Wii U eShop Deals - 3/28: Curve & Natsume Sale, $7.50 Adventures of Pip, $10 RE Revelations, $8.49 Mutant Mudds SC, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
These are the latest deals on the Wii U's eShop right now.

All deals end at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET

Select Nintendo Wii U and 3DS eShop titles available to purchase as an eShop code from Nintendo.com! Links included below for these titles.

On Sale

99Moves - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

99Seconds - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Abyss - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Adventures of Pip - $7.50 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Alphadia Genesis - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade - $5.99 - 38% Off - Ends 4/25

Art of Balance - $6.70 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Avoider - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Baila Latino - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Blocky Bot - $1.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Blok Drop U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30
Brave Tank Hero - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Christmas Adventure of Rocket Penguin - $1.59 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Color Bombs - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Color Zen - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/25

Cube Life: Island Survival - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Darts Up - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Don't Crash - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30
Explody Bomb - $0.59 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Fit Music - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Island Flight Simulator - $6.99 - 13% Off - Ends 3/31

Life of Pixel - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/11

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - $12.90 - 35% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Maze - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/31

Mortar Melon - $2.49 - 58% Off - Ends 4/30

Mutant Mudds Deluxe - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - $8.49 - 15% Off - Ends 4/16 - Cross Buy - Mutant Mudds Deluxe Owners Only

My Style Studio: Hair Salon - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 4/25

My Style Studio: Notebook - $2.49 - 17% Off - Ends 4/25

Ninja Strike: Dangerous Dash - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Nova-111 - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

OlliOlli - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Paper Monsters Recut - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Pentapuzzle - $1.05 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

The Perplexing Orb - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Pixel Slime U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Plenty of Fishes - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/30

Poker Dice Solitaire Future - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Pumped BMX+ - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Resident Evil Revelations - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/29

Rock 'N Racing Off Road - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 3/31

Shut The Box - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Skylanders SuperChargers Portal Owner's Pack - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/1

Spikey Walls - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - $14.99 - 63% Off - Ends 3/30

Spy Chameleon - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Suspension Railroad Simulator - $5.00 - 38% Off - Ends 4/7

The Swapper - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

The Swindle - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/31

Tabletop Gallery - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Toss N Go - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Ultratron - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Word Party - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/4

Promotions

• 20% off of either Trine Enchanted Edition ($11.99) or Trine 2: Director's Cut ($15.99) if you own the other game. This is a permanent promotion.
  • Own or Buy Rock 'N Racing Off Road, get Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX for $3.00 (62% Off).
Cross Buy Games

• Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria - $9.99
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars - $19.99
  • OlliOlli - $9.99
  • Woah Dave! - $4.99
  • Xeodrifter - $9.99
Free Games

• Animal Crossing Plaza - Free companion app to Animal Crossing: New Leaf on the 3DS that lets you share screenshots and such from that game on the Miiverse on Wii U.
  • Disney Infinity - This is the full game for free, but it requires the base and figures that are sold separately. Works with bases from any other platform except for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One bases. No Club Nintendo coins come with this version.
  • Rayman Legends Challenges App - New Version of Demo with extra Daily/Weekly Challenges w/Online Leaderboards
  • Tank! Tank! Tank! - Limits: Three Plays Per Day, No Single-Player Campaign, Limited Multiplayer Maps/Mode Availability. Purchase one piece of DLC to get rid of play limit.
  • Zen Pinball 2 - Platform Hub with demos for all tables.
Want to see if a game has been on sale before? Check out my Wii U eShop Sale History Google Doc.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, is the "Digital Deluxe" promo for the Black Wii U active (ie: I've already bought some digital content, does it give me points right off the bat?), or do I have to activate it somehow?

How do I access this to see how many points I have? Thinking of downloading Trine 2, but I want to know if I have to activate something first to get the points....

[quote name='Rudybegga']So, is the "Digital Deluxe" promo for the Black Wii U active (ie: I've already bought some digital content, does it give me points right off the bat?), or do I have to activate it somehow?

How do I access this to see how many points I have? Thinking of downloading Trine 2, but I want to know if I have to activate something first to get the points....[/QUOTE]
http://ddp.nintendo.com/

Register there to join the promotion.

Thank you Frisky. Do you know if my previous purchases will be counted?

It'll be a shame if my 3 NES games and Mighty Switch Force won't be registered, because that's halfway to a 5 dollar voucher.....

Hmm, checked my account, I only got 3 points per NES download, and only 49 for Mighty Switch force. Guess I didn't get as many points as I thought, but at least I got them!!!

