Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Wii U eShop Deals - 4/17: TNT Racers $4.99 until 4/24 and Several Price Drops!

Wii U eShop Nintendo

• Please log in to reply
1339 replies to this topic

#361 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:46 PM

New deals for today:

Chasing Aurora - $4.99 - 38% Off - Permanent Price Drop

Kung Fu Rabbit - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 10/3

#362 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:44 PM

Does anyone know if I upgrade one of my Wii Virtual Console games to Wii U does that count towards

the Deluxe Digital Program.

I was considering upgrading Punch Out or Super Mario World so I could play them on the gamepad and that should give me enough points to get the $5 eshop credit. Thanks

#363 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

Does anyone know if I upgrade one of my Wii Virtual Console games to Wii U does that count towards

the Deluxe Digital Program.

I was considering upgrading Punch Out or Super Mario World so I could play them on the gamepad and that should give me enough points to get the $5 eshop credit. Thanks

Yup. Even the $.30 games they were selling over the summer counted towards the digital promo (a whopping 3 points each!).

kNcvatI.gif  344d2c4.jpg

#364 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

Yup. Even the $.30 games they were selling over the summer counted towards the digital promo (a whopping 3 points each!).

That's great news. Thanks for your help. I wasn't really sure by the wording of the terms on the DDP web site so now I just have to figure out which game to upgrade.

#365 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

Everything you can purchase on the eShop counts for the DDP. 

#366 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

There are no new deals for this week, but Kung Fu Rabbit is still on sale for $2.49 until 10/3. 

#367 io

io

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:31 PM

In case anyone is wondering what the hell Kung-Fu Rabbit is:

http://www.metacriti.../critic-reviews

Looks to be a not-so-great-but-probably-worth-$2.50 platformer.  Eh, I might as well get it.  That's a pretty wide range of scores though: 33-80.  The 33 seems to be an outlier as all the others are over 50 at least.

#368 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:10 AM

Since I grabbed Kung Fu Rabbit the other day, I'll record a video of it to show it in action for those interested.

#369 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:37 AM

Gonna come in this thread and ask noob questions now since I'm buying the Zelda bundle tomorrow.

First, am I reading it right that this DDP promotion is basically just 10% back in eshop credit through Dec 2014?

Second, do I need to have a Wiimote/Nunchuck for most WiiU games or just Wii games?

Third, is the Pro controller worth it or will it be like the Classic controller with the Wii where barely anything supports it?

Fourth, what kind of video cables does it come with?  Forgot to order an HDMI cable for it like a goober.

Finally, any other accessories or anything I would be silly not to have?  Grabbed one of those clearance essentials kits from BBY to have a case for the control pad thing but I know so little about the WiiU and just want Zelda (and my 3 year old loves using it at the store).

Currently Playing:
3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :xb1: Garden Warfare :hot: Forza 5 :hot: :ps4: LEGO The Hobbit

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: AC4 :hot:
EldritchOnRye.png

#370 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:41 AM

Yes, you get 10% back on digital purchases. When you spend $50 you get back $5.

You don't need Wimotes for Wii U games unless doing mulitplayer stuff like Nintendoland games but brings us to...

Pro Controller is worth it if you don't want to use the tablet. Almost all games support it. It also has a lot longer of a battery life (80 hours) compared to the tablet.

For accessories nothing is really needed as far as I know. I don't use screen protectors but thats something you could get. I never had a case before but now I have a clear one to protect the Zelda tablet.

Selling GRAND THEFT AUTO 5 (GTA V): Collectors Edition Pack DLC Card - Playstation PS3 for $75 OBO. Paypal, Amazon or Gamestop.

Selling the other GTA V collectors edition items as well including steel book (no game).

Deader2818.png

#371 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:52 AM

You don't need Wimotes for Wii U games unless doing mulitplayer stuff like Nintendoland games but brings us to...

Pro Controller is worth it if you don't want to use the tablet. Almost all games support it. It also has a lot longer of a battery life (80 hours) compared to the tablet.

Now can the Pro Controller be used by the second player or is that only for the primary user as a replacement for the tablet thing?  I don't really want my daughter using that all the time and if I can just get away with a Pro Controller and that for the times we play together that would be nice.

Currently Playing:
3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :xb1: Garden Warfare :hot: Forza 5 :hot: :ps4: LEGO The Hobbit

EldritchOnRye.png

#372 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:53 AM

Now can the Pro Controller be used by the second player or is that only for the primary user as a replacement for the tablet thing?  I don't really want my daughter using that all the time and if I can just get away with a Pro Controller and that for the times we play together that would be nice.

Im pretty sure it can be used as the 2nd controller.

Selling GRAND THEFT AUTO 5 (GTA V): Collectors Edition Pack DLC Card - Playstation PS3 for $75 OBO. Paypal, Amazon or Gamestop.

Selling the other GTA V collectors edition items as well including steel book (no game).

