Wii U eShop Deals - 3/28: Curve & Natsume Sale, $7.50 Adventures of Pip, $10 RE Revelations, $8.49 Mutant Mudds SC, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
These are the latest deals on the Wii U's eShop right now.

All deals end at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET

Select Nintendo Wii U and 3DS eShop titles available to purchase as an eShop code from Nintendo.com! Links included below for these titles.

On Sale

99Moves - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

99Seconds - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Abyss - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Adventures of Pip - $7.50 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Alphadia Genesis - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade - $5.99 - 38% Off - Ends 4/25

Art of Balance - $6.70 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Avoider - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Baila Latino - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Blocky Bot - $1.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Blok Drop U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30
Brave Tank Hero - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Christmas Adventure of Rocket Penguin - $1.59 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Color Bombs - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Color Zen - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/25

Cube Life: Island Survival - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Darts Up - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Don't Crash - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30
Explody Bomb - $0.59 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Fit Music - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Island Flight Simulator - $6.99 - 13% Off - Ends 3/31

Life of Pixel - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/11

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - $12.90 - 35% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Maze - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/31

Mortar Melon - $2.49 - 58% Off - Ends 4/30

Mutant Mudds Deluxe - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - $8.49 - 15% Off - Ends 4/16 - Cross Buy - Mutant Mudds Deluxe Owners Only

My Style Studio: Hair Salon - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 4/25

My Style Studio: Notebook - $2.49 - 17% Off - Ends 4/25

Ninja Strike: Dangerous Dash - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Nova-111 - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

OlliOlli - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Paper Monsters Recut - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Pentapuzzle - $1.05 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

The Perplexing Orb - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Pixel Slime U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Plenty of Fishes - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/30

Poker Dice Solitaire Future - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Pumped BMX+ - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Resident Evil Revelations - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/29

Rock 'N Racing Off Road - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 3/31

Shut The Box - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Skylanders SuperChargers Portal Owner's Pack - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/1

Spikey Walls - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - $14.99 - 63% Off - Ends 3/30

Spy Chameleon - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Suspension Railroad Simulator - $5.00 - 38% Off - Ends 4/7

The Swapper - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

The Swindle - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/31

Tabletop Gallery - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Toss N Go - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Ultratron - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Word Party - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/4

Promotions

• 20% off of either Trine Enchanted Edition ($11.99) or Trine 2: Director's Cut ($15.99) if you own the other game. This is a permanent promotion.
  • Own or Buy Rock 'N Racing Off Road, get Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX for $3.00 (62% Off).
Cross Buy Games

• Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria - $9.99
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars - $19.99
  • OlliOlli - $9.99
  • Woah Dave! - $4.99
  • Xeodrifter - $9.99
Free Games

• Animal Crossing Plaza - Free companion app to Animal Crossing: New Leaf on the 3DS that lets you share screenshots and such from that game on the Miiverse on Wii U.
  • Disney Infinity - This is the full game for free, but it requires the base and figures that are sold separately. Works with bases from any other platform except for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One bases. No Club Nintendo coins come with this version.
  • Rayman Legends Challenges App - New Version of Demo with extra Daily/Weekly Challenges w/Online Leaderboards
  • Tank! Tank! Tank! - Limits: Three Plays Per Day, No Single-Player Campaign, Limited Multiplayer Maps/Mode Availability. Purchase one piece of DLC to get rid of play limit.
  • Zen Pinball 2 - Platform Hub with demos for all tables.
Want to see if a game has been on sale before? Check out my Wii U eShop Sale History Google Doc.

Last edited by a moderator:
was going to purchase Puddle but didnt know if it was worth it..for anyone that has the game what do you all think of it? Also, isnt today the day that the Wii U system update comes out?

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I apologize for being off topic. Does anyone have Lego City Undercover for trade? I am looking to trade my Scribblenauts Unlimited for it. Thanks![/QUOTE]

no one would ever do that trade

[quote name='Markew001']Anyone have opinions on this?[/QUOTE]

Nano Assault was of the first games I downloaded on the system. Fun twin stick shooter, in the same vein as Super Stardust, with a couple of the usual modes including 2 player. Also, this game is looks crazy good, way better than it should for the download size lol. Only problem I had was how short it was, definitely for high score hunters.

