.jpg

I haven't got any good gaming deals lately. However, today I bought a pair of Bose 301 series III speakers for $65, a 5.0 set of JBL 145 speakers for $25, and a Zune bundle with one working 80GB black Zune, one white 30GB Zune with a cracked screen, and a Altec Lansing Zune dock without the power cord all for $50 total.

mirrors_edge_feith_rooning_bag_by_LlawlietDN.jpg

Not my pic, but I picked up one of these off CL yesterday for $10. They were a preorder bonus for Mirrors Edge, I think. I bike everywhere, so I have to carry packages to be shipped, need to bring pick-ups home, ect, so I'm a sucker for any cool backpacks or messenger bags. The one from the Infamous 2 CE is annoyingly tiny, too small for me even to strap on, but this thing is enormous.

Just picked up a 3G/wifi vita with 8gb mem card, silicone case, uncharted, and original box for 125. Not a massive steal but I am pumped nonetheless lol. Oh, and a year left on the Walmart replacement plan.

[quote name='aptanor']
mirrors_edge_feith_rooning_bag_by_LlawlietDN.jpg

Not my pic, but I picked up one of these off CL yesterday for $10. They were a preorder bonus for Mirrors Edge, I think. I bike everywhere, so I have to carry packages to be shipped, need to bring pick-ups home, ect, so I'm a sucker for any cool backpacks or messenger bags. The one from the Infamous 2 CE is annoyingly tiny, too small for me even to strap on, but this thing is enormous.[/QUOTE]

Nice pick up. Those suckers go for a pretty penny on ebay. I use mine almost everyday and is still in tip top shape.

A few bundles from the same guy. Sorry no pics.
First one was a working SNES with 2 controllers, original AC adapter, AV cords. FF3, civilization, and about $60 worth of other various games for nes / snes / n64. Paid $60 total

Next one I got:
battletank global assault, army men sarges heros, star wars shadow of empire, hexen, turok 1, 2, 3, doom64, duke nukem zero hour, quake 2, resident evil 2, and gauntlet legends. Paid $35 for all.

I bought both of these going in blind. Second bundle isnt so great, but I was already there and knew I could make money.

Picked up the following lot recently for $150

Highlights include (all CIB):

DKC 1-3
LoZ LttP
Zombies Ate my Neighbors
Mr Do!
Aero the Acrobat 2

Unfortunately the AC adaptor didn't work and the only controller included was a 3rd party controller with the worst wire I've ever seen. To make up for the AC adaptor the seller sent me the following:

Super Mario 64 w/ manual
Donkey Kong 64 w/ manual
Zelda Ocarina of Time w/ manual
Zelda Majoras Mask CIB

Plus strategy guides for both Zeldas and Donkey Kong

Other recent finds:

-CIB NES Action set + 10 boxed games (including SMB2, SMB3, and Contra), a boxed NES Max controller, and a case that holds 15 games all for $50

-N64 system w/ 7 controllers (5 first party) and 16 games (including DK64, both Zeldas, SSB, Pokemon Stadium, and Banjo Kazooie) for $60

-SNES console w/ AV cable and 3 games (including TMNT4) for $10

I picked up a slim Playstation 3 with 3 Dual Shock 3 controllers, 1 Sixaxis controller, remote, and these games:

Madden 13
Madden 12
Madden 11
Fifa 11 (Gets $5 on Amazon trade in!)
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Modern Warfare 3
Uncharted

$180

I was considering upgrading my 80GB fatty already so this helped push me.

First gen Xbox 360 (no HMDI) in working condition with one controller and the wireless adapter for $50. Doesn't appear to have any dead roaches inside :lol:

bread's done
Back