[quote name='maximumzero']If you're referring to the Ubisoft deal we had that a few months back.[/QUOTE]

While yes I am waiting for another Ubisoft sale as the first sale ended a day or two before my Wii U arrived, and Europe has seen two 50% off Ubisoft sales since we had ours. Plus this week they had the following indie titles on sale for about 50% off while we only got Trine 2:

Wii U:

Little Inferno – €4.49/£4.49 (Was €9.99/£8.99)
Nano Assault Neo – €6.49/£5.99 (Was €9.99/£8.99)
Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition – €7.49/£6.75 (Was €9.99/£8.99)
Puddle – €6.99/£6.29 (Was €9.99/£8.99)
The Cave – €8.99/£7.99 (Was €12.99/£9.99)
Toki Tori 2 – €13.49/£11.69 (Was €14.99/£12.99)
Trine 2: Director’s Cut – €8.49/£6.99 (Was €16.99/£13.99) – Till 30th April

Nintendo 3DS:
Mutant Mudds – €5.99/£5.39 (Was €8.99/£8.09)
Mighty Switch Force! – €4.49/£4.09 (Was €5.99/£5.39)
Art of Balance TOUCH! – €4.99/£4.49 (Was €6.99/£6.29)
Fun Fun Minigolf TOUCH! – €3.49/£3.19 (Was €4.99/£4.49)
Gunman Clive – €1.49/£1.49 (Was €1.99/£1.49)
Dress To Play: Cute Witches! – €1.99/£1.79 (Was €3.99/£3.59)

Some of those have been on sale for a bit in the past two months, though there hasn't been a big group of games on sale since the Ubisoft sale. I thought the developers/publishers had control of pricing and sales, though I don't know why these games wouldn't be on sale everywhere if that were the case.

NOA has proven themselves to be bad at sales on the 3DS time and time again, so it's not a huge surprise.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Some of those have been on sale for a bit in the past two months, though there hasn't been a big group of games on sale since the Ubisoft sale. I thought the developers/publishers had control of pricing and sales, though I don't know why these games wouldn't be on sale everywhere if that were the case.

NOA has proven themselves to be bad at sales on the 3DS time and time again, so it's not a huge surprise.[/QUOTE]

Publishers do have control over the sales, did you ever think they just don't want to put it on sale in every region all the time? Maybe some regions have responded better to it than others.

[quote name='bonesawisready']Publishers do have control over the sales, did you ever think they just don't want to put it on sale in every region all the time? Maybe some regions have responded better to it than others.[/QUOTE]
It's a lot easier in terms of marketing to just have sales for everybody instead of just one region, as Toki Tori 2 and Trine 2 are doing.

[quote name='bombfirst885']Was F-Zero ever on the Wii u VC? Where is Kirby? Or am I confused and those two are only on 3DS?[/QUOTE]
F-Zero was on sale last month and Kirby's Adventure should be on sale next Thursday.
[quote name='Halo05']Oh man, now Frisky is holding down the Wii U digital sales too?![/QUOTE]
It's not that hard when there's one game on sale for most weeks.

That's a good price for Trine 2, any recommend it?

I tried the demo thought it was pretty good but how great is the game overall?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's a lot easier in terms of marketing to just have sales for everybody instead of just one region, as Toki Tori 2 and Trine 2 are doing.[/QUOTE]

Espically in this day and age where everyone who follows any gaming blog will see the sales in other regions, and I know for me once I see it go for cheaper elsewhere I will usually hold out until I can get for hat same deal.

[quote name='diazt350']That's a good price for Trine 2, any recommend it?

I tried the demo thought it was pretty good but how great is the game overall?[/QUOTE]

It has great co-op, for 1player I wouldn't recommend it

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']F-Zero was on sale last month and Kirby's Adventure should be on sale next Thursday.

It's not that hard when there's one game on sale for most weeks.[/QUOTE]I only saw Punch Out last month. I don't even see F-Zero on the eshop.

[quote name='bombfirst885']I only saw Punch Out last month. I don't even see F-Zero on the eshop.[/QUOTE]
F-Zero's sale ended last month and Punch-Out began then.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']F-Zero's sale ended last month and Punch-Out began then.[/QUOTE]

I believe Balloon Fight is still up for $5, but FZero disappeared from the eShop.

Nintendo confirmed that the Virtual Console service will be up on Wii U "shortly after" next week's system update. There's a trailer showcasing some of the games that'll be hitting (along with F-Zero returning).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V5NJ9ZKfPo

Now I just wonder if we'll actually see sales on VC games this time around, though the 30 cent games are a great start.

I'm excited for the Virtual Console to launch proper, but I have a bad feeling they are going to just be drip feeding us things that have already been on the Wii virtual console for years rather than add new titles people want. The N64 was seriously underrepresented.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Probably a stupid question, but no way this will be coming to the Wii Virtual Console, right? Have they pretty much abandoned that?[/QUOTE]The press release only said "Wii U Virtual Console", so I don't think so. Pretty much, SNK is really the only one that releases games for the Wii VC about every other week or at least once a month. I'm sure Nintendo's shifted their VC attention on eShop and Wii U.