[quote name='prateeko']For someone who has a wii but no wii u will I be able to transfer my games when I buy a wii u?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and much to my surprise the upgrade program works and is even active now (for some reason I thought it was coming later). I was picking up Kirby in the eShop and noticed Super Mario World was discounted to $1.50. I didn't even remember having that on my Wii but I must have it there to qualify for the discount (as it is normally 7.99). Now, how, exactly Nintendo knows that I'm not sure. Did info of which VC games I owned get transferred to the Wii U when I did the Wii -> Wii U transfer, or does it just look at the Wii portion right now to see what I have?

The reason it makes a difference is that I still have some left over Wii Points on my old Wii account. In the future if I can buy the Wii Virtual Console version of a game then just pay a buck or 2 (or whatever N64 games end up being) to upgrade to the Wii U VC version that would be great. But that would require a post-transfer linkage of the games and I'm not sure if it works that way.

I'm trying to apply logic to this, but Nintendo rarely makes any sense. It looks like you'd have to be the guinea pig.

It seems like storing the list of transferred games somewhere else would make less sense than checking Wii mode for the original title. Let us know if it works out.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']I'm trying to apply logic to this, but Nintendo rarely makes any sense. It looks like you'd have to be the guinea pig.

It seems like storing the list of transferred games somewhere else would make less sense than checking Wii mode for the original title. Let us know if it works out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I figured (that some sort of list was made at the time of the transfer and thus anything after that wouldn't count). But before I can test it out they will have to add some stuff I want to the Wii U VC. A good test would be Paper Mario since I got that as a Club Nintendo freebie and redeemed it on my Wii within a Wii U after the initial transfer. That one could be tested without buying anything but who knows when, if ever, they will add that (or any other N64 games) to the Wii U VC.

For whatever reason I thought I'd be able to upgrade things I bought later though. Otherwise I would have bought a bunch of stuff on my old Wii before doing the transfer.

I don't know if it's standard or I got lucky, but I had had Punch-Out (the NES one) on my Wii, did the transfer....bought the discounted upgrade.

It's still in the virtual Wii, but also on the Wii U menu. The vWii version only uses the Wiimote. The Wii U VC version uses the gamepad.

That's normal since you're not actually upgrading the game. You get a discount on the Wii U version for having the Wii version transferred over.

[quote name='io']Yeah, that's what I figured (that some sort of list was made at the time of the transfer and thus anything after that wouldn't count). But before I can test it out they will have to add some stuff I want to the Wii U VC. A good test would be Paper Mario since I got that as a Club Nintendo freebie and redeemed it on my Wii within a Wii U after the initial transfer. That one could be tested without buying anything but who knows when, if ever, they will add that (or any other N64 games) to the Wii U VC.

For whatever reason I thought I'd be able to upgrade things I bought later though. Otherwise I would have bought a bunch of stuff on my old Wii before doing the transfer.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I assume the opposite.
Whenever Kirby Super Star comes out, I'll let you know.

[quote name='maximumzero']Been waiting on sale for Nano Assault, buying it soon.[/QUOTE]

same here. will purchase it since i really enjoyed super stardust

Only one new item is on sale this week, which is all Marvel tables for Zen Pinball 2 for 50% Off until 5/9:

Zen Pinball 2 - Avengers Chronicles Pack - $4.99
Zen Pinball 2 - Captain America Table - $1.49
Zen Pinball 2 - Civil War Table - $1.49
Zen Pinball 2 - Fantastic Four Table - $1.49
Zen Pinball 2 - Marvel Pinball Original Pack - $4.99
Zen Pinball 2 - Marvel Pinball Vengeance and Virtue Pack - $4.99

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Only one new item is on sale this week, which is all Marvel tables for Zen Pinball 2 for 50% Off until 5/9:

Zen Pinball 2 - Avengers Chronicles Pack - $4.99
Zen Pinball 2 - Captain America Table - $1.49
Zen Pinball 2 - Civil War Table - $1.49
Zen Pinball 2 - Fantastic Four Table - $1.49
Zen Pinball 2 - Marvel Pinball Original Pack - $4.99
Zen Pinball 2 - Marvel Pinball Vengeance and Virtue Pack - $4.99[/QUOTE]

Just bought the V&V pack last week, but I'll be buying the rest of them. Thanks.

