Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Wii U eShop Deals - 10/16: $6 SteamWorld Dig, $6 Squids Odyssey, $5 TNT Racers, $10 Trine 2 DC, and $2.49 Gravity Badgers!

Wii U eShop Nintendo

• Please log in to reply
2100 replies to this topic

#481 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

That is weird and a bit disheartening.  How does Wii compatibility mode even work?  Can you play Wii games on the gamepad?  (Assuming not.)  But you can play Wii VC on it?  And you can't go into Wii compatibility mode without the aid of a turned-on TV.  Nintendo does such weird stuff.  Reminds me of how the 3DS has to go into a compatibility mode (and shut off many of its features) to play DS games--and can't even go into sleep mode when playing GBA!

Only wii U titles and wii u eshop games work on the gamepad.  There is a wii emulator app on the start page of the wii u menu which gets you into the wii mode compatability and you can do all your wii related things there (including playing/redeeming/buying wii vc games).

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Azure Striker Gunvolt, :360: N/A, :ps3: N/A, :ps4: Diablo 3, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors

#482 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:32 PM

Here are the deals for this week:

The Legend of Zelda - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 11/21

Zelda II: The Adventures of Link - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 11/21

Also out on the Wii U eShop is Hot Wheels World's Best Driver for $49.99 and Uncharted Waters: New Horizons on SNES Virtual Console for $7.99.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#483 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:37 PM

The Legend of Zelda - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 11/21

Zelda II: The Adventures of Link - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 11/21

Also out on the Wii U eShop is Hot Wheels World's Best Driver for $49.99 and Uncharted Waters: New Horizons on SNES Virtual Console for $7.99.

Have SNES games always been $7.99?  Or is it up $1 from the Wii VC days?  Guess that would make sense, since you have to pay $1 to upgrade to the Wii U VC version of Wii VC stuff.

I'd love to get Uncharted Waters (although I'd prefer it on 3DS, but that's life) but wow, when I'm thinking in dollars instead of NintendoBucks, $7.99 seems a bit steep.

#484 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:45 PM

They've always been $8 for SNES ($5 NES, $8 NES, $12 N64). It's technically cheaper now by a magic penny.

#485 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:54 PM

They've always been $8 for SNES ($5 NES, $8 NES, $12 N64). It's technically cheaper now by a magic penny.

I'm glad it's stayed stable!  They really tricked me with the Wii Points stuff back when.  Didn't know what I was paying.  (And always had an extra 100-200 points, as I recall.  Glad it'll transfer to my Wii U and I can finally spend it.)

#486 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

Okay, so my Wii points transferred to my Wii U, but I can only spend them in the Wii store.  :P  That's fine, as there are still sadly a ton of NES/SNES/Genesis games I want, but it only lets you buy points in increments, and I always have some left over.

Didn't I read somewhere they were going to change/fix this?  Amazing the outdated Wii shop has stayed the same for such a long time.  Still have to fiddle with my old SD card, too, because there is still a limit on the amount of memory dedicated to Wii storage.  Oh well.  Sure is neat playing it all on the game pad.

#487 mpaullin

mpaullin

Bow before my platinum trophy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:46 PM

Wii U eShop Temporary Discount

Mega Man (Capcom, $3.49 until 28th November, normally $4.99)

Mega Man 2 (Capcom, $3.49 until 28th November, normally $4.99)

Mega Man 3 (Capcom, $3.49 until 28th November, normally $4.99)

Mega Man 4 (Capcom, $3.49 until 28th November, normally $4.99)

I'm tempted to get them all since I have a $5 credit from the digital deluxe promo, but I already own the PS2 version of Mega Man collection. Decisions decisions...

MPaullin.png

#488 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

That is weird and a bit disheartening. How does Wii compatibility mode even work? Can you play Wii games on the gamepad? (Assuming not.) But you can play Wii VC on it? And you can't go into Wii compatibility mode without the aid of a turned-on TV. Nintendo does such weird stuff. Reminds me of how the 3DS has to go into a compatibility mode (and shut off many of its features) to play DS games--and can't even go into sleep mode when playing GBA!

