2013 Thrift Store Thread

• Please log in to reply
1463 replies to this topic

#271 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

Picked up a $2 linksys wrt320n router. Power light just flashes since the firmware is messed up. Gained access through the serial connector with a ttl adapter and flashed dd-wrt firmware on it and it's been working perfect as a bridge.
If its free, its for me!!

#272 wheels

wheels

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

Recently picked up a Black Gamecube :gc: with all cords, black controller, orange controller, 2 controller extensions and a nice system carrying bag, all for $38. The controllers are in great shape and the cube looks like it was barely used. It was a little more than I wanted to pay and it had been sitting in the store for about 2 weeks. I just want the bag and maybe the orange controller, I flipped the system and a controller for $30 already so that makes the other pieces only cost about $11 after fees.

#273 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

1st Goodwill- this is the overpriced one, glasscase was almost completely cleared out.....whered all that overpriced crap go??!! Also parked by the exact same car as me, which was crazy since I dont see too many blue 1979 Mercedes Benz 300D's around.

2nd Goodwill- see New Super Mario Bros U in the case.....$35, pass I didnt even sell my $10 one yet. This biiiiig girl was lookin at the DVD cart and threw like 10 PS2 games in her cart when I walked over, couldnt see what she had. Left a bunch of Singstar games and sports. Walked to the other side cus I saw the Xbox green cases. $3 apiece I got these.

Posted Image

http://mbsy.co/lootcrate/8401525 Loot Crate (Get boxes of tech/gamer/nerd stuff delievered every month)

http://www.ebates.co...TvZAODnfHwJLg== Earn Cash Back on shopping sites

http://sensor2.suite...S=1&RPID=282220 Tango Giftcards for running an app

Earn giftcards for Amazon and other places by clicking the referral links. Help a brother out while youre at it :)

#274 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

^ I always liked that Punisher game.

Today I picked up a fat PS2 with a Network/HDD Adapter for $15. Haven't tested it out yet.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#275 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

Went to GH yesterday, just the same old same old. They had a 50% off Sale on Pink tagged COB Toys, Clothes, and Linens. But it wasn't as great as the last one they had.

Saw some third party controllers. Noticed Super Mario Galaxy for 14.99, but the case was pretty much destroyed. Was going to bite cause it was a Pink Tag and I thought that it was the color of the week. It wasn't. :( Oh well. :lol:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#276 200STM

200STM

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:22 AM

My finds from the other day: Spyro Year of the Dragon $2.84 and Medievil $2.84

http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=29469

#277 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

Posted Image
Red Alert PS1 all discs complete 3.50
Spyro GC no manual 3.50
Lego Starwars Complete 2.99
Twisted Metal Black Complete .99
Gauntlet Dark Legacy Complete .99
For the last two I was able to PM Bestbuy's all PS2 games for .99cents.

#278 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

Posted Image
All from a thrift today for $2 apiece, not too shabby. Obviously the Pilates dvd and cross-stitch kit are for the flipping. Saturn game is sealed with the hanging tab.

Posted Image

#279 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:51 AM

Pic snip
All from a thrift today for $2 apiece, not too shabby. Obviously the Pilates dvd and cross-stitch kit are for the flipping. Saturn game is sealed with the hanging tab.

nice grab on the zelda game, wish my stores ever had anything good >.>

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#280 lude21

lude21

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

Posted Image

Nice! I just grabbed a VG CIB zelda collectors edition the other day at my GW. Paid $4.99 tho :( Just sold it for $53 tho :)

#281 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:15 AM

Xbox for $9 today, no cords. Boots fine, crappy Thomson DVD drive is failing though. Was planning on making a slimbox anyway, so that's no big deal, but it would have been nice to have an extra Samsung/Phillips DVD drive. Oh well.

Also, the fat PS2 w/ HDD adapter I picked up works but it sounds like its drive is starting to go. I'm starting to get a backlog of video game mods/repairs to go along with my game backlog.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#282 chetofvern

chetofvern

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=29472

Found these at a Youth Ranch in Boise ID today for 3 bucks each :lol:

#283 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

Saw a Virtual Boy with controller and stand but missing the foam eye guard and no games, marked for $99.99.

The woman asked if I wanted her to open the case since she saw me looking at it, I snickered a little and told her no.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

#284 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

Saw a Virtual Boy with controller and stand but missing the foam eye guard and no games, marked for $99.99.

The woman asked if I wanted her to open the case since she saw me looking at it, I snickered a little and told her no.

I have my virtual boy on eBay right now. It came with Mario tennis and no eye visor for $25. It was a good enough deal to play with for a few minutes as I had never seen one in the wild before.

