Game of Thrones Season 2 Best Buy Exclusives Up for Pre-Order

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#91 Methoes

Methoes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Barns&Noble is having the A Game of Thrones Deluxe Edition (A Song of Ice and Fire #1) (A Barnes and Noble Exclusive) for only $8 (Pick-up only).
http://www.barnesand...n=9780594455011

#92 jgiovanni

jgiovanni

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

Barns&Noble is having the A Game of Thrones Deluxe Edition (A Song of Ice and Fire #1) (A Barnes and Noble Exclusive) for only $8 (Pick-up only).

This is the book, not the BR season 1 just to clarify.

jgiovanni.png

Please check out DCUVHD.com for all UV/ITunes movie trading needs!

#93 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

Ack, sold out. Buy this again for the 4th time to if it was. :lol:

Have my old hardback, paper back, signed, and some LE versions. If I'd known a decade ago this series would catch on probably would have kept them in better shape.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#94 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:13 AM

Walmart has a preorder bluray case out for Season 2...it looks to be either the first episode on disc or VUDU. The shelf sticker said $34.97.

Posted Image

#95 Gamer_Boy14

Gamer_Boy14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:20 AM

Walmart has a preorder bluray case out for Season 2...it looks to be either the first episode on disc or VUDU. The shelf sticker said $34.97.

A VUDU offer with the first episode and a sneak peek at some of the special features, IIRC.

#96 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

Good, gonna get BB to pricematch it.

#97 gunstar808

gunstar808

Capitalism, Ho!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

Think I'm going with the Lannisters, Tyrion is the best character after all. Though that octopus is pretty cool but the Greyjoys, Theon is such a...

And if you haven't done so, check out the books. Makes the show even better.

#98 neoz

neoz

I Know Kung Fu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Lets hope that they PM Target's price of $29.99.

#99 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

Lets hope that they PM Target's price of $29.99.

I see it's still 59.99 at Target.com. How do you get that price. I'll just pick it up there instead.

#100 lobito72

lobito72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:33 AM

Think I'm going with the Lannisters, Tyrion is the best character after all. Though that octopus is pretty cool but the Greyjoys, Theon is such a...

And if you haven't done so, check out the books. Makes the show even better.

Very true sir, the books are better, Tyrion is probably the best character and the Greyjoys' octopus rules............but the family/house is like plain vanilla ice cream.

Wish BB will drop their price come release day to $35, that would rock, if not I'm afraid I'll just have to pass on the slipcover.

#101 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

Very true sir, the books are better, Tyrion is probably the best character and the Greyjoys' octopus rules............but the family/house is like plain vanilla ice cream.

Wish BB will drop their price come release day to $35, that would rock, if not I'm afraid I'll just have to pass on the slipcover.

Although if you read the books you may have an aneurysm from some of the weird changes they have made..... :bomb:
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#102 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

Although if you read the books you may have an aneurysm from some of the weird changes they have made..... :bomb:

If you knew that Martin was repeated approached by film studios to do the entire seven book series in a two hour film you'd know what we have is so much better than it could have been. Some changes are odd, like Asha or the Reeds, but I am content with the adaptation and understand changes were inevitable.

#103 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

If you knew that Martin was repeated approached by film studios to do the entire seven book series in a two hour film you'd know what we have is so much better than it could have been. Some changes are odd, like Asha or the Reeds, but I am content with the adaptation and understand changes were inevitable.

Spoiler

Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#104 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

seven books into a two or three hour movie? do movie studios even understand how to make movies anymore barring the oddball exception?

#105 neoz

neoz

I Know Kung Fu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

I see it's still 59.99 at Target.com. How do you get that price. I'll just pick it up there instead.

That is the in store price. The online price won't drop till very close to the release date.

#106 LECGUN

LECGUN

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

It's going to be 29.99 at Target according to the 2/17-2/23 Ad. Source: http://forum.blu-ray...ad.php?t=214558
http://forum.blu-ray...81&d=1360502978

Edited by LECGUN, 11 February 2013 - 11:15 PM.
Clearify

#107 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:23 AM

That's an amazing price; can't wait for next week!

#108 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

hoping either BB or Amazon matches that price. BB for the Lannister art, Amazon for the credit I have there.

#109 midnightexpress

midnightexpress

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:23 AM

It's very likely they will, or they'd have missed out on possibly the biggest TV Blu release of the year (it's already no. 1 TV in the Blu-Ray pre-order site). Target also has an exclusive interview with George R.R. Martin; while I love the Best-Buy covers too, substance always trumps aesthetics. Amazon, however, has nothing.

#110 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:42 AM

while I love the Best-Buy covers too, price always trumps aesthetics.

Fixed that for you.

#111 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:28 AM

It's going to be 29.99 at Target according to the 2/17-2/23 Ad. Source: http://forum.blu-ray...ad.php?t=214558
http://forum.blu-ray...81&d=1360502978

Price matching at Best Buy!

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#112 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:00 AM

Keeping my fingers crossed for a BB price match. I think the Lanister sleeve will look good on the shelf next to the Stark box set of season one. I hope they do a Baratheon sleeve for he third season.

16Z462z.jpg

#113 blk00civicsi

blk00civicsi

Pillsbury Island

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:07 AM

Fuck a BB PM. Lets hope Amazon matches it. I don't give a shh.. about some special cover.

#114 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:17 AM

Fuck a BB PM. Lets hope Amazon matches it. I don't give a shh.. about some special cover.

We know Amazon will PM.

I want the BB cover so that's all I care about.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#115 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

$30 is an instant buy for me. I'll do Best Buy if they match, Target if they won't. Thank you again CAG.

#116 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

Sweet price at Target! Def price matching at BB.

Looks like Target has a few other okay sales this week including Season 1 of Game of Thrones (Blu) for $29.99, Season 1 of Girls (Blu) for $23.99, and Season 1 of The Wire for $15.

Edit: Scratch that. Season 1 of GoT is actualy $36.99 for Blu Ray, $29.99 for DVD. Seems odd to me that the new release season 2 is cheaper. Oh well..

Edited by mpaullin, 12 February 2013 - 07:20 PM.

#117 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

That's a smart move. A cheaper Season 2 means people who don't have Season 1 will have to buy it.

518793.png

#118 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

All editions at BB will be $34.99

#119 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

Where are the ads? I can't find them at the normal places.

Fucking dumb me. Nevermind

#120 SMBScooby

SMBScooby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

Going to get the Best Buy version just for the Lannister sleeve to match with my Lannister press kit.