You can control and play Wii games entirely on the pad (with Wiimote and appropriate attachments) it's just that weird quirk that without the active TV connection before it's loaded up that it dumps you back to the WiiU menu. That and you have to use the Wiimote with the sensor bar attached to the console to select if you want it on the game pad as well even though the game pad functions as a sensor bar too if the game's displayed on it.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#489 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

Edge - $1.99 - 50% Off

Kung Fu Rabbit - $1.99 - 60% Off - Ends 12/5

Mega Man - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 11/28

Mega Man 2 - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 11/28

Mega Man 3 - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 11/28

Mega Man 4 - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 11/28

Puddle - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 12/5

Out this week are Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon because I Don't Know!, Barbie Dreamhouse Party, Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games, and Zumba Fitness World Party for retail titles. Brawl Brothers for the SNES is out for the Virtual Console. eShop-only games include Edge, Coaster Crazy Deluxe, and The Mysterious Cities of Gold: Secret Paths.

More on Edge:

Features

• Retro styled platformer
  • Classic 8-bit inspired soundtrack
  • Includes EDGE Extended DLC
  • Off-TV play
  • 1080p at 60 frames per second gameplay
  • Only $ 1.99 / € 1.99!

#490 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

You can control and play Wii games entirely on the pad (with Wiimote and appropriate attachments) it's just that weird quirk that without the active TV connection before it's loaded up that it dumps you back to the WiiU menu. That and you have to use the Wiimote with the sensor bar attached to the console to select if you want it on the game pad as well even though the game pad functions as a sensor bar too if the game's displayed on it.

I figured out that if it's set to component mode (with a component cable plugged in or without, assumedly), you can boot right into Wii compatibility mode on the gamepad by holding B as you turn it on, and it won't give the annoying "turn on your TV" or whatever message.  But in HDMI mode, you really do need to have the TV on, even if you're holding B to boot into Wii mode.  Weird!  So I went and got my old Wii component cable and am using that.  I only have two HDMI slots on my poor old TV anyway, and I don't see much difference in visual quality.

Edge - $1.99 - 50% Off

Kung Fu Rabbit - $1.99 - 60% Off - Ends 12/5

Mega Man - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 11/28

Mega Man 2 - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 11/28

Mega Man 3 - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 11/28

Mega Man 4 - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 11/28

Puddle - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 12/5

Out this week are Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon because I Don't Know!, Barbie Dreamhouse Party, Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games, and Zumba Fitness World Party for retail titles. Brawl Brothers for the SNES is out for the Virtual Console. eShop-only games include Edge, Coaster Crazy Deluxe, and The Mysterious Cities of Gold: Secret Paths.

More on Edge:

I'm slightly annoyed it's the same Mega Man games on 3DS and Wii U, yet if you want them on both, you have to buy them on both.  Seems like they're shooting themselves in the foot a bit.

#491 mpaullin

mpaullin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

Nice work as always Frisky, but let's not forget that Super Mario World 3D is also apart of this week's update. I just picked up an Xbox One, but I already know hooking it up won't come until after I play some Mario.

MPaullin.png

#492 plowboy3982

plowboy3982

Mr. Unapproachable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

Thanks OP for the sale info. I want to get one of the Mega Man games on sale but can't decide which one. I had MM2 on NES back in the day and liked it, but not sure if i should get 1,3, or 4? Any thoughts?

#493 AdamTen

AdamTen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

Annoyed that I just bought Puddle like last week.

#494 mpaullin

mpaullin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:45 PM

Thanks OP for the sale info. I want to get one of the Mega Man games on sale but can't decide which one. I had MM2 on NES back in the day and liked it, but not sure if i should get 1,3, or 4? Any thoughts?

I never played the NES games as a kid, but played all of the titles in a row awhile back when they released the collection on PS2. So without any nostalgia involved, I didn't really think any of the first 4 stood out as being much better than the other. Meaning they are all pretty equally fun. I've heard many people say that 2 is hands down the best, but like I said, seemed pretty similar to the others.

MPaullin.png

#495 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

Nice work as always Frisky, but let's not forget that Super Mario World 3D is also apart of this week's update. I just picked up an Xbox One, but I already know hooking it up won't come until after I play some Mario.

I just basically wrote down the news post that Nintendo puts up in the eShop with what came out that week, which ignored Super Mario 3D World and will probably include it next week.

#496 miyamotorola

miyamotorola

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

DX ugh.. enough with the old school and indie sales. I want the actual console games to go on sale. :(

#497 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:48 PM

If your Wii U breaks and you send it to Nintendo and they can't fix it,they will transfer them for you.