#285 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

Bought mine on clearance at Walmart for $20 with Mario Tennis, years ago :D.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

#286 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

Sealed Syphon Filter 2 for PS1- $3

Paid for it then saw a tub full of DVDs and games, girl asked if I wanted to look through them. I said "of course". Lots of mehh stuff in there! I grabbed Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal and Ratchet Deadlocked both w/o manuals for $3 apiece.

http://mbsy.co/lootcrate/8401525 Loot Crate (Get boxes of tech/gamer/nerd stuff delievered every month)

Earn giftcards for Amazon and other places by clicking the referral links. Help a brother out while youre at it :)

#287 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

Bought mine on clearance at Walmart for $20 with Mario Tennis, years ago :D.

Pretty much the same for me, but it was at Kay-Bee Toys. They had a pyramid of about fifty Virtual Boys stacked in front marked at $20 each. They also had a bin full of games that were $5 a piece - mostly Wario World, Teleroboxer, and Red Alarm.

#288 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

They also had a bin full of games that were $5 a piece - mostly Wario World, Teleroboxer, and Red Alarm.

Yep, got those too. Never thought it would be worth anything.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

#289 Sivarticus

Sivarticus

Kentucky Fried Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

http://cdnroot.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=8545&pictureid=29472

Found these at a Youth Ranch in Boise ID today for 3 bucks each :lol:

Very very jealous. PM me if you ever want to sell them :)

#290 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

Had a good couple of days:

Yesterday:

Star Fox 64: 4.99
Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town (GBA): 4.99
Evil Dead Hail to the King (DC): 2.99 (I know it isn't good, but I'm going for a complete Dreamcast set and I needed it)

Today:

Left for Dead 2 (360): 1.99

I already have the game, but at that price I wasn't going to pass. This is one of those weird games that Gamestop sells for way more than the real value. They sell it for 44.99 but on ebay they only go for about 20.00. Knowing this I decided to go to Gamestop and see what I could get and if there was anything I wanted. Figured it would trade in for more than I could sell it for online. I was right, I got a little over 28.00 for it! I picked up:

Ghost Trick Phantom Detective (USED)
Solatorobo Red the Hunter (New, but Gamestop new. Completely open but it did have the outer box and soundtrack and the soundtrack was sealed. Outer box is a bit beat up but the rest is pretty mint)

They cost me another 2.00 or so, so for about 4.00 I picked up both of these. Very happy with that.
www.vg-force.com

#291 wheels

wheels

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

Found these today for $2 each
Posted Image

Also got:
a beat up fat PS2 for $5
Twisted metal 2 PS1 disc only $2
Green original xbox controller $4

#292 deftrance

deftrance

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

Alright folks... off to my first thrift store search!

#293 Optic_ghost

Optic_ghost

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

Alright folks... off to my first thrift store search!

Good luck man!

#294 Wazzup4567

Wazzup4567

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

I went to 2 Goodwills over the past month and got nothing. How do you guys find these amazing things...

#295 yantelope

yantelope

F.A.C.S Alumnus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

The Goodwills here have literally 0 videogame stuff.

#296 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

I went to 2 Goodwills over the past month and got nothing. How do you guys find these amazing things...

it depends on your goodwill stores. Some of them put everything that they think is 'good' on their online auction site. Some of them just don't get anything good donated. You really have to go pretty often (and at different times of day) to get a good idea what to expect.

#297 deftrance

deftrance

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

Not too much luck on my first trip... Checked three goodwills and three other thrift stores. Came away with DDR SuperNova 2 complete with case and instructions for PS2... Disk is in good condition, too. 2 dollars at Goodwill.

#298 Jnova80

Jnova80

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

I don't want to seem like I'm spamming this thread, but I try to do a pickup video every week, most of my videos are about Goodwill finds. This is my latest one. If you like it feel free to subscribe. I keep up with Goodwill stores in my area almost every day (it's starting to become an addiction, haha) so as long as I keep finding stuff I'll keep making videos. Enjoy!

#299 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

it depends on your goodwill stores. Some of them put everything that they think is 'good' on their online auction site. Some of them just don't get anything good donated. You really have to go pretty often (and at different times of day) to get a good idea what to expect.

This, go to shopgoodwill.com and try to find something from your local GW. Thank God none of mine are on there!

#300 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

I don't want to seem like I'm spamming this thread, but I try to do a pickup video every week, most of my videos are about Goodwill finds. This is my latest one. If you like it feel free to subscribe. I keep up with Goodwill stores in my area almost every day (it's starting to become an addiction, haha) so as long as I keep finding stuff I'll keep making videos. Enjoy!

nice video. Good job getting the mario 3 on 3 with that gba.