2013 Thrift Store Thread

[quote name='blindinglights']I'm jealous. Especially of the Saturns, still waiting to find one myself at a Thrift Store or Yard Sale.

Do you do any console modding? You could have a lot of fun with that lot. S-Video Genesis, Slim Xbox, could be a lot of fun :bouncy:.[/QUOTE]
Ive never really modded to much of the older systems. Ive done the av mod to my 2nd gen genesis. I have a modded ps2,xbox og,ps3, and 360.I have done countless jtags for the 360, I also made these connectivity kits for the 360 and use to sell them. I have done quite a few case mods on the 360's. But now that i have all these consoles and i have already made my money back from the 2 360's i have sold. Im going to mess around with doing some mods on some of them. Most of them i will end up selling though cause i need more money to support my gaming habits.

[quote name='jeffthebeast']So i ended up meeting up with that guy i was talking about in a earlier post and got a crap load of console. I got him down to $150 because of not knowing their working condition. There were also two xbox 360s, but i have done sold them.

Best part is that almost everything works except for 3 gameboys, 1 gba, 1 ps1, 1 ps2 slim and 1 n64.[/QUOTE]

I want a NES so badly... :cry: They are just non existent where I live.

[quote name='jeffthebeast']Ive never really modded to much of the older systems. Ive done the av mod to my 2nd gen genesis. I have a modded ps2,xbox og,ps3, and 360.I have done countless jtags for the 360, I also made these connectivity kits for the 360 and use to sell them. I have done quite a few case mods on the 360's. But now that i have all these consoles and i have already made my money back from the 2 360's i have sold. Im going to mess around with doing some mods on some of them. Most of them i will end up selling though cause i need more money to support my gaming habits.[/QUOTE]

If you're trying to make money, I'd look into just painting some of the old systems. I would guess a green SNES with a gold triforce would make some people go pretty nuts.

[quote name='yourlefthand']If you're trying to make money, I'd look into just painting some of the old systems. I would guess a green SNES with a gold triforce would make some people go pretty nuts.[/QUOTE]
Thats a great idea. You think the krylon spray paints would work good on the nes?

[quote name='jeffthebeast']Thats a great idea. You think the krylon spray paints would work good on the nes?[/QUOTE]

The vinyl dyes can produce great results that don't chip or flake since it gets into the plastic.

[quote name='blindinglights']The vinyl dyes can produce great results that don't chip or flake since it gets into the plastic.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is what i meant. It's certainly not a new idea, but with a whole bunch of grey consoles it might be worth looking at.

I spray painted an ugly ass yellowed SNES black and left the switches purple and I sold it for $60 with cables, a controller, and Super Mario World a couple years back. Youll probably get some "does it work" emails cus I guess spray painting the 2 plastic shell pieces might mean the system is broke??

[quote name='juangrande386']I spray painted an ugly ass yellowed SNES black and left the switches purple and I sold it for $60 with cables, a controller, and Super Mario World a couple years back. Youll probably get some "does it work" emails cus I guess spray painting the 2 plastic shell pieces might mean the system is broke??[/QUOTE]

Why bother spray painting it? It'll sell just as well either way.

[quote name='spmahn']Why bother spray painting it? It'll sell just as well either way.[/QUOTE]

Think about what's more likely to attract attention though. Another NES in a sea of yellow and gray? Or a NES painted to look epic so that really stands out?

[quote name='SilverPrince']Think about what's more likely to attract attention though. Another NES in a sea of yellow and gray? Or a NES painted to look epic so that really stands out?[/QUOTE]

Maybe, I dunno, I've never had any trouble unloading NES and SNES consoles, painting them just seems like extra work and extra expense that's not necessarily going to bring more money.

[quote name='SilverPrince']Think about what's more likely to attract attention though. Another NES in a sea of yellow and gray? Or a NES painted to look epic so that really stands out?[/QUOTE]

But are we talking custom-painting or painting to match the factory color? Because the latter, if it isn't disclosed, is pretty shady. Unless it is prepped and painted properly, the spray paint is going to eventually flake off.

[quote name='sp00ge']But are we talking custom-painting or painting to match the factory color? Because the latter, if it isn't disclosed, is pretty shady. Unless it is prepped and painted properly, the spray paint is going to eventually flake off.[/QUOTE]

The former. Painting it back its factory color really would be pointless. Retr0brite is quicker, longer lasting, and more cost-efficient.

[quote name='sp00ge']The case is clear and the insert is the double-sided white hair version, and the disc itself is region free. It looks way too good to be pirated, but maybe an import or something.[/QUOTE]
Handy tip when dealing with anime DVDs - if it says it's "Region ALL," then it's a bootleg. Japan isn't all too keen about making their stuff available to anyone outside their region. Not to mention, no legit company in the US would EVER release an anime DVD that's available to all regions. It also fails to show any sign of *who* exactly released that DVD, which should be MANGA, who are the distributors of the first GitS movie.

