Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The Official Craigslist Finds Thread Vol. 2

• Please log in to reply
650 replies to this topic

#241 kermit036

kermit036

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:38 AM

got another pretty good score off of Craigslist. He originally wanted $200 for everything. I asked him that if no one else took it for $200 if he would sell it to me for $60 after the weekend. He said yeah.

Posted Image

It has the expansion thing. Unfortunately the system is missing the expansion covers. =<

Here are the games.

Good:
Posted Image

Meh:
Posted Image

and wrasslin'

Posted Image

I am concerned as to why there are so many duplicates. Still, a funtastic system and some solid titles that should put me in the +.

#242 jk17866

jk17866

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:27 AM

^ Couple of really good finds. Especially the 2nd one, pretty awesome selection of games. I have a deal set up for Wednesday morning, but it's gonna cost me $300. Going to be picking up a pretty good lot of complete GBA, GBC & N64 games, plus the systems (N64 boxed). I'll be back with pics and specifics after the deal.

#243 robwhois

robwhois

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:59 PM

got another pretty good score off of Craigslist. He originally wanted $200 for everything. I asked him that if no one else took it for $200 if he would sell it to me for $60 after the weekend. He said yeah.

Posted Image

It has the expansion thing. Unfortunately the system is missing the expansion covers. =<

Here are the games.

Good:
Posted Image

Meh:
Posted Image

and wrasslin'

Posted Image

I am concerned as to why there are so many duplicates. Still, a funtastic system and some solid titles that should put me in the +.

Man, me and my friends played the hell out of those wrestling games back in the day(highschool years), especially the wcw/nwo and revenge one. Playing those and then some goldeneye made for a fun time

#244 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:20 AM

Man, me and my friends played the hell out of those wrestling games back in the day(highschool years), especially the wcw/nwo and revenge one. Playing those and then some goldeneye made for a fun time

I just spent 5 hours playing them with a bunch of friends Saturday. Still tons of mindless fun

#245 jk17866

jk17866

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

So I got my N64/Gameboy bundle today for $300 that I mentioned a few days ago. I'm at work now and didn't have time to get pics of everything, but I just have a question about one of the games value, thought maybe someone here could possibly help. I got a Rampage 2: Universal Tour big box edition, complete and mint with the wolf character plush keychain included. I've looked around online a little for more info, and all I could really find was that it is fairly rare. Does anyone know what exactly its worth? Any help is much appreciated.

I tried to add the pics I took, but can't from my phone. But the box is in great shape with no creases or bends or anything, has all of the manuals, cardboard insert, game with the plastic bag on it and the plush, which is in really good condition, only some of the white paint from its teeth is peeling off.

Again, sorry for no pics, and any info is greatly appreciated. I'll continue to do some research myself as well and I'll have pics of the whole package probably tomorrow.

#246 jk17866

jk17866

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

Ok, I was able to re-upload them through my phone. Here's the pics:

http://imageshack.us...23/imageitd.jpg
http://imageshack.us...9/imagecwdp.jpg
http://imageshack.us...6/imageffwx.jpg

#247 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

If I had a garage or had space, I'd so buy this: A X-Men vs. Street Fighter arcade cabinet.

Batsugunner.png

#248 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

Ok, I was able to re-upload them through my phone. Here's the pics:

http://imageshack.us...23/imageitd.jpg
http://imageshack.us...9/imagecwdp.jpg
http://imageshack.us...6/imageffwx.jpg

pretty cool I never even saw one of those before

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#249 robwhois

robwhois

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

If I had a garage or had space, I'd so buy this: A X-Men vs. Street Fighter arcade cabinet.

I am gonna have to agree with that, pretty nice deal

#250 jk17866

jk17866

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

pretty cool I never even saw one of those before

Yeah, me neither. I never even heard of or knew about it until today. The kid was just going through a few games and he's just like, yeah here's Rampage that came with a little guy, he's still in there. I'm just like oh cool, the more complete the better.

I ended up putting a post up over on nintendoage too asking about it, and I got a response that I certainly wasn't expecting... the guy told me I'm one of only 3 known people to have one of the keychains. I nearly shit, I can't believe this thing is that rare. With this and the vectrex find, I don't even care if I find anything for the rest of the year. I just can't believe the great luck I've been having lately.

#251 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:26 AM

Yeah, me neither. I never even heard of or knew about it until today. The kid was just going through a few games and he's just like, yeah here's Rampage that came with a little guy, he's still in there. I'm just like oh cool, the more complete the better.

I ended up putting a post up over on nintendoage too asking about it, and I got a response that I certainly wasn't expecting... the guy told me I'm one of only 3 known people to have one of the keychains. I nearly shit, I can't believe this thing is that rare. With this and the vectrex find, I don't even care if I find anything for the rest of the year. I just can't believe the great luck I've been having lately.