[quote name='Zonic505']The press release only said "Wii U Virtual Console", so I don't think so. Pretty much, SNK is really the only one that releases games for the Wii VC about every other week or at least once a month. I'm sure Nintendo's shifted their VC attention on eShop and Wii U.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I've always wanted to play it, but it's never been available to me at a reasonable price. I guess this is still the case, since it would require me to buy a $300 WiiU.

wonder how they came up with these names... wonder if they were drunk..

Hey im going to wee on you.... Hey that could be a name of a system

WII U

LOL

[quote name='slidecage']wonder how they came up with these names... wonder if they were drunk..

Hey im going to wee on you.... Hey that could be a name of a system

WII U

LOL[/QUOTE]

Are you 9 years old?

[quote name='tylerh1701']Probably a stupid question, but no way this will be coming to the Wii Virtual Console, right? Have they pretty much abandoned that?[/QUOTE]

Actually they've been putting new games on Wii VC, oddly enough. Not first party - less popular ones like World Heroes, though some stuff is being taken down, too. I doubt Earthbound will make it to Wii.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10414980&postcount=9

February - F-Zero
March - Punch Out! Featuring Mr. Dream
April - Kirby's Adventure
May - Super Metroid
June - Yoshi
July - Donkey Kong[/QUOTE]
Good. I've never played Super Metroid. I had Kirby and Metroid's dates flipped in my head, so I thought Metroid came out today... I was excited to finally try it. Then I got on the shop only to find my favorite Pink Puffball staring at me... like he wanted to eat me...

I'm hearing that Kirby's Adventure is now up on the Wii U eShop. If I didn't already have the 3D Classics version & the Dream Collection, I would've gotten it.

Oh well, now begins the long wait for Super Metroid, made even harder since I finally got back into Fusion thanks to the 3DS Ambassador program.

[quote name='Zonic505']I'm hearing that Kirby's Adventure is now up on the Wii U eShop. If I didn't already have the 3D Classics version & the Dream Collection, I would've gotten it.

Oh well, now begins the long wait for Super Metroid, made even harder since I finally got back into Fusion thanks to the 3DS Ambassador program.[/QUOTE]

It's 30 cents! I'm getting it anyway for tablet/miiverse support. Plus I have a special nostalgia for Kirby's Adventure. It was the first game I ever beat as a kid (not a huge accomplishment since it's super easy).

Puddle is on sale for $7.49, which is only $0.50 off the normal price. Don't forget that Toki Tori 2 is still on sale until tomorrow. Any late people that missed Punch-Out! can still get it if they hurry.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Actually they've been putting new games on Wii VC, oddly enough. Not first party - less popular ones like World Heroes, though some stuff is being taken down, too. I doubt Earthbound will make it to Wii.[/QUOTE]

What else was taken down from the Wii VC? The only one I know of was SimCity

The DKC games were removed for some reason, the TMNT NES game got delisted due to Konami's licensing expiring, and Irem's stuff like R-Type was taken off as well, plus some of Data East's Turbografx-16 stuff. You can find a list of all the Virtual Console games, including ones that were removed, here.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10414980&postcount=9

February - F-Zero
March - Punch Out! Featuring Mr. Dream
April - Kirby's Adventure
May - Super Metroid
June - Yoshi
July - Donkey Kong[/QUOTE]

Wow can't believe I didn't notice that on the first page haha.

Well now I just need to wait a bit more for Super Metroid :D

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Toki Tori 2 is awesome, a must get Metroidvania game that features a chick.

Toki Tori 2 review[/QUOTE]

Is the story connected with the first one in anyway? I don't like buying the sequels if I haven't played the first one.

I'm waiting for Runner 2 to go on sale that's the only game I want on the eshop so far.

[quote name='diazt350']
Is the story connected with the first one in anyway? I don't like buying the sequels if I haven't played the first one.
[/QUOTE]

I don't know about the second one, but the first Toki Tori didn't really have a story, it was just a puzzle game. The whole story was just "your egg siblings are scattered all over, go collect them."

[quote name='diazt350']Is the story connected with the first one in anyway? I don't like buying the sequels if I haven't played the first one.

I'm waiting for Runner 2 to go on sale that's the only game I want on the eshop so far.[/QUOTE]
There's not really much of a story to the games, so you don't need to play them in order.

I apologize for being off topic. Does anyone have Lego City Undercover for trade? I am looking to trade my Scribblenauts Unlimited for it. Thanks!

Kirby's Adventure is my favorite Kirby-styled game (Kirby's Epic Yarn isn't really the traditional Kirby style without the usual characters), so I definitely took advantage of the 30-cent deal!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']There's not really much of a story to the games, so you don't need to play them in order.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks for the info.

I think I'm going to skip it this time, hopefully runner goes on sale soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back