It looks like the free-to-play version of Tank! Tank! Tank! is out now, as well. I don't think it's shown on the front page, so just find the Recent Releases banner somewhere in there to see it. It's 1555 MB.

Also, if you want some free Club Nintendo coins, download the Zen Pinball 2 base game that is free.

Wonder if the free version of TTT will allow for some free coins as well. Might as well download the Zen Pinball 2 hub so I can get some coins/another survey prepared when the next reward year begins.

Anyone have any thoughts on Nano Assault Neo at the sale price? I have been waiting for a sale since launch, but that was mostly because it was one of few games on there. Now that there is a (comparatively) larger selection and the VC has officially launched, I'm not sure that its worth it. The current Metacritic of 71 is also scaring me off.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It looks like the free-to-play version of Tank! Tank! Tank! is out now, as well. I don't think it's shown on the front page, so just find the Recent Releases banner somewhere in there to see it. It's 1555 MB.

Also, if you want some free Club Nintendo coins, download the Zen Pinball 2 base game that is free.[/QUOTE]

Yeesh this free software's taking over my Wii U. Street View, Rayman, 30 cent games, now these two

[quote name='mpaullin']Anyone have any thoughts on Nano Assault Neo at the sale price? I have been waiting for a sale since launch, but that was mostly because it was one of few games on there. Now that there is a (comparatively) larger selection and the VC has officially launched, I'm not sure that its worth it. The current Metacritic of 71 is also scaring me off.[/QUOTE]
It's a decent dual-stick shooter that doesn't really do anything to make it particularly great like Super Stardust HD and Geometry Wars did on their respective platforms.

The way it's set-up with four sets of four levels also makes it feel less like the arcadey endless game that you'd expect it to be since you just have to be good enough to beat four levels at a time. The camera can also get bad at times since you're moving on these oddly shaped levels and they decided make it move dynamically, so there's an instance during an early boss fight where you're fighting upside-down because the camera just wants to hate for in an intense moment. They have an interesting upgrade system in place between levels that would be cooler if the levels you weren't kicked out after playing through four levels.

[quote name='DestinyHero']Tank! Tank! Tank! free download gets you 60 Club Nintendo coins. Seems worth it for the price and bandwidth.[/QUOTE]

O_O holy cow that's a lot of coins. Going for it!

[quote name='apterous']O_O holy cow that's a lot of coins. Going for it![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not sure if it's intentional but I kind of doubt it. If it is a mistake they might take that away so I would jump on it ASAP if you like CN coins.

Also try the base game out, it's actually pretty decent. Can't wait to try out the multiplayer with some friends.

The limit that Tank! Tank! Tank! has for the free-to-play version is that you can only play it three times a day before needing to pay to keep playing.

Edit: An no single-player story mode. Only MP, which you can play alone if you want.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The limit that Tank! Tank! Tank! has for the free-to-play version is that you can only play it three times a day before needing to pay to keep playing.

Edit: An no single-player story mode. Only MP, which you can play alone if you want.[/QUOTE]

That isn't quite as good as 'free' but I guess it's better than nothing. Thanks for the heads up, still got about 30 minutes to finish downloading it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's a decent dual-stick shooter that doesn't really do anything to make it particularly great like Super Stardust HD and Geometry Wars did on their respective platforms.