I know this is about a year late, but I wanted to warn everyone anyways since it's on the first page:  Be very wary of this.  I can't speak of broken systems, but despite all their claims to the contrary, they will refuse to transfer anything from a lost/stolen system (even if you have the police report to back it up AND everything linked to Club Nintendo).  I know I've told this story so many times before but my friend's 3DS was in his car when it was stolen, and after following every instruction to the letter from Nintendo (including humiliating himself making certain the 3DS was well documented in the police report when the focus should've been his car), Nintendo ultimately said "lol sorry there's nothing we can do".  After many calls/complaints, FINALLY they gave him a $20 points code for the new 3DS he bought (ultimately worth a little less than 10% of his eshop library).  Plenty of other stories like this all over the internet, I think the most famous one is from a guy named "Jeremy" on Kotaku, who got the exact same response from Nintendo until AFTER his story was published on the website.

Long story short, don't count on Nintendo restoring a damn thing if you are burgled or lose anything, not unless you have some pull on IGN, GiantBomb, Kotaku, or another major gaming site.  They seem to be completely incompetent beyond a simple system transfer.

http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#498 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

I wonder what new deals will start tomorrow.

#499 mpaullin

mpaullin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:30 PM

I wonder what new deals will start tomorrow.

I read somewhere that they will be "Mario" themed sales tomorrow. Next week will be Donkey Kong themed (imminent release of the DKC games on WiiU VC? I hope so..)

MPaullin.png

#500 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:35 PM

I grew up with NES so I played them all when they were new. I remember liking MM2 the best for some reason.

#501 aFrostyONE

aFrostyONE

the CAG formerly known as rbarba4

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

You'll probably hate 1, trying to go to it after having played 2.

Been a while since I played any of the first 6 MM games, so can't give you specific examples.  But do remember that 2 was a huge improvement over 1.  3 was mostly like 2, with some refinements.  And, IIRC, 4 is when they introduced Rush.

Regardless,  I'll probably still grab all four just to have instant access to them.

I grew up with NES so I played them all when they were new. I remember liking MM2 the best for some reason.

Yeah, 2 more or less became the blueprint for the rest of the games.  Kinda like how SMB3 was the key changepoint for the 2d Mario games.

Destiny CAG clan = CAG Raiders of Lost Loot [4CAG] ; Here for CAGs that can't join the CAGcast clan

Current Playlist:

:wiiu:  +++++  Mario Kart 8-cooling my engine/AKA offline mode              :3ds:  +++++  Smash Bros. - It's-a-me... Mario-SMASH!  Woohoo!

:360:  +++++  Rocksmith 2014 wait... which end is up   

:ps3:  +++++  Destiny - oh Destiny, oh Destiny, you give me stuff I doh-on't need.  Why do you haaate me soh--oh much, please gih-ive me-ee better stuff

#502 Krate

Krate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:42 PM

Why is Mega Man 1 so Fuck hard? I was going to download at least the first three games, but I don't think I'll ever be able to finish MM1.

#503 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

DX ugh.. enough with the old school and indie sales. I want the actual console games to go on sale. :(

It should say a lot that the big publishers don't really want to put their retail eShop titles on sale like the indies and VC publishers do.

#504 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

Why is Mega Man 1 so Fuck hard? I was going to download at least the first three games, but I don't think I'll ever be able to finish MM1.

I remember them all as being pretty darn hard!  I do think MM2 was a bit easier, which might be the reason I kept renting that one as a kid.  I know everyone says 2 is their favorite, though, so maybe whatever they liked, I did too.

It should say a lot that the big publishers don't really want to put their retail eShop titles on sale like the indies and VC publishers do.

Atlus has been pretty good about it.  Can't think of many (any?) others, though.  Sad, because I always buy Atlus games day 1 anyway!  I wish the eShop would take a lesson from the PSN.

#505 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:06 PM

I wouldn't really call Atlus a big publisher. They don't really have much of anything on the Wii U eShop either.

#506 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:10 PM

I wouldn't really call Atlus a big publisher. They don't really have much of anything on the Wii U eShop either.

Oops!  Thought I was in the 3DS thread.  True on the latter, and on the former, yeah, not a giant company by any means, just not "indie".

#507 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:40 AM

Oh sweet Kung Fu Rabbit again.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#508 Yoohoo1231

Yoohoo1231

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:07 AM

If you abuse the save states it'll be a piece of cake. Aside from the goo-block-cyclops thing. He's still a dick.

#509 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:57 PM

Here are the new deals for this week:

Mario Bros - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 12/5

Super Mario Bros. - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 12/5

Super Mario Bros. 2 - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 12/5

Super Mario World - $5.59 - 30% Off - Ends 12/5