Thats crazy man, congrats on that pickup.

#252 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

Jeez, how fast do people respond on Craigslist? I just called about a Nintendo Wii for $30 8 minutes after it was posted, and they tell me someone is actually at their house at that moment buying it. Third time something similar has happened, I mean how does someone see the Craigslist post, contact the person, and get to the person's house all in less than 10 minutes?

#253 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

Jeez, how fast do people respond on Craigslist? I just called about a Nintendo Wii for $30 8 minutes after it was posted, and they tell me someone is actually at their house at that moment buying it. Third time something similar has happened, I mean how does someone see the Craigslist post, contact the person, and get to the person's house all in less than 10 minutes?

Lol, yeah I hate that. Next door neighbor must have been the one who found the CL ad. Cheap wii's go really fast on CL

#254 edavis0780

edavis0780

Disbarred! STFUJT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:59 AM

Picked this up for $150 today.

Spoiler

Everything's in like new to mint condition (no scratches on the 3DS). Not sure if I should sell it and upgrade to the Animal Crossing 3DS XL or wait and see if the value rises.
Posted Image

"I am a one-man violent video game wrecking crew"

"I love the smell of burning gamers in the morning."

"These flowers were sent to harass me."

"Nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you're a hit man or a video gamer."

-Jack Thompson

Without Jack Thompson, wikiquotes just wouldn't be the same.

#255 postaboy

postaboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:09 AM

Just got "owned" and made a rookie mistake. I deserved it though and luckily it was only $40 dollars.

Craigslist Ad (listing has been deleted by the seller)

GameCube with 10 games and 2 OEM controllers.
Games are mario party, zelda, mega man, mario kart, disney games, etc.

Long story short. Met up this seller at a shopping lot near the 405 freeway. He handed me the items in a bag and I handed him the cash and we then both part ways. I was in a hurry (friend's graduation ceremony) and wanted to leave before the traffic starts and plus this guy showed up 15 mins late so i didn't bother looking at them later that night. Actually he was there 10 mins before i was there, just that he did not text my number instead he was replying back via email the whole time. Got home around 9ish and found out all the games are in super bad condition, nothing but deep scratches after scratches. No freak'n power cable or video output either. I was hoping the controllers were at least functional but did not work and in awful condition. Tested the games out on my Wii and none of them work. Logged into my email immediately and replied back asking for my $$$ money back and got a replied back to "F OFF". When I got that I was like "what a dumba$$ and kinda laughed it out". Oh well. I 'm screwed either way since the seller did not leave his number and his email was the masked craigslist email.

Note: I asked the seller last night the condition of the discs and he said it was great condition and that the system works great so I kinda of believe him since i was meeting him up in a rich ass area (Irvine) and he didn't look suspicious at sight (elder white male in a bimmer).

Edited by postaboy, 24 May 2013 - 06:04 AM.

Lakers for Life!

#256 edavis0780

edavis0780

Disbarred! STFUJT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:07 AM

Just got "owned" and made a rookie mistake. I deserved it though and luckily it was only $40 dollars.

Craigslist Ad (listing has been deleted by the seller)

GameCube with 10 games and 2 OEM controllers.
Games are mario party, zelda, mega man, mario kart, disney games, etc.

Long story short. Met up this seller at a shopping lot near the 405 freeway. He handed me the items in a bag and I handed him the cash and we then both part ways. I was in a hurry (friend's graduation ceremony) and wanted to leave before the traffic starts and plus this guy showed up 15 mins late so i didn't bother looking at them later that night. Actually he was there 10 mins before i was there, just that he did not text my number instead he was replying back via email the whole time. Got home around 9ish and found out all the games are in super bad condition, nothing but deep scratches after scratches. No freak'n power cable or video output either. I was hoping the controllers were at least functional but did not work and in awful condition. Tested the games out on my Wii and none of them work. Logged into my email immediately and replied back asking for my $$$ money back and got a replied back to "F OFF". When I got that I was like "what a dumba$$ and kinda laughed it out". Oh well. I 'm screwed either way since the seller did not leave his number and his email was the masked craigslist email.

Note: I asked the seller last night the condition of the discs and he said it was great condition and that the system works great so I kinda of believe him since i was meeting him up in a rich ass area (Irvine) and he didn't look suspicious at sight (elder white male in a bimmer).

That's odd, I usually peruse the GameCube listings around Irvine and I didn't see that one. Sorry to hear about that. Anyone know if resurfacing machines work on GameCube discs? I usually deal with people once I get a phone number which makes it much easier to track if something does go wrong in the future.
Posted Image

-Jack Thompson

#257 postaboy

postaboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:41 AM

That's odd, I usually peruse the GameCube listings around Irvine and I didn't see that one. Sorry to hear about that. Anyone know if resurfacing machines work on GameCube discs? I usually deal with people once I get a phone number which makes it much easier to track if something does go wrong in the future.

It's cool. No big deal. I know soon or later I was going to run into one. This guy posted the ad in the electronic section. Did you search it in the VG categories? Because when I did that it did not appear on it. At first I thought he sold them, but got a replied back via email from him later that night. I didn't bother asking for his number since the transaction was only $40. Over a $100 then yeah I make sure I get a number or if possible an address.
Lakers for Life!

#258 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

Sometimes resurfacing works, sometimes it doesn't with GC games. I've had some that were pretty bad, and after resurfacing they looked nice, but after a while of playing, they would throw a disc error.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#259 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

Snagged several great psx rpgs, xenogears, FFVII, FFVIII, Lunar complete 4-disc edition, for trade for the psp go I got at Gamestop and a few cheap cart only DS games. Pretty good CL score!

PSX games are complete, BL, and some have guides

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#260 edavis0780

edavis0780

Disbarred! STFUJT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

It's cool. No big deal. I know soon or later I was going to run into one. This guy posted the ad in the electronic section. Did you search it in the VG categories? Because when I did that it did not appear on it. At first I thought he sold them, but got a replied back via email from him later that night. I didn't bother asking for his number since the transaction was only $40. Over a $100 then yeah I make sure I get a number or if possible an address.

I check all for sale posts. I try and get a phone number because you never know what could happen and a phone record could be useful. Either way, hope you're able to get them resurfaced and working!
Posted Image

-Jack Thompson

#261 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:40 AM

Finalizing a deal, and was wondering if anyone has ever used a Google Voice number, as a temp phone number.

Any help / advice is appreciated

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

Designed by Lilchiji

#262 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:48 AM

Finalizing a deal, and was wondering if anyone has ever used a Google Voice number, as a temp phone number.

Any help / advice is appreciated

Frequently with Craigslist deals. They get a throwaway email addy and my google voice #.

#263 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:51 AM

Frequently with Craigslist deals. They get a throwaway email addy and my google voice #.

I used my junk e-mail :D

and I just signed up for a Google voice number, I didn't think it would be so easy.

Just awaiting a confirmation of the time and place for tomorrow pickup :D chose a public spot (Shopping center) and a time frame

Designed by Lilchiji

#264 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:52 AM

Get yourself an Obi100 and you'll be set.

#265 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:14 AM

it WAS going to be:
(complete except where noted)
Medal of Honor Rising Sun
Mario Golf Toadstool Tour
The Legend of Zelda Collectors Edition
The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker (missing manual)

for $5 each

They e-mailed me shortly after I left the house today, and over the course of the day sold the Zelda games, so I was no longer interested.

Designed by Lilchiji

#266 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:01 PM

It's kinda odd that people in my area are selling PS3s like flies. They're slim ones with two games and controllers, and they're willing to just sell them away for less than $180. It's as if they're expecting to get the PS4 or trying to dump their systems before a "price drop." Getting a Sega Saturn was as expensive as these people are wanting, and one guy even wanted to trade a PS3 for it.

Batsugunner.png

#267 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

Had a great buy today. We agreed on about $210 for everything in his ad.

It was suposed to be this stuff + some extra things but he couldnt find them, we settled on $157 for this.
Posted Image

Guy brought out a big box full of games / consoles. A lot of extra stuff he brought, was really surprised to see some really great titles. Yes, that is Lufia up in the corner.
Posted Image

And some gamecube games that were extras that I picked out. All the zeldas are CiB with manual, as well as tales of symphonia
Posted Image

All GC games except for sonic 2 battle are CiB.

I offered an even $300 for everything and he was happy to take it.

Edited by Artrigis, 29 May 2013 - 12:54 AM.

#268 te619

te619

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:45 PM

Picked these up for $25.

Posted Image

#269 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:56 AM

Picked these up for $25.

Posted Image

Nice pickup, if you havent played luigis mansion its a great game.

#270 kermit036

kermit036

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:17 AM

Had a great buy today. We agreed on about $210 for everything in his ad.

It was suposed to be this stuff + some extra things but he couldnt find them, we settled on $157 for this.
Posted Image

Guy brought out a big box full of games / consoles. A lot of extra stuff he brought, was really surprised to see some really great titles. Yes, that is Lufia up in the corner.
Posted Image

And some gamecube games that were extras that I picked out. All the zeldas are CiB with manual, as well as tales of symphonia
Posted Image

All GC games except for sonic 2 battle are CiB.

I offered an even $300 for everything and he was happy to take it.

$300 for everything is great! Nice score.