Deader2818.png

#373 io

io

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:28 AM

My son and I used the Pro Controller as the second for Tank Tank Tank.  So yeah, it works that way.  The Pro Controller is essential, IMO.  I love using it for Pikmin 3 with the tablet at my side for reference (map).

That reminds me, I need to get back into NSMB now that it supports the Pro Controller.

#374 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:32 AM

Fourth, what kind of video cables does it come with?  Forgot to order an HDMI cable for it like a goober.

It comes with quite a long HDMI cable for what typically comes with HDMI devices.

#375 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:38 AM

My Kung Fu Rabbit video will be live at about 2:45 AM ET/11:45 PM PT.

#376 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:56 AM

It comes with quite a long HDMI cable for what typically comes with HDMI devices.

Oh, it actually comes with an HDMI?!  I honestly was expecting something like composite or maybe component at best.

Currently Playing:

EldritchOnRye.png

#377 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:46 AM

One sale has been announced to start on Tuesday:

BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien – Runner2 is the sequel to the critically acclaimed and IGF award-winning BIT.TRIP RUNNER, featuring five exciting worlds, 125 levels and five death-defying boss battles. Starting Oct. 1, download BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien for 33 percent off in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U until 9 a.m. on Oct. 7.

33% Off would put it at $9.99.

#378 io

io

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:24 AM

Oh, it actually comes with an HDMI?!  I honestly was expecting something like composite or maybe component at best.

No way, man - this is Nintendo.  They are cutting edge! ;)

#379 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:12 AM

No way, man - this is Nintendo.  They are cutting edge! ;)

I'm still genuinely surprised.

Currently Playing:

EldritchOnRye.png

#380 Echocentricity

Echocentricity

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:15 AM

I'm still genuinely surprised.

You shouldn't be, the WII U Pro controller doesn't work with VC games. Since you can't use gamecube ones anymore, you are forced to buy the regular wii pro controller or an adapter to use the GC controller. 

Pretty annoying tbh unless you upgrade some games but that is only available for the NES & SNES games.

I was genuinely surprised though when I got the HDMI cable though to. Lol.

#381 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:47 AM

Does the Pro Controller work with Wii games that supported the classic controller?  If not I might buy one of those adapters since I still have a Wavebird and regular GC controller.

Currently Playing:

EldritchOnRye.png

#382 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:50 AM

Does the Pro Controller work with Wii games that supported the classic controller?  If not I might buy one of those adapters since I still have a Wavebird and regular GC controller.

No it doesnt. But like you said you can buy the adapter.

Deader2818.png

#383 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:52 AM

No it doesnt. But like you said you can buy the adapter.

Well that's dumb, at least the adapter is only $15 and seems to have decent reviews.

Currently Playing:

EldritchOnRye.png

#384 Echocentricity

Echocentricity

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:53 AM

I think its just annoying though that you have to connect it to the wii controller. 

But yeah I think the adapter is like 16 bucks though, I haven't looked for a cheaper one.

BRB I have to use 2 controllers to play one game.

Hopefully all the games are eligible for an upgrade though but come on nintendo, I did not see this coming!

#385 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:55 AM

It honestly shouldnt be shocking since all the WIi U does is  emulate the Wii. Would be a pain to try and get the pro controller to work with it really.

Deader2818.png

#386 Echocentricity

Echocentricity

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:56 AM

Oh, I'm not to familiar with that kind of stuff but yeah I should have followed up on it.

I just regret moving all my games.

#387 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:03 AM

It honestly shouldnt be shocking since all the WIi U does is  emulate the Wii. Would be a pain to try and get the pro controller to work with it really.

Yeah, they probably didn't see it being worth it since like the Classic Controller Pro I'm sure the percentage of people that have it is extremely low.  At the same time you would think if some random person/small Chinese company can make an adapter for a GC controller they could have just built support into the emulator for the Pro controller that's a 1:1 input emulation to the CCP.  Nothing's ever quite that simple with software development but I'm sure they could make it happen if they considered it a priority.

Currently Playing:

EldritchOnRye.png

#388 Echocentricity

Echocentricity

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:12 AM

Are you guys excited for Mighty #9? The "megaman" inspired game thats going to come out for the wii u?

Hopefully the Wii U Pro Controller will come to use for that game, lol.

#389 MiraiLink

MiraiLink

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:34 AM

Most games made for WiiU have Pro Controller support. I don't know what makes it's so funny.

Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock n' Roll. - Shigeru Miyamoto

#390 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:16 AM

The new deals for this week:

Bit.Trip Presents... Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien - $9.99 - 33% Off - Ends 10/7

Little Inferno - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 10/9

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - $29.99 - 50% Off - Ends 10/4

Promotions:

Buy Any Final Fight (1, 2, and 3) and Get A Fighting Game (SFII: The World Warrior, SSFII: The New Challengers, and SFII Turbo: Hyper Fighting) for 50% Off - $7.99 each or $1.50 via BC discount