Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Wii U eShop Deals - 10/16: $6 SteamWorld Dig, $6 Squids Odyssey, $5 TNT Racers, $10 Trine 2 DC, and $2.49 Gravity Badgers!

Wii U eShop Nintendo

• Please log in to reply
2100 replies to this topic

#241 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

It ended at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#242 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:42 AM

The NES version of Ghosts 'n Goblins was added on Virtual Console in EU for €4.99 (confirmed for Thursday for US for $4.99), and they have a deal where you can grab it for half the price at €2.49 if you buy or already own Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts until June 6th. Considering we've had two VC deals weekly in a row, I'm betting that we'll get the deal later this week.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#243 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

The developer of Toki Tori 2 just tweeted that the game will get a price drop tomorrow. They didn't mention what the new price would be.

#244 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

Damn I upgraded my Kirby Superstar and would love to purchase Kirby's Dream Land 3 and get a free Kirby game. Problem is I hate Kirby's Dream Course. I would have liked to see Kirby's Avalanche included. If I want to play some sort of weird putt putt golf I'll stick to my PS1 Rugrats game!

Yeah, I "tried out" the other two games and it was clear why they did this promotion.
3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#245 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

So we got a slightly different deal than Europe. If you get either Mega Man X or Ghosts 'n Goblins (NES), you can get the other game for 1/2 off. So if you get GnG, MMX will be $4 and if you get MMX, GnG will be $2.50. If you want to make the most of this, I'd suggest getting GnG and then getting MMX for 1/2 off since you're saving $4 instead of $2.50.

Also, select Just Dance 4 DLC is on sale for 30% off. You can see a list of the songs discounted here.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#246 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

Weird. You'd think they'd just sell bundles.
3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#247 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

Toki Tori 2 is $11.24, down from $14.99
3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#248 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

The new deals for this week:

Games
Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off - Ghosts 'N Goblins and Mega Man X - $1.00/$4.99 and $1.50/$7.99, respectively - Ends 6/6 - More Details
Chasing Aurora - $7.99 - Permanent Price Drop?
Just Dance 4 - $34.99 - Ends 6/6
Toki Tori 2 - $11.24 - Ends 6/6

Add-ons
Just Dance 4 - Various Songs (17) - $2.10 each

I think that's it.

#249 Liquid Metal

Liquid Metal

hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

I thought i had until tongiht to get the kirby deal.

awwwwwwwww balls.

#250 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

Deals end at Noon eastern time.

#251 mpaullin

mpaullin

Bow before my platinum trophy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:49 PM

I meant to ask this last week but never got around to it, but does buying the "upgrade" from Wii VC to Wii U qualify you for these promotions? Like if I owned Ghosts and Goblins on my Wii VC, could I pay the $1 to get the Wii U version and then get Mega Man for half off? I haven't had this situation come up yet, but with the way Nintendo are throwing out these (unprecedented) VC deals, I imagine it won't be long before it does.

#252 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

I meant to ask this last week but never got around to it, but does buying the "upgrade" from Wii VC to Wii U qualify you for these promotions? Like if I owned Ghosts and Goblins on my Wii VC, could I pay the $1 to get the Wii U version and then get Mega Man for half off? I haven't had this situation come up yet, but with the way Nintendo are throwing out these (unprecedented) VC deals, I imagine it won't be long before it does.

Yes, absolutely (unless they changed it since last week). They actually say that in the description of the deal usually (they did last week). That's the only way getting MMX first would be a better deal (if you had MMX to upgrade for Wii and not GG). What happens is when you see a game you have already on Wii in the WiiU store it will show the $1/$1.50 price instead of the regular price. When you buy the requisite triggers, the other item's prices adjust automatically as well.

For example, I already had Kirby Super Star (bought it with Club points a while back), so it showed up as $1.50, Dreamland 3 and Dream Course were $7.99. I bought SS for $1.50 and DL3 for $7.99 and then Dream Course had a price of $0.

#253 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

Yes, each week's VC deal counts if you "upgrade" your Wii version of a VC game to the Wii U version with Off-TV Play, Miiverse, custom controls, etc.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#254 mpaullin

mpaullin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

Yes, absolutely (unless they changed it since last week). They actually say that in the description of the deal usually (they did last week). That's the only way getting MMX first would be a better deal (if you had MMX to upgrade for Wii and not GG). What happens is when you see a game you have already on Wii in the WiiU store it will show the $1/$1.50 price instead of the regular price. When you buy the requisite triggers, the other item's prices adjust automatically as well.

For example, I already had Kirby Super Star (bought it with Club points a while back), so it showed up as $1.50, Dreamland 3 and Dream Course were $7.99. I bought SS for $1.50 and DL3 for $7.99 and then Dream Course had a price of $0.