The way it's set-up with four sets of four levels also makes it feel less like the arcadey endless game that you'd expect it to be since you just have to be good enough to beat four levels at a time. The camera can also get bad at times since you're moving on these oddly shaped levels and they decided make it move dynamically, so there's an instance during an early boss fight where you're fighting upside-down because the camera just wants to hate for in an intense moment. They have an interesting upgrade system in place between levels that would be cooler if the levels you weren't kicked out after playing through four levels.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Frisky. That's enough to make me pass.

I've exhausted my three plays and this is a terrible free-to-play game. The game itself is okay, but the bullshit they used to cut it up to give to us for free is awful since it's obvious that this was a full price game that they gimped for you to play for free. Three plays means three attempts at any of the three MP modes, which is one session for the two straight MP modes and mostly two fights in the one co-op mode. I don't see a way to unlock stuff through pure perseverance, so it's more of a demo than anything.

The only good thing is that you can get a bunch of Club Nintendo points of out this.

Edit: It does look like there's a sale on just My Kong Mode for 80% off until 5/15:

Tank! Tank! Tank! - Versus Industrial Complex - $1.99
Tank! Tank! Tank! - Versus Ruins - $1.99
Tank! Tank! Tank! - Versus Canyon - $1.99
Tank! Tank! Tank! - Versus Coastal Area - $1.99
Tank! Tank! Tank! - Versus Volcanic Area - $1.99
Tank! Tank! Tank! - Versus Lunar Base - $1.99
Tank! Tank! Tank! - My Kong - $1.99
Tank! Tank! Tank! - Monster Battle Ruins - $3.99
Tank! Tank! Tank! - Monster Battle Industrial Complex - $3.99
Tank! Tank! Tank! - Story Missions - $9.99

So it's $32 right now to get the full game or just $9.99 if you just want the single-player. Purchasing any pack here removes that daily limit.

[quote name='Kidorangepanda']I can't find tank tank tank on the Eshop anymore.[/QUOTE]
It's still on there. Scroll Down to the Games by Category section, click on the Recent Releases banner, and it'll be right at the top.

[quote name='lakerfanalways']was going to purchase Puddle but didnt know if it was worth it..for anyone that has the game what do you all think of it? Also, isnt today the day that the Wii U system update comes out?[/QUOTE]

The difficulty ramps up very quickly. I haven't played very far, as I mostly play Wii U with my daughter, and she doesn't like all the fire in this game (she's only 3 and a half).

Basically, you're moving a puddle of water through a maze of pipes and fire and traps, trying to get to the end of the level without having all of the water evaporate.

It's all motion-control, tilting the Wii tablet to move the water through the levels.

Like a lot of these mini games, I think they are fun but overpriced at full price. They should probably be $5 tops.

Gotta say, nice work updating this thread Frisky. That and the PS Plus thread and seeing ya in the XBL one.....gotta give ya props :)

Gonna download a table or two for Pinball. In for T!T!T! in order to get the 60 coins.

[quote name='Jon7']Anyone have a recomendation on which the best of the Marvel pinball packs is? I only want to get one.[/QUOTE]

I personally had more fun with the original pack because it features more "mainstream" heroes. Most of the other pack are based on specific comic arcs that I'm not familiar with, so I felt like a lot of it was going over my head. All are really fun to play, though.

It depends on what you are looking for. I know the tables in the second pack are more elaborate and probably feature more events or whatever since they attempt to have a story.

With Tank Tank Tank, if I bought the $2 My Kong DLC, which unlocks the 3 play/day limit... is that actually a decent amount of game to play? Would I actually enjoy playing multiplayer w/ friends or would we be yelling that there's only "one map" and feel like we need to download more DLC packs?

The other option is to just wait for the disc to show up at $10 somewhere.

Chasing Aurora is half-off until next Thursday, Assassin's Creed III has a permanent price drop to $39.99, and Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 also has a permanent price drop to $29.99.

If you still want to get in on the Nano Assault Neo and Zen Pinball 2 deals, you've got less than two hours to buy them.

[quote name='Zonic505']Reminder that in about 2 hours, Super Metroid will cost only 30 cents to download until June 13.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reminder! Will get after work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back