Hopefully that helps. :)

Picked these out of a pile of GCN games for $3 apiece
IMAG0182.jpg

Not a thriftstore find but this is my favorite thread so Ill post here.

Someone put a perfectly fine Turtle Beach Ear Force PX21 headset in the garbage! Apparently these were in the Lost and Found since October and noone wanted them cus they just thought they were just gross ear phones that someone left. Plugged em in and chatted to myself then I listened to TSKJOHN's video.

[quote name='juangrande386']Not a thriftstore find but this is my favorite thread so Ill post here.

Someone put a perfectly fine Turtle Beach Ear Force PX21 headset in the garbage! Apparently these were in the Lost and Found since October and noone wanted them cus they just thought they were just gross ear phones that someone left. Plugged em in and chatted to myself then I listened to TSKJOHN's video.[/QUOTE]

May I interest you to my thread?! That would be a great thing to share about on this thread! http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336326

This week's finds:
SNES with all cords and 1 controller $15
Yoshi's Story N64 $4
Gamecube controller $4
Populous for Genesis $.50
Lord of the rings Monopoly only missing the ring piece $4
Star Wars Trivial Pursuit 1997 edition complete $4

[quote name='wheels']This week's finds:
SNES with all cords and 1 controller $15
Yoshi's Story N64 $4
Gamecube controller $4
Populous for Genesis $.50
Lord of the rings Monopoly only missing the ring piece $4
Star Wars Trivial Pursuit 1997 edition complete $4[/QUOTE]
i used to love Populous (SNES though)
nice finds

I was back home in the Chicago area this week, but only had a chance to stop at one thrift store, the GW in St. John, and what an absolute waste of time. By far the WORST Goodwill I've ever been to.

Several copies of Start the Party, Sports Champions, DJ Hero (game only) for $20/ea. Electronics was a jumbled mess of overpriced garbage, as were the toys. 95% of the Target stuff was at regular Target price. And everything target had the price written on it in permanent marker. No thanks.

Nice haul yesterday. $22 for everything, and Modern Family is sealed.
IMAG0186.jpg

Pics of the games. All of them have the manuals in a baggie.
IMAG0187.jpg

No games, but I found a pandigital photo scanner for $25 and a pack of brita maxtra water filters for $10 this afternoon. The scanner works and goes for $80 used on Amazon, while the filters will fit my mavea pitcher and would have cost me $30.

stopped by a local salvation army that i have never stepped foot in and found a ton of crap but only got the two things pictured.

i paid 15 for the resident evil 4 controller and 2 buck for FFX. I don't know if all salvation armys are the same, but this particular one i was at has a group of church people that run it after 5pm on friday. All the money from everything that sales from 5pm till closing goes to the church. The guy told to always come on friday around this time because they put everything on sale and they sell the games as dvds which are only 2 bucks. Looks like ill be going back there a lot more often on fridays.

I Senor Thrift all the thrift stores. Thanks to them, I got all name brand electronics. I found this stuff recently

Zoujirushi Rice Cooker
Sunbeam Bread Maker
Kitchenaid Blenders "have six of them"
Convection Ovens "have a dual set for double cooking power"

Cost me less then 80 bucks.

This weeks finds from GW:

All of these NES & SNES games were taped together for $20.. best one is Mega Man X!! They also had a a SNES console with 2 controllers & the game Magic Sword for $30, but it looked like it was in terrible condition.
dwe0zb.jpg

Got these at a local thrift store for $3 each
2hp86r8.jpg

Got these at another local thrift.. Prices range from $0.25 to $1, Blu-ray was $3
256cysk.jpg

pretty damn good week, id say

[quote name='Peep']It's amazing how personal some people take resellers. Get over it. It's very pathetic and petty to care and disparage people who do it. Sorry I want to make extra money that in no way affects you.[/QUOTE]

I am for selling and making money, but you are a colossal idiot if you don't think it affects me. If you buy a complete copy of OoT for 20$ and sell it, that means I can't come in the next day and buy it and put it on my shelf forever. Let's even get more obvious, you resell it, now I can't.

7aZTdyf

60" (measured diagonally) rear projection TV, one of the best parts is I can play Duck Hunt again. That is my 360 at the lower right and NES advantage (also a thrift store find for 5$). The price is probably the best part, it was half off saturday. Guess how much? 15$ plus tax.

Another great day. Suikoden 3 and 4, Tales of Legendia, Final Fantasy 7 Black Label, Vintage Transformers toy case with a bunch of accessories and cassettes, and the best, a Canon P Rangefinder with an LTM lens 50mm 1.2. Gonna make so much with this find.

[quote name='Desousa93']I am for selling and making money, but you are a colossal idiot if you don't think it affects me. If you buy a complete copy of OoT for 20$ and sell it, that means I can't come in the next day and buy it and put it on my shelf forever. Let's even get more obvious, you resell it, now I can't.[/QUOTE]

ya snooze you lose. can't help the lazy people out.

2h5uwm0.jpg

60" (measured diagonally) rear projection TV, one of the best parts is I can play Duck Hunt again. That is my 360 at the lower right and NES advantage (also a thrift store find for 5$). The price is probably the best part, it was half off saturday. Guess how much? 15$ plus tax.

[quote name='Peep']ya snooze you lose. can't help the lazy people out.[/QUOTE]

I never said you had to, I just stated your argument was invalid.

[quote name='Peep']Another great day. Suikoden 3 and 4, Tales of Legendia, Final Fantasy 7 Black Label, Vintage Transformers toy case with a bunch of accessories and cassettes, and the best, a Canon P Rangefinder with an LTM lens 50mm 1.2. Gonna make so much with this find.[/QUOTE]

damn, where did you find those rpg's at? How much did they go for?

[quote name='Desousa93']I am for selling and making money, but you are a colossal idiot if you don't think it affects me. If you buy a complete copy of OoT for 20$ and sell it, that means I can't come in the next day and buy it and put it on my shelf forever. Let's even get more obvious, you resell it, now I can't.[/QUOTE]

Ok, you're upset because someone else's greed kept you from being greedy. Nice try.

[quote name='jeffthebeast']stopped by a local salvation army that i have never stepped foot in and found a ton of crap but only got the two things pictured.

i paid 15 for the resident evil 4 controller and 2 buck for FFX. I don't know if all salvation armys are the same, but this particular one i was at has a group of church people that run it after 5pm on friday. All the money from everything that sales from 5pm till closing goes to the church. The guy told to always come on friday around this time because they put everything on sale and they sell the games as dvds which are only 2 bucks. Looks like ill be going back there a lot more often on fridays.[/QUOTE]

Damn I'm jealous.

greed? haha you guys are such whiny turds. the leaps in logic that you all make as well are fucking insane. it doesn't affect any of you, no matter how much you fucking rub that sand in vagina to get into such a state where you think it does. none of you were going to get what I got, otherwise you would've gotten it before me. none of you buy my stuff either. gtfo with your baby mewling stupidity. it's fucking pathetic

[quote name='elessar123']Ok, you're upset because someone else's greed kept you from being greedy. Nice try.[/QUOTE]

No I'm not upset. I also don't sell things because I don't like having crap sit in my house.
I just wanted to call him an idiot for his logical fallacy. Also you are calling selling/making money Greed? So I go to work, because I'm greedy? Mom n Pop stores open because they want a successful business/want to make money/want to support their kids, A.K.A. (to you) as being greedy.

[quote name='Desousa93']No I'm not upset. I also don't sell things because I don't like having crap sit in my house.
I just wanted to call him an idiot for his logical fallacy. Also you are calling selling/making money Greed? So I go to work, because I'm greedy? Mom n Pop stores open because they want a successful business/want to make money/want to support their kids, A.K.A. (to you) as being greedy.[/QUOTE]

man you really are a dense twat. it doesn't affect you. fucking idiot

[quote name='Peep']man you really are a dense twat. it doesn't affect you. fucking idiot[/QUOTE]

I basically just defended reselling but whatever, I'l just be here enjoying my TV.

Another slow weekend, only picked up :ps2: Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning for $4. At first I was mistaking it for the more valuable Dawn of the Dragon, but the game was a great condition, complete black label copy, so I figure for collector's sake it was still worth it to keep.

Plus it features the voice talents of Elijah Wood, David Spade and Gary Oldman, never knew that before. Goes to show that you do learn something new everyday, whether or not it's useful is another story.

Went to GW today. Picked up a Black 360 Controller for 9.99. Saw another White 360 Controller but I was satisfied with the one I got. Tested it, works great.

Found a Genesis with 2 Controllers for 19.99. Didn't have the wires. Saw a bare Xbox priced at 39.99.
Went to a non GW Thrift Store, they had an Xbox priced at $50 with 2 Controllers.

picked these games up today at a thrift store..

some werr .99 cents to $2.98
in Total i paid $15 dollars for all 7
(They are all complete and all the GC games are scratch free)

dscn0875g.jpg

Pikmin? I'd be so estatic to find Phantasy Star 1&2 it's not even funny, awesome pickup.

I got a Crash Bandicoot collector's edition for the PS1 today (no outer sleeve, and no case for Crash Team Racing, CTR was stuffed in the Crash Bash case) and LotR War of the Ring PC for $5 total.

lol
The only games that i knew about were Prince of Persia, Star wars, & Resident Evil 4. I picked up the other because of the cheap price.

:D

bread's done
Back