Nice to know, thanks! Now I regret not taking advantage of Kirby last week. I already had Super Star and Dreamland 3, so I could have gotten all 3 of them for $3. Ah well, sounds like I'm not missing much with Dream Course.

#255 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

Nice to know, thanks! Now I regret not taking advantage of Kirby last week. I already had Super Star and Dreamland 3, so I could have gotten all 3 of them for $3. Ah well, sounds like I'm not missing much with Dream Course.

Quite the contrary - anybody who doesn't like Dream Course is certified crazy. I'd even go as far as to say it's my favorite Kirby game. Well, either it or Super Star. It's different, but it's *really* good.
Posted Image

#256 Edzo04

Edzo04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:16 AM

Quite the contrary - anybody who doesn't like Dream Course is certified crazy. I'd even go as far as to say it's my favorite Kirby game. Well, either it or Super Star. It's different, but it's *really* good.

i have no problem with people liking dream course but to hear that its someones favorite kirby game makes me feel sick

#257 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:35 AM

i have no problem with people liking dream course but to hear that its someones favorite kirby game makes me feel sick

Then I hope you get vomit stuck in your carpet. ;)
Posted Image

#258 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:28 AM

How's Toki Tori?

#259 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:34 AM

How's Toki Tori?

It's a fantastic puzzle platformer that incorporates Metroidvania-style elements into the structure of its campaign.

#260 fei33

fei33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:55 AM

Games
Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off - Ghosts 'N Goblins and Mega Man X - $1.00/$4.99 and $1.50/$7.99, respectively - Ends 6/6 - More Details
Chasing Aurora - $7.99 - Permanent Price Drop?
Just Dance 4 - $34.99 - Ends 6/6
Toki Tori 2 - $11.24 - Ends 6/6

Add-ons
Just Dance 4 - Various Songs (17) - $2.10 each

I think that's it.

I went ahead and bought the Virtual Console deal for this week. I like the fact that they are making it so that the discount works in both directions if you have at least one of the titles. Although they have not done a deal yet where I had bought a game previously on the Wii Virtual Console, it's nice to know we are eligible for the deal after a reasonable Wii U upgrade price.

On a side note, the original Ghosts 'N Goblins is brutally hard. I expected as much since I have played Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts, but the reality of it can still slap you in the face. It is like playing a 8-Bit Dark Souls.

#261 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:32 AM

So about that current VC deal...

I owned both Megaman X and Ghosts N' Goblins on VC so both are listed in the store at their discounted prices. In an effort to save $.75, I bought GnG first at $1.00. Then I exited all the way back out and went to buy MMX. No discount. :/

I wound up buying it as well, but I'm sort of bummed that it didn't work out perfectly after the Kirby one did (owned Kirby Superstar, paid full price for Kirby 3, got Kirby Golf free).

Just be aware that if you own both titles, buy MMX first and hopefully get the $.50 off GnG.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#262 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

I wonder if you didn't get the discount due to the fact you already technically owned both games already. I know it works if you own one & upgrade.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#263 mpaullin

mpaullin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

Looks like the new sale for this week is Trine 2 for $9.99. Good price for an awesome game (though this has been on sale a lot since Wii U's launch, not sure if this is the cheapest). Yoshi for $0.30 is also being "added" today, but you won't be able to pick it up till Tuesday (when the Metroid sale ends).

MPaullin.png

#264 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

Awesome... I was pissed when I missed the last $9.99 Trine deal by an hour or two. I'm happy that didn't take too long to come back around.

Plus, I think it'll get me enough points for $5 from the DDP, which helps out with Luigi. Boom.

#265 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

Trine 2 - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/27

No Yoshi on the eShop.

#266 HDShadow

HDShadow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:17 PM

Boo. No Virtual Console deal and only one new Virtual Console game? Is it just me or did the Wii update so much faster?

591625.png

#267 heatfan1121

heatfan1121

Pikmin 3 is Awesome!

• CAG Veteran

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:05 AM

This may have already been asked, but is there a way to buy a prepaid card and have it linked to both a 3DS and WiiU?

#268 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:08 AM

This may have already been asked, but is there a way to buy a prepaid card and have it linked to both a 3DS and WiiU?

The marketplaces are separate, so it's one or the other.

#269 Autosaver

Autosaver

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:53 AM

Yoshi is currently .30 cents.
Trine 2 is $9.99

#270 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:23 AM

Ooh, in for $.30 Yoshi. Finally one of these cheap games that I didn't already own (other than Balloon Fight but Jesus I sort of wish I had my $.